✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

005. Poison Ivy

9.1K 391 214
By demetersdoom

Part One / Chapter Five

"Girls follow me please, boys follow Ron to your dormitories."

Venus who'd talked most of the way to the Gryffindor common room. Ron only chiming in to make a sarcastic comment or a widely inappropriate joke with the first years. Venus scolded him more than the 11-year olds, they're were touring. "There are seven dormitories for first years. . . over there! Four girls to a room, and you should find your names on the door. Enjoy the rest of your night loves."

The girls voiced sweet farewells together; Venus watched as they, one by one, disappeared into their dormitories. Cordelia stepped out of hers and walked over to Venus, a smile broadening her cheeks.

"Hi," Cordelia said nervously, shifting her weight on both of her feet. "Thank you for everything—" Cordelia motioned toward her bandaged head. "—injury included."

"I hope you haven't forgotten our promise?"

"Beat Malfoy in my third year, any weapon necessary."

"That's my girl," Venus laughed. "My names Venus. Venus Rosario and if you ever needed anything, I'm in Dorm 6."

"Maybe an alibi for where I was during Malfoy's attack?" Venus poked Cordelia for her comment, chuckling a few mere minutes after Cordelia had retreated back into her dormitory.

The boys in first year were nowhere in sight. Venus only hoped they were safely in their beds. Constance should be back from the Great Hall by now— Venus thought. She threw off the excess garments from her robes along with her Prefect badge.

"V-Venus?" The high-strung call came from Harry Potter. "Can I talk to you?"

Venus did not want to speak with him. There was a reason she avoided him since the train ride. Did he not take a hint? She would have said no, if her infectious desire to please people hadn't made her say yes. She followed Harry in front of the fire place. She kept herself far away from him, crossing her arms over her chest irritably.

Harry struggled to put his words into a sentence, meaning he blabbed "I, Oh, You, Can, We, Er—"

"Are you going to tell me something, Harry?" said Venus in an bothered bellow. She stopped looking at him, and instead, stared into the fireplace. The vibrant light from the flames burning her eyes. But she'd rather do this than look at Harry stutter one more time. "Are you going to stand there and waste my time!"

Harry's jaw clenched. "What is your problem with me?"

Venus could name a reason, a big reason. Being a sitting duck while Sirius slapped her, having the nerve to talk to her now that he knew she was Sirius' daughter or because she was Head Girl with Ron; thinking that made them any closer. Venus didn't want to hate Harry. But she couldn't help it. She couldn't help but be jealous of Him and Sirius' relationship, the dad she longed for had been fathering someone else.

"I don't hate you," Venus muttered, knuckles white from clutching into her garments. "I've never hated anyone before," she said raising her voice so Harry could hear her, "but you've certainly tested my limits."

Harry was silent and Venus continued speaking, finding herself unable to stop.

"Do you know what it feels like to have a parent, alive, out there somewhere and them not contact you even once. Going to his house over the summer was my Aunt's idea, not mine or his," she croaked, tears welling up in her eyes, "You know, when he escaped third year, I wrote him letters. Everyday. And he never replied, I stopped the month before the term was over."

"I— Erm— I'm sorry," was the only sentence Harry could muster. Venus nodded and cleaned the tears from her face.

"Yeah, me too," she chuckled pointing to the scar on her lip. "Goodbye Harry."

"But I want to—"

Venus cut him off. "Why? Why do you want to even speak to me?" she said; her voice grew exponentially louder each word.

"I guess," Harry croaked. "I wanted to know you."

Venus felt a pang hit her heart painfully. "I'm sorry about everything, Harry, I don't want to get to know you," shesaid simply. "Now, please, just don't talk to me."

Harry watched Venus disappear into the girl's dormitories. He wanted to chase after her, but she'd made it perfectly clear that she did not want to see, hear or talk to him. Without letting himself look into it, he headed straight for the boy's dormitories. After Venus, he was not in much of a mood to talk at the moment.

Meanwhile, Venus had just disclosed everything that happened with Harry to Constance. She said phrases like: "Oh Merlin", "Oh what a git!" And "Oooo!" as Venus explained everything.

Parvarti Patil was shuffling through her trunk taking out decorative flowers and shawls to decorate the posters of her bed. She hadn't made eye contact with Venus since they'd arrived. After the ordeal with her and Lavender at dinner, she kept quiet. Venus wasn't even sure she breathed around her.

"She still hasn't looked at me," Venus whispered to Constance.

"She'll come around," said Constance, giving a light shrug. "You did the right thing defending Harry, even though he's a complete dimbo."

Shouts and screams erupted from across the hall. Venus was already irritated; now she had to deal with the boy's causing ruckus when the first years had just gone to sleep. She grabbed a cardigan and wrapped it around herself. The shouts weren't because they were laughing or goofing around, they were angry. McGonagall was going to be just peachy if this turned physical.

"Don't you have a go at my mother," snapped Seamus from inside a dormitory.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar," she heard Harry shout back.

"Don't talk to me like that!"

"I'll talk to you how I want," said Harry, his temper rising so fast he snatched his wand back from his bedside table. "If you've got a problem sharing a dormitory with me, go and ask McGonagall if you can be moved, stop your mummy worrying—"

"What on earth is going on in here?" They all turned their heads to Venus standing with her arms crossed in the doorway. Ron had appeared behind her. His wide eyes traveled from Harry, who was kneeling on his bed with his wand pointing at Seamus, to Seamus, who was standing there with his fists raised.

"He's having a go at my mother!" Seamus yelled.

"What?" said Ron. "Harry wouldn't do that- we met your mother, we liked her. . . ."

"That's before she started believing every word the stinking Daily Prophet writes about me!" said Harry at the top of his voice.

"Well, I don't really care Seamus, and Harry put your wand down! The first-years are asleep and you're going to wake them with all your screaming." Venus scolded. Seamus dropped his fists, Harry did the same with his wand.

"You know what?" said Seamus heatedly, casting Harry a venomous look. "He's right, I don't want to share a dormitory with him. Venus, is there a spare bed in another room?"

"Yes. In Lee Jordan's dormitory, I'll tell McGonagall in the morning that you requested a switch." she sighed, Seamus quietly thanked her

"-Because I refuse to share a dormitory, with a madman!" Seamus said heatedly.

"That's out of order, Seamus," said Ron, whose ears were starting to glow red.

"Out of order, am I?" shouted Seamus, who in contrast with Ron was turning paler. "You believe all the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you reckon he's telling the truth?"

"Yeah, I do!" said Ron angrily.

"Then you're mad too," said Seamus in disgust.

"Yeah? Well unfortunately for you, pal, I'm also a prefect!" said Ron, jabbing himself in the chest with a finger. "So unless you want detention, watch your mouth!"

Seamus looked for a few seconds as though detention would be a reasonable price to pay to say what was going through his mind; but with a noise of contempt he turned on his heel, vaulted into bed, and pulled the hangings shut with such violence that they were ripped from the bed and fell in a dusty pile to the floor. Ron glared at Seamus, then looked at Dean and Neville. He grabbed his things and pushed past Ron and Venus at the doorway.

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" he said aggressively.

"My parents are Muggles, mate," said Dean, shrugging. "They don't know anything about no deaths at Hogwarts-"

"You don't need to explain yourself, Dean." Venus said lifting her hand to stop him from speaking. "Ron, it's really noble how you defended Harry. But if you ever abuse your power like that again, McGonagall will hear about it." She sighed and turned toward the inside of the dormitory. "Harry, are you alright?"

Harry stared at Venus. His eyes, which were usually brightly green, looked faded into a dull brown. "I thought you didn't want me speaking to you," he said coldly laying back on his pillows turned away from Venus.

Venus nodded, pursing her lips. "Goodnight Ron, Dean, Neville." she said grabbing Ron by his shirt before he entered the dormitory. His freckled face looking down at her in dismay. "Don't ever stop defending him. He's going to need it this year."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 148 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!
885 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
133K 3.2K 138
⚠️READ AT OWN RISK, THIS WAS ERITTEN WHEN I WAS 14 😭⚠️ NIGHTMARE || ❝ - I've gotta recognise the weapon in my mind - ❞ 【 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥...
14.9K 1.2K 30
❛𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐢 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮❜ 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦...