ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡

β—‡54β—‡

4.6K 167 149
By yoongicorn_93

🥀 Chapter 54 🥀

BLYKE GRABBED THE lid of his laptop and closed it, heaving a sigh while he was at it. He flopped over on his chair, completely out of it. It wasn't strange for him to spend his free period researching in the school library nowadays. What the hell is wrong with me? I can't believe I'm actually researching potential targets... He wanted to get stronger, but was this really the way? So many things could go wrong. He could get seriously injured or even lose his life trying to be a superhero.

While he was lost in his conflicting thoughts, someone tapped his shoulder.

"Huh—?"

Blyke turned around and saw no one there. Is someone trying to prank me? His eye twitched, and he turned back forward in annoyance.

"Peek-a-boo!"

"Gah-!!"

The redhead fell over his chair due to his excessive flinch. Y/N stood over him with a cheeky peace sign and shit-eating grin. "Did I get ya?"

Holding his racing heart, he replied out of breath, "Don't do that Y/N! I almost got a heart attack.."

"My bad." She laughed, pulling up a chair right next to him. "What're you doing? You seemed pretty focused a bit ago."

"I'm just researching potential—" He slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Potential what now?" She bat her eyes innocently.

If it's Y/N, it should be fine right..?

Gulping, he continued, "Potential targets. I'm trying to train myself.." Hesitantly, he opened up his laptop and gestured. "This guy's name is Lance." Lance was a 38-year old man with a reported ability level of 3.2. His ability was called "Tremor."He was last seen in Newside and wanted for vandalism and destruction of public property.

"You plan to fight him alone?" Y/N creased her eyebrows in worry. "Isn't that too much for a high school student? I'm worried. What if that EMBER association has it out for you?"

"I know it's dangerous.." Blyke clenched his fist tightly. "..But I want to do this." A warm sensation enloped his fingers. It was Y/N's hands.

"I won't let you do this alone. Let me come with you."

Blyke didn't know how to react. The more he interacted with Y/N, the more he lose his composure. "S..sure! Let's meet at the station at Newside at midnight. I'll be there.."

"Agreed. Let's teach that middle aged man a lesson," She fist bumped him. Just then the bell ringed. "We have next class together, right? I have to go check out this book really quickly; it'll only take a few seconds. You go on ahead and I'll catch up with you."

Once Blyke packed up his laptop and left of the library, Y/N stood up and walked to a nearby shelf that was tucked away in the corner where it was barely visible. She hummed casually as if she was just browsing the books before abruptly slamming her right arm down on air, almost like she was choking something.

"La~la-You think I wouldn't notice a little rat trailing me these last few days, would you?"

Terrence gasped for air, clawing at her hands desperately. His invisibility slowly wore off from the suffocation. "K-keuk-!!" The boy was completely caught off guard.

"Whoever you're acting like a dog for, tell them everything they want to know.." Y/N leaned in and whispered closely to his terrified face. "But make sure to tell them that if they ever get in my way.." She tightened her hold, causing blood vessels to nearly pop on his face. "...I'll slowly crush all of you, just like your throat right now."

Terrence was finally released and immediately fell to the floor. His consciousness was half gone and his eyes felt heavy. The pressure on his neck still felt like it was there. Y/N left the struggling Terrence on the floor, and skipped away. He heard her cheerful voice faintly in the distance. "Wait up, Blyke! I'm coming!"

-

Newside was a small town that was home to majorly low-tiers. They administered themselves and it was a mostly peaceful place. That was until one day, a man named Lance moved into the town and caused havoc. He established himself as a superior person and used violence to get his way.

Sounds like a fucking nut job. Y/N mocked, cleaning the bottom of her fingernails. She leaned against a pillar by Newside station, where she was supposed to meet Blyke at. She wore all black, along with a mask and cap as per Blyke's instructions. But doesn't he sound a bit like you Y/N? Her inner self laughed.

Oh, he kinda does? Isn't that funny? She snickered to herself. The author started to question her sanity.

Not really, your sense of humor is pretty dry.

I'll kill you if you don't shut up. Y/N thought, aggravated.

Wouldn't that be like killing yourself? Go ahead and try.

Y/N rolled her eyes. Already have.

"Y/N! You got here pretty early." She wrapped up her conversation with herself because Blyke popped out from the exit. It was hard to recognize him at first glance because of his attire and half covered face.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She replied, rubbing the back of her neck. "Let's try to get a better view up there."

They scaled up the wall and stood over the dark town. The view from the roof was perfect for scouting things out. There was suddenly shaking by one building that resembled an earthquake. "That's gotta be him," Blyke informed. Y/N nodded, and they both jumped around until they were right above a group of people.

"Hah, I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier! Migrating to a low-tier district, then taking it over. Who would've thought it would be this easy?!" Lance laughed manically, Disney-villain style. "Best part is that authorities don't give a shit about you! I can literally do whatever I want!" He grabbed the hair of a woman on the floor. "Amora, just listen to me. Call Newside's Administration and tell them to surrender this town to me. Then we won't have to do this anymore."

"I'm going in," Blyke whispered to Y/N. He couldn't stand watching people get beat up anymore. "You stay here. I think I can do this alone."

"Got it."

The woman in his hands, Amora, cried back, "In your dreams, Lance! You better get out of this town! Leave us alone!"

"What're you going to do about—" Lance stopped midway because of a pain that shot his shoulder. It was a red laser beam.

There he goes. Y/N tapped her chin repeatedly in boredom. Will he be fine? Seems like that Lance guy has quite the number of reinforcements hiding around. The H/C haired girl slowly smirked in mischief. ...should I go give them a quick visit...?

"Ugh—" Lance groaned, clutching his shoulder. "Who the hell are you supposed to be?!"

Standing tall and confident, the redhead responded, "No one wants you here. Get your ass out of this town!"

The man scoffed sarcastically. Sounds like a cocky teen. "I see..You're one of those vigilantes, aren't you? Haven't you seen the news? Y'know what happens to people like you?! They die. You'll regret messing with me kid!" He then whistled with an arrogant look on his face. Blyke became alert, unsure of what the whistle was signaling.

However, no one showed up. Where are all those idiots?! What are they doing?! Lance began to panic. He tried whistling again, but there was nothing.

Someone moaned behind the wall. A hand reached out, a bloody man weakly dragging himself out with one arm. Choking on his own blood, he gagged, "R-run..sir....I-it's a...mo..nster—"

Taking advantage of his distraction, Blyke charged forward and shot multiple beams at the man. Lance just barely managed to dodge and released tremors that shook the ground. Shit! He's coming straight for me! I gotta do something quick! On cue he released even stronger tremors that made the concrete crack open.

Blyke grounded his teeth and jumped as high as he could. Jumping around the attack, he cornered Lance and sent a high kick directly into his face. "Augh!" Then the teen stood over him, threatening to blow his face with a beam.

"Fuck!" Holding his bloody nose, he cursed. "W-wait! Nono!! Nonono! Please don't shoot! Look I'm sorry! I o-obviously wasn't being serious! Please don't kill me!

"..I wasn't going to asshole. I was just giving you a taste of your own medicine. But, I'm not letting you go either." He shot at both of his legs, making sure he wouldn't be able to escape. "You've caused a lot of trouble for this town. So I'll leave you here, and let the people decide what to do with you."

Y/N hopped down out of nowhere and dusted off her hands. "That kick was amazing! You looked really cool."

"Oh r-really?" The redhead blushed shyly. "Thanks. I've been working on my fighting skills.."

The author muttered bitterly under her breath, "Not as much as Y/N's been working on her acting skills."

"Let's go back and get some rest. We still have school tomorrow." Y/N helped support his leg and hip that got injured. There was a subtle limp in his wall, but he was overall fine. He found it hard to focus when his arm was draped her shoulder. He could almost hear her small breaths and see every detail of her face. Shaking his head aggressively, he scolded himself.

..Snap out of it Blyke.

•••

"oH yOongicorn wheRE HAVE YOU bEEN?!?!"

.

.

you're in for a treat.

for the last month or so I, yoongicorn, have been working on, YOU'VE GUESSED IT,
A   N E W   F A N F I C T I O N

❗️❗️At EXACTLY 1:00 P.M EST TODAY FEBRUARY 10th, 2021, I will be publishing the first two chapters of a LOOKISM FANFICTION YAY

There will be WEEKLY updates on that fan fiction until I run out of pre-written chapters (I got about 14 of em 👀👀)

*If you're planning on reading it, comment yeet and your favorite emoji on the first line of the note that says "welcome" so I know you came from ephemeral :)

I'LL (hopefully) SEE SOME OF YOU IN AN HOUR IN 40 MINUTES BYE ILY STAY SAFE💞💞⭐️✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 606 26
*Read Second Chance first for story to make sense* Utterly defeated, the Royals return to Wellston, shocked and disunited. The loss took its toll on...
43K 1.3K 38
It's Arlo's birthday... and he has invited everyone in the school to his big party! But it turns out to not be just a simple birthday party. Arlo's c...
54.3K 1.1K 23
It is senior year in the world of unOrdinary, and everything seems to be going well. New relationships are sprouting, and so is jealousy and rumors t...
50K 1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...