The Nanny

Bởi Moms4boys

Greenlee gets a job as a nanny. Is it more than she bargained for? Maybe she should have read the contract. Xem Thêm

Chapter One- She's the one.
Chapter Two-Making moves
Chapter Three- Do you always do what you're told?
Chapter Four- Things are weird.
Chapter Five- She seems off.
Chapter Six-Bonding with Arianna.
Chapter Seven- Feelings Change.
Chapter Eight- Devastation
Chapter Ten- Reassigned.
Chapter Eleven- The Christmas party.
Chapter Twelve- Nothing is perfect.
Chapter Thirteen- Hard conversations.
Chapter Fourteen- Man to man.
Chapter Fifteen- Lots to talk about.
Chapter Sixteen-Coming home.
Chapter Seventeen- Home.
Chapter Eighteen- The end.

Chapter Nine- This is all your fault.

3.1K 103 6
Bởi Moms4boys

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

It has been two weeks since Arianna died. Callen has been distant and cold. I expect, and I am ok with it. I am hurting too. I loved Arianna. I had no clue what she was planning. I would have stopped her had I known. I have Bria in her nursery. I chose to stay away from him. I know he needs time. I'm giving him the space he needs. I can't even begin to fathom what he is going through.

Aubrey has been really respectful. She came to the funeral, and we discussed bills and things then, but she has kept her distance. I will pay her back when things settle down. Nancy called to check-in. Other than that, it's been quiet. The funeral was just Callen, me, and Aubrey; Callen wanted no one else there. That was also Arianna's request.

When Callen went to the house, she died, at he was handed a suicide note. It also had a legal notice attached to it with Arianna's demands. He had to follow what she wanted legally. It also stated that she had her whole funeral paid for. She had taken care of everything.

She told him in the letter that she couldn't handle the pain anymore. That he deserved a wife who could give him everything he wanted. Bria deserved a mom that could be there for her, always not just part time. She said that she had made this decision before she even had Bria that she wanted him to have a part of her for the rest of his life.

The door to Bria's nursery opens. Bria immediately runs to her dad. He picks her up. I notice he has an envelope in his hand. I don't speak. He hasn't spoken a word to me since the night he found out. He will hand me things or leave them on the counter and point to them. He will not use his voice around me at all.

The next thing I know, he is throwing the envelope at me.

Callen: "This isn't your home. You should not be receiving mail here. Do not let it happen again."

He walks away with Bria.

I open the envelope; It had no return address on it; I find a letter and a flash drive.

~~

Greenlee,

I sent this to you because I knew that you would make sure that Bria got to see this. These are messages that I recorded for her. They go from her first birthday to her eighteenth. There is one for her wedding day, her first child's birth, and graduation from high school and college. There is also one for each Christmas from her first to eighteenth. When she is old enough, please have her watch them.

I never said it while I was alive, so I am saying it now. THANK YOU. Thank you for loving my daughter and Callen. I know that you will take care of them. Please continue to love them with the same love you showed them while I was alive.

Thank you for being a friend to me when I needed one. I will miss out on cuddle sessions and our endless discussions about the man we both love. Take care of him.

I love you,

Arianna.

~~

With tears running down my face, I find Callen. He was on the third floor with Bria; I don't speak. I won't. I lay the letter on the counter with a flash drive and go to my room. I lay on my bed and cry. Arianna was important to all of us. I can't show my emotions in front of him. I knew her for five months; he knew her for over twenty years.

I have been staying in my own room since she died. I know he doesn't want me in his bed. He barely wants me around his daughter. My door flies open. I sit up.

Callen: "ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT. YOU ARE THE REASON SHE IS GONE."

He turns his back to me.

Callen: "I have packed all your things and put them in your car. I am ending your assignment. Please leave now."

He walks away.

I gather the few things I have in my room, and I leave. I make my way to my house. As soon as I see Aubrey, I lose it. She pulls me to the couch and just holds me. She doesn't question me or anything. I am thankful that she didn't. At some point, she helps me to my bed. This all happened so fast. I knew it was too good to be true.

I cry myself to sleep.

~~Aubrey's point of view~~

It's been a week since Greenlee came home. I have not seen her other than the night she came home. I have been afraid to leave her at home alone. So, I have taken a leave of absence at work. I didn't have to give them an excuse. I have time built up. I have been at the same place since turning eighteen. I have never taken any kind of time off. Just the two days that Callen insisted I take.

The whole town knew about Arianna. They also knew that she had left strict instructions about her funeral. She got everything she wanted. What the entire town didn't know was what was going on in the home. They didn't see the family that they were. How close the three of them were. I was jealous of Arianna; She had my best friend; I didn't complain, though. They shared the bond of loving the same man.

Greenlee didn't only lose Arianna. She lost a man she loved and the little girl she considered her own. I get it; I hate it for her, I really do. It's been seven days. I need her to get up and take a shower. I need her to sit down and pay her bills. I need her to be human again. If I don't force it, she isn't going to do it.

I make my way upstairs; I open her door; she is asleep in the middle of her bed. I got to her window and open the curtains, then sit down on the bed. I sit there and look at her for a bit before I shake her to wake her up.

Aubrey: "Greenlee..."

She stirs.

Aubrey: "Wake up, Greenlee."

She opens her eyes and looks at me.

Aubrey: "I need you to get up and take a shower."

Greenlee: "No."

Aubrey: "Yes."

Greenlee: "No."

Aubrey: "If you don't get up on your own, I will go get a bucket of water. It's been an entire week. I get it, Babes I really do. I need you to rejoin the living. My bank account needs you to pay it back."

She sits up. I knew that would get her up. I don't need the money; I have made it; I won't be able to continue to do it, though. I also know that her contract states if he terminates her agreement, he must continue to pay her until she finds other employment.

Greenlee: "It's been a week?"

Aubrey: "It has. I need you to take a shower. Then we need to sit and go over the bills, and you need to go through your mail. Then you and I are going to have dinner. I am tired of cooking."

Without a word, she gets up and showers. I do not leave her room. I know if I do, she will crawl her ass back in the bed. She did the same thing when Granny died. I will not let her go back into that hole. I will push her to her fullest.

She comes out of the shower and gets dressed. She brushes her hair, but she forgoes makeup. Baby steps.

Greenlee: "Let go fix your bank, then I'll go through the mail."

Aubrey: "Let reverse that. I need you to go through your mail before we fix my bank."

Greenlee: "Why?"

Aubrey: "Because you have several from your bank, and there is also a certified letter that was delivered two days ago."

Greenlee: "Ok."

We make our way downstairs; I get her mail and hand it to her; she first finds the certified letter.

Aubrey: "Who's it from?"

Greenlee: "Durham and Durham law firm. What day of the week is it?"

Aubrey: "It's Thursday. It's been exactly a week."

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

I didn't want to tell Aubrey that the name of the law firm was familiar. I had heard Arianna talk about her lawyer; Her name was Eloise Durham; I open the letter.

~~

Ms. Anderson,

This letter is being sent to you on behalf of Arianna Bryant.

On September 12, 2020, a bank draft was sent to your account from hers. Documents have been provided to your bank to prove this transfer was legal.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call.

Elosie Durham.

~~

A business card was inside the envelope.

I hand it to Aubrey.

Aubrey: "That's the day she died..."

Greenlee: "I know."

I grab my phone and check my online banking.

Greenlee: "We need to go to the bank."

Aubrey: "I'll drive."

Aubrey drives me across town to the bank. I go in and talk to a teller. She tells me that I have to speak to the bank manager. We sat there for twenty minutes before he came out. The guy didn't look like a banker at all.

Zach: "Hello, I am Zachary Clemons. I am the branch manager. I was told that you have some questions about your account."

Greenlee: "I do."

Zach: "Please follow me."

Greenlee: "Aubrey is coming too."

Zach: "That's fine."

This guy isn't from here.

We follow him to his office. He lets us in first, then comes in and closes the door. This is why I made Aubrey come. I am not going to be without her at all right now.

Zach: "What can I help you with, Ms. Anderson?"

Greenlee: "I need you to take a look at my account. I don't think the online app is correct."

Zach: "Do you mind pulling up your app while I pull your account?"

Greenlee: "That is fine."

Zach: "I need your social."

I rattle it off.

Zach: "May I see the app?"

I slide my phone to him.

Zach: "The app is accurate."

Greenlee: "How?"

Zach: "There was a legal transfer from an account to your account. I have the legal documents uploaded. It looks like the legal paperwork states that the money from Arianna Bryant's personal account was to be split evenly between your account and an account set up for a Bria Rose Bryant with you as the overseer of the account."

Greenlee: "I don't want that money."

Zach: "You don't have a choice. It's was all done legally."

Greenlee: "What are my options?"

Zach: "The money is yours, even if you don't want it. The money is strictly from Mrs. Bryant's personal account. There are two other accounts in her name with her husband. One looks like a business account, and the other is a joint personal account. He has a personal account as well."

Greenlee: "Can that money be moved?"

Zach: "As long as the account is in your name. The legal documents indicate that this can not be transferred back to the account it came from or to any account with the Bryant last name. It's also stated that the money cannot be donated to a charity. I can print it for you if you would like."

Greenlee: "Can you open a savings account in my name and transfer that exact amount to that account?"

Zach: "I can. I do need to tell you that the account you oversee for Bria Bryant is in your total control. You cannot access the money yourself, but neither can Bria. No matter her age."

Greenlee: "Son of a bitch."

Aubrey: "Arianna wanted to guarantee that you remain in her life."

Greenlee: "Yes, she did. I think she forgets who she was married to. I want no parts of any of this."

Zach: "I can open the account for you and transfer that amount to that account. As far as Bria's account, she covered her tracks. This document won't be able to be contested in court. It clearly says this document cannot be contested."

Greenlee: "Fuck me."

Aubrey: "Think about it as you know, you will see her again."

Greenlee: "Have you met Callen?"

Aubrey: "I have."

Greenlee: "Then, you should know that Bria is never going to need that money."

Aubrey: "I do. I was just trying to play devil's advocate."

Greenlee: "Why would she do this?"

Aubrey: "Do you really want me to answer that?"

Greenlee: "No."

The banker clears his throat.

Zach: "What would you like me to do?"

Greenlee: "Open the savings account. Transfer that amount to the savings account, please. While we're here, Aubrey, how much do I owe for my half of these bills?"

Aubrey: "1528.32."

Greenlee: "After you transfer the amount to the savings account, can you transfer that amount to Aubrey's account?"

Zach: "I can."

Greenlee: "Thank you."

Aubrey: "How much did she transfer you?"

Greenlee: "Five million dollars."

Aubrey: "You're shitting me?"

Greenlee: "No. Aubrey, this is going to be a huge mess."

Aubrey: "She covered her ass. She was a lawyer as well, remember that."

Zach: "The account has been opened and the transfer completed. I do need your signature."

He slides the screen around, and I sign with my finger. He transfers the money to Aubrey, and I sign again. We go to leave...

Zach: "Bria will be notified when she is eighteen. She will be told who you are."

Greenlee: "I have seventeen years and two months to figure out what to do then."

Zach: "Feel free to reach out if you have any questions."

He slides me his card.

Greenlee: "Thank you."

We walk out of the bank.

Greenlee: "Why would she do this?"

Aubrey: "I don't know, Babes. There isn't anything you can do."

Greenlee: "I know. I need a drink."

Aubrey: "No, you don't. We're going to Janie's diner."

Greenlee: "That works."

Aubrey: "You're buying."

Greenlee: "That's fine."

We drive to the diner. We're halfway through our meal when Nancy comes up to the table.

Nancy: "Hello, Dear."

Greenlee: "Hello."

Nancy: "How is Bria?"

Greenlee: "I have no clue. Mr. Bryant terminated my assignment."

Nancy: "Oh, dear."

Greenlee: "If you are willing to have me back, I would be willing."

Nancy: "As soon as I get the next child, you'll be my first call."

We finish our meal and head home; Aubrey is right. I knew I was playing a dangerous game. I cannot let him consume my life. I have to move on. I owe myself that. 

~~New character~~

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

107 0 10
A 20 year old man who just lost his best friend. He was left with his two twins Myla and Myrin, who are only 5 month olds. 3 years later, he's strugg...
9.2K 145 17
This is the story of a Nanny to seven year old twin boys who has a crush on her boss. He's engaged to be married to someone else which the Nanny does...
128K 9.4K 77
Mew and gulf, two high school lovers, been together since they were 16, they then married just has young by the age of 21, things go well until there...
3.9K 70 26
There's a lady named Amelia who has a job as a nanny. She works with a sexy lady named Emma. Emma and Amelia both have feelings for each other but...