immortal 《number five》

By avery_in_wonderland

"I thought 'Carter' was a boys name." "And I thought 'five' was a number." "That's fair." ~~~~ { Number five... More

INFORMATION
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
A/N (not important)
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN

ONE

1.5K 32 2
By avery_in_wonderland

.

I'm running from something. I don't know what I'm running from, I just know it's bad.

Trees pass me as I run full speed through the forest. I can see the Salvatore boarding house in the distance.

Just a little further and I'll be safe. I'm so close.

I look back over my shoulder. It's getting closer. I can hear it running behind me.

I trip. Over a log. 'This is what I get for not paying attention.' I think to myself. Sitting on my knees, I look behind me again.

It's getting closer. "Shit." I curse under my breath. Getting up, I try to run again. But something grabs my leg, causing me to fall.

Quickly rolling onto my back, facing my attacker. Her face, I've seen that face before. She raises her hand and that's when I notice the white oak stake.

I bolt up in bed. I'm sweating so much my hair is sticking to my face. "It was just a dream, Carter. Mom wont hurt you." I remind myself.

'Not for long, she wont.' A voice says in my head.

Determined not to listen to it, I shake my thoughts away and pull back the covers. Getting up and walking to the shower, I strip off my clothes, and hop into the freezing cold water. I hum to a random song while washing my body, getting rid of the sweat.

After I'm done in the shower I put on a hoodie and sweatpants, than check the time. "7:00? Elijah should be up. I'll go down stairs." I whisper to myself.

I jump down the stairs two at a time. When I entered the dining room, I saw all 4 of my siblings eating breakfast. I sit down in my designated spot at the table in between Kol and Elijah.

"Good morning!" I say to them. In return I get a chorus of 'good mornings' and 'hellos'. "So I had a dream last night. About mom." I pause. "She killed me. Just outside the Salvatore boarding house."

They all gave me strange looks. "And you're telling us this, why?" Nik asks.

Looking around for mom, I see she's not near so I answer his question. "I don't trust mom. I think she's hiding something, and I don't want to be here to find out." I take a deep breath before continuing. "I don't feel safe in mystic falls anymore."

"So you're just going to leave?" Rebekah asks. Seeing me nod for an answer, she goes on. "Where are you planning to go?"

"New York. I have a friend there I can stay with. And I'm leaving right after the ball. I won't be there when you wake up." I state. I grab my empty plate and walk out of the dining room, leaving my shocked siblings behind.

ΔΔΔ

For the ball i dressed in a navy blue dress. I curled my hair and left it down. Than I had a pair of simple white heels.

When I got down stairs, the party was already started.

I walk up to Kol and loop my arm around his. "You look lovely, sister." He comments.

"As do you, Kol. I'm truly going to miss you while I'm gone." I state matter-of-factly.

"Come. Theres someone I'd like to meet." He says with a nod. Than he takes my to the mayor and Damon. "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson. And this is my sister Carter."

"We hope your lovely town embraces us, just as much as we plan to embrace it." I tell her.

Than Damon introduces himself sticking his hand out for me to shake, which I don't. "Damon Salvatore." He pauses before speaking again. "Have we met?"

"I've met a lot of people, and you don't particularly stand out." I tell him bluntly. All the while, holding an innocent smile on my face. Than me and Kol walk away. "I'm going to the bar. I'll talk to you later." I say slipping out of his grip, kissing him on the cheek, than walking over to the bar.

When I get to my destination, I grab a glass of champagne and down it. Than I hear Elijah tell everyone to gather around, so I walk up the stairs.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, when ever my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance." Elijah says. He pauses, which is signal for me to continue.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could find yourself a partner, please join us in the ballroom." I say before walking down the stairs into the ballroom with my siblings.

"Join me for a dance?" I hear a voice behind me. Turning around, I see Elijah with his hand out for me to take.

"I would love to." I say with a smile.

As 'give me love' by ed sheeran starts playing, everyone starts dancing. "I wish you weren't leaving. I'll miss you." Elijah tells me after a moment of silence.

"I know, Elijah. But like I said, I don't feel safe here. Besides, I think it's for the best." I tell him. I knew it would hurt them, after we all just got back together, but I know it's for the best. "You know I love you, right?"

"I know, little sister. And I love you." He says, before passing me onto another person.

"What a surprise. Damon Salvatore." I say, looking at the person I turned to.

"Carter Mikaelson." He says as we dance together.

"You're in a mood. Did little Elena make Damon sad." I say in a baby voice, mocking him. Just as I say that the song ends.

"Oh look at that. The song ended." Damon states the obvious.

After a few minutes of standing by the bar drinking, mother finally calls everyone for a toast. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy... Than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers."

"Cheers." I mutter, raising my champagne glass. Than I drink the red-ish pink champagne, while looking around at my siblings. I walk outside and sit down on the step, with my thoughts.

I think about what will happen when I'm gone. I think about what my siblings are feeling about me leaving. I think about how much I'm going to miss my family.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Kols body hitting the ground. Shortly after, Damon dropped down and started beating the shit out of my brother. He than snapped his neck.

"Damon!" Stefan yells, while running outside. Than a whole group of people follow behind him, including my siblings. "What are you? crazy?"

"Maybe a little." He congresses. "Far be it for me to cause a problem." This he says straight to Elena.

As he goes to walk off, I vamp-speed right in front of him. I look into his eyes before grabbing his head and kneeing him in the nose. Than I snap his neck, letting his body fall on the ground. "That was for my brother." I say, before spitting on his dead body.

ΔΔΔ

After the whole ordeal outside, the ball ended. Which gave me the perfect time to pack my stuff and leave. I know its not right to leave my family without saying goodbye, but I had to. It would just make me want to stay, and I know I can't do that.

In my main bag I packed my undergarments, a few t-shirts, some pairs of pants, and lastly a couple of hoodies. In a smaller bag I put my toiletries in it (tooth brush, tooth paste, hair brush, deodorant, perfume).

Before I leave, I change into gray sweatpants, a cropped white t-shirt, and a pair of converse shoes.

Using my vamp-speed to get out of the house - to avoid talking to anyone - and with one last look at it, I speed away. once I'm out of mystic falls, I make a call.

"Hello?" says the person on the other end of the phone.

"Hey. I know its late. I was wondering if you could do a favour for me." I ask.

"Anything for a friend. What is it, Carter?"

"I was wondering if I could bunk with you for a while. My family is kind of chaotic right now."

"Sure! You can come anytime you need. I'll text you the address."

"Oh my god. Thank you so much Klaus. I owe you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...
85K 1.9K 18
❝ 𝐐𝐮é 𝐬𝐞𝐫á, 𝐬𝐞𝐫á.❞ ೃ⁀➷ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑 ꜰ. ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ [Editing] 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑...
327K 10.4K 54
𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐂 | ❝pleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.❞ - in which eight hargreeves starts to go crazy after losi...
5.3K 75 22
After narrowly escaping the apocalypse in 2019, the Hargreeves siblings find themselves in the year of 1963. They just so happen to arrive the week P...