SPACES | 𝘯. 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯 (book...

By csstories-

"oh, the spaces between us, hold all our secrets, leaving us speechless, and i don't know why. who's gonna be... More

intro
Chapter 101: So Long.
Chapter 102: Cross Your Mind.
Chapter 103: Make It With You.
Chapter 104: Lover.
Chapter 105: Fire Away.
Chapter 106: Never Be.
Chapter 107: Rewrite The Stars.
Chapter 108: Come Wake Me Up.
Chapter 109: Isn't She Lovely.
Chapter 110: My Wish.
Chapter 111: Here Comes Forever.
Chapter 112: God Gave Me You.
Chapter 113: What Hurts The Most.
Chapter 114: Today.
Chapter 115: Growing Up.
Chapter 116: Change Your Ticket.
Chapter 117: Song For No One.
Chapter 118: Fearless.
Chapter 119: Easy Love.
Chapter 120: Mr. Brightside.
Chapter 121: Somebody Else.
Chapter 122: Repeating Days.
Chapter 124: Infinity.
Chapter 125: Two Ghosts.
Chapter 126: July.
Chapter 127: Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart.
Chapter 128: Every Rose Has Its Thorn.
Chapter 129: The Weight.
Chapter 130: You Broke Me First.
Chapter 131: Someone You Loved.
Chapter 132: Traitor.
Chapter 133: Heavy.
Chapter 134: Need You Now.
Chapter 135: Empty Space.
Chapter 136: Before You Go.
Chapter 137: Paper Houses.
Chapter 138: Ghost of You.
Chapter 139: Unsaid Emily.
Epilogue
For Via.
Time.
It Ends With Us.

Chapter 123: Defenceless.

791 19 35
By csstories-

[We're sleepin' on our problems like we'll solve them in our dreams
We wake up early morning and they're still under the sheets
I'm lost in my head, I'm spinnin' again
Tryna find what to say to you]

      The day before the album is released, I woke up to, once again, an empty bed. I let out a shaky sigh and went over to the bathroom. My eyes were puffy and red while the tears were dry around them. I turned on the water, rinsing my face and looking back up at myself. I looked a mess. I felt the lump in my throat begin to grow again. I ignored it, brushing my teeth quickly and putting my hair up in a ponytail. 

      I went to Via's room, finding her still fast asleep. Last night, she was quite cranky, crying every few hours. Whenever I woke up, Niall was still asleep, not caring that his daughter was begging for either his or my attention. I closed her door again, going downstairs and going to the kitchen. I picked up the white piece of paper on the counter, rolling my eyes as I found Niall's handwriting. "Stace and I went to the beach. Don't know when we'll be back. Boys are coming over tonight, so make something good. Niall." I read. I placed the note back down, a little too harshly while my hands curled into tight fists, making my knuckles turn white.

      Don't cry, Emily. Don't cry. I continued to repeat it in my head. When I calmed down, I let out a breath and tossed the paper into the trash. I went to the cabinet and grabbed a mug for my coffee. The fact that Niall didn't care to even take Via to the beach with them is what pissed me off even more. I never cared for the beach, but it would've been Via's first time and yet, he didn't even take that into consideration. 

      I started making the dinner for tonight at around six. Via was in her rocker watching Monsters Inc. I popped a Cheez-It into my mouth before I opened the oven again and placed the lasagna in the oven. Since the most of us weren't vegans and Harry was, this lasagna was vegan but tasted like it wasn't just so that all of us could eat the same thing. It was a recipe I found online and I've been wanting to try it, so I did and the first time I tried it, it was really good, so I decided to make it. 

      When Niall and Stacey came home a little later, I was in the living room with Via as I played with her and she grabbed my finger tightly, smiling at my actions. "Oh, hey Emily!" Stacey greeted, walking in. 

      "Hi." I replied with a small smile and continued to look back at Via. "Uh, how was the beach?" 

      "It was great! We spent all day there and ate at a restaurant near by." She said with a large smile. "Anyway, I'm gonna go shower."

      I cleared my throat awkwardly and continued to play with Via, making faces at her as she smiled and kicked her feet in contentment. "What are you making for tonight?" Niall asked, coming out of the kitchen. 

      Hi, to you too. "Lasagna." I answered. 

      Niall groaned, "Again?!" 

      I looked back at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "What do you mean 'again'?" I asked him, keeping my voice low for the sake of Via.

      "You just made that the other day!" 

      "No, I didn't." 

      "Yes, you did, Emily. Do you not know how to make anything else? Jesus..."

      I contained my anger, what he said wasn't true, I hadn't made anything in about the past week that Stacey has been here, seeing that they always went out to eat. I never felt the need to make anything since they were always full by the time they got home. As he continued to pester me about making something different, I snapped, wishing that I hadn't in front of Via, but in order to get him to stop, now was the only time I would do it. "Shut up already, Niall!" I snapped. "I'm trying here! I'm trying to be a nice person and trying to be understanding, but when you get angry with me for the tiniest things, it's really hard to not crack. Now save your other insults about not being a good mother or girlfriend because I do not want to fight in front of Olivia. Got it?!"

      He looked at me with anger in his eyes while I looked at him the same way. I was the first to look away and look back at Via who looked up at me with curious eyes. I took her out of her rocker and carried her out of the living room and to her nursery so I can get her ready.

      I got her ready and went back downstairs. I took the rocker to the table next to where I'd be sitting and sat her in there without tying her, knowing that whenever the boys got here, she'd be with them. I went to the lasagna and brought it to the table. I set the table and the front door was opened. "Emily! I'm here! You're best friend is here!" I heard Louis call. 

      I giggled quietly, "Which one?" 

      Louis came in with a little gift bag and set his hands at his sides. "Ha ha. Very funny." He said, rolling his eyes. Lou hugged me tightly, and going to the rocker where Via was chewing her hand. "Hi, there, love." He greeted softly. "I brought you something," He pulled a white stuffed bunny out of the bag that wore a simple bowtie and a stitched smile. He shook it lightly while giving it to Via, who grabbed it tightly and hugged it against her. Lou smiled, picking her up and smiling at me. "I think she likes it." 

      I laughed, hearing the door open again and an ecstatic looking Harry who was popping his head into almost every available area. When he found me, he came up to me, hugging the life out of me. "I missed you, Em!" He spoke, hugging me tighter.

      "Aw, I missed you too, Haz." I smiled. 

      "So, where's the lad?" Lou asked, looking back at me while still holding Via. 

      I shrugged, going back to fixing the table. "I'm not sure, upstairs I think." I sighed, recalling the argument we had just before.  

      "Uh oh, what happened?" Harry asked, noticing my off state talking about Niall.

      "He was just being an asshole, is all." I said, going to the kitchen again. Liam and Zayn arrived at the same time just as Niall came down with Stacey trailing behind him.

      "She's still here?" Lou whispered to me.

      I nodded with a small sigh. "Yeah."

      Harry gasped as he saw the lasagna placed on the table. "Is this the lasagna that I love?" He asked excitedly. 

      I nodded, "Sure is." 

      As we ate, the boys noticed how Niall and Stacey talked amongst themselves the entire time. "That's weird. He usually only talks to you when we're eating." Zayn whispered quietly so they wouldn't hear. 

      I nodded, picking at the food. "I know." I took Via from Liam, who held her after Louis, and fed her the bottle while eating myself. I sipped on my water, keeping my view on Via. 

      "Em, why don't you stay with me tonight. Yeah? I have a spare room that you and Via can stay in." Louis offered, swallowing his own food. 

      I looked up at him, shocked at his offer. "Oh, no Louis. It's alright."

      "I'm serious, Em." He says, looking at me while putting a fork full of the lasagna. I sighed, looking down at Via. 

      I nodded, "Alright." I said softly. When the boys began leaving, Louis came with me upstairs to help pack while Harry and Liam watched Via. "And then her-" 

      "Where the hell are ya going?" Niall snapped, causing both Louis and I to turn back at him. I felt fear bubble in me, seeing that he's been drinking tonight and who knew what he'd do since he was angry.

      "None of your business, Niall." Louis told him, picking up the burping rag I was pointing at. 

      "It is my business, actually. It's my daughter and Emily, so I have the right to know what the hell is happening." 

      "I'm staying with him tonight." I told him. "You're obviously angry with me for no reason and I don't want Via around you while you're drinking, not like you're ever around her anyway." I narrowed my eyes at him. Niall began to stomp towards me, causing Louis to step in front of me and place his hands in front of him.

      "What is going on with you, lad? You're a damn new person now. Were you seriously about to hit Emily?" Louis asked him, shocked with Niall's new behavior. I was too.

      "Of course not." Niall dismissed, still keeping his eyes set on me. 

      "Then what were you going to do?" Niall looked at Louis, his eyes throwing daggers. "Em, pack for more than one night." Louis instructed.

      "You have no right to-"

      "I have a daughter that shouldn't be in danger, Niall. If you're going to be like this, you're putting my daughter in danger. Now suck it up and go sober yourself." I glared, grabbing more clothes for Via before going to the bedroom and grabbing more for me. 

      As Louis drove to his place, I stared out the window, occasionally looking back at Via's car seat. "You know what I think, I think that that bitch is some witch that has him under a spell or something." 

      I laughed, Louis always knew what to do when I was down, and he never failed to make me feel better. "I think that might be true." I chuckled. 

      "Listen, don't worry about Niall, alright? I'm sure something is just up his ass or something. He'll get over it."

      "And if he doesn't?"

      He smirked, "Then you have four other lads who will a hundred percent help you out with Via." 

------

[Defencless - Louis Tomlinson]

------

A/N:

all i have to say is:

i wanna go to hogwarts

k bye

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...
151K 2.2K 54
"when i first saw you from across the room, i could tell that you were curious. girl, i hope you're sure, what you're looking for 'cause i'm not good...
1.3M 29.5K 100
How you gonna say that? Take it all back. Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack. - When Jasey Foster agrees to join her father, owner of Fos...
178K 4.3K 40
The fact that 1D is on their hiatus doesn't mean that they don't contact each other anymore. In fact, they were just about to have a guys night when...