I love you, I hate you (Re-wr...

By Dreamerxxx18

Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chas... More

Notice Before You Read
Cast
Synopsis *Edited*
Chapter One *Edited*
Chapter Two *Edited*
Chapter Three *Edited*
Chapter Four *Edited*
Chapter Five *Edited*
Chapter Six *Edited*
Chapter Seven *Edited*
Chapter Eight *Edited*
Chapter Nine *Edited*
Chapter Eleven *Edited*
Chapter Twelve *Edited*
Chapter Thirteen *Edited*
Chapter Fourteen *Edited*
Chapter Fifteen *Edited*
Chapter Sixteen *Edited*
Chapter Seventeen *Edited*
Chapter Eighteen *Edited*
Chapter Nineteen *Edited*
Chapter Twenty *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Two *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Three *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Four *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Five *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Twisted Fates| New Story Preview
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1|Wedding

Chapter Ten *Edited*

4.9K 62 14
By Dreamerxxx18

Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. ~Cinderella

Chapter 10.

"There's a high possibility you're Princess Sophia."

This particular sentence has been playing in my head, causing a mental blockage that makes me incapable of processing it effectively. Its potential truth could lead to a significant shift in my life, with a new and brighter future ahead of me. However, it would also mean that I was deceived for the entirety of my eighteen years by the people I trusted with my life. Unfortunately, I will never be able to find closure since the people who know the truth have vanished.

Ever since Astra came into my life, I noticed she knew more than she let on. While she wasn't forthcoming, I stopped pressing her about it. However, I have an inkling she knows what they're talking about.

"Astra, do you think that what they're saying holds some truth?"

"I cannot confirm nor deny this assumption. Whatever the truth is, you must find it yourself. But I have some advice for you. Keep an open mind about everything. Some things might seem fictitious, but fiction comes from reality."

She retreats. She's still present but won't be answering more of my questions.

Alpha Xavier breaks the silence. "My suspicions began from the moment I met you. You resembled the portrait of the princess when she was older, but there was an uncanny resemblance to the Queen. You share your eye color, hair color, dimpled cheeks, and body anatomy. Your height stems from the King, that, and the nose."

"Honestly," I confess. "This is too hard to believe, like a rags-to-riches story, but I can't wrap my head around me being the protagonist."

"If you want, I have a picture of the Royal couple. You can see for yourself. It's not high resolution, but you'll get the gist of it," Alpha Xavier offers.

"I would love to," I reply, my voice wavering. I cough to disguise my emotions.

As I wait for Alpha Xavier to retrieve the picture, my mind and heart are at war.

My mind wants to analyze the supposed picture from top to bottom, looking for any truth, but my heart doesn't know if it can handle more disappointment.

How many times can someone face betrayal?

Scratch that. There can never be too many betrayals.

Whatever happens, happens.

I'll gather my strength to analyze the picture and use the differences to dispute the argument and call it a day.

But that's easier said than done. It's particularly tough when I get my hands on the picture.

There's a slight resemblance to the man in the picture, presumably the King, but it is arguable. However, that doesn't apply to the woman. She looks like an older version of me, or I look like her younger version. She even has the same smile as I do!

"How come no one uttered a word until now?" I breathe out, my eyes not straying from the picture in my hand.

"That can be for a handful of reasons. The main one would be that not many people have seen them."

"How come?" My eyes dart up to meet his.

"They were always private people, but it intensified when they lost their daughter. They lost their infant daughter and haven't seen her since. One day, the Kingdom was celebrating the birth of their new leader and the next, they were mourning her loss. Most people didn't expect they would even have more children after the last fiasco. After that day, they withdrew back, only appearing where and when they had to."

"And how do you have this picture?"

"They're my godparents," he responds.

The silence that follows is excruciating for me. I don't know how to cover it, and my mind can't think straight with eyes on me. I need time to process and judge the information in the comfort of myself.

"Can I have some time to myself? I need to think things through."

"Take your time," he assures me.

I pick myself up from the chair, and my eyes find Zoey's. Her eyes hold sympathy and understanding.

I doubt she can understand how I truly feel, but I appreciate the effort.

"Can I borrow this? I'll bring it back in one piece," I promise, holding up the picture.

He nods. "If you want, I can arrange a meeting for you to meet them yourself."

I should weigh the pros and cons, but the answer is already in my mind. "I would love that."

"I'll arrange it immediately, and I'll inform you. Take your time with things. I'm here if you have any more questions I can answer."

I send him a thankful smile and retreat to my room, locking myself in for the rest of the night.

************************************************************

The morning light filters into the room, and I haven't slept a wink. There are too many questions that are still unanswered, and the picture in front of me only serves to intensify my confusion. I can't shake the feeling of vulnerability that's been gnawing at me since I first learned the truth.

Suddenly, there is a soft knock on the door, and I hear Zoey's voice calling for me.

"Come in," I reply, without taking my eyes off the photo.

Zoey enters the room with a tray, and I feel a sense of comfort wash over me. My stomach growls at the sight of the toast, and my throat craves the warmth of the chamomile tea.

"Thank you so much for this." I chew on the toast and sip the hot tea, allowing myself to forget for one minute. I take a deep breath and allow myself to forget, even if it's just for a moment.

"Don't mention it," she waves me off.

Zoey patiently waits until I have finished eating. Then she asks, "How do you feel?"

It's a simple question, but I can't seem to answer it.

"I don't know," I say, my voice barely above a whisper. "My mind is blank, and my heart is numb."

Zoey presses, "Are you sad that your 'parents' lied to you? Are you happy you may have healthy parents out there longing for you? What is it that you feel?"

"Both, I guess," I reply. "But mostly, I'm angry. If it's true, then I've spent my entire life in pain, believing that I deserved it. And all the while, there were people out there who were devastated by my loss."

Zoey takes a deep breath and leans forward. "It's not your fault," she says. "You had nothing to do with it. You didn't ask to be hurt. It's not like you were a masochist, feeding off the pain they were causing. You didn't want to be in pain. You were just a child, trying to survive. You need to stop blaming yourself and apport responsibility where it's due."

"I know," I say. "But it's easier said than done."

Zoey sits up straight and looks at me. "Here's an idea. Let's wait and see what happens. Xavier must have already arranged for you to meet the Royals. You can talk to them, find out the truth, and then decide how you feel. It's better than torturing yourself with what-ifs."

I consider her words for a moment, and then I nod. "You're right," I say. "Wait for me. I'll go freshen up and then we can find Alpha Xavier."

I jog to the closet to fetch a new set of clothes and cruise to the bathroom.

"It's Xavier to you." She hollers back, and I can't help but smile.

*************************************************************

"Babe, tell me you have good news for us." Zoey sing-songs, bursting through her mate's office's door without knocking.

"Should we have knocked first?" I whisper in her ear, but Zoey is unfazed.

"Don't worry about it, Ava. I'm used to Zoey and her childish antics."

"You love me for it." Zoey gushes, sitting on the arm of his chair and plopping a kiss on his cheek.

He doesn't respond, but his grin says it all.

He unconditionally loves Zoey and all her flaws.

It's a lucid dream, but I hope I'll find a love like theirs once in my lifetime.

"Did you talk with them? When can she meet the Royals?" Zoey shifts gears and asks.

She's a paradox; one moment fooling around, the next moment getting down to business.

Alpha Xavier nods. "They would like to see us as soon as possible. Today, if better."

"Today?" I freak out. "Isn't it too soon?"

"Remember what we talked about. The sooner the better." Zoey reminds me.

I breathe deeply and compose myself.

"If they want today, today it is."

He nods. "Whenever you're ready, we can go."

"Now," I respond. "I'm ready."

His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Are you sure?"

"Hundred percent."

"Off we go then." He puts on his jacket and gathers his stuff.

"I'm tagging along," Zoey exclaims, linking arms with me.

Let's get this show on the road.

Edited: 06/02/2024

Word Count: 1452

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 55.2K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
1.1K 56 14
Date: 9/12/24 To whom ends up finding this, My Alpha isn't the kindest or most sympathetic wolf... I'm kept in the dark, quite literally. I'm...
789K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
871K 32.5K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...