The Inevitable

By GenieThomas21

After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expe... More

Authors Note
CONGRATULATIONS!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10!
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's note 🗣

Chapter 12

33 1 0
By GenieThomas21

I looked to where the voice was coming from and saw the Alpha...Dale's dad.

"CHANGE BACK NOW!" He commanded using his Alpha voice. Daisy showed her neck in submission and soon I felt the fur on my skin retracting and my body transformed until I stood on my two feet again. I smelt a familiar scent and looked up again to see my dad and mom looking at me in disappointment. 

~*****************~

After the Alpha commanded us to change back, I limped over to my parents black and blue. The disappointment on their faces quickly changed to one of concern when they saw my body black and blue. 

A loud smack was heard on the field and I turned in the direction it came from to see Dale's cheek had a glowing red handprint on it. He kept his head down and avoided his gaze with his father until he walked away. I almost felt sorry for him...almost. 

My mom took care of my wounds and bandaged me up which hurt like a bitch. I had 3 broken ribs, a black eye, and a bruised ego. When she was done, she gave me numerous pain medications and glared at me after. Oh boy, here it comes.  

"What were you thinking Samantha! You could have gotten badly injured or worse!" My mom's eyes started to change color and I bowed my head in submission to her quickly.

"I'm sorry mom, I just..." I whimpered

"You're acting so foolish these days! Showing up to school late and now you're fighting the fucking Alpha's son!" She yelled and something snapped in me.

"HE REJECTED ME!!!" I screamed back as much as it hurt my ribs. "He rejected me and I can't find someone else to claim me if I accept his rejection mom...I'm already a dead man walking" 

My mom looked shocked and before I knew it she fell to my bed. Tears streamed down her face and she rubbed soothing circles on my hand while a sob racked my body. 

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm so so sorry I couldn't be there for you." She apologized and continued crying. 

"It's okay," I said and turned my face away from her pained one.

After 15 minutes of crying my mom kissed my forehead and told me to get some rest, and she'll be back later. My eyes burned with exhaustion, and soon sleep called out to me. 

~************************~

I was awoken by the ringing of my cell phone and instantly got annoyed. I looked at my clock and saw it was 10 pm. Wow...I've been asleep for 11 hours that's crazy. I focused my attention back on my phone and saw Xavier's name on the screen. My thumb gently traced the answer button and before I could click it the phone cut off. Sigh. I placed my phone back on the table beside my bed and turned my back to it. 

The phone started ringing again and I moved a little too fast to answer causing a whimper to escape my lips. 

"Hello?" 

"Uh Hey," I said.

"Where are you?" He demanded.

"I'm at home Miller," I started twirling a piece of my hair around my fingers waiting for him to speak.

"I'm coming now." He said.

"What??" I choked on my spit and started coughing. "You can't come now, my family is having this thing right now and it's super private and restricted." 

"I wasn't asking princess." He said and hung up the phone.

Shit. I look like crap.

I waddled off my bed like a penguin because mom tied these bandages so thick. I walked to my bathroom at the fastest pace I could and splashed some warm water on my face, and brushed my teeth. I saw my hair looked like a bird's nest and raked my fingers through it fast. Next, I have to change into something cute but covering, which is so hard to do since I have bandages covering my whole abdomen. 

I decided on white long sleeve silk pajamas with black lining the edges so my bruises could be covered up, and I applied a touch of foundation to cover up my black eye. The doctor said it should be gone by tomorrow. Feeling confident with my choice of clothing, I went back to bed and lay down, waiting for Xavier to arrive. 

~******************~

I started sleeping on myself till I heard a soft noise by my window. I walked over there slowly and saw Xavier staring back at me with a determined look but also a hint of admiration. I opened my window and stepped back so he could jump up. 

Xavier looked handsome with a white t-shirt, black distressed jeans with black Jordan 11's on his foot.

"Hey," I said nervously and bit my lip. Our memories from the party flashed through my mind. 

"Hey," He said and took a step closer to me. We stayed silent, not knowing what to do until he engulfed me in a warm embrace.

"Where were you today?" I mumbled against his t-shirt, hoping he heard me. His cologne smelt so good.

"I was busy with things princess," He replied and hugged me a little tighter.

"What things?" I asked and took a step away from him. 

"Things from back home, it's nothing to worry about," He said and passed his thumbs over the wrinkles that formed on my forehead.

"Why did you leave your pack, Xavier?" 

"I-I never left, I'm just here for the while," I felt a small piece of my heart break at his words.

"For a while? You're going?" I questioned. I didn't even notice a few tears were running down my face till he stepped closer and stared at me. Why do I feel so attached already? Sigh. 

Xavier wiped my tears away and a look of confusion took over his face. I stared at him with my own look of confusion and backed away. He quickly stepped forward and placed his thumb on my face, wiping at something. Realization dawned on me that he's wiping away the makeup I put on my black eye. I pushed his hand away from my face and backed away until my back hit the wall. 

"What.the.fuck.is.that.on.your.face?" He growled. My stomach was in knots and I felt like I could puke. Xavier started to stalk towards me like a predator marking his prey until he stood right in front of me. The heat from his body warming me up. He stretched his hand out and lifted my shirt slowly, staring at the bandages that covered me in pure hatred. His fingers slowly unbuttoned my shirt until I was left in my pajama pants and a black lacey bra. 

Lust clouded his gaze but anger replaced it when he saw I was mainly covered in bruises. He slowly diverted his eyes to my hazel ones and so many questions burned in his eyes...along with anger.

"I-I...I'm fine,"

"That's not what I asked princess," He replied and stepped even closer to me if that's possible. 

"Dale-,"

 "Your soon to be Alpha did this to you?" He questioned. 

"Yes..." I answered.

"I'm gonna kill him," Xavier growled and started walking towards my window.

"STOP!" I shouted and watched his body come to a halt. He started shaking and I know he was so pissed, but he wouldn't face me.

"If you kill him...I'll die," I uttered under my breath. Xavier harshly turned around to face me with his glowing blue eyes. I've never seen anyone with glowing eyes like that...

"What do you mean White,"

"He's my mate Xavier...the one that rejected me." I sighed and looked anywhere but his eyes.

"Why the fuck would he beat you so badly," He slowly walked towards me again. His glowing eyes becoming dim with each passing second. 

"Because I can't accept his rejection...I-I don't have anyone to claim me after. I'll die," I bit my lip and my white toes looked so interesting. That famous body heat I grew to like reached me again. He was just at arm's length. He placed his index finger and raised my chin, causing me to look directly into his eyes.

"I'll claim you," He said with so much emotion. A gasp left my lips and I stared at him in shock.

"I-I-I don't even know you, Xavier. You probably have a mate...So many things could go wrong with this," I stuttered.

"And so many things can go right Samantha," He said. His warm minty breath fanning my face. 

"Your mate...I can't do th-"

"I don't have a mate," 

"How do you know that?" I asked. 

"My father's a very bad man Samantha...he got himself in trouble with some witches and they cursed me to get back at him. They took away the one thing that would complete me. The woman that would bear my children and be mine forever...They took away my chance at a mate, yet I feel so drawn to you." He whispered and pressed his forehead against my own. 

"I need time to think Miller," I said and bit my lip. 

"One month. I'll give you one month to decide if you wish to be with me. For that one month, I'll carry you on dates, parties and we'll get to know each other more. But if that prick touches you again I'll break his fingers. Deal?" He hissed.

I feel like I'm playing such a risky game of love. But what if this is my only chance at a happily ever after? I putting my life and heart in Xavier Miller's hands right now. I only hope he doesn't break them both. The worst thing that could happen would be falling hopelessly in love with someone that doesn't love me back.

"Deal," I answered and crashed my lips to his soft ones. A moan escaped my mouth when our tongues danced passionately together. Fireworks went off in my stomach and I no longer felt the pain in my body.  

Am I already falling hopelessly in love with Xavier Miller?

Word count: 1670

15/01/21

A/N

I think it's only right that Samantha gets an ease up from the heartbreak and constant torture. Let her get some happiness now. She's been struggling since chapter 1 right? 

ANYWAYS I did a double upload today because I had an idea for them to finally meet. Don't worry the different POV is coming soon, I just gotta work on it and think about it. Probably in the next couple of chapters I'll do it.

I'll update again soon! Comment any errors if you see any, I'll kindly fix them!

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND ADD this book to your library!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

597K 23K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
470K 13.5K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
49.7K 1.2K 27
The year is 2040, Kaydence Evans is trying to survive college in a world full of werewolves. She has been trained by her father for past 10 years in...
174K 6.2K 23
Alexandryn Harris is the 17 year old future Alpha of her pack, and once she graduates high school she'll be able to succeed her father as Alpha. She...