The Ice King 2 | Vkook

By casuallyreading

The ice king has finally broken out of his shell. Everything should be plain sailing now. Right? The sequel... More

*:..。o○ Introduction ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 1 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 2 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 3 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 4 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 5 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 6 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 7 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 9 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 10 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 11 ○o。..:*

*:..。o○ 8 ○o。..:*

2.3K 150 28
By casuallyreading

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Competition
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

A few days passed and it was time for Taehyung's ice skating competition. Jungkook walked him to the changing room which had become tradition between the two.
"You're going to be great" he said, kissing Taehyung's cheek.
Taehyung sighed "you'll be there right?"
"Of course, wouldn't miss it for the world and hey if you do well I'll give you a treat"
"A treat?" Taehyung repeated a blush appearing on his cheeks.
Jungkook raised his eyebrows "I was talking about taking you out for ice cream I don't know what you're thinking"
"I-I what?" Taehyung stuttered making Jungkook giggle.
He leaned in under the guise of giving Taehyung a hug and whispered in his ear "I mean I can give you that later if you want"
Taehyung pushed him away "shut up!" He exclaimed making Jungkook laugh more which got him a glare from Taehyung.
"I need to go get ready"
"Good luck!" Jungkook called after him.

He walked to the ice rink and walked in with a bunch of other people also here for the event. He scanned around until he saw the familiar head of pink hair. He walked over and Jimin moved his bag so that Jungkook could sit next to him.
"I feel like I've not been here in so long" Jimin sighed "I kind of missed it"
"I'm glad you're here, who else would I sit with? I'd be so lonely"
Jimin smiled at him "you really think I would miss this? Yoongi can try all he wants to keep me away from here but he's not going to stop me coming to support him"
"Wait, you know he's trying to keep you away?"
Jimin scoffed "of course I do, he's just lucky I'm busy this semester"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

They watched the different skaters as they came on one after the other. Taehyung and Yoongi were always at the end, in the last group, so they had a while to wait. Finally it came Yoongi's turn and he took the ice. Jimin did his usual shout for him but this time Yoongi didn't react and Jungkook assumed it was because of the presence of Ye-Jun who was watching from the side.

"That was solid" Jungkook said as he clapped after Yoongi's performance "he's really improved"
Jimin smiled widely "he did so well!"
Taehyung was next and Jungkook was nervous.

(We're back with Yuzu, the love for him has not died since I wrote the first book. His routine starts at 8:00)

Jungkook watched nervously as he always did when Taehyung skated. He ended up knowing the boy's routine inside out so he knew when all the turns and jumps were coming up but of course Taehyung did well as usual. Jungkook stood up and clapped loudly for him before sitting back down.
"This brings back so many memories" Jimin sighed happily.
"What do you mean?"
"It was at this competition last year that we met and I could totally tell you had a crush on Taehyung and look where we are now. A lot has changed in a year" Jimin explained.
"I never thought about that, it's sort of strange to think"

They then began to announce the scores.
"In 3rd place we have Lee Ye-Jun"
Jungkook rolled his eyes while Jimin scoffed they were both hoping that he would not have placed in the top 5 so he wouldn't make it to worlds.
"In 2nd we have..." the announcer paused to create suspense and Jungkook could hear Jimin muttering Yoongi's name over and over again.
"Kim Taehyung!"
Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw Taehyung walk up to the podium and stand on the second place podium.
"And in 1st we have Min Yoongi!"
Jimin grabbed Jungkook's arm making him look at him "did I just hear that right or is this a dream?"
"No you heard it right" Jungkook assured him, laughing at his reaction.

"Come on let's go see them! I need to go congratulate Yoongi!" Jimin exclaimed, grabbing Jungkook's hand and pulling him out of the rink and back to the changing rooms.
"Jimin we're not allowed in there" Jungkook told him. Jimin pouted.
"But hey they might still be next to the rink"
Jimin gasped "you're right let's go!"
They quickly walked to the rink and to their surprise Yoongi and Taehyung were still there at the side.
Jungkook smiled as he saw Taehyung pull Yoongi in for a hug.
"I'm guessing they made up then" Jimin said.
"Finally"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jimin ran up to them, separating them so he could hug Yoongi. Taehyung walked over to Jungkook.
"You looked great out there" Jungkook complimented but Taehyung frowned "coach is going to kill me"
"Why would he? You did great"
"I don't think you realise how big a deal this is, Kook" Taehyung sighed "I've not been beaten in years"
Jungkook put his hands on Taehyung's shoulders "don't be too down, maybe this is what you needed"
"At least I lost to Yoongi"
"I see that you two are back on good terms"
"I needed help zipping up my top and I didn't want to ask anyone else"
Jungkook chuckled.
"Taehyung! Come here!" Coach Ahn shouted.
Taehyung sighed and walked off to see him. Jungkook looked around for Jimin or Yoongi but he couldn't see them anywhere, he wondered where they went.

Jimin ran up to Yoongi, pulling him out of Taehyung's hold.
"Yoongi! You did so well I'm so proud!" He exclaimed hugging his boyfriend tightly. Yoongi chuckled and hugged him back "thanks Jimin, I'm glad you came"
"So am I, if you'd managed to actually convince me to not come I would've killed you" Jimin smiled widely "how should we celebrate? Should we go to your favourite restaurant?"
Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled away from Jimin "but you don't like that restaurant"
"I'm sure I can sit through it for one day and besides you deserve it plus I'll pay"
"Jimin you don't have to do that" Yoongi tried to argue but Jimin was having none of it.
"You never let me buy you things, come on just this once. Hurry up and go get changed. I'll wait here for you"
Yoongi nodded and Jimin walked out so he could at least take a seat while he waited on Yoongi.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Everyone was filing out of the rink now that the competition was over and it became empty really quick, well almost empty.
"And who might you be? I don't think I've seen you around before" A voice said from behind him. Jimin turned and saw a boy standing not too far behind him. Jimin stood up and smiled brightly "I'm Park Jimin" he reached out his hand for the other to shake and he did.
"It's very nice to meet you. I'm one of the figure skating team here, did I see you speaking to Min Yoongi?"
Jimin nodded "yeah he's my boyfriend, I came to see his competition today. I'm usually here more but I've been really busy lately so I've not really had the chance. Are you new? It's just that I know practically all the figure skaters here and I don't think I've seen you around before"
"Yeah I just changed coach at the beginning of the season"
"Sorry I didn't quite catch your name"

"Oh how rude of me" the boy said a large smile on his face that made Jimin feel somewhat uncomfortable "I'm Lee Ye-Jun"
That's when Jimin realised, he'd never actually seen the boy's face and hadn't been expecting him to be hanging around here after the competition. He should've been getting changed with the rest of them "oh, uh yeah I better get going"
"So soon? We were just talking, is something wrong?" Ye-Jun asked innocently.
"No no nothings wrong" Jimin assured and he just hoped Yoongi would come back soon. He'd heard enough about Ye-Jun to know that he was not someone he wanted to converse with.
"I'm sure Yoongi will be back soon, come sit and we can chat"
Jimin hesitantly went and sat next to him.

"You know you're not what I expected" Ye-Jun commented, looking at him.
"What did you expect?"
Ye-Jun leaned back in his chair and looked Jimin up and down "I don't know someone taller"
Jimin gritted his teeth "oh?"
Ye-Jun smirked as he could already see he was getting to Jimin.
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I heard Yoongi talking about how he preferred taller guys but that was a few years ago so I'm guessing his tastes have changed"
"I guess they have" Jimin stood up "it's been great talking to you really but I have to go"
Ye-Jun stood up with him "why? We should go out to eat sometime"
"No thanks" Jimin said as he walked away.
"Has Yoongi got you on a diet? Maybe it's for the best, he wouldn't want you embarrassing him now that he's finally gotten out of Taehyung's shadow"
Jimin turned round to glare at him and opened his mouth to answer him but before he could Yoongi replied.
"What did you just say to him?" Yoongi growled at him as he walked up behind Jimin.

Ye-Jun chuckled to himself "Yoongi, good to see you. Well done on your win by the way, did you bribe the judges or something? I never thought you'd beat Taehyung"
Yoongi rolled his eyes "why can't you just leave people alone?"
Ye-Jun put his hands up in defence "I have just been having a nice little chat with Jimin. I'm trying to help him, all he needs to do is lay off the cakes a little"
"I'm going to kill you"
Yoongi pushed past Jimin and up to Ye-Jun who looked anything but scared.
"I would like to see you try" Ye-Jun laughed.

That was apparently the wrong comment to make as Yoongi just lunged at him and before Jimin knew they were on the floor with Yoongi punching Ye-Jun who was trying to push Yoongi off of him.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Jungkook had been waiting for Taehyung for ages but he hadn't shown up yet. He sighed as he walked to the rink, maybe he'd went there after the talk or his coach was talking to him there. What he wasn't expecting when he walked into the rink was to see Jimin shouting at Yoongi who was beating up Ye-Jun. He ran up to them and pried Yoongi off of Ye-Jun.

"What the hell is going on here!" A voice shouted and they all turned to see Mr Ahn and Taehyung both looking very confused as to what they've just walked into. Jungkook let Yoongi go.
"Yoongi come with me. One of you take Ye-Jun to the nurse" Mr Ahn said sternly and Yoongi followed Mr Ahn back out.
"What on earth happened here?!" Taehyung exclaimed "I was gone for like 15 minutes tops!"
Jungkook shrugged, Jimin stayed quiet and Ye-Jun was too busy trying to take care of his bleeding nose.
"So who's taking him to the nurse?" Jungkook asked, pointing at Ye-Jun.
"Let him crawl there by himself" Taehyung rolled his eyes "now let's go, we can go to the café across the street while we wait on Yoongi"
Jungkook began to follow him "Jimin are you coming?"
Jimin nodded and hesitantly followed leaving Ye-Jun by himself.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

They made their way across the street and sat at a table.
"What do you guys want?" Jungkook asked as he stood up to go order.
"Can I have a cup of tea?" Taehyung ordered and Jimin ordered a coffee.
Jungkook quickly went and ordered it for them and sat back down so that he could hear what on Earth had happened.

The three boys sat in silence and it was making Jungkook uncomfortable. Jimin was silently sipping his coffee, staring at the table while Taehyung was ignoring his cup of tea to look at his best friend who had never seemed so quiet.
"Jimin, what happened?" Jungkook eventually spoke up.
Jimin glanced up at the two boys sitting across from him, worry all over their faces.
"Ye-Jun was just spouting nonsense and Yoongi got angry" He shrugged, it all sounded so simple.
"I know Ye-Jun has a special talent for irritating people but me and Yoongi have known Ye-Jun for years and Yoongi's never acted like this" Taehyung frowned, reaching over to take Jimin's hand in his "so what did he say?"
"Random insults about my appearance" Jimin said vaguely "don't worry about it"

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but cut himself off when he saw Yoongi storm through the door of the café and over to their table.
"What did he say?" Jimin asked his boyfriend.
"It doesn't matter" Yoongi snapped "now come on let's go"
Jimin nodded and both boys exited the café quickly.

Taehyung sighed "why can nothing ever be simple?"
"Tell me about it" Jungkook agreed "Wanna go get ice cream now?"
"But I didn't do well"
Jungkook reached out and tucked a bit of Taehyung's hair behind his ear "of course you did well, you always do well. Now let's go"

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.6K 26
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞 ❞ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴀᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ᴋᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ © 2021 ʙʏ ᴠᴀɴɢᴏɢʜ___ Publish : 8 Jan...
463K 16.9K 50
A story about the way a girl changed because of love... The love of her new family... Started: 24 February 2021. Ended: 26 March 2021. Welp. I'm fa...
1.7M 84.2K 51
Kim Taehyung is a championship ice skater but his cold personality makes him unapproachable and detached from everyone. Jeon Jungkook is an outgoing...
45.5K 1.5K 16
Jungkook is bored like always and decides to make an Instagram account since all his friends have it, but he doesn't. He explores it and gets a notif...