M̷Y̷ ̷N̷A̷M̷E̷ ̷I̷S̷ ̷B̷L̷U̷R...

By jiminandhisjamsx

❛ The normals cry, the crazies laugh. ❜ ━ Five years ago, when Do Haru was nineteen years old, she witnessed... More

Important!
𝐈.
𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐕.
𝐕𝐈.
𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐗.
𝐗.
𝐗𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐕.
𝐗𝐕.
𝐗𝐕𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐗.
𝐗𝐗.
𝐗𝐗𝐈.

𝐈𝐕.

76 6 0
By jiminandhisjamsx

Chapter 4; Rivers of Ire and Regret

You are an idiot when it turns to sentiments.

───── ❝ do haru ❞ ───── 

'Haru, please I am really sorry, okay?' Yoongi whined, trying to make sure his voice wasn't louder than a whisper as he had been doing for thirty minutes already. He was trying not to get caught talking by their chemistry teacher. However, Haru wasn't looking at him nor responding, having zero intentions of forgiving him at the moment. 

'Please! I have been begging for your forgiveness for thirty minutes already, isn't it enough?!?' Yoongi almost yelled, then remembered the place that they were at and lowered his voice mid-sentence.

'Okay, fine. Just shut up before he gives me detention for the second time this week, one is more than enough,' she hissed, throwing a glare at her best friend before turning her attention back to Jimin. Of course, why would someone listen to their teacher, when they have a Park Jimin in class? They'd be crazy to bother. At least, according to Haru's opinion.

It annoyed her how it took absolutely nothing for him to become popular. Everyone, especially girls, whispered about him, never sealing those darned, injected lips of theirs. However, to her luck and greed, he rejected everyone, even some of the most prepossessing girls in the university. 

Haru was aware that she would likely be rejected as well, but he didn't turn her down yet. For some reason, while staring at him, she felt motivated. Out of nowhere, she decided she wanted to ask him out. 

Yes, it has been only two weeks, but who cares?

Haru thought nonchalantly. She knew she was kind of obsessed with Jimin, and not in a weird way, but maybe she just liked him a tad bit too much without knowing him well. All she hoped for is that if she asked him out casually, it would bloom into something serious.

She was a simple person when it came to relationships. If it worked out, it worked out; if it didn't work out, it didn't work out. Easy. However, she wasn't sure if she could keep it easy with Park Jimin. 

The only relationship that had worked out so far, was her six-year-old friendship with Yoongi. One that was being thrown away because of a little knobhead by the name of Myung Haneul.

A thought popped up in her mind, making her tilt her head towards Yoongi. The man looked crestfallen as he crossed his arms over the table and rested his chin upon them.

'Hey, Yoongles,' she whisper-yelled, giving his shoulder a small hit. 'Who would you choose between me and Haneul? Who would you give up? Who is more important?' she challenged, making Yoongi sigh tiredly.

'Wow, at least you called her by her name for once, instead of bitch or something.' he pinched the bridge of his nose, and seemed to need to think his answer over first. 

'Listen, Haru, no one will ever be as special as you to me, okay? But I'd never pick between you two. You are different people whom I love in different ways. You are my best friend, she's my girlfriend. I get that you don't like her or even hate her, and I'd probably act the same if someone did that to you. But I wouldn't bug you if as a human you wanted to give someone one more chance.'

'Okay, whatever. Then don't tell me shit when I ask Jimin out later today.' Haru smirked, placing her cheek into the palm of her hand as she watched Yoongi's eyes widen.

'Have you gone mad?!?' Yoongi almost shrieked, and Haru was about to respond but he cut her off instantly, not caring about any of her lame excuses.

'No! I don't want to hear it, these two situations are entirely different! You don't even know that guy, he has been here for merely two weeks, not even a month! At least, I have known Haneul for a whole year before dating her!' he emphasised, trying to keep his voice low as he noticed that a few students started to look their way either with a look of curiosity or irritation.

'Listen, Yoongi, I don't even know where this is going. It's more of a casual thing that I hope turns into something more, okay? I don't even know if he is going to agree. Plus, what's the problem?' she asked indifferently as she slyly enjoyed triggering her best friend. After all, she was one of a bitchy girl. But Yoongi was just as bitchy—if not bitchier—and had his polemics too.

'What do you mean what is the problem? You literally know nothing about him! His name and classes or whatever shit you stalked about him are all you know! He doesn't even know about that! Do I need to remind you about what happened not long ago after we met? Also the reason as to why we are so close?!?'

Yoongi snapped hard without filter, all promises to not speak about those things ever again gone so easily. He was so immersed in his own rage that he had barely noticed the way Haru's eyes began resembling crystals. 

'What if he triggers you by accident and starts thinking weirdly of you? What if he does something—'

Haru grabbed Yoongi's collar and pulled him closer, looking at him with a frown, depicting ire. 'Will you shut up before we both get in trouble?!?' she seethed. 

'I begged you to not speak about it again! The only clown in here is you, Yoongi. No matter how shrewd you may be when it comes to speeches, you are an idiot when it turns to sentiments. So don't try to teach me, you know how I am. I've been practising holding back when I get triggered. Do you think all the money that goes into my shit-ass expensive therapy is a waste? If it's not working, I'll just stop, and that is also why I think I should find myself a new best friend.'

Haru let go of his collar harshly before clearing her throat and actually listening to Mr Jang who was writing confusing shit on the huge whiteboard. Yet she couldn't wrap her mind against the whatever he was saying as she unconsciously reached for her eyes, wiping the one tear that managed to escape. 

Yoongi bit his lower lip, feeling hurt by Haru's sharp words, but of course, he was never going to admit that. He knew it was all his fault. The blame was solely on him and that made him feel like shit.

'I was just worried about you, I am so sorry, Haru,' Yoongi uttered lowly, trying to mask up the hurt in his tone. But of course, he had failed in doing so. She could perfectly hear, understand and see the dismay on her friend's face, making her feel rueful. He smiled lazily, extending his hand to caress her cheek tenderly before pulling away. 'I am sorry,'

'So am I, Yoongi,' she apologised, placing her hand on Yoongi's shoulder. 'I am really sorry, maybe I went too far there. I didn't mean to get so mad at you, you are human too. Sometimes, I wonder if you are a sociopath, but then moments like this occur and I realise that you probably aren't,' she said frankly, making her friend sigh for the nth time.

'Haru, I am not "feeling-less" okay? If I were, you and I wouldn't be friends. If I were, I wouldn't love my girlfriend insanely and turn myself into an idiot as you say. If I were, I wouldn't feel bummed out because of what happened just now. Is that not enough? Do I have anything else to list?'

'No, sorry,' she apologised again, shaking her head. 'I am truly sorry, Yoongi, sometimes, ugh... sometimes I just become so angry because of your girlfriend, I really don't like her. And you know how I feel whe  reminded of... of that. But if you like her and you two have made peace, I guess there is nothing I could or should do.'

'It's fine.' Yoongi shrugged just as the bell rang, signalling that their last class for the day had come to an end. 'But you know about Jimin... I understand you might like him, Et cetera. But why don't you just get to know him a little more first? ' he said softly, hoping not to nettle her once again. 'Like for example, tomorrow we have art, you should take a seat next to him.'

'Okay, fine.' she rolled her eyes. 'But how about you then?'

'It's okay, you out of all people must know that I like to be alone.' Yoongi chuckled, his heart unknowingly melting at Haru's thoughtfulness. 'Mh, I wonder if you are going to paint your lover-boy tomorrow?' he taunted, raising his eyebrows playfully in an attempt to lighten up the mood. To his luck, it worked out just perfectly because Haru's tiny grin made a forthwith return.

'Shut up, dude! That's so cringy!' she squealed, chucking a book at Yoongi's head, making him bleat as he patted the aching spot. 'That's what you get for being an annoying bitch throughout the last two weeks!' she stuck her tongue out childishly before walking away, leaving Yoongi alone. 

'She's never going to change, is she?' he susurrated under his breath, shaking his head subtly. A gentle, affectionate simper coated his lips at the sight of her walking ahead and not even bothering to look back.

Yoongi detested when they fought, especially when he was the root of the argument, but it was just how life went and how life was. He just hoped Jimin wouldn't steal too much of her from him if they ended up together because what Haru never noticed was that Yoongi spent way more time with her than with his own girlfriend. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author-nim's note:

I just wanted to mention that when I described the girls' lips as injected in an "insulting" way, it was from Haru's perspective. And there is a reason for that, that's what the character thinks, not me. There is nothing wrong with getting your lips injected even though it's not something I would personally do. Anygays, I just mentioned this because I am an overthinker lol and don't want to offend anybody with this. Also, does this chapter aspire curiosity? As in, do you feel interested to know what's wrong with Haru and Yoongi—basically their backstories, how they met, etc...

Another thing, bet you know Wattshit's a bitch, so i have no idea what the fuck's going to happen with my poor em dashes...

Published date: 27/07/2021.

Word count: 1,635.

— jiminandhisjams

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kiss √ By peach

Fanfiction

372K 16.4K 61
❝she leaves behind a red kiss.❞ in which a cold-hearted murderer finds herself involved with the biggest gang in seoul. ━━━━━━ @peachies ✓ highest r...
12.2K 934 39
Yoongi, a doctor who works in prison, and Y/n, an expert investigator, are recruited to investigate a series of inexplicable deaths. BUT . Little d...
3.7K 77 14
"Don't worry, I know it's not what it looks like. I trust you but I don't trust him so let's go home, okay?" ----- "He's been missing for weeks! I'm...
46.7K 3.3K 22
One year after the events from Daegu, unexpected murders start to arise, shaking the city of Busan in fear. With each case connected to the other, it...