broken beyond repair

Da passion1208

Emma Lopez, looks like a typical 16-year-old girl. Except, her problems aren't the typical 16-year-olds prob... Altro

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17

11

24.5K 492 421
Da passion1208

My patience was running low, especially considering how tired I was.

"WHAT" I snapped, slowly opening my eyes.

Standing in front of me was someone I did not expect to be in my room at 1:00 am.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Emma POV*

"E-enzo?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's me."

"What are you doing in my room at 1 in the MORNING??" My brows furrowed in confusion. I did not take lightly to being woken up.

"Uh, I-I-I just wanted to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Are you," he started, "okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" Once again, I was confused. I blame 1 am brain.

"Well, I couldn't help but notice that you didn't really care about the bruise that Antonio gave you."

"Enzo," I started, my voice dangerously low, "It is 1 in the freaking morning, and you're asking me if I'm okay?? This couldn't have waited till tomorrow?" I ended with a heavy sigh.

"Fine, you caught me." He said, "the real reason I came into your room was that I had a nightmare, and I figured that you would be awake."

For the third time that night, or should I say morning, I was confused.

"Nightmares? What nightmares?" I asked Enzo.

"Um, well I-" He started, clearly not knowing what to say.

"Hey, you know you don't have to tell me, right?"

He nodded his head and sat at the foot of my bed.

"Well, now that you're here," I continued, "take this and leave. I don't need your stinky butt in my room."

I handed him a sleeping pill and a glass of water from my bedside table.

He almost looked confused about why I had sleeping pills, but he shrugged it off and gladly accepted the offerings.

"Thanks, Emma" And with those words, he exited the room, giving me a slight smile as he left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma POV (5 days later)

That night had happened a couple of days ago, and neither Enzo nor I had acknowledged it.

It was probably better that way, to be honest.

The days after that night were boring and repetitive until Alessandro told me some news.

(flashback or whatevs)

"Emma?"

I turned around, pausing Grey's Anatomy on the iconic Addison Montgomery Shepherd.

"Um, yeah?" I said, slightly confused.

"May I speak to you in my office?"

I shrugged my shoulders and followed him to his office.

"What do you need me for?" I questioned.

"Well, you've been here for almost a week," he stated, "And it's about time that you start school."

Honestly, I was glad to be starting school. Staying at home all day, everyday was boring.

"Uh, okey-dokey," I said.

He raised an eyebrow and my word choice before continuing,

"And by now, you know the basic rules. Above an 80 in all classes, if you need help, ask, and if you get above a 90 in all classes, you get a gift or treat of sorts. You will be attending Willow Rose, and while there is not a dress code, please do not look sloppy."

Well, shiver me timbers and call me ready for school because now I wanted that gift. Darn me and my greediness.

"Oh, and one more thing," he said while handing me a piece of cardstock, "here is your course card, just choose which course you would like and give that back to me as soon as possible." [a/n this is just what my school does, everyone is different]

I nodded my head and exited the study, excitement brimming in me. Unlike most people, I actually liked school.

It was an escape from reality and an escape from Gabriel. I used school as an excuse to get out of beatings multiple times.

I looked down at the piece of cardstock and the multiple possibilities of the classes I could take.

I knew that I wanted to become a pathologist and help find cures or vaccines for diseases, but I wasn't sure what classes to take for that.

I decided to take what I wanted and then go over it with Luca since I was sure that he had atleast one braincell. 

I plopped down at the kitchen counter and started working on my courses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(time skip bbys)

I gazed down at my almost full course card.

I had chosen most of my courses except for my PE credit. I didn't know how I would cover my bruises, so I just left it blank.

"Luca," I yelled.

What happened next sounded like a stampede.

Instead of the one brother I needed at the moment, all of them, sans Alessandro, came down from their rooms.

"You called?" Antonio asked.

"For Luca," I said, emphasizing his name, "Not all of y'all."

"Oh well, we're here," he said while smirking, "now what do you need."

I rolled my eyes but gave up, knowing that I would be fighting a losing battle.

"Well," I said slowly, suddenly being self-conscious for some reason,

¨Alessandro gave me my course card, so I was gonna ask Luca if I was taking the right courses. 

¨Well, you have me here now, Tesoro, let me see.¨He grabbed my course card and read over it.

With every subject he went down, his eyes just got wider and wider till he stopped at the end.

¨Holy shit¨ he cursed, ¨how many classes are you taking?"

My card was passed around, and my other brothers had similar reactions. All except Enzo, whom I guessed already had an inkling of how smart I was.

Oh, that was another thing that I hadn't told them. I was a bit of a science and history whiz, and while i didn't necessarily like math, i wasn't bad at it.

Finally, I got my card back and looked down at it, confused.

All I was taking was Advanced English 2, Advanced Pre Calc, AP Biology, Advanced Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, AP World History, Health Science, and I ultimately decided on Outdoor Education for PE.

[a/n: these are my 10th-grade courses lol. Health science and anatomy and physiology is part of the medical track that the school offers.]

The confusion must have shown on my face since Luca spoke up.

"Yeah, you're taking all the right courses, tereso, but damn, you must be smart."

I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing how to respond. Like, what are you supposed to say when someone calls you smart? Thanks, sounds too stuck up but denying it makes you seem more stuck up.

I shooed the boys out of the kitchen, grabbed my course card, and headed back to Alessandro's office.

(first day of school, people, the thing you've all been waiting for)

I woke up the next morning, surprisingly refreshed.

I did my business and glammed up a bit before throwing on the outfit I had prepared the night before.

[her outfit, ripped jeans are allowed at my school]

I forced myself to eat some breakfast, but seeing that it was 7:45 in the morning, I wasn't that hungry.

"Hello?" I yelled into the house.

I got no reply and figured that my brothers had already left.

Oh well, time to walk to school.

I pulled out my old, cracked iPhone 6, and started google maps. My eyes widened when I saw how far the school was from our neighborhood.

It was an hour walk?

Well, shit, If i didn't leave quickly, I was gonna be late.

I quietly opened the door and slipped out, leaving the gated property.

I had been walking for about 15 minutes when a Black Mercedes E350 rolled up next to me.

I continued walking faster, hoping that I wasn't about to get kidnapped.

"Emma, where are you doing?" They yelled at me.

I relaxed when I realized it was Antonio.

"Uh, school?" I said, confused.

He rolled his eyes before saying, "get in; you'll be late."

I shrugged my shoulders before getting into the back of the car.

"Oh, hi, Enzo."

He gave me a smile in return before turning back to face the front in the passenger's seat.

"You know you're in trouble, right?" said Antonio.

I furrowed my brows and said, "Why am I in trouble?"

"Well, you just walked out of the house," he said, clenching the steering wheel, "and then you didn't even tell anyone where you were going."

"But I wa-"

He cut me off, "Look, no matter what you say, you're still going to be in trouble. Just be normal at school, and then Alessandro will deal with you."

(okey-dokey they're at school now)

Antonio pulled into the school's parking lot, tires screeching.

No one seemed to bat an eye at this, and I deemed this normal behavior for him.

Whatever, I was just finally glad to be out of that car, with Antonio and his so-called driving.

The dude drives like it's a GTA game.

I huffed and walked inside the building, ready to get to my first class.

Only for me to realize that I had no idea where it was.

"Ehh, whatever," I grumbled to myself, "I can be a little late to my first class."

I started walking, staring down at my phone.

That was until I walked into a wall.

Literally. 

Hey y'all

So, let's just forget that I disappeared for 3 weeks and move on. Thank you for your patience everyone!

I highkey feel like this chapter is a bit shitty so please stay hanging on.

Love ya, wear your mask, drink your water, and eat your meals.

My dm's are always open!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

51.3K 2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
57.6K 1.1K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
338 11 9
"I broke up with you five months ago. I thought you didn't care about me or whoever I fucked." I reminded him. He has some audacity throwing this in...
11.3K 48 44
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, abuse and will move fast. "Stop rolling your eyes" "Or what?" I put the cigar...