the beauty of water: deep end...

By thunder_roses

πš†πšŠπšπšŽπš› πš’πšœ 𝚊 πšžπš—πš’πššπšžπšŽ πšπš˜πš›πšŒπšŽ. π™Έπš πšŒπšŠπš— πš‹πšŽ πš‹πš˜πšπš‘ πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŒπšŠπšπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšπšŽπšŠπšπš•πš’--οΏ½... More

prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty-one.
chapter twenty-two.
chapter twenty-three.
chapter twenty-four.
chapter twenty-five.
chapter twenty-six.
chapter twenty-seven.
chapter twenty-eight.
chapter twenty-nine.
chapter thirty.
epilogue.
The Beauty of Water: Resurfaced|The Finale

chapter four.

4.7K 202 51
By thunder_roses

"These should be ready to go," (Y/n) said after giving the final egg-like device a final check-up. "They should mask our presence and block any incoming signals—just as they're intended to do."

"Excellent! Now let's—" Dazai was cut off by a large explosion that occurred outside the agency.

He walked out of the room they were working in first, going to one of the windows. (Y/n) took this moment to quickly put the eggs into her duffle bag and slung it over her shoulder—the remote for them sitting in her jacket pocket.

"What's going on out there?" she asked as she left the room, walking over to stand next to him. She widened her eyes as she saw the mayhem that was beginning to occur, cars crashing and people attacking each other for no real reason—it was utter chaos. "Woah... You weren't kidding when you said this would be a disaster..."

"Let's get going," he stated, turning around as his coat swung around gracefully behind him.

(Y/n) nodded, turning on her heel as she picked up the pace—going at a jog to a near run as she followed behind Dazai. But she almost rammed into the back of him when he abruptly stopped, turning around as he stuck his hand into his pocket.

"I know you have your ability, but..." He pulled out a pistol in a thigh holster from his pocket, "I'd feel a bit more confident if you had this with you."

She looked from the gun to him, hesitantly taking it as she put the holster around her right thigh, adjusting it and pulling out the pistol. She checked the magazine—finding it to be fully loaded.

"It's been a while since I've used a gun," she stated, putting the pistol back into her holster. "I'll return it to you after we're done here."

"Return it whenever you like." He shrugged slightly, turning around as he resumed his pace towards the stairs. "Just try not to kill yourself in the process."

"Will do."

These devices shouldn't be able to hurt anyone, which is just what we'll need if we're going to stop this, she thought as they ran down the stairs, going out of the building and onto the street. But this... this is insane.

They ran down the street, passing by many buildings that were set aflame and had large chunks of them missing due to the chaos. People were on the streets, either running from others who were chasing them or on the ground covered in a pool of their own blood.

Woah... This is even more violent than I initially realized... she thought as she grabbed onto the hood of a car, vaulting herself over it as she kept a tight grip on the bag of egg-devices she had slung across her body and over her shoulder. I'm certain we'll make it there on time, but that doesn't change the fact that this is still pretty scary.

"Hey! Watch out!" a person yelled, garnering (Y/n)'s attention while Dazai kept going.

There she saw a young woman wearing jeans, a white button-up and an apron immediately throwing another person aside like they were just a crumpled up paper ball. Her blonde hair was a mess, some of it still in the bun that it was originally styled in while the rest was spread out and tangled like a rat's nest.

No way... She widened her eyes, gripping the bag as she realized who was rampaging along the sidewalk like a bull in a china shop. Hinami? No...

Dazai stopped, realizing that (Y/n) was no longer following him. He turned back, scampering over and taking her hand. "Come on, we have to keep going."

"But Hinami—"

"The best thing we can do for her is to get that doll and use my ability to end this madness," he replied in a serious tone, sending chills down her spine as she simply nodded in response. "Come on, you can check on her later."

"R-right..."

But they didn't make it far as they were stopped by a car crashing into a nearby lamppost. Dazai jumped back slightly, pulling (Y/n) behind him as they dodged the accident.

"That was close," she stated, panting as she looked around.

"You're telling me..."

Before they could continue on their trek, (Y/n) felt a tingling sensation in the back of her head, turning slightly as she attempted to see the cause. She gasped as she realized the source of the bad feeling, tightening her grip on Dazai's hand as she slid back onto the sidewalk. "Look out!"

A stray washing machine flew right past where they had been standing, crashing into the car that had just crashed. She turned to see the source—finding that Hinami had been the one who had thrown it away like it weighed nothing.

"Well... It isn't a refrigerator..." she muttered under her breath, watching as she pulled out a dryer from one of the nearby laundromats.

She let go of Dazai's hand, pulling the pistol out from her pocket as she watched Hinami hold the dryer over her head—preparing to attempt to throw it at them again as the door of it was barely hanging off of one of the hinges right above her. But rather than shoot down the natural powerhouse, she shot the intact hinge—breaking it and causing the door to fall right on Hinami's head—knocking her out in the process as she dropped the dryer to the side before tumbling to the ground.

"Nice shot," Dazai commented as (Y/n) put the gun back into her holster.

"I've had a lot of practice before this," she replied, turning towards him as she readjusted her hold on the duffle bag. "Now let's end this."

(Y/n) kneeled on the perch of a nearby building, a pistol resting beside her while she held a rather large water bottle. Dazai was on the ground, seemingly waiting for Atsushi to show up with the doll they needed so desperately.

Finally, after a large hail of gunfire closing in on their position, (Y/n) finally spotted the white-haired teen running down the street. She pulled out her phone with her free hand, pressing a single button as it began to rang—holding it up to her ear as the person on the other hand answered almost immediately.

"Atsushi just passed me, prepare the devices," she simply stated, readjusting her seated position as she watched him get further down the street.

"Acknowledged. Now get your pretty head over here in case we need a bit of cover," Dazai responded, causing her face to heat up a little bit at the request.

"Save the flirting for after we stop Yokohama from going up in flames." With that, she hung up the phone and put it back into her pocket.

She stood up, grabbing the pistol as she did so and putting the water bottle into the other large pocket of her jacket. She began to run along the stone perch she had been kneeling on, leaping from building to building as she continued to follow the path.

Just as she got closer to the end, she spotted a large oil truck that had fallen onto its side amidst the chaos. She thought as she leapt off of the edge, landing onto a nearby balcony and hiding behind its stone fence, Oh crap, that's not good—

(Y/n)'s thought was followed with an explosion, a large and loud fire filling the street that she and Atsushi had been following. She placed the pistol onto the ground, using her hands and arms to cover her head and face as she tucked her knees into her chest—pieces of the stone breaking and falling around and on her.

After she was sure the dust was cleared enough for her, she stood up, placing the pistol back into her holster—realizing that she would most likely not need it after spotting Dazai walking towards the beaten-up teen.

She got onto the stone ledge of the balcony, letting out a sigh of relief after she saw Dazai pick up the infamous doll—a slight blue glow emitting from it as she knew that this meant that the endeavor was over... at least for that moment.

As she saw the two converse, she took that as her cue to pull out the remote from her pocket. Dazai turned towards her, giving her a slight wave with the doll in his hand as a final cue—leading her to press the button as the egg devices opened up and glittery pink smoke blew out from them.

(Y/n) put the remote back into her pocket, leaping down as she tumbled to break her fall a bit. She rolled into a standing position, bouncing slightly as she regained her balance.

"They work just as we wanted," she said as she walked over, her boots causing a bit of cracking against the broken and somewhat burnt ground. "The sensor jammers should help us get to a bit of cover if we don't want to get shot from above."

Atsushi, who was slightly confused by her sudden appearance, turned back to Dazai. Dazai told the white-haired agent, "I'll introduce you two once we get to cover, but just know that this young lady is one of the many reasons that you were able to get this doll to me. Now, (Y/n)," he looked up to her, "help me get Atsushi to some cover."

"Will do."

(Y/n) stood a bit further up the stairs after placing Atsushi a couple flights down, Dazai staying with him as the two spoke. She had a hand rested on the handle of the pistol, ready to use it or the water bottle she had her other hand rested on in case someone decided that their fight for that moment wasn't quite over.

After a bit, Dazai turned to her, calling out, "You can come on down, I don't think you and Atsushi have been properly introduced quite yet."

She nodded, resting her hands in her pockets as she walked down the stairs to the two. "(Y/n) (L/n), this is Atsushi Nakajima."

"Nice to meet you—despite the rather violent circumstances," she said, Atsushi letting out a sigh as he slightly nodded in agreement.

"Dazai has spoken about you a lot—it's almost scary," Atsushi tiredly told her, a small smile coming across her face as she listened to him.

"Atsushi has suggested that the Armed Detective Agency should team up with the Port Mafia to take down the Guild," Dazai told her, (Y/n) looking between the two as he spoke. "Do you think, if we get the president to agree of course, that you can get back in contact with you-know-who?"

She let out a sigh, pulling a hand out of her pocket and rubbing the back of her neck. "Which way?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 478 24
Transported into the realm of your favorite anime 'Bungo Stray Dogs' after a tragic accident, you discover that life in this new reality is anything...
7.4K 281 23
Y/n L/n never knew her biological parents nor did she ever really care to know them. She had loved her adopted parents and that was enough for her. B...
72.5K 3.5K 47
The Armed Detective Agency is hit with a new job. Protect a Princess you say? This said Princess is not only the heir to the throne but the target to...
82.8K 1.9K 14
[!Completed!] You, (Y/n) were just living your life inside your little cozy room when people interrupted the peace. You got dragged to who knows wher...