His Touch In The Dark | Ongoi...

By Rei-naa

When rising actress Alondra Gonzalez briefly meets successful actor Danilo Antunes she perceives him as very... More

His touch in the dark
c h a p t e r o n e

c h a p t e r t w o

2.4K 123 31
By Rei-naa

~ c h a p t e r  t w o ~
You learn more from failure than from success
~2~
A

londra groaned as the sun rays shone on her face. She gulped as she felt her dry throat. Her head throbbed at the simplest movement she made. Her eyes widened as she stared at her legs, tangled with a stranger's legs.

"What did I do?" She whispered as she stared at her naked body.

Reluctantly she turned to see who was in bed with her and couldn't keep her gasp as she came face to face with Danilo Antunes. Beads of sweat began to trail down her forehead and her heart rate sped up.

"Maybe we did nothing" she mumbled to herself as she glanced at him once again.

She tried to wiggle out of his grip but was pulled back. She hissed as she managed to pick the pillow she was laying on and switched it for her body. He was quick to snuggle with it.

Her eyes widened when she felt an awful throbbing between her thighs. Her eyes widened even more when she noticed her dress lying lazily on the floor, practically torn in half. 

Tears pricked her eyes and she quickly wiped them away. This wasn't the time to have a mental breakdown.

Her eyes sparkled as she noticed Danilo's shirt still intact, a few buttons missing.

She quickly slipped it on, covering her naked body and her senses were quickly overwhelmed with his scent. She resisted the urge to take a huge sniff. He smelt heavenly. 

She glanced at him once more before running off, never to cross parts with him ever again.

Or so she thought.

*

Along with the horrible hangover Danilo was raging. He did not just give his virginity up to some woman. He barely remembered her except for the fact that she was beautiful and she was curvy as well. He remembered her curves, every inch of those full curves as he devoured her. How she shook underneath him. What annoyed him more was that she stole his shirt as well.

"Danilo-" Adele slammed his office door shut making him groan.

"Why so loud Adele?" He groaned as he took another gulp of his water.

"I'm always loud you hungover" she sat in front of him.

He glared at her.

"Don't you have someone to annoy?" He went back to his script.

"I did" she rolled her eyes "but you fired her"

"Adele-" she cut him off.

"You don't understand Dani-" he cut her off.

"She slipped up and caught me on a bad day," he shrugged.

"I'm telling Adwin" she threatened and he shrugged.

"You tell him everything" he rolled his eyes "be my guest"

"You're just jealous" she flashed her wedding ring in front of his face "almost two years going strong"

"No need to remind me," he mumbled "again and again. Adwin already does that for me"

She sighed.

"I'm nervous," she confessed.

"Adele Appiah?" He teased her "Nervous"

"Yes you bastard" she groaned "I'm finally telling mama and papa that I'm married and it turns out I'm five months pregnant".

Adele and Adwin were supposed to get married in a month or two but a trip in Las Vegas went wrong and before they knew it they got married a year and a half earlier. Nobody knew, except Danilo.

"You're knocked up?" His eyes widened.

"Pregnant" she corrected "but yes"

"Damn, five months" he chuckled "that's why you look fat-"

Her eyes widened and she glared at him.

"I look fat?" She questioned.

"Well yes, you're supposed to be" he shrugged making her eyes widened.

"I'm telling Adwin that you called me fat " she mumbled as she huffed a breath.

He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"If the baby looks anything like you I can tell he or she will be stunning" he whispered making her smile and blush.

"Now leave, your face disgusts me" he muttered, making her gasp.

"I'm pregnant" she whined as tears pricked her eyes.

He rolled his eyes as she stormed off, whining and crying. He shook his head and went back to rereading his script, trying to get his one-night-stand out of his head.

*

Adwin chuckled at his friend as his wife dozed off beside him. He wrapped his jacket tighter around her and rubbed her back.

"You finally got with a woman " he chuckled "and here I thought you would stay a nun forever"

He glared at him.

"You're just as annoying as your wife" he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well unfortunately for you we're your only friends" he shrugged.

"It's a shame" Danilo shrugged "You should really get her into bed, work has been stressful"

His eyes darted to her pudgy stomach.

"I hope Edward isn't stressing her too much" he mumbled as he placed a kiss on her fingers.

"Well work hasn't been easy, we're learning to work with the extras a-" Adwin cut him off.

"Adele mentioned something about you firing her friend," he recalled.

Danilo sighed and shrugged.

"She caught me on a bad day" he excused himself.

"Get your emotions checked Danilo" Adwin suggested "You just can't fire someone because you're pissed"

Danilo was about to say something when Adele let out a yawn.

"Get her to bed" Danilo sighed "I'll see you next week?"

"That is if Nathaniel doesn't kill me" he mumbled, referring to Adele's father who surely wouldn't be happy about the fact that they had recklessly gotten married in Las Vegas.

"You have no idea" Danilo
mumbled to himself.

*

Alondra tried to cover her mouth as sobs racked her body. Her hands shook making her drop the stick.

"You're fine" she kept repeating as beads of sweat trailed down her skin.

No, she wasn't fine. She was pregnant. How could she have been this reckless? How was she going to birth a human being? She would have to give it up for adoption- 

"No Alondra" she shook her head as more tears rolled down her cheek "You're horrible"

Sure she wasn't stable but giving up the child like her parents gave her up was the cruelest thing to do.

"I have to tell Danilo-" she cut herself off "He'll hate me."

She placed her hand over her flat stomach and sighed. She needed to book a doctor's appointment but she didn't have that type of money. She was jobless and barely getting by on rent. She had been living off leftovers for two days.

She messed up.

*
( t w o   m o n t h s  l a t e r )

Adwin kept a tight grip on Adele's waist and placed his hand over her baby bump which had grown miraculously over the last two months. He still couldn't get over the fact that in two months hopefully he would be a father.

"What do you want, Addy?" He asked his wife who kept skimming over the menu.

Ever since her pregnancy started she became very picky.

She placed her hand on top of his and he blushed as he felt the cold wedding band on her finger. Finally she could flaunt her ring in public. Yes, his father in law wasn't happy when he found out that they had been married for so long without his consent but he knew Adwin was perfect for his daughter. He wasn't pleased at all when he found out she was pregnant though.

"Ice cream and fries" she groaned as she snuggled into his arms.

"That's not really healthy" he bit his lip.

She glared at him and he sighed.

"Just this once" he placed a short kiss on her lips making her grin.

Soon after they were attended to by a waitress. She was beautiful. Her afro was tied in two buns, her brown eyes held warmth and she kept biting her pink plump lips out of nervousness.

"Hi, are you done ordering?" Her voice was soft like silk, it suited her and her angelic aura.

"Yes-" suddenly Adele pulled away from his hold and her face displayed surprise.

"Alondra" she grinned, making the waitress smile.

"Hi Adele" the waitress's eyes landed on her bump and she smiled even harder.

"Out of my way" she pushed Adwin aside making him pout.

She pulled Alondra into a side hug because her baby bump got in the way.

"I've missed you so much," she grinned.

"I missed you too," Alondra smiled.

"I'm so sorry about Danilo-" Alondra cut her off.

"It's okay" her eyes suddenly got glossy "that was about two months ago"

"He's an ass," she mumbled.

"Anyways" she grabbed Adwin's hand making him groan "this is my husband, Adwin"

"Nice to meet you sir" she smiled.

"I'm not that old, am I?" He chuckled.

"You're very old" Adele poked his cheek "Aren't you forty?"

He rolled his eyes at his wife.

"It's nice to meet you, Alondra but please call me Adwin," he smiled.

"Let's exchange numbers," Adele suggested.

"Oh" her cheeks heated up in embarrassment "I don't have a phone at the moment"

Alondra could remember the day she decided to sell her phone to buy baby products. She wanted to be prepared as possible and was ready to make that sacrifice.

"Oh then I'll come here everyday" she mumbled "I-I missed you so much. I can't apologise enough for Danilo's behaviour" 

"It's ok, really," Alondra shook her head.

"It really isn't Alondra" Adwin smiled sadly "He needs to learn to control his anger"

"I'll uh go get your orders" she mumbled shyly.

Just the thought of someone sticking up for her was foreign.

"Ok" Adele went back to Adwin's arms, ignoring the thoughtful look on his face.

*

Danilo almost growled as Adwin slammed his hands on his table.

"You just love my attention" he rolled his eyes as he noticed Adele waddled into his home office.

"What the hell-" he was cut off by Adele who was slowly waddling her way to him.

She glared at him as Adwin helped her sit down. She moaned in exhaustion.

"I met Alondra" he was clearly angry.

"A-"

"She's working at a cafe and she looks so tired" Adele whined.

"Who?" He was confused.

"The girl you fired" Adwin mumbled "She's so nice"

Danilo rolled his eyes at the couple.

"If I rehire would you leave me alone?" He raised his left eyebrow.

"I don't make any promises" Adele shrugged.

"Her name?" He asked.

"Alondra" he furrowed his eyebrows.

Why did that name sound so familiar to him?

"Last name?" He asked, clearly frustrated.

Adwin turned to his wife with expectancy. She also turned to him.

"Quit looking at me, I don't know her" he rolled his eyes at her.

She smiled at Danilo who kept his eyes emotionless.

"Both of you leave" he sighed.

Adele turned to her husband who was already standing up.

"But-"

"Baby we don't know her last name" he helped her up "I'll ask Pablo to search for her"

"We can ask her tomorrow," she grinned happily.

"You know where she is?" Danilo asked, glaring at the couple who just nodded.

He took a deep breath and counted to three.

"Then why don't you just bring her here" he said, making their eyes widen.

"See you tomorrow Danilo" Adele grinned as she dragged her husband away.

Danilo sighed as he stared at his tablet. 

*

"What do you mean no" Adele's voice went high pitched as she stared at an unimpressed Alondra.

"Exactly what I said" she shrieked "I don't want the job"

"Why not?" Adele argued "The pay is great and this could boost you up in the acting industry. It's your dream, isn't it?"

"Was my dream" she corrected as she wiped the counter furiously.

"Why are you giving up?" Adele sighed.

"I-It's complicated Adele" she sighed "You'll call me a whore"

Adele gasped.

"I would never" she shook her head dramatically making Alondra chuckle.

"Look my shift is about to start" Alondra glanced at the clock "Can we talk later?"

"Yes please" Adele nodded and handed her a card "Please call me if you can"

Alondra sighed, said nothing and nodded.

"I'll see you later" Adele tried to hug her over the counter but quickly stopped when her baby bump got in the way.

*

Adele groaned as her ringtone filled her ears. She shook Adwin awake and he moaned, rubbing his tired eyes.

"What's up?" His eyes travelled to her baby bump "Is baby okay?"

She nodded and motioned for her phone that was charging on the night stand beside him and he picked it up.

"You look tired," he smiled when the phone stopped ringing.

"Who was it?" She turned to her side.

He turned it on and winced when it illuminated his face.

"Alondra" he informed her.

Immediately her eyes opened and she shot up before snatching the phone from him.

She was quick to call her back and her heart leapt out of her chest when she answered it immediately.

"I'm sorry Adele" her voice was softer than usual, almost a whisper.

"Are you okay?" Adele asked, genuinely concerned.

Adwin stared at her in worry.

"Yes" she stopped herself and let out a breathy groan "No actually. I-I'm bleeding and my stomach hurts. I'm scared"

"Where are you bleeding?" Adele climbed out of bed and Adwin followed like a lost puppy.

"I think it's the baby" her voice was shallow.

"Baby?" Adwin stopped "Are you pregnant Alondra?"

"Yes" she nodded.

"It's ok, calm down Alondra" she couldn't process the recent information.

Alondra had been pregnant this whole time?

"Send me your address. Adwin and I are one our way" she explained.

"O-Ok" Alondra's voice was softer "Thank you so much"

"It's alright darling" she comes before ending the call.

Adwin handed her a fuzzy jacket to cover her body and a beanie. He slipped into a warm jacket and grabbed his car keys, his heart racing.

Adele sighed out of relief when Alondra sent her address not long after. Quickly but carefully Adwin drove to the said address.

Adele almost went pale when Alondra took a while to answer the phone.

"We're here" Adele cooed "What's your door number"

"Six" she replied "I'm on the ground floor"

"Alright" she spoke softly "I'm here okay"

Not wanting to leave her she stayed on the phone with her even when they saw her door. 

"T-The door is open" Alondra informed them and they walked in.

Alondra's cheeks heated up when she noticed they looked out of place. Rich people in her tiny apartment.

"Alondra," Adele rushed to her on the floor.

She was wearing a loose pyjama shirt that got to her knees and hugged her stomach a little too much.

"It's freezing," Adwin complained as he took off his jacket and slipped Alondra into it, displaying his black long sleeved turtle neck which he slipped on before leaving.

"I'm okay with the c-cold" she mumbled as she placed her hand over her stomach.

"Shit" Adele cursed as she noticed how soaked up with blood her pyjamas top was "she's miscarrying, this is too much blood to be normal"

Alondra's eyes widened at the news and immediately tears sprung into her eyes.

"Get her into the car" Adele mumbled as she rubbed her own belly for comfort.

Adwin quickly picked her up, ignoring the blood. He was shocked. She was too light. He hurriedly placed her in the car and helped Adele into it as well. 

They chose the nearest hospital and were immediately attended to.

Adele tried to keep her sobs as Adwin tried to comfort her.

"I-I can't imagine what she's going through" she cried.

Adwin said nothing. The thought of losing his child alone made him shudder.

"She has us to help her now," Adwin cooed.

Suddenly his phone started ringing. Adele made a move but he stopped her, making her rest in his arms.

"You're tired" he whispered in her ear, making her hum.

He stroked her hair slowly and she was quick to doze off.

Reluctantly Adwin answered the phone.

"Can we talk later?" Adwin mumbled "We're at the hospital and-"

"At the hospital? Which hospital?" Danilo was worried.

"Ivy's and roses" he sighed.

"Is Addy okay? Fuck" he immediately ended the call making Adwin groan.

Not long after he heard a screaming Danilo.

"Sir-" he cut the nurse off immediately he spotted them.

"She's okay" he sighed then glared at Adwin.

"I was getting to that you dumbass" he rolled his eyes "It's her friend. We think she's miscarrying,"

Danilo's facial expressions held one of pure misery.

"Hello sir" a nurse smiled at her "Are you the patient's relative perhaps?"

"Yes" he was almost hesitant "I'm her brother"

"Her name please"

"Alondra Appiah"

"Yours"

"Adwin Appiah"

"How long do you think she had been bleeding for?"

"I'm not sure. She doesn't live with my wife and I so she called"

"I think it's safe to assume she's not married"

He nodded.

"Alright, I'll get back to you soon"

Danilo stared at him quietly.

"She reminds you of your sister, doesn't she?" Danilo asked.

Adwin said nothing and Danilo immediately got his answer.

Danilo knew nothing about Adwin's dead sister because he didn't like talking about her.

"I'm about to do something fucked up" Adwin sighed "I need her DNA"

Danilo raised his eyebrow at him.

"It'll put my fucking mind to rest" he sighed "I-I"

"I get it," Danilo shrugged.

Half an hour of waiting later they were approached by a doctor. She looked tired and bloody.

"You must be Mr. Appiah, her brother" she then turned to Danilo "and you must be the father"

"No" he shook his head "Just a family friend"

"I assume she and the baby are okay?" Adwin asked hopefully.

"They are fine" she nodded "but tell me Mr. Appiah, is she fed at all?"

He was taken aback by her question.

"I really had no idea she was pregnant" he sighed "I should have paid more attention"

"Not only is she malnourished but she's dehydrated as well and her blood pressure isn't any better" the doctor explained "those children should be dead let's be honest here-"

"Children?" Danilo voiced his thoughts.

"She's having twins" the doctor explained "I expect you to take better care of her. I want her back next month and I expect to see her as healthy as a horse. I'll have my nurse recommended some healthy diets and vitamins for her to be taking"

Adwin nodded and she left. Danilo bit his lip as her words rang in his head.

Those children should be dead-

Both men shared a look of sorrow for the mother who was lucky enough to have had her children saved. Who knows what would have happened if she didn't call.

~~~
I'm soo happy to see that you guys like the book.
Thank you so much for the support.
I really appreciate it.
Thank you sooo much.

<14-01-2021>

*
( e d i t )
Thank you so much for the support. Enjoy the long chapter

08 / 03 / 22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...