The Thief Who Stole My Heart

By Cassipai

(My friend came up with the amazing title) Detective Shuichi Saihara gets assigned the case of the Phantom th... More

Chapter 2: An Interesting Encounter
Chapter 3: Preparing For The Next Heist
Chapter 4: Time to Paint a Pretty Picture
Chapter 5: The Warning
Chapter 6: Bidi Bobidi Failure
Chapter 7: Seeing an Old Friend
Chapter 8: Prepare For Trouble
Chapter 9: Stealing and Venting
Chapter 10: Address Me As Your Majesty
Chapter 11: Investigation Time
Chapter 12: I'm All Alone Now and I Always Will Be
Chapter 13: I'm Here, You're Never Alone
Chapter 14: Can I Really be Happy Again?
Chapter 15: Just in Time
Chapter 16: Karma is a Bitch
Chapter 17: Everything is Going According to Plan
Chapter 18: Two Hot Bitches Fighting
Chapter 19: Jealousy
Chapter 20: Guilt or Relief?
Chapter 21: Am I Alive or Dead?
Chapter 22: Taking the Next Step
Chapter 23: Together Forever, My Beloved
Author's note

Chapter 1: A New Case

4.2K 68 317
By Cassipai

~Shuichi POV~

I woke up and put on my normal work clothes. I walked over to the kitchen and saw my girlfriend, Kaede making breakfast. I walked up to her.

"Good morning, Kaede," I said while reaching out for her hand.

She shoved me away a bit harshly.

"Don't," She shouted. 

"I said I'm sorry! Kaede, what more do you want?" I asked.

"You should only love me, not some other guy!"

"I didn't love Rantaro! Him and I are just friends. Why can't you see that?"

"It doesn't matter right now, I should probably get to work anyway."

She walked out the door. I sighed. She's been like this ever since I accidentally said that Rantaro looks attractive. I always knew she got jealous easily. But this is a little too far, if this keeps up we might have end this soon. Hopefully that won't happen. I made myself some buttered toast and a cup of coffee, for breakfast. My phone starts ringing in my pocket. I take it out and see that my partner, Detective Kirigiri. I answered the phone.

"Good morning Kirigiri," I said.

"Hello Saihara. You need to come to the office now, it's important."

"I'm on my way!"

I hang up and make my way there.

Once I arrived I saw my uncle sitting at a desk across from Kirigiri. There was an empty chair next to her.

"Please have a seat, Shuichi," my uncle said.

I sat down in the chair.

"Now that you're both here, I would like to assign you a new case."

"What case is it?" Kirigiri questioned.

"The Phantom Thief case. I know it'll definitely not be easy, but you two are the best detectives in Japan! So I have faith," He said with a small smile. "The thief is planning on robbing the local city bank, tonight. One of you should go after him, while the other keeps watch of the civilians there. Kirigiri you should keep watch and Shuichi I want you to go after the thief. Take pepper spray, a taser, and handcuffs with you. Also, if something goes wrong either call me or the authorities. That's all and good luck."

We both nod and walk out of the room.

"So the robbery will be tonight," Kirigiri mumbled.

"Do we have any details on the exact time?" I asked.

Kirigiri pulled out a case file from her black messenger bag.

"Your uncle gave me this before you walked in."

She opened it and started looking through everything. She took out a piece of paper.

"This has all the information on tonight's robbery. I already read this so you can have it," She said handing it to me.

"Thank you Kirigiri," I replied.

She nodded.

"Also, I know Tamaki didn't say this, but I also suggest you take a gun. Of course only shoot the thief when that's the only way to defend yourself in the situation. Also, don't expect him to be easy to catch. That is all good luck Saihara."

She turned around and walked away. I looked down at the piece of paper. So it says the robbery will be at 7:30p.m. tonight. We have six hours to get prepared. We already know that the thief leads an organization called DICE, but we don't know how big it is. The only thing they know about the thief's identity is that they're a short young adult male. He always wears a mask and hat to cover his identity. Everyone says he sounds like a devilish little kid. I guess tonight I'll find out the truth about that.

In the meantime, I do remember promising Maki and Kaito to meet up at the cafe. I should probably head there, so I don't keep them waiting. I folded up the paper and put it in my pocket. I walked over to the cafe.

When I arrived Maki and Kaito were already sitting at a table, with Kaede. Don't tell me they're trying to get us to make up. I want to, but she just won't listen!

"Shuichi, bro, over here," Kaito said, waving at me.

I sighed and walked over to them. I sat down next to Kaede, and she immediately scooted farther away.

"You guys really do need to at least talk it out," Maki said in a comforting tone.

"Shuichi, clearly has nothing good to say for himself! He-"

"Kaede, please listen for once. I still love you and only you! Sure I may also be attracted to guys, but that doesn't mean you're some side chick. I'm sorry for making it seem that way."

"You're still not denying whether you like Rantaro romantically or not!"

"I told you were just friends-"

"You know what Shuichi? We're done, and that's final!"

Kaede stormed out of the cafe while Maki chased after her. Tears started pouring down my cheeks. She literally just broke up with me! I thought she was the right person for me! Why can't I ever get what Kaito and Maki have! Sure they're my friends, but I've always been jealous of their relationship. I always thought I'd end up having what they have with Kaede, but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey, Sidekick cheer up! There's plenty of other fish in the sea! So maybe Kaede wasn't the right person, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone waiting out there for you," Kaito said smiling brightly at me.

I smiled back at him. He somehow always knows how to bring up anyone's spirits when they're feeling down. I always appreciated him for that.

"Thank you, Kaito," I said.

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that I had five hours until the robbery.

"Anyway, I should probably get going. Kirigiri and I got assigned a new case today, so I should work on it."

"Alright, take care Shuichi."

I got up and waved goodbye. I took a cab back to my house.

When I got home I saw Kaede packing up her things. I guess she's going back to her old house. Good thing she didn't sell it before she moved in with me. Kaede picked up her suitcases and walked out of the door. I guess I'm back to being alone and single. I looked at the watch, and it said we only have about three hours. I sighed and looked past Phantom Thief robberies on my laptop. Apparently, ten of his goons help everything go smoothly. But recently there's only been nine of them instead. I wonder what happened. Another thing was they usually only knock out or keep watch on the other people there. They haven't killed anyone, but they probably are capable of murder. They're pretty exceptional in combat. Also, they always seem to get away flawlessly. I know I probably won't catch him tonight, but it's worth a shot. I looked at my watch again. I had one hour. I saw a car park in my driveway. I looked at my phone and saw that I got a text from Kirgiri.

Ilovecupnoodles:Get in the car, we're going together.

Sherlock Saihara:Alright, I'm coming.

I walked outside and sat in the passenger seat, next to Kirigiri. I buckled my seatbelt. She drove off to the bank.

We arrived at 7:20p.m.

"Kirigiri, should we warn the workers?" I asked.

"No, they don't have enough time to prepare themselves like we did. I'll keep watch on them, you go after the thief. That's the plan," she replied.

I nodded and we walked inside. My watch said

we have five minutes.

Four,

Three,

Two,

One,

Zero.

Suddenly the lights turned off. I heard some people get knocked out in the background. The lights turned back on to show the Phantom Thief standing on top of the counter.

"Good evening everyone! The main event has arrived!" He exclaimed. "Neeheehee! Now, if you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you stay out of our way!" He childishly laughed. He was wearing a white suit with colorful buttons. He had a purple dress shirt underneath with a checkered tie. He also wore a white hat with a checkered brim and a masquerade style mask.

Suddenly his goons started handcuffing most of the customers, so they wouldn't interfere.

"Go after him while you still can," Kirigiri whispered.

I nodded and chased after the thief to the top floor of the bank.

We reached the top floor. He walked over to the vault at the end of the hallway. I immediately took out my taser and pointed it at him.

"Stop right there Phantom Thief!"

He turned around and put his hands up.

"Oh, greetings Mr.Detective!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 2.5K 15
World famous detective Shuichi Saihara is a private investigator belonging to a well known law firm in Tokyo, Japan. He is known for solving impossib...
127K 2.3K 25
⟨[Danganronpa V3 Chatfic!]⟩ Kokichi makes a groupchat and hell breaks loose- :p · ⟨[Ships]⟩ - Shuichi × Kokichi [Saiouma] - Maki × Kaito [Harumota] ...
200K 6.6K 38
(Completed) Shuichi gets to replay the killing game and try to stop the murders, but he doesn't know how. The detective realizes the one person who c...
24.7K 877 14
Anyone who works on anything even remotely related to the Dice Phantom Thief Case seems to run into nothing but misfortune, as the four detectives wo...