Poisonous Love. [EDITING]

By melaninwritess

BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent... More

disclaimer
cast
i got my acc back
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-three
character q & a
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
character q & a answered
forty-seven
forty-eight*
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one*
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
announcement!
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
im so sorry:(
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
Reader Predictions
seventy-three*
seventy-four
epilouge 1/3
epilouge 2/3
epilouge 3/3
until next time <3
Spin-off

forty-two

3.4K 155 122
By melaninwritess

aaliyah

"you want corn on your plate?"
he asked looking back at me.

i shook my head as i rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"i'm not hungry."
i said simply.

i leaned my head away from the table i was sitting at as i coughed into my arm.

he looked back at me.
"you good baby?"
my dad asked.

i nodded as i yawned before another cough came out,this time it was deeper.

my dad hummed.
"you're sick,you're getting a cold,go lay down."
he said firmly.

i shook my head as i tucked my arms into my shirt.
"i'm good,i'm just a little tired."

he shook his head as he stepped away from the pot,wiping his hands with a towel.

"listen to me,you need to rest.go lay down,we'll see if you get better for school tomorrow."

i nodded as i got up from the chair and slowly walked up the steps.
"and put on some socks!"

i coughed again,shaking my head as i grabbed sweats and a shirt to sleep in before walking to the shower.

-

aaron

"have you been seeing someone aaron?"
my mom asked as i finished my pancake,handing my plate to martha.

i shook my head.
"for the last time no,i am single.i don't know how many times i need to say this."

i got up from my seat,drinking my water as i grabbed my backpack.

"aaron,i'm not playing around.who have you been sneaking around with? you're never home,you never talk-"

"nobody,damn!"
i yelled looked back at her.

"aaron,calm down.honey,maybe he's just spending some time with friends,it's not a crime.say sorry to your mother."
my dad said from his seat at the counter.

i sighed asking my head.
"i'm sorry,you're just all up on me and you're instigating me like i'm doing something wrong!"

"you're not.she's just worried that all."
he explained.

i smacked my lips.
"whatever."
i put my bad on my shoulder,walking towards the garage door.

"aaron,if i find out that you've been running around some fast ass girl,especially aaliyah-"

"ok,you know what i'm not doing this."
i interrupted her as i opened the door.

"aaron!"
he yelled as i turned around.
"what?"

"if you see aaliyah,can you ask her if she's doing ok?"
he said eating his eggs.

i stood by the door confused.
"what do you mean? you didn't see her yesterday?"

he shook his looking up from his plate.
"she was supposed to come into work yesterday but i didn't see her.we tried contacting her too but it went straight to voicemail."

my heart dropped as i let out an "ok" before rushing to my car,heading them arguing inside as i pulled out the garage.

i connected my phone to my car,before dialing Aaliyah's number and waiting for it to pick up.

ring.

ring.

ring.

"hey,it's aaliyah,if you're hearing this,it's probably because i'm ignoring you,call again later."
the line beeped.

"liyah,baby please answer,where you at?call me back."
i hung up the line as i continued to make the short drive to school.

once i got there,i stepped out of my car,speed walking into school,just as junior caught up with me.

"hey aaron,so look i was thinking—what's up?"
he asked as he walked with me.

i shook my head slowing down my pace,trying to calm down as i stopped at my locker.

"i haven't heard from aaliyah since yesterday.have you seen her?"
i raise my eyebrows getting out my first book.

he shook his head as he looked around at the other students,rushing through the hallways,trying to get to class.

"i haven't talked to her since that day at the shop,i can ask Anthony if you want?"

i nodded letting him know that that would be good as i said bye to him while closing my locker.

i walked to my first class,sitting in my seat,trying my hardest to clear my mind,and focus on the lesson in front of me.

-

the day is almost finished and i still haven't seen or spoken to aaliyah,and i'm still slightly worried.

did i do something wrong?

is she upset?

even after junior asked Anthony where she was,nobody had conjured up an answer.

i was also half expecting to to show up in last period,having some excuse like she forgot to charge her phone or something.

at the end of the day,all four of us were standing by my locker,hallways empty,and still completely clueless.

"none of y'all have called or heard from James?"
destiny asked,chewing her nails nervously.

everybody shook their heads looking around.

i shrugged.
"does anybody even have his number?"

they all shook their heads as we stood in the middle of the hallway,concerned.

"what about miles,where is he?"
i ask.
destiny stepped up.

"i haven't heard from him all day either."
she let out.

finally an idea came to mind.
"ok,let's all just meet up at aaliyah's house,see if anything or anybody is there."

they all agreed nodding before we split up leaving the building and getting into our cars.

i drove completely distracted on the way to her house,not being able to focused

what if something happened?

i didn't even wanna imagine what would happen if something was going wrong at her house.

i just had to trust that everything was ok and that all would be well.

once we all met up at the house,we noticed that James' car was sitting in the driveway,completely untouched.

-

narrator

James had just stepped into the house from the grocery store,after being out for almost the whole day,he was worn out.

he loved his kids,but when it came to stuff like this,it was hard being a single parent.

he had to call and let all of his workers know that he wouldn't be coming in today.

and although he was missing some time at work,he knew that his kids safety was most important.

just as he was putting away the groceries and heating up the pot to cook,a few loud knocks came out from his living room.

worried,he turned off the stove before jogging to the door,looking through the peel hole before opening it.

"what's going on? come in."
he asked as he guided the group of concerned kids into his living room,returning the look.

"have you talked to the twins today? we haven't seen them at all?"
his daughters friend asked.

he looked back and forth between the group of kids.
"didn't they tell you—"

he put his head down as he laughed slightly at the kids in front of him.

they kept the worried looks on their faces as they heaved.
"what's funny? are they hurt? is something—"

"no no no."
he laughed at the kids making them go from worried to just completely confused.

"they're fine,i promise."
he smiled.

"they're sick.aaliyah caught a cold earlier and unfortunately miles got it too."

the group of friends sighed relieved,grateful that their friends were ok.

"yeah,i've been out getting stuff to make for them all day.i'm about to make them some soup,you guys can go up and see them if you want,just be careful."

he wiped his hands before returning back to the kitchen to start on the dish.

the kids,relieved,took their shoes off before running up the stairs and knocking on the girls door.

"aaliyah?"
aaron said before slowly pushing the door open as they all walked in.

the group of friends quietly walked into her room trying not to make any noise.

aaliyah was asleep on the bed,hands tucked under her pillow as her tv played lightly in the background,the dog on the end of the bed.

her braids were sprawled all over her pillow as she was drowning in blankets.

her night stand was full of different medications and drinks,and she looked paler,as she breathed through her nose lightly.

"i don't wanna wake her."
junior said leaning into aaron.
"hey,me and Anthony are gonna run to the store real quick after we check on miles,get some stuff to make them feel better,you coming?"
he asked him friend.

aaron shook his head as he looked at his girlfriend.
"no,i'll stay here and wait til she wakes up,here take this and get some stuff,whatever's cool."
he said handing him his card.

the two boys conversed before saying goodbye and leaving to the room next door.

destiny set her bag down in aaliyah s room before taking her jacket off.
"i'm gonna go check on miles,let me know how she does ok."

she placed a light kiss on her best friends head before leaving into the room with the rest of the them.

aaron sat down on the edge of aaliyah's bed,making sure not to wake her as he grabbed her remote turning down the tv.

he lightly massaged her leg as he thought to himself about what was going on at home.

his parents had been arguing,all because of him.

he hadn't been spending much time at home,which caused his mom to be even more upset,which caused his dad to jump in.

he didn't want this to affect his relationship,even though that was what the whole thing was centered around.

he would rather die before he let his relationship get fucked up again he though as he rubbed her leg,watching the tv.

"hey,why'd you turn the tv down?"
he heard before sitting up looking back at the girl behind him.

aaliyah was sat up against her headboard,rubbing her eyes as she yawned.

"you were sleeping.what happened,you haven't called me?"
he asked as he scooted up on the bed closer to her.

she looked around her bed as she raised her eyebrows,finding her phone before putting it on charge.

"i haven't touched my phone since yesterday,my bad.i've been asleep all morning."
she yawned again as she slightly shivered,burring herself back under the cover.

"here."
aaron sat up more on the bed before removing his champion hoodie and handing it to her,which she gladly took.leaving him in a white tee.

aaliyah slipped the hoodie over her black tank top before pulling the hood on top of her head,engulfing herself in his scent.

he chuckled at her as she did the same before her smile faded,making her slide down back into her bed.
"my head hurts so bad."
she whined.

he felt so bad for her.

aaliyah was never sick,never.

she was always up and moving in some way shape or form,but today,she could barely get out of bed to use the bathroom.

aaron hummed at her as he crawled up the bed more,pulling the covers over himself as well before wrap his arms around aaliyah.

she rested her head on his chest,feeling a few tears fall from her eyes.

she felt the migraine getting worse as she tried her hardest to relax.

"i know,but don't cry.what you wanna watch?"
he said before grabbing the remote.

she shrugged and he did the same as he typed in some random movie on netflix before getting more comfortable.

they sat in silence as he lightly massaged the braids on her scalp,being careful because he knew they were still sore.

(a/n: 😉)

aaliyah slowly drifted off to sleep before a knock came from the door,making aaron tell her to stay down as he got up and opened it.

aaliyah massaged the dogs head as he cuddled into her before jumping off and finding a spot to sleep on the floor.

aaron soon came back with a bowl on a plate,a bottle of water and two pills.

"hey,what did you end up naming the puppy? any ideas"
he said as he sat back down on the bed.

she sat up against the headboard rubbing her eyes at she glanced at him from across the room.
"yeah,Rocco."

he nodded,in love with the name she decided to name the small puppy.

although it did not fit him as of now,considering he barely weighed ten pounds,he knew soon that the name would be very fitting for the large breed dog.

she cleared his throat.
"your dad said you need to eat,and take this after."
he put his hand up with the pills in it before placing them on her table.

he let her sit up as he handed her the soup allowing her to eat the warm food.

she hummed,satisfied with the soup,continuing to eat it slowly,making sure she didn't spill it.

"you ok?"
she asked looking up at aaron as he rubbed his face.

he nodded.
"yeah,my parents are just arguing again."
he explained.

"about? us?"
she asked taking another spoonful of her soup.

he nodded disappointedly as she did the same.

"what are we gonna do about it-"

"we're not gonna do anything,especially not you."
he clarified.

"that's their problem,not ours.you just worry about getting better,yeah? i need my girlfriend back."
he told her as she finished her soup,feeling slightly better already.

just as she was finishing up,the door opened,revealing junior and Anthony,holding tons of bears and balloons.

Aaliyah laughed,before they slowly but surely turned into bad coughs,making aaron take the bowl from her and hand her the medication.

"we didn't know what to get,so we just grabbed all of it,sorry."
junior explained.

they both sat down the balloons and bears,most of them saying get well soon.

"i just have a cold,i'm not fighting cancer-"

they both shushed her.
"don't ruin it."
Anthony told her her as he left the room.

junior handed aaron his card before saying his goodbyes and turning out the lights,disappearing out the room.

aaron leaned back into aaliyah as she did the same,getting comfortable while watching the movie.

"i don't want you to get sick-"

he shushed her again.
"shut up."
he smiled making them both giggle.

aaron left light pecks here and there on her neck,making her slowly drift off into a deep sleep,him gradually do the same,a nap taking over both of them.

-

i didn't edit this but ty so much for 2k READS THATS CRAZY💕💞💞

the love is astronomical.

vote and comment,i'll see y'all tomorrow.

i also did get a lot of new viewers today,and i just wanted to let y'all know that late updates are not new.

i do school during the day so i always either update early in the day or late at night.

also i wanna give love to a few of my favorite supporters,that have shown a lot of love since the beginning and very recently.

ty sm💕💕

MARIxxxDOLAN
kutehilary37
poppyface5
ellomates242
laaatrese
Bonjour46

ty sm and goodnight everybody💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 765 13
Recommended for readers 18+ DARK ROMANCE- SHORT STORY Book 1-Her Unknown Fate Book 1.5- Her Loyalty Book 2-Her Legacy Book 3-Their Empire ‼️MATURE CO...
19.7K 830 36
-------Winter 2017------ Cover by Ellipticall*** Evelyn Williams just wants to be a lawyer. She doesn't know what "kind" yet - but she will be a la...
66.3K 7.2K 65
ATTENTION: YOU MUST READ FRESHMEN YEAR FIRST! Freshly new nineteen year old, Shai Carter, is back with even more madness. Entering his sophomore year...
155K 6.1K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...