Tainted hands

By Gracejenniferanne

Angelina is a strong-willed and closed off girl although she has grown up in a strong family. Because of the... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 27

5.8K 209 86
By Gracejenniferanne

A/N: Im back!!

So sorry for the long overdue update I have been very busy lately but here it is and I hope you like it! xx Also please leave a vote and a comment! I love hearing from you guys.

xx

The tension was thicker than ever, my brothers and father even mamma looked tense with Jace here in the room with us. But Jace... he was just as clueless as ever. 

Well, that was what it looked like. 

Every glare pointed at him he gave the biggest chirpiest smile back. It almost made me want to laugh that my family's attempts were failing miserably

"I have to say Brea that this dinner is incredible." Fathers hands tightened further around his fork as he gave my friend the deadliest stare down.

"Well, you're quite welcome! I am sure your mother cooks marvellously! I have to admit that my cooking skills are quite in the average category."

 The room fell quiet as I saw Jace's bright eyes dim down making my own heart pull as I felt completely hopeless. 

"My mother is dead." The words felt like venom in my own ears. I knew his mother was a hard topic for Jace and I could tell my family could see the pain as they all shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm so sorry." Jace raised his hand cutting mamma off along with a masked smile. "It is quite alright; it was a long time ago."

But it is something he will never forget, never move past from, never heal....

Because It was his fault...

Papa's cough broke the silence, and I was surprisingly thankful for Papas continued interrogation. "so, you met my daughter at school?" I was unable to withhold myself from rolling my eyes. I am almost positive that no one in my family gave Johns new partner rose an interrogation. And Jace isn't even a 'lover" he is a friend.

"yes, your daughter Ange helped me on my first day".

"Did you not have any other friends to help you." Juan gritted.

"possibly but Ange and I created quite a bond. That for me she is a sister and will forever be my sister." The room fell silent as that now Jace has succeeded and my family have lost. There was no more interrogation to be needed now that my family think they know everything need too. It was Jace's last comment was ease my family's mind and somewhat my own.

He is my family.

eternity and always

-----

Although weight has been lifted from me, I still cannot forget him. Everything about him is intoxicating. His eyes, his smile, his smell... his aura. He was like an overpowering sickening drug.

 I have hardly had a taste and yet I still want more.

I want every drop.

Last night was an overall success my family now trust me and Jace's relationship although I know that if we were romantically involved my family wouldn't be as so 'supportive'.

"Oi sis." Diego yawned as laid his head on the kitchen counter. "What bro?" I mocked loudly.

"Can you get me some coffee my head is killing me?" I wrapped my arm around Diego and ruffled his hair. "Aww did someone sneak out and drink wittle too much then he could handle." He shoved me off and playfully growled at me. "shh or mamma will hear." I couldn't help but laugh in his face.

"Aww is my big brother scared of his mummy."

"Get me a coffee too," Juan growled stopping Diego from retorting to my insult. Juan paid no attention as he barged into the room with his usual angry aura. "what? Do I look like a dog?" I retorted. But I instantly knew my own mistake in my words as I saw my identical brother's smirk.

"yes, a chihuahua to precise." Juan taunted quickly knowing quite well how to push my buttons.

"Oh, for fu-."

"Language Angelina your too little for that and can you get me a coffee please too. Here is my card." I hate how my brothers think they can boss me around but on the other hand have I ever missed the opportunity to use my brothers credit card?

Hell Nah!

----

"very well, I was going to be generous and let you stand by my side. But it would seem you would rather let your family's lives hang on a single thread." He smirked before sitting in his own seat. "

I will reoffer the deal if you are successful but if you don't... well." He shook his head chuckling dryly. "you will know you had your chance."

I had my chance.

My senses came back to me as I stepped into the coffee shop it wasn't just what brothers needed for their hangovers, but it was what I needed.

"Hello, can I take your order? I smiled as nicely as I could at the barista lady before spoke. "Yes, please I will take 4 Grande size cappuccinos." She smiled warmly and wrote my order happily.

"Oh, and a chocolate banana muffin please." She smiled and with no trouble finished writing my order. I mentally thanked my brother for the free coffee and muffin feeling giddy that I get a chocolate treat.

"Perfect! That will be 36 dollars and 30 cents." Just as I was pulling John's credit card another fancier black card was pushed into the barista's girls' hands.

"Add an extra-strong black coffee to the order." The deep dark familiar voice ordered the barista impolitely. I chewed the inside of my cheek knowing already who it was I didn't even need to turn around. His aura, his smell, his voice was enough to tell me it was him. The girl ran away quickly probably to get away from him. And honestly, I was half jealous of her. This man was even more annoying than a bloody cockroach.

"You're meant to say thank you now, princess." I hissed under my breath and turned around shoving my finger quite harshly into his hard chest.

"Are you following me?" His lips turned into a sickening smirk.

"I think you know the answer to that princess." I smacked my lips together and glared into his icy blue eyes.

"Shall we take a table and sit down." He more ordered then asked but either way I complied. The barista girl placed the coffees and muffin in front of us and shot me a worried glance Before Blaze dismissed her.

"I guess I should begin and say that you have a certain box of mine, and I would like it back." He said nonchalantly.

"I do?" I asked acting dumbfounded.

"You do." He seethed.

"Hmm, I don't remember having anything that was originally in the possession of you."

"I think you should know something about me, princess. I don't play games, consider this a warning. Next meeting, I will not be as generous." He whispered darkly inching closer.

"Life is full of disappointment I am afraid because I already have 'gave' it away," I admitted and smirked as I saw his jaw tightened.

"Well consider your life done miss Garcia." I scoffed loudly in his face and refrained myself from spitting my coffee in his face.

"Honey you can't kill me, because if you could... you would have already done it." I mocked sinisterly leaning forward.

"I could say the same thing about you." He says darkly inching even closer. I smirked up at him and leaned in so my lips were touching his ear.

"Have you ever asked yourself that maybe I am not trying? Maybe I am just playing a little game in that big fat empty head of yours?" I say.

"You can ask yourself the exact same question."

Again, again and again, each time I see him and his hideous complexion I hate him more and more. If we weren't in public, I am sure I would have plunged my knife deep in his neck by now. Right now, imagining his blood pouring down his ugly snobby suit is the only thing keeping me sane.

"What did you want from me?" I found the confused works leaving my mouth before I could stop myself. "I mean... what does all of this do for you? What do you get out of this?" I stopped myself from asking another question as his eyebrows furrowing continued.

The air around us grew thicker and thicker with anticipation and soon I found his large hand caressing my cheek. My heart swelled as my stomach was filled with large butterfly's. Each time his soothing thumb caressed me seemed to put more under his spell.

"Oh, my princess." His deep voice whispered with so many unsolved emotions. Everything he was doing, everything he was saying was bewitching me... and I couldn't do anything. I could only watch myself from aside while my head is screaming at me for falling for his tricks.

He looked at me with same warmth and confusion as me and yet through all of this there was a light tug of pain in my heart. Because what if all of this was his plan? What if his plan was for me to fall for him? What if this was his way of getting closer to me. they say the best way to your enemy is bringing them closer to you. What if this is his method? Because if it is then I have failed.

I have never failed so massively and badly in my life. Because I have uncontrollably and undeniably fallen for him.

"Princess the things I get out of this... is everything to me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
375K 6.8K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...
295K 11.3K 74
(First Book in The5Inferno Series) Angelina Hughes A tormented girl whose dark past leaves no stone unturned to make her present life a living hell...
173K 4.5K 19
"I was tortured, every day, and no one helped me." She whispered meekly. "We would've done something‐." She cut him off, slowly looking up, avoiding...