Love is a different ball game...

By Cactus_table

Y/N, a 25 year old NFL player. He's been playing for the LA Chargers for 2 years now and have been streaming... More

BIO
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Becoming Friends
🤔
Chapter 4: Trending
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Part 1
Chapter 6: Part 2
Chapter 7: Fun stream and Tragedy.
🦝
Chapter 8: Closure
Chapter 9: Catching up

Chapter 3: Game Day.

4.1K 45 26
By Cactus_table

Talking="Yeet"
Thinking='Yeet'

Y/N Pov:

When I woke up the next day I quickly took a shower and had a small breakfast. I made sure Lucy was comfortable and made my way to the stadium for the game against the Browns at 12am.

When I got to the stadium we just practiced some catches and did some drills while we waited for the Brownsto arrive.

TIMESKIP.

The Browns finally arrived and we started making our way to the field.

———————————————————

NOBODY Pov:

The two teams stood there facing eachother waiting...

Y/n stood there with one thought on his mind. 'Poki said she'll be watching, I better not dissapoint her.'

Finally the wistle was blown and the game started...

———————————————————

Poki Pov:

I woke up to the annoying beeping of my alarm, I stood up and went to watch some TV. During a comercial break, today's NFL schedule came up and it showed that the Chargers were facing the Browns at 12am this afternoon.

Suddenly my face turned a bit red because I know who's playing. 'Now that I think about it, why is it that whenever I play with Y/n I get flustered? I cant like him, can I? We met like 2 days ago.'

After that train of thoughts I stood up and took a shower to go do my daily stream.

The whole time while I was streaming my chat constantly asked if I was going to watch Y/n play later.

TIMESKIP after stream  11:45

After my stream I checked the time and saw Y/n's match was about to start. I immediately sprinted to the TV. Why? Because I was going to support a friend.
'Friend? Why do I feel sad when I think of us only as friends?'

Anyway, I dont know mutch about football so I decided to read all about the recent news about it. I learned that Y/n actaully won ROOKIE OF THS YEAR in his rookie season.'Impressive.'

I also learned that today would be a tough game because on one side we have Y/n and on the other, they have a guy called Odell Beckham Jnr.

'Lets see how this goes...' I thought as I watched Y/n catch some practise catches before the match started.

———————————————————

Y/n Pov:

It was finally halftime and we were leading with 27 points and the other team having 14 points. At the end of the first half I made 3 touchdown catches but also got hit pretty badly.

As we were walking on the field for the second half I thought 'I hope Imane is enjoying the sho‐ Wait! Why am I so worried if she's watching?'

TIMESKIP after the game.

The game finally ended and we won 43-14. All my teammates were celebrating but I was just to tired. I just wanted to go home and play some videogames and maybe chat with Imane-'No! Stop! She propably didnt even watch the game' I thought as I chuckled and drove home.

———————————————————

Poki Pov:

'Oh My God!! That was so nerveracking!' I thought. Everytime Y/n caught the ball or scored a touchdown I would jump up and cheer for him. But everytime he got tackled I would cover my mouth and pray that he was okay.

Luckily the Chargers pulled through and got the win. I think Y/n scored about 23 points, nowonder he was ROOCKIE OF THE YEAR.

After the game I just waited by my PC and hoped that Y/n would come online.
'Why? To congratulate him of course. Not because I like him or anything.' I thought with a my cheeks flashing red.

About 20 minutes after the game his name finally popped up and a smile crawled its way on my face.

I invited him on Discord and waited until he join.

*BEEP*

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Imane." He said in this tired yet very attractive voice wich made my whole face light up.

"You did really well today Y/n." I said quitely.

"Oh, thanks. You watched?" He asked.

"Of course dummy! I said I would watch. Although I got really worried everytime they hit you." I said and wispered the last part to myself.

"Aww, you shouldnt worry about me Poki. The whole game I was actually thinking about you, I was hoping you would watch so that I could give you a show."he said in a tired tone.

'He was thinking about me the whole time?!?' I thought as my face turned bright red.

"Well I really enjoyed your show Y/n." I laughed still blushing.

"Im glad you enjoyed Poki. Next time I'll get you some tickets if you want."  He said and I smiled.

"I would like that very much Y/n." I said "H‐hey Y/N?" I asked shyly.

"Yeas?"

"Would you like to go get a coffe with me this Thusrday?" I asked blushing like crazy.

' Why am I blushin like this? Its normal to have coffee among friends... friends, theres that feeling again.'

———————————————————

Y/N Pov:

'Did...did she just ask me out? No, no she wouldnt' I thought.

"Sure Poki. I would like that very much." I said smiling with a hint of pink on my cheeks.

"Thanks Y/n. Anyway Im going to bed. Im exhausted after cheering so much during your game. Goodnight Y/n." She said as she yawned.

"Goidnight Poki. Sweet dreams." I said and continued to play some COD.

———————————————————

Poki Pov:

I smiled as I turned off my PC and headed towards the shower. As I felt the warm water hit my body I couldnt stop thinking of Y/n and I was glad we were going out this week.

After my shower I crawled my way in my bed and hugged ths nearest body pillow and thought 'Goodnught Y/n.'
I smiled as I drifted of to sleep.

———————————————————

Y/n Pov:

After a couple of rounds of COD. I made my way to the shower and got ready for bed.

As I got into bed I cuddled up to Lucy.

As I drifted off to sleep I couldnt help but think of Imane and how a great person she is.

———————————————————

(Ok cool. Thats chapter 3. Hope you liked it.)

(Im thinking of building my own PC)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 1K 47
Y/n is one of the most important people in E-Sports industry, when presenting a project that will change not only gaming industry but the whole organ...
518K 18.2K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
257K 3.2K 53
You're a lone film maker, now 26 years old. You found success quickly out of college, but due to the pandemic, you lost all momentum and had to move...