Undeniably Claimed

By KaylaWoods289

Luca Sanford has taken his rightful spot as head of Sanford Drake Inc. With his parents now retired, it's his... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet & Greet
Chapter 2: Lil Man & Mom
Chapter 3: Genius?
Chapter 4: Finding a Gem
Chapter 5: Encounter
Chapter 6: Meeting the Boss
Chapter 7: Deals
Chapter 8: Common Ground
Chapter 9: Talking to Jess
Chapter 10: Commanding the Room
Chapter 11: Mrs. Sanford
Chapter 12: Mr. Sanford
Chapter 13: No Return
Chapter 14: Cassidy
Chapter 15: Dinner
Chapter 16: Truth
Chapter 17: It's Time
Chapter 18: Job to Do
Chapter 19: Struggling
Chapter 20: Wine and Drama
Chapter 21: Time
Chapter 23: Touches and Kisses
Chapter 24: Heat
Chapter 25: Claim
Chapter 26: Morning Delight
Chapter 27: Being Prepared
Chapter 28: Strength
Chapter 29: Day 1
Chapter 30: Good News
Chapter 31: Ours
Chapter 32: Lean on Me
Chapter 33: Godmother Cami
Chapter 34: Reactions
Chapter 35: Downside
Chapter 36: Tic Toc
Chapter 37: Discovery & Acceptance
Chapter 38: Dynamic Duo
Chapter 39: Getting Released
Chapter 40: Good Morning Indeed
Bonus Chapter: Brad & Jessica
Chapter 41: Restraints
Chapter 42: Full of Surprises
Chapter 43: Confrontation
Chapter 44: Darren
Chapter 45: Girls Night
Chapter 46: Ravishing
Chapter 47: Connection
Chapter 48: Job Offer
Chapter 49: Yi Peng
Chapter 50: Hornish
Chapter 51:Surprise Visit
Chapter 52: She is My Girl
Chapter 53: Sealing the Deal
Chapter 54:Giving the News
Chapter 55: The Family
Chapter 56: Reactions and Letters
Chapter 57: Fate
Chapter 58: Best "Man"
Chapter 59: It is Time
Chapter 60: Resolution
Chapter 61: Just the Beginning
Epilogue

Chapter 22: Glimpse

39.9K 1.6K 100
By KaylaWoods289

Darkness. I felt enraptured by it. It was not terrifying as I had predicted. My hand came out to move around in the endless abyss. My body neither cold nor warm. I felt as if I was afloat. A small beacon of light coming from a distant spot before getting larger and larger. My hand comes up to guard my eyes shielding it from the brightness. After a moment, I chance looking through my hands to find a small child. She appears to be the source of light. My head tilts slightly and the little girl mimics me with a giggle. 

"Wha-what are you? Where am I?"

She grins holding out a hand to me. I take it without hesitation. Her warmth seeping into my body. She turns and practically flies away. My body jerks keeping up with her. Almost instantaneously we are standing at a door. The little girl turns opening the door before walking into what appears to be a child's room. It has soft cream walls with a pastel pink duvet on the twin bunk bed. A tea table standing in the room with a tea set already put in place. 

Without realizing it the little girl tugs her hand into the room directing her over to a chair in the room. I try to situate myself into the chair while the little girl bring her tea pot over to the cup in front of me tipping it as if she was pouring my cup then she does her own. She then goes over to sit down in the chair opposite of her before bringing the cup to her lips. Without thinking, I match her actions taking a good look at the little girl. 

The little girl has long red soft curls that flow down her back. An align of freckles dancing across her cheek bones and some bluish gray eyes. She was a beautiful little girl that could not be more than 5 years old. The little girl sits down the tea cup and tilts her head at me. I set my cup down looking to her as well. 

"Where are your parents sweetie?"

She grins up at me, "they're close."

My brows furrowing in confusion but she gets up getting a brush from a nearby vanity before climbing onto my lap facing away from me. She hands me the brush and I began gently running it through her hair. She hums while I do so to a tune that sounds so familiar but I can't seem to remember from where. After a few minutes I place the brush onto the table as she gets off my lap walking over to her mirror to inspect my work. She gives one decisive nod before turning back to me. 

"Do you like me?"

Her question takes me by surprise but I answer from instinct. "Of course cupcake."

The little girl smiles adorably reaching for a necklace clutching it in her hand still looking to me. "My mom loves that nickname."

I smile at her not sure what to say. She turns walking over to me before taking my hand and directing me to the bottom bunk before gently nudging me to sit down. Her feet padding over to a book shelf before coming back with a book in hand. She climbs up on the bed sitting beside me before handing it to me. I began reading it out loud to her. Her little frame lays against my arm before I lift it allowing her to lay in the security of my hold. After some time the little girl falls asleep. Laying the book to the side, I lift her laying her below the blanket and tucking her in. My lips come to grace her forehead giving her a kiss. 

Standing up, I walk back to the door opening it but I am brought to a view of what looks like a hospital room. My view is from above as if look into it. I recognize myself lying on the bed and sitting by my side is Luca. His hand holding my firmly in his own. His eyes showing how broken he feels currently and the image causes my chest to constrict. I come down so I am standing beside the bed reaching over my own body to graze his hair but I can't touch him. 

"You better listen to me Tesoro. I need you to know that you mean everything to me... and I can't- I can not lose you... Do you hear me?" I watched feeling helpless as he struggled. "You are not allowed to give in. You are not allowed to give up because I am a selfish bastard that wants to keep you all to myself. I am so desperately falling for you Sophia Andrews. I love the way you make me feel, the way you light up a room without even trying. You are my light, and without it.. I fear the darkness will swallow me whole."

"I'-I'm he-here"

His electric blue eyes snap up to find mine. My body feeling like lead but I refuse to give in to the darkness again. He is quick to lunge out of the chair he was occupying before I feel his lips kissing my forehead followed by my lips. The touch lighting my heart on fire. After a moment he pulls back pressing his forehead to mine. My eyes close on their own accord. 

"You can not leave me tesoro, I don't give you permission."

I laugh but the weight of my body still feels unbearable. His lips find mine once more before he pulls back to look at my eyes. I use all the strength I have to move a few inches tugging him to lay with me. He eyes looking hesitant but one glance into my tired eyes and he relents. His body moving slowly trying to be conscious of my own body. It takes a moment before he is curled to my side with my head lying on his chest near his neck. My heart still racing at his confession. 

"I'm falling for you too Luca... I don't want to go anywhere."

His lips find my head again making me sigh in content. The moment is blissful between the pair. Hearing the sound of the door opening, I open my eyes to find my sister and Taylor at the door. Both with glossy eyes and wobbly smiles as they come closer. Jessica is quick to come to my other side embracing me as much as she can as her body shakes with sobs. I lift my arm shakily trying to hold her. 

"I'm here Jess"

Jessica releases a very loud wail as she clings to me like I may disappear. The tightness in my chest reminding me how much this woman means to me. How much her daughter, Luca, Taylor and Brad mean to me. I can't leave them and I am certainly not ready to leave Luca. I look up to find Taylor holding my legs through the blanket on the bed. I give her a reassuring smile. She returns her beautiful smile with tears rolling down her cheeks. 

"No tears Taylor"

She shakes her head dropping it forward to hide her face from me. I feel my strength practically dissolve once again making the darkness call out to me. My heavy eyes begin turning to Luca. His gaze already locked on me. He cups my cheek rubbing it soothingly. 

"It's alright Tesoro... rest. I'm not going anywhere."

The next time I wake up it is due to the sunlight seeping through the shades of the hospital room. I blink several times trying to release the sleep from my vision. Once I finally gather my bearings I look around. Sleeping soundly against is my own space heater. I turn my head only enough to see him still securely tucked to me. My lips turning up at his peaceful expression as my fingers graze through those beautiful dark locks. He in return just shuffles pressing more into me. A soft giggle escaping me in the process. 

The door shuffle opens and a nurse walks in. She jumps slightly but I am quick to signal for her to be quiet. She nods her head in understanding coming over to check my monitor before stepping close to me. 

"You have a few visitors but I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone yet?"

I nod my head to her signaling that is fine. She smiles and walks out leaving the door open. A moment later I hear several foot steps coming towards the door. Slowly faces begin appearing but not the ones I was expecting. My eyes go wide meeting some other blue eyed beauties. Cassidy, Luca's younger sister, and Mrs. Sanford, Luca's mother come walking in. Both their eyes going down to the grown man still curled into me as they grin. I look down and can't help my own smile at him as I continue to brush my fingers through his hair. 

They both take the couch near the window sitting next to each other but I then see that Mrs. Sanford has a basket in her hand. My brows furrowing as I look at it. She brings it over sitting it down on the table near my feet. 

"It's a care package sweetie."

"How did you..." My voice trailing off not sure how they knew I was here. 

She gives me a gentle smile as if understanding. "Ms. Wood informed Mark that my son wasn't at the office who then called my husband leading to me."

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't you dare apologize for this. It is not your fault."

"But he-" I say looking down to Luca who is still oblivious to his surroundings.

"He would not want to be anywhere else. My husband can handle a few days back. Hell- He probably will love every minute of it."

I give her a small smile in return as she walks over to sit back down by Cassidy. The blonde beauty stands up placing a bag next to the bed. "Mine is some clothes and toiletries since I wasn't sure what all you may need."

"Thank you Cassidy"

She nods going to sit by her mom. The elder Sanford embracing her daughter. The resemblance between the pair is uncanny. "How do you feel sweetie?"

"Better" I nod in confirmation since my muscles feel a lot better today than yesterday. "What time is it?"

"Bout 11 or so" Cassidy answers as I nod. Hearing a snort, I look to see her eyes still gazing at my hand that is on her brother. I go to retreat it. 

"Please don't stop." His voice was heavily laced with sleep so I shook my head smiling as I continued running my fingers through it. He didn't bother opening his eyes as he began speaking. "Morning mom, morning sis."

"Morning lil man" His mother says full of amusement. I look to her to find her eyes full of love as she looks to her grown son holding onto me. 

Knock Knock

My gaze goes to the door to find a familiar beautiful princess coming in to view followed by my sister. I smile widely at them as my little niece begins gurgling while being bounced. 

"Aww, now who is this?"

Mrs. Sanford gets up walking over to my sister who gracefully hands her to the woman. My sister comes over to kiss my forehead. "Morning sis"

"Morning Jess" I say back gently as she pulls back taking a seat in the chair next to the bed. "Mrs. Sanford, this is my niece, Destiny."

"Beautiful name but please.. just call me Heather."

I nod my head as my gaze remains on my niece. Cassidy leans over to look to her as well. The little beauty begins to whimper not used to the new faces. Luca awakens getting up to walk over to his mother holding out his arms to take Destiny. I am not the only one shocked by his sudden movement but she quiets as she settles in his brace. He bounces her gently while coming back to settle next to me on the bed. I look down at her with a gentle smile. 

"Did you see that mom?" Cassidy whispers rather loudly making me and Jessica laugh along with Mrs. Sanford, I mean Heather. 

"She likes me," Luca says confidently looking down at the dark hair before leaning forward to kiss her forehead tenderly. The view melting my heart. I am not the only one as his mother and Cassidy awe quietly at him. 

They continue visiting for sometime before the doctor comes in to check on me. Everyone exits except for Luca who refuses to leave me out of his sight. I told the doctor it was fine as he did his inspection. Heather and Cassidy say they are going to take off with the promise of us having a lunch date in the near future. Jessica and Destiny leave when she started getting to fussy. Once the doctor finishes he pulls up a roll chair before sighing loudly. 

"It seems we have much to discuss Ms. Andrews."

"I agree sir."

"I am aware from your charts that you have battled this before. I need to know, you ready to beat this bitch?"

I laugh surprised at his bluntness but loving it all the same. I nod my head turning to Luca. His blue eyes looking deep into my own. 

"I have too much to live for."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 45 25
"You are nothing without me. I gave you the life you have. No one will ever love you but me because only I could love someone like you, someone that...
475K 7.5K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
730K 25.3K 39
*Updated version of this story with bonus material can be found here https://my.w.tt/YCDj4fqkc9 * Welcome to Rough Riders! We can guarantee you that...
33.8K 1.3K 72
Sophia has always been the quiet one. She does what her absent father wants, keeps her head down in class and tries not to stand out, but it seems li...