Bloodline

By gabriellawrites_

"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you... More

CAST
PLAYLIST
SEASON ONE
ONE|twisted
TWO|the killer flower
THREE|dark paradise
FOUR|blow out your candles
FIVE|babies in the bayou
SIX|midnight swim
SEVEN|banshee rescue mission
EIGHT|betrayal
NINE|forgiveness
TEN|the harvest
ELEVEN|house fires
TWELVE|the missing originals
thank you
THIRTEEN|family feud
FOURTEEN|moonlight dances
FIFTEEN|ignorance is bliss
SIXTEEN|balcony kisses
SEVENTEEN|sacrifice
SEASON TWO
EIGHTEEN|facing the music
NINETEEN|reunions
TWENTY|bonding over murder
TWENTY ONE|offer
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—π—π—ˆ|π—π—‹π–Ίπ—‚π—π—ˆπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾|π—†π—‚π—Œπ—Œπ–Ύπ–½ π–Όπ–Ίπ—…π—…π—Œ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‹|π—…π—ˆπ–Όπ–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾|𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗇 π–»π–Ίπ—‡π—Œπ—π–Ύπ–Ύ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—Œπ—‚π—‘|π—…π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 π—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‡|π–»π—ˆπ—‡π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π–Ύ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍|π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— π—π—‚π—†π–Ύπ—Œ
𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾|π–½π—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—‰π—‰π—‚π—‡π—€
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒|𝗏𝖺𝗆𝗉𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—‡π—‡π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ|𝗐𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 π–»π–Ύπ—…π—…π—Œ
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π—π—π—ˆ|π—π—π–Ίπ—‡π—„π—Œπ—€π—‚π—π—‚π—‡π—€
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾|π—π—‹π—Žπ—Œπ—
𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‹|𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—π–Ύπ—Œπ—
thirty five|the test part 2
thirty six|birthday surprises
thirty seven|a wolfs death
thirty eight|youth
thirty nine|doubt
SEASON THREE
forty|aftermath
forty one|reunited
forty two|the beach
forty three|witch massacre
forty four|vampire club
forty five|secret dinners
forty seven|breakups
forty eight|wine nights
forty nine|birthday pancakes
fifty|talks and revelations
please read!
fifty one|ice cream
fifty two|secret plans
fifty three|a painted house
fifty four|our happy ending
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Thank You!
A Mikaelson Halloween

forty six|holiday news

1.8K 52 4
By gabriellawrites_

The Originals
S3:E7
—————————————

"Will you shut up already!"

After trying to ignore her phone's alarm for almost a minute now, Veronica had run out of patience.

Rolling over, the brunette grabbed her phone and slammed her finger on the 'Stop' button. Closing her eyes and enjoying the silence, her annoyance came flaring back a few seconds later when she got a message. Knowing she won't be able to fall back asleep any time soon, Veronica sighed and opened her eyes.

On her lock screen displayed several notifications. The one that had just popped up was from Matt, wishing her and her daughter a happy Thanksgiving; a tradition that they had since they were kids. Several ones underneath were from Klaus, to which Veronica ignored and scrolled past. Finally, reaching the last one, was a text from Caroline. The hybrid furrowed her eyebrows at the cryptic message, not understanding why the blonde would want her to call her.

Veronica slid out of bed, not needing to check the spot next to her. She had known that Alex never slept in their bed last night. She assumed he either crashed on the couch or slept on the rocking chair in Hope's room, but either way, that wasn't the most important thing on her mind. Heading into the bathroom, the brunette figured she could multitask as she got this call out of the way.

After only one ring, Caroline picked up.

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Happy Thanksgiving?" Veronica questioned, "You wanted me to call you as soon as I could just so you could say that?"

"No! There's something else! I just thought I should say that since it is Thanksgiving and–"

"It's fine, I got it. What did you want to say?"

Veronica could hear Caroline take a deep breath on the other line and she could already imagine the stressed look she had on her face.

"I'm pregnant with Alaric's twin babies and I need your advice."

The rushed out words almost caused the brunette whiplash. Picking up the dropped toothbrush from her sink, Veronica placed her elbows on the counter and covered her face with her hands. After a few seconds, a small series of laughs fluttered out.

"Caroline, if you wanted to reconnect or something that's a horrible way of getting my attention. You're a vampire, you can't have kids. And Alaric? Really? I mean I can't judge if you're into older guys because I literally slept with Klaus but..."

"I'm serious, Veronica! Jo, you know her, right? She was the one Alaric was marrying. Anyways, she was carrying the twins and apparently when she died, they were transferred to me. I know how crazy this sounds but it's true and I just found out last night. That's why I texted you. I needed to talk to someone who's been through all... this."

"You're right, it does sound crazy. But, we've both gone through weirder experiences and I'm just going to have to take your word on this." Veronica sighed, "What do you need?"

"I don't know. I don't know the first thing about being a mom. And I know these aren't my kids so I shouldn't really feel like this, right? They won't be related to me in any way, I'm just carrying them for nine months. But it's just a feeling I have, like, I know I won't ever be able to have kids of my own and maybe these could be... my own? I can't explain it and I know it sounds horrible because they're Jo's and she's dead–"

"And you're rambling. Take a deep breath, stress isn't good for the baby."

"I don't think you can talk, Roni. The stress you went through when you were pregnant with Hope was through the freaking roof." Caroline said, but taking a deep breath anyways.

"For your sake, let's hope you don't have to go through anything I did."

After a few seconds, Caroline's gasp rang loudly through the phone. Scrunching her nose, Veronica had to pull the phone away from her ear, the vampire hearing making the gasp more loud than intended.

"Stefan! What do I tell Stefan!"

"That you're pregnant? It's not that hard, you guys are friends so I don't think he's going to care. Wait, that sounded bad. Of course he'll care!"

"Now who's the one rambling," Caroline snorted, "But we're not... just friends. It's complicated but I have feelings for him and I know he feels the same way. The whole thing is just really confusing and I don't want anything bad to happen because of the baby. No, babies. Plural! I'm carrying twins. Oh my god. This is crazy, huh?"

"Please don't lose it, I'm not fully awake yet and I don't think I can take this."

"You're fine with it, right? I mean you're married and all so I don't think you care that much."

"Fine with what?"

"Me and Stefan. I know he used to have the hots for you at first."

"Wait, what?" This time it was Veronica who snorted. "I think the hormones are already affecting your brain. Stefan never had feelings for me. It was Elena."

"You know you're kind of naive, right? I'm FaceTiming you so you can see my scolding face properly. Hold on."

Before the hybrid could reply, Caroline had already hung up the phone. Three seconds later, she had called back. Answering the call with a questioning look, Veronica raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, he had the hots for Elena too. Well, more than hots. We know how they went. But, he told me once that he used to have feelings for you. He said they weren't major, nothing like how he felt for her. But still, he thought there was something there."

Veronica shrugged her shoulders, rinsing her toothbrush before squeezing toothpaste on top.

"That's it? I get a shrug? I just told you our friend used to like you and that's all I get! I'm bored and pregnant, give me entertainment."

"No, Care. You're pregnant and procrastinating. Hang up and go tell Stefan about being knocked up. It's a holiday, maybe he won't get mad."

"You suck. I love you. We're going to talk more, okay? Because I miss my best friend and I don't think I can do it without you anymore. Did I mention I love you?"

"You did. And we will, I love you too."

Before Caroline could talk any more, Veronica waved and hung up. The brunette did her routine in the bathroom before walking back out into her bedroom, sitting on the edge of her bed as she looked at the texts from Klaus.

There were almost fifteen total, and by the use of uppercase in some and even an exclamation point, Veronica assumed someone died. However, after reading them all, she couldn't help but roll her eyes at his dramatics.

Klaus had felt the need to express how much he hated Tristan and his sister, Aurora, in multiple bubbles. Why he wasn't talking to Cami about this, she didn't know.

Cami.

"Oh shit!"

Veronica hadn't meant to say that out loud, but she did anyways. She had completely forgotten what Alex told her last night about Cami being captured.

With her heart beat getting faster, she began reading the most recent messages. They had gone from ranting about the siblings to informing her about what happened to Rebekah. Apparently, Aurora is keeping her body somewhere and won't tell them. Veronica reached the most recent text, sent an hour ago, that told her to come to their dinner later on.

Deciding it would be easier to call, Veronica pushed the hate she had aside and dialed his number.

"You're still annoying to me and I hate your guts, but what's going on?"

"Good morning to you too, Veronica. I'm doing well, how are you?"

"Stop it. Just tell me everything so I can hang up."

"If you insist," Veronica could practically hear his smirk. "My little sister was taken by my crazy ex and I'm hosting a holiday dinner tonight to find out her whereabouts. I'm sure you'd love to join us. If it makes you feel any better, it was Elijah's idea that you attend. Or maybe it was Tristan's."

"Oh really? Why would Tristan want me there?" The brunette hummed, curious to find out what Klaus knew.

"Are you forgetting who I am, love? I know everything. Just like how I know you're in a bit of a quarrel with lover boy."

"What the hell?"

"Yes, what the hell, indeed. Now, will I be saving you a seat at the table tonight?"

Veronica was silent for a moment, her eyes flickering to the baby monitor beside her bed. Hope was still asleep, and although Alex wasn't in her room, the memory of him being there last night popped in her head.

"No, don't. I'm staying in tonight. I'm sure you can commit murder without my help."

"A shame. I'm sure you'll be missed. I'll send Elijah later to get Hope, as I'm assuming you still don't want to see me?"

Silence was all Klaus received, and it was clear he understood her answer. Without saying any goodbyes, the original hybrid hung up and left Veronica alone in silence.

But with the head like hers, it was almost never silent.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

Veronica looked up from her seat on the floor, staring as Alex walked through the front door. Making sure Hope was good with her toys, the brunette stood up and made her way over towards her husband. As she got closer, she helped him place grocery bags on the counter.

"I was wondering where you went."

"Now you know."

Veronica sighed as he walked past her, taking items out of the bags and placing them in their locations.

"Will you stop with the cold shoulder already? This whole thing is stupid. I don't wanna fight with you."

"And you think I want to?"

"I think you want to blame someone and get angry because you were trapped as a wolf for months. I think you want me to somehow understand what you went through, even though we both know I can't. Look, I'm sorry about last night, okay? I should've told you I was going with Tristan and it was wrong of me to call you jealous. You were just concerned for me."

Alex was silent, the only indication of him listening was his jaw clenching when Tristan was mentioned.

"Can we just talk, please? It doesn't have to be right now, it can be later on. We can fake it through a dinner for Hope but when she goes to sleep can we stop fighting and have a proper conversation?"

Veronica almost sighed in relief at the small nod Alex gave. Taking that as a win, she turned on her heel and was about to go back to Hope when his voice stopped her.

"Where are you going? I thought you loved making Thanksgiving dinner."

The brunette did a complete spin, a small grin plastered on her face. Veronica lightly skipped over to the bags and began taking the rest of the food out, a bunch of recipes going through her mind. As she was preoccupied, she had missed the faint smile on her husbands lips at her excited demeanor.

"So, Caroline called me this morning. Well, I called her but she asked me to."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's pregnant. Isn't that crazy? It's a whole thing and it gets weirder the more you understand but she wanted some advice."

"And what kind of advice did she want?"

Veronica shrugged, standing on her toes to reach the bowls in the cabinet.

"Just about pregnancy and all that. She also told me she wanted to talk more, go back to how things were and all that."

"Are you sure that's wise? She was kind of a shitty friend to you. They all were. I mean, none of them told you about your brother."

"I know that. But life is way too short to hold grudges against people. Like my sister, for example. I'm still angry at her, but I don't hate her. Even if I don't understand why she did what she did, I can still hope she only acted how she thought was right."

Alex nodded, thinking Veronica was being too forgiving but not daring to mention it out loud. However, he hoped he wouldn't regret what he did say instead.

"And Klaus?"

"Hm?"

"Can you forgive him? After what he did to you? To us?"

Veronica stopped her movements for a second, her bottom lip starting to wobble before she swallowed and began resuming. She mustered a smile on her face, one that was clearly trying to seem normal but came off as awfully fake.

"I'm not sure. I suppose we'll see in a few years, huh?"

Alex returned the smile, although similar to hers, it didn't quite reach his eyes. Clearing his throat, he thought it would be wise to change the topic.

"Need any help? Or does chef Veronica got this."

The brunette laughed, shaking her head as she swatted his arm with a whisk.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

"Are you sure you don't wanna answer that?"

"He's probably having a temper tantrum. I'm in the middle of dinner with my husband and daughter, he can invite me to his pity party another time."

The ringing stopped, but only a second later did it begin again. Klaus Mikaelson had been calling Veronica nonstop for the past two minutes, annoying not only the couple, but Hope as well. The young child had started to become fussy, not at all enjoying the rings.

"I'll tell him to leave me alone, make sure she finishes her food."

Veronica stood up from her chair, answering the call as she walked into the bedroom.

"I swear Klaus, if you don't have a good reason for calling me I will shove your phone so far up your–"

"Aurora has Cami."

"No, Lucien has Cami."

"What?"

"How do I know this and you don't? Alex told me Lucien had her. I thought that's what you guys were talking about tonight?"

"Wait, you knew– We're talking about this later." Klaus scolded, "Yes, Lucien had her, but now Aurora took her. Things at dinner didn't go as planned and now she's angry at me."

"So what's the plan?"

"I'm working on it. Maybe we could have thought of one earlier had you accepted my call faster."

"Seriously? You know I'm trying to spend time with my family–"

"Are you forgetting that a member of your family is missing? Did I fail to mention that Aurora had dropped Rebekah's body at the bottom of the ocean?"

"Yes, you did!" Veronica exclaimed, "Why do you always have to piss off women, Klaus?"

"More like why do women always have to piss me off."

"Make sure to say that again when Hope's a little older."

Klaus let out a sarcastic laugh, "I'll do this myself. Go back to your family dinner, and keep her for the night. Elijah and I will be too busy."

Before the brunette could give a reply, he had ended the call without another word. Veronica's shoulders felt heavier as she walked back to the table, slumping into her seat.

"Please tell me you were listening because I really don't feel like explaining it all."

Alex sent her a sympathetic look, reaching across the table and picking up her hand; pressing a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was better to give you privacy."

"You and your manners suck."

"I know."

Veronica began telling Alex everything Klaus told her, making sure to include his women comment so she can add in how much of a misogynist idiot he is. Of course, that confused Alex a bit, but he just let her get sidetracked and listened to everything she had to say.

"Wait, why are you still here then?"

"Excuse me?"

"You told me that Rebekah and Cami were in danger, why aren't you helping them?"

"I love them, they're like my family. But there's not much I can do for them right now. Rebekah is literally swimming with fish as we speak and Cami is god knows where. I don't even know this Aurora girl, how am I going to fight someone I can't put a face to."

"Is Freya doing any type of spells?"

"Klaus didn't say, but knowing her, she's probably done fifty already."

Alex gave a distracted nod, looking down at the table as he began thinking.

"What is it? I can see the gears turning behind your eyes."

"What if," he hesitated, "What if you got close to Tristan? From the gala to last night, I'm assuming he's interested by you and wouldn't mind you hanging out with him more."

"Are you on something? Please let me know if you're high because you're making no sense right now." Veronica stated, her hands doing all types of motions which Hope was following closely. "Last night you got mad at me because I met him for dinner, and now you're telling me to go see him again? For what? So we can get drunk and spill all out secr– oh!"

"Yeah, oh." Alex smirked, "Get close, find out whatever you can on Rebekah and Cami, and get them back."

"This is horrible. But with the shit we've been through, it could be worse." Veronica laughed, raising her wine glass. "Here's to pimping me out to our enemy. Cheers."

The male hybrid smiled, rolling his eyes as he clinked their glasses.

Drivers license has been on repeat for the past three days...

Any who, I hope everyone has been having a good 2021!

Please leave comments!!! I love reading them :)

I'm going to update way more this year!

Also, I know I mentioned Veronica & Alex having a conversation about the fight and I didn't add it in this chapter, but I promise I'll talk about it in the next! This chapter might be the calm before the storm 🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 10.7K 39
"Don't give your heart to a monster and be surprised when they break it." #2 in klaus - 3/4/21 #3 in theoriginals - 11/23/20 #2 in tvd - 1/6/21 Book...
50.1K 1.4K 51
This entire city was poison-filled trash and vultures who lurked around and attacked my life, and the lives of my children, as they all tried to hide...
149K 5.8K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
26.1K 649 39
Luna Salvatore knew one thing for sure, her life was a complicated mess. She had suffered but she had survived. She been left broken and scared by th...