✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

002. Parental Guidance

13.1K 477 704
By demetersdoom

Part One / Chapter Two

It was a week before Venus was to arrive at Hogwarts for her fifth year.

Tonks had slipped Venus a note that morning, saying that she had Order duties. It was fantastical hearing about a secret society dedicated to Voldemort's downfall. Andromeda would explode if she found it her daughter was involved. That evening, Andromeda threw the door to Venus' bedroom open and stood there, like she'd just been struck by lightning. Venus just stared at her. Scared and confused. Andromeda held a letter in her hand, the Hogwarts imprint shown through the strips of the envelope.

"Is that the supply list? They came later then they usually do," said Venus, walking over to grab the letter from her Aunt. Andromeda swing her hand away from Venus and clutched it against her chest, like it was her baby. "Okay, you're acting odd."

"Venus, honey. Don't be angry but when your letter arrived, it accidentally opened and the parchment accidentally slipped out but," continued Andromeda, taking the letter and pulling it out of the envelope. Venus' eyes nearly shot out from the sockets when she saw it. A Prefects Badge. Venus was made Prefect for Gryffindor. This was something Venus had longed for since she was in first year. "Honey. . . You made Prefect!"

Her and Aunt Andromeda burst out screaming, Ted bolted up the stairs, his wand at ready. The two continued to scream until Ted pulled Andromeda away from Venus. She had to owl Constance, her best friend. Really her only friend. Venus usually bored people with her observations from classes or her reading, but Constance, on the other hand, was fascinated at Venus' words, the way she explained things and how much passion she put into her work. This most likely attracted Constance toward Venus because Constance was exactly the opposite. She dreaded doing her own schoolwork, hearing someone else do it was much more calming, and much less nerve racking.

Venus kept her quill in her book, and turned toward her desk but her book wasn't there. Her heart dropped. She looked on her bed, in her dresser, in her closet, on and inside her nightstands, on her windowsill. She tore through her bedroom, but her book didn't turn up. That was her favorite muggle book, with her favorite quill and the only photo she had of her mother. She needed to find it.

And the last place she had it was at 12 Grimmauld Place.

Venus wanted to punch herself in the face. She was in such a hurry to leave that she left the most important thing behind. She stood up and walked slowly toward the fireplace, looking around to make sure Uncle Ted and Aunt Andromeda weren't around. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and said her destination. She appeared in the fireplace again, only she was met by multiple wands poking at her face. Two redheaded adults, and Mad-Eye Moody cornered her in the fireplace.

"Bloody hell!" Venus shrieked, shoving their wands away from her. The group stepped away from her, revealing Sirius standing behind them, looking intently at his daughter. "I left my book. I just came to get it back, I won't bother you, anymore than I already have."

Everyone in the room was taken aback by the girls snarky comment. None of them knew who she was. Most of them. Remus stepped in front of her, shielding her from the adult's wrath. Sirius just watched, a glass of wine half drunken in his palm. He didn't flinch at everyone's sudden attack on Venus. He shook his glass a little and took another sip. Remus escorted Venus from the room, all of the adults still eyeing her with suspicion. She smiled up at Remus. He didn't see but Venus didn't care. The man was the only one there who was nice to her. The only one who actually made an effort to talk to her, besides her cousin.

"Thank you," Venus said. The girl looked up at Remus and back down, fiddling with the rings on her fingers. Without thinking, she wrapped her arms around Remus' waist and took shelter in his chest. It was a hug that Venus longed for, from a father. She was well aware that Remus wasn't her father but he acted more like it than Sirius did. "Sorry. I just really needed a hug right now, sorry."

"No worries," chuckled Remus.

Venus mustered up a small grin, until a figure appeared behind Remus. It was Harry. Crap. How long had he been standing there? Venus felt her cheeks flush in embarrassment. She'd been caught hugging her previous Professor at the house of her deadbeat father, during a meeting to take Voldemort down. Now that Venus was thinking about it in her head, it sounded a lot more comical than she'd imagined.

Venus left in a lurch, leaving Harry and Remus downstairs in the hallway by themselves. She opened the door to the bedroom and the white feather to her quill flowed aimlessly through the air. The device stuck between her book that laid on the bed. She grabbed it and her eyes looked at the nightstand. The note she'd left was gone, meaning either Sirius took it or burnt it into ash. She blinked and turned toward the door. But someone was already standing there, it was Hermione Granger. Why is Hermione Granger in her father's house? She'd fathomed that she was here with Harry, and in the company of their other best friend, Ronald Weasley.

"Oh. Hi. Hermione," said Venus. Hermione bore a confused look on her face, as well did Venus. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question, but it's clear that neither of us wants to share the answer," she said. As always. Hermione was correct. "Erm, Can I ask you a question, Venus?" She nodded. "In your letter, did you—um— did you—"

"Did I get a Prefect badge?" Venus interrupted. "Yes, I did."

"Oh, well, that's great! You really deserve it," said Hermione. Venus could hear the strain in her voice, she wasn't happy for Venus in the slightest. She wasn't mad, she'd be acting the same way. She just nodded her head aimlessly, hoping she didn't look like a bobble head.

"Thanks. Sorry you didn't... get it," Venus trailed off. It was getting awkward, the two girls just stood on the bedroom together. Looking at either their hands or the floor. "I should probably. . ."

"Yeah—" Hermione interfered, glad that Venus had broken the silence. "We can go down together. So, are you planning on taking N.E.W.T. classes next year?"

"One hundred percent," answered Venus. The two girls laughed as they reached the bottom of the stairs. The two girls had always been at each others necks, school wise, but they're never actually spoken outside of classes. It was nice. Hermione was nice.

"Ron also made Prefect as well. Shocking I know," said Hermione. Venus was indeed stunned, she didn't believe Ronald Weasley made Prefect. The boy who slept during class, never on time, barely passing classes with a two hundred percent. "They're celebrating for him actually, let me introduce you!"

Before Venus could reject Hermione's offer, she was being dragged into the Dining Room. Where a banister hung from the ceiling reading 'Congratulations Ronald!' and a cake centering the dining table. Hermione's fingernails dug into Venus' shoulders, she felt like she was being set up. But Hermione was just trying to be cordial with the girl.

"Hey guys! Venus got Prefect as well!" Hermione cheered. Everyone stared at the two girls, Venus wanted to sink into the floor. She felt everyone's eyes piercing through her, like she was an imposter. Tonks eyes lit up at the news and she began applauding, slowly everyone else began clapping. Not as fast and cheerful as Tonks' but Venus didn't really care for anyone else in the room.

Sirius looked up from his wine glass and smirked into the cup. Venus felt her heart skip a beat. Was her father proud of her? He didn't have to say anything, his words poured through his face. He continued sipping on his wine, until he noticed a photograph on the ground. Venus was too preoccupied introducing herself to everyone else in the room. Even the adults that nearly killed her earlier.

Venus looked back at Sirius who was observing the photograph he'd found on the ground. She opened her book and searched through the pages. The picture of her Mum was gone and in the hands of a drunk Sirius Black. Now, Venus was now forced to talk to him. She respectfully parted from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and walked toward Sirius, his eyes didn't leave the photograph.

"You look just like her," he finally spoke. He flipped the photograph around, it was photo of her Mum, in a flower garden holding onto her pregnant belly. Just months before she died. "You have her skin, you have her eyes, you have her hair. Merlin, maybe you guys are even the same height." Sirius shot up from his chair and walked closer to Venus. No one around them was paying attention, they were too busy congratulating Ron on making prefect and nabbing at the cake on the table, Mrs. Weasley swatting their hands away.

"You take from her. You do, Venus, you really do. You took more from her than you excepted, even her life," said Sirius coldly, placing his empty wine glass on the dining table. "I can't look at you, without seeing her. I can't talk to you without hearing her, I can't be near you without feeling her. You— you took her from me! You killed her!"

Sirius' yells stopped the party that was happening behind them. Everyone watched quietly. Some of the adults reaching for their wands at the words killed and took. Venus hadn't said anything. She just looked down at her book and quill. She reached down to Sirius' hand and snatched the photo. Sirius opened his mouth to continue scolding Venus, but she interrupted.

"You're wrong. I didn't kill her, I didn't ask for her to die for me. Much less, being born. You were the one that decided to keep me, you let her give birth, you didn't try and stop it," Venus said to her father. She was normally a quiet one, she never spoke up, she never interjected a conversation, much less talked back when someone was yelling at her. She herself was taken aback by her sudden confrontational behavior. But this was different. This was about her Mum. "So, Sirius, if we're really looking at the big picture here. You killed her. You killed your wife, and you killed my Mum—"

Venus felt a sharp sting on her left cheek, her head was shoved to side at the impact. The slap echoed throughout the dining room. She left out a small gasp, slowly caressing her reddened cheek. Mrs. Weasley began berating Sirius, he said nothing. He looked down at his hand that was reddened from the impact on Venus' cheek. A metallic taste took over the flavor of mint toothpaste in Venus' mouth, blood trickled down her mouth splattering her shirt, she didn't realize how hard he'd hit her until the stinging came back.

"You should go, Sirius," said Hermione, blocking Venus from his view.

"I agree. Before I take my wand and stick it someplace that isn't quite comfortable for most men," Tonks growled, her hair was now a blazing orange. Now everyone was staring at Sirius. All he did was grab a spare wine bottle and leave the room. The Weasley woman beside Venus consoled her quietly, talking to her in a hushed voice.

"Who the bloody hell is this girl?" asked one of the twins nudging at his brother, his attempted whisper failing, as Venus heard what he had asked. Venus looked up, tucking the photo into a page in her book.

"I'm not shocked that he never mentioned me," said Venus, stomping to the fireplace and taking a fistful of Floo Powder in this hands.

"I'm his daughter."And with those parting words, Venus fled back home with a heavy heart and a bloody lip.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

【 AUTHORS NOTE! :

Sirius, that wasn't very cash money of you. 🤨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 1.1K 15
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
16.1K 1.3K 30
❛𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐢 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮❜ 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦...
946 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
134K 3.2K 138
⚠️READ AT OWN RISK, THIS WAS ERITTEN WHEN I WAS 14 😭⚠️ NIGHTMARE || ❝ - I've gotta recognise the weapon in my mind - ❞ 【 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥...