This Ain't Normal But I Like...

By jossmstr

Cavin only wanted to be part and be employed in Parkes Group of Companies. When he finally got the chance to... More

This Ain't Normal But I Like You
CM. 1
CM. 2
CM. 3
CM. 4
CM. 5
CM. 6
CM. 7
CM. 8
CM. 9
Final Chapter
Notes

CM. 0

15 0 0
By jossmstr

"Looks like I can guarantee you now you can now find a job and continue your life! I am beyond ecstatic you healed faster than I thought! Wishing you a best life and never seeing you in this premises again, all right? You can go now."

My mind is still floating like it has a balloon on both sides. I washes both of my hands to my face and smile wider.

How could I stop that words from playing and playing inside me? Well, I guess I should not plan it due to I want to savor the truth that I'm finally okay and good now!

"Here's the suit you ordered last week, Mr. Cavin. Would you like to fit it first so there's no trouble after you paid for it?"

I stood up fron where I am. A petite woman came again but now with the one I asked her to get from the back.

She handed me the dark ruby suit I fancied last last week. "No, thank you. I gave you guys the size two times larger than mine. I suppose this would already fit me."

"You look thin now, Mr. Cavin."

"Oh, this?" I chuckled when I pat my chest. "It's because of the medication. But I'll be planning now to take more foods after everything!"

Her set of teeth glistens, "Good to hear that! I wish you well and became better than the last time."

After the conversation, I paid for the suit and went out of the store. It's only myself who got here. My friend, Shone, is busy fixing my papers so I didn't ask him to be with me.

But it's better that I did that! If he knew that I walked out of my room and never took the rest he asked me, he'd surely pin me down in my bed.

Come on, it's not like I escaped from the hospital! I'm already cleared and I've been out in it for almost weeks! I just grabbed my suit!

"Where are we heading now, Sir?"

I fastened my seatbelt first, "Conewall Condominium, Mister. But, can we pass the Parkes Road? I wanted to see something there."

"No problem," he chirped and start the car.

I nod my head and looked outside. I've been hospitalized for almost months and months. If I am right, I entered with no occasions, but in the middle of it, I just knew it's Christmas! And New Year!

That's the only moment I became aware that I was there for so long I forgot what it feels to be human at all.

A sigh escaped my chest.

It is all done now, anyway. Like what my doctor said, that should be my last visit at them, only if I would take care myself.

Hell, I don't want to go back there anymore.

Not because they are pesky or not doing their job but... the days and months I was there, I felt nothing but pain.

No one deserves to be under in so much pain. Even though we are capable of hurting again and again, but still, doesn't mean you'd make it a habit.

"We're on Parkes Street, what do you want to do?" driver asked.

I peered outside and I finally saw the familiar road. Albeit there's nothing new to see here, if I am right to what I recall from the last time I was outside, this all looks the same!

Aside from the new faces and man in suits or women running in spite of their skirt flying freely, there's nothing else.

I wish what I really looking here still the same.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see the building I've been dying to see."

The driver glanced at me using the rearview, "What building?"

"The Parkes Group of Companies, Mister. It's the dream company of mine to work with."

I saw him squint his eyes and tap something beside him. Since he's not blabbering and obviously dropped the conversation, I busied myself peeking outside.

My mind kept telling and remining me of the things I forgot what or how to do. Like a broken music player, it keeps playing and playing to the point it's enough to send me nuts.

I never let those penetrate the walls of my brain again.

When I'm about to glance outside due to I can now sense the building I want to look at, the driver handed me a paper.

"What for?"

"Oh, you mentioned you wanted to enter the company of the Parkes? Lucky you! I have a son working there!"

"Really? Good to hear!"

"Yes, I know. And he's asking me to find someone who can help him do works there. I don't know what he's pointing about since it's about business. All I knew was how to drive and run my family."

My heart sank.

"Anyway, check the paper. It contains the number and my son's name. Are you really interested working there? He's somewhat keen to have another one on their department."

His voice became thin after knowing what he did. And he was right! There's a name on it, together with a phone number!

"Wait, is this legit?" My voice kind of dubious.

"Of course it is!" he snickered. "We can stop the car and let you go inside and ask for my son's name if you want?"

"No! No!" I raised my hand in defeat. "I just wanna make sure."

"It is sure and legit, Sir. I'll tell him right away that I found an interesting person working there. Mind you if I inform him?"

"That'd be great and.. a big help." I answered.

I can feel that he wanted to pat me as an answer but he just smiled and focus on driving.

We already passed down the building of the company and I didn't even get the chance to glance at it. But hey!

If this one is true, then I already found a nice reason to wear this suit I bought! Shone will surely be happy!

***

"Wai—wait, calm down. I only hear your saliva splattering on me."

I stopped pacing back and forth and showed him my big smile! "Can you believe it! I didn't even put it up yet it came right on me!"

Shone shoved his arm on his waist and lazily lean on the wall, "Was it legit?"

"Yeah! I rung the number before you went here and told me that they are desperately looking for an extra employee at the company."

I couldn't calm down because everything is real! There's so many trains crossing in my mind but I don't mind them since tomorrow, I can look it up and see if I could be in!

"Okay, okay, calm down now, okay? I've heard enough."

He pushed me to my bed and crossed his arms. "You shouldn't be hyper like this. Your stitch gonna open up!"

"No, it won't!" I defended myself. "And besides, I didn't jump so it's all good."

"But still, don't force yourself do the things you once did. You need to take a rest, not to make another mess."

"I know that."

"Have you taken your medicines yet? Or have you eaten already? You went out, impossible if you didn't eat?"

"The shop I went in took too long so I decided not to eat anything after."

"What did you bought?"

I showed him my suit and like I expected from him, he asked why I bought this one. I just told him the real reason. I saw this one and liked it.

"But perhaps God really planned to make me buy this, because He knew this would come."

"I don't want to burst your bubble but they need to see your medical records,"

"So?"

"You just gotten into wor—"

"I know it already but so what? It's not like I'm disabled now! I'm not! Look! I can stand straight! I can wave my hand! I can touch you our punch you for busting my bubble. All good! What's wrong with this?"

Shone stares at me like he couldn't believe what's coming out of my mouth.

"Cavin.."

Out of nowhere, my eyes start to water. "Is it bad now, Shone? Is it bad now... to go back to what I am before?"

"That's not what I meant but... you just got out in the hospital, if you get the job, how could I remind you all the remaining medicines and to wash your stitch?"

"I appreciate what you did and still doing but... I'm not a kid to be treated like that. Not anymore, remember? I can take care of myself, I made a mistake and learn from it. Isn't that enough?"

If I am correct to my guessing, this is the first time we talk about it before and after I left the hospital. He's not bringing the topic up, probably because it's not right to talk about so did I.

I don't want to talk about it.

I think I would never ever talk about it again.

I'm healing. I'm becoming a better person that what I was befofe. I am trying again. No way I will let another bring that down.

What happened was too much and too consuming, I only wanted now to be happy.

We were engulfed in fraught silence, Shone let go of the pan he's holding and pulled me in. I never knew I was crying until I saw the jacket he's wearing not absorbing my tears.

"I was just being more careful, okay? Don't be mad at me."

I didn't answer. He knew it by then what I wanted to say.

Before going back to the stove, a small spot of my forehead became warm and finally let me go.

***

"See? Wear the suit you bought once you finally got the job, not when you're just checking it out."

Shone's voice became thin as soon as he pulled over in front of the familiar building. I didn't see this yesterday and now, woah, did they constructed a little renovation here? It looks different from the last time I saw it!

"Drink you medicines after you eat later at 12. Hit me up when you're done. I'm gonna check on the company first before going back."

"Thank you. Everything is noted."

I left his car right away. As soon as his car finally drove off, I started my way inside of the building. The entrance is not that strict but I doubt the reception area would be.

My head is kind of spinning so my traipse are slow. This is probably due to the medicines I took earlier. This would be gone later.

"Good Morning. How may I help you?"

A blonde woman welcomed me when I'm in front of the reception area. I smiled upon and put down my ID.

"I'm looking for Mr. Damien Lister? He mentioned yesterday I should see him here. Can you check it up, please?"

"Give me a minute,"

I nod my head and wander my eyes for a while. Albeit I was never been here but the place looks like familiar to me. Everything falls in white and grey color. From the walls, marbled tiles, cushions and even the glass tables are reminiscing of the two colors.

"Oh. He just got up five minutes ago. Do you mind if you call him now just for clarity?" she beamed.

This company is one of the biggest in this country, I never asked or said anything because she might just doing her job. Instead, I did what she asked me.

"Hey, Good Morning. Who is this?" a man answered the call.

"Hey! This is Cavin, remember? From last night?"

There's a fraught silence after saying those, did he forget about me that fast?

With my free palm, I'm fidgeting through the cold stone behind me. If he really did forget it, I'd surely feel mortified for going here.

"Oh! Cavin Dela Monte, right?"

"Yes! Yes! I'm in the lobby, I called you to check if I am still open for the position?"

"Can you put it in speaker?" the woman asked.

I did what she asked again. "Of course! Of course! Bad thing, we didn't meet there together. But talk to Caree in the reception area and mention to her you can follow here in our office."

The woman named Caree nods and type something on the notebook.

"Great! Great! I'd be there five minutes."

I immediately hung the phone up since Caree asked me to sign something. A log book? I don't know.

"Wear this while you're in the building, if you're leaving already, please leave it here right away, okay?"

"Thank you very much."

She trudge her head through the elevator and told me what floor Damien currently is. With another set of thank yous, I am about to trudge away but she asked what I'm carrying.

"Sorry to intervene but for safety only,"

Her face full of redness, probably doesn't used to asking people what they are bringing in the company. I laughed and admitted it's just my medicines.

"Oh! Sorry! Sorry! It's just that... we are making sure of the safety of everyone."

"No problem. All good."

I quickly enter the elevator and watched my reflection through the walls until the door pinged.

I looked at the note she gave and it says the office number 1103, which I found it right immediately.

"Come in," a voice reverberated from inside.

With the cold fob, I twisted it until I'm finally seen by the enployees from inside. "Good morning. What can I help you?"

"Oh, I'm looking for Mr. Damien Liste? He's expecting to see me today."

The brunette woman pointed another door, it's another room in a room. But unlike from this, the walls ain't made from glass.

"Just knock, he'll welcome you right away."

I thanked them first before going inside and knocking again. A familiar tone ringed again until I finally saw the guy I'm talking from last night.

"Mr. Cavin?"

Damien, in astonishing blue suit and red tie, rose from his seat and stood in front of me. "H-hey."

I've been practicing what to say from last night, even Shone kept asking me to shut my gobber due to he's sleeping, but I can't! If this ain't the Parkes', then I wouldn't be like this!

"Have a seat. Have a seat. Good thing you immediately found us."

My body laid on his expensive black single chair. "The woman gave me the office number so I had an easy way."

Damien chuckled and I found myself staring hard at him. Oh, God. Cavin, stop it.

It's not good. You're both men, I said to myself.

I suddenly felt too small because of him. I can attest he's like Shone who has a nice built and wide shoulders. Due to I being hospitalized, I lost too much weight my old shirts feels like a dress now.

This baby blue dress shirt Shone borrowed for me to use lose its worth.

"That's good to hear." he smiles. "Anyway, would you mind having a drink? Food? Starter?"

"No, thank you. I'm still full from the breakfast."

Damien chuckled nervously, or is it just me. "By the way, thank you for picking the call up last night? I didn't know you would."

"We are really in need for another employee here, Mr. Cav—"

"Just Cavin, Mr. Damien. That'd be great."

"Oh, okay, Cavin." he chuckled. "Like what I'm saying, we need an additional person in here. It's been two months I think since we start looking? But up till yesterday nothing came to apply."

Wait. Months? Two? How come? This is almost one of the jobs students dying to be part of! How come?

"Perhaps there's a reason why Papa had you as his passenger yesterday. Did he forced you? I wish he didn't."

"Of course not. I mentioned to him that being in here was my dream and he offered me your number. Yeah. Probably fate."

Damien grabs some paper on his desk. I immediately fished out mine and gave it to him. "Almost forgot. That's my resumé."

"Woah. Wow. Thanks." only he said.

My heart jumped when he put it right awat, stacked it with another pile of paper. He wouldn't read or check it first?

I'm starting to fret about what I did. Did I gave him a bad impression? But I never did any scenes from coming here! Or my clothes are not right? Damn! I should've never listen to Shone!

I should've wore that suit!

"I don't want this scene to be evermore, would you like the job, Cavin?"

I'm in the middle of my crisis by thinking the possible reasons why he didn't my resumé when.. "H-ha?"

Damien put both of his elbow on and touched his lips using both of his arm. Goddamn.

"We're really desperate to complete the number of employess in this department. That's why I'm asking you if you already needed this job. I didn't read you resumé because I believe you won't do anything bad in here, am I right?"

"Of course n-not!" I murmured. "Oh. No. I meant, you're right! I'm not a bad person. Neither do I have any criminal records!"

Damien bursts out laughing at me. Wow.

"You're funny. First time in here."

My brow shut up.

He rose again and went behind me. I can feel my hairs from behind my neck rose when he leans closer beside my ear.

"Can you start today? We can meet the CEO right away and inform him that you're employed."

"R-really?"

Our eyes met. God. I didn't know.. I didn't see his eyes are ocean blue. Different to what I saw from his father yesterday..

"Yup! Would or can you? We can appoint a schedule now! I can introduce you now to the people around, fancy it?"

I'm not hallucinating or assuming but lips are so close to my earlobe one wrong move from him or to mine, he'll surely put warmth over there.

Damn it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 183 16
when Kevin agreed to move out to the middle of no were to head a new branch of his father's accounting firm , he did not volunteer to go out of the g...
81 2 8
It's safe to say that I think Gabriel taking a break from romance for a while. *** This book is based on true events. Names have been changed to ke...
135 0 22
He is the badass of the bad all the girls fall for him wanting him but he holds a secret deep inside. Only him and his close friend know as he is inv...
13K 468 22
He was just looking for someone good at their job. Making sure he didn't lose everything he had busted his ass to build. What he wasn't expecting was...