| Inked | (George Weasley)

By Jamie_writes_

Olive Lark was the most introverted and shy person you'd meet at Hogwarts. With a rather heavy addiction to w... More

• Playlist •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four

Chapter Ninety-Six

10.5K 382 405
By Jamie_writes_

It wasn't until noontime several hours later, when Olive walked down the stairs feeling rested after a few extra hours of sleep and a shower, that she understood why the Order meeting had run so late the night before.

She walked in the kitchen to see Ron and Hermione, who were trying to contain their anger as they had a heated conversation with Remus, who didn't look happy at all himself. Sirius watched the argument, looking rather miffed about something himself.

Olive hoped it wasn't from when he caught her and George in the hallway earlier...

"That's completely unfair." Hermione said with a frown, "Did they even say why? Did they even-"

"I'm telling you all I know." Remus held his hands up in defense, "From what Arthur's contact told us, the Trace detected that he used magic in front of a muggle. We don't know the circumstances."

"Obviously he must have had good reason." Ron grumbled, "He may be an idiot sometimes, but he's not stupid."

Olive was about to turn around and leave, but she was caught.

"Looks like someone's finally awake." Remus looked as if he desperately wanted to end the argument, and Olive's presence was the perfect distraction.

However, the Ravenclaw, who had heard enough of the conversation to want to know what was going on, stood in the doorway with raised brows.

"What's... going on?" She asked, "Did something happen?"

"Nothing-" Remus began, but was completely interrupted by Ron and Hermione.

"Harry's been expelled from Hogwarts." Hermione explained, "Apparently-"

"He was caught using a patronus charm in front of his cousin." Ron finished, his cheeks flushed from his annoyance with the situation. He ignored the look Hermione was giving him for interrupting her.

"What?" Olive turned to Remus, who looked as if he did not want to have this conversation anymore, "How did that even happen? Did you guys hear from him?"

Her focus was still on the boy in question's two best friends, who knew him better than anyone who was currently living under this roof.

"We haven't been able to write to him at all." Hermione shook her head, "Dumbledore told us we couldn't send him any letters."

"Which, maybe if we were able to, might have prevented this from happening." Ron added, "He probably thinks we're ignoring him or something."

Olive nodded slowly, "Is he okay?"

"We don't know."

Her eyes landed on the two adults in the room, who were staring at her as if waiting for the same argument Ron and Hermione had given them just before she walked in.

"So, let me get this straight." Olive sat down, running a hand through her damp curls, "Right after what is probably the most traumatic time of his life, Dumbledore has decided to keep Harry in the dark about everything. He won't even let his two best friends write him?"

"More or less." Sirius agreed.

"And who thought this was okay?" She asked no one in particular, a hint of agitation in her voice.

Olive may not have been particularly close with Harry, but she knew enough to know that now might not have been the best of times to completely cut him off from the Wizarding World. From what Ginny and Hermione have mentioned in their conversations over the summer, he didn't exactly live in a safe, comforting household.

"Dumbledore thought it was best in order to protect Harry." Remus explained after a long, awkward silence, "He hasn't exactly been talked about in a positive light since the TriWizard Tournament concluded last month."

"He's going to have to face all that when he goes back to school." Sirius argued, "And he won't even be prepared for it. He should have been staying here, with his godfather. With people who care about him."

"After Tonks is able to get the Dursleys out of the house, we're leaving to bring him here." Running a hand down his face, Remus started towards the door, "Which should be soon, might I add."

Once he was gone, Olive let out a sigh, "Expelled? Surely if Dumbledore is so keen on protecting him he'd do something about it."

Sirius, who looked both tired and restless, stared distastefully at The Daily Profit in front of him. It featured another bogus article trying to make Harry seem like he was clinically insane and that Dumbledore was organizing the whole thing to scare the public and take the Minister's job. Perhaps a few years from now that article might have been funny, but it definitely wasn't causing any laughs now.

"I'm tired of not being able to do anything." He shook his head, "I'm his damn godfather, I should be able to go with them."

He got up, fists clenched as he left the kitchen with an irritated sigh. Olive, Ron and Hermione watched silently, not knowing what to do.

"And you thought spending all summer here would be fun." Ron said to Hermione, who gave him a nasty glare.

"Our best friend is expelled." She told him, "And you're trying to make a joke?"

"Sorry!" The ginger's hands flew up in defense, "I just thought to lighten the mood- you know what, I'm going to stop talking now."

He sat down, arms folded across his chest as he stared down at the table, probably hoping that the wood would turn into something the least bit interesting.

"I was going to ask how everyone's morning was, but I think I know now." Olive said. She reached over to grab The Daily Profit article, flipping it over so no one would have to look at the false article written on the front page.

"Did you at least get to sleep in a few hours?" Hermione asked, pacing the kitchen to try and diffuse her nerves, "Lupin told Ginny and I what happened."

Olive wanted to ask if Remus happened to mention George. She was certain that when Sirius finally made it downstairs that he had something to say to the former professor about the moment he just walked in on between the couple. However, noting the still distressed look on the fifth-years face, she decided not to ask.

"It was nice. Well-needed." She nodded, "Though coming down here after sleeping in almost makes me want to go back upstairs."

Mrs. Weasley came into the kitchen, looking every bit stressed as everyone else Olive has soon so far has looked.

"I'm afraid you three might have to stay out of the kitchen for a while." She said, "We have some Order things to discuss that can't wait until tonight."

"Is this about Harry?" Olive asked the woman as she stood. She used her wand to help her expedite the process of sandwich making, feeling especially hungry after skipping breakfast to sleep in.

"We already know that he's been expelled, Mum." Ron added, arms folded across his chest as he glumly exited the kitchen.

"It is and it isn't." Molly shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure myself, dears."

"Olls."

"Hm?"

"What'cha doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

Sitting on the floor in Fred and George's room, Olive was trying to finish up one of her more recent stories. She was rereading the last few pages of the story, pen held carefully between her lips. Her brows were furrowed, so focused that the light pestering of her boyfriend hadn't yet annoyed her.

George, who was hanging upside down off his bed to get her attention, was trying to angle himself to do what he called a 'spider-kiss' or 'the one in the muggle book with the pictures and superheroes in underwear.'

Even though Olive had a small idea of what he was on about, she didn't correct him so he would continue to entertain himself (and her and Fred) while he figured it out.

The three had been hanging out in their room for a few hours now. Ollie was preoccupied with her writing, and the twins bounced between talking about how excited they were for their Quidditch season to start and the opening of their shop. Ever since Harry had given the two his winnings from the TriWizard Tournament, their plans have sped up dramatically.

"Mate, stop pretending to be a spider-monkey." Fred threw a crumpled newspaper in his twin's direction, which hit George square in the face, "You're going to make yourself pass out."

Olive lifted her gaze to check on George, whose face had gone cherry-red from hanging upside down for so long. He turned to her, looking mighty ridiculous, raising his brows.

"If I kiss you will you get up?" She took the pen from her mouth, sending an amused look to Fred, who was sitting cross-legged on his bed across from the couple. He had his arms folded as was trying not to laugh or smile (and failing).

George did what looked like an attempt at a nod, which didn't look so comfortable hanging upside down. Olive leaned in, kissing his upside-down lips quickly before pulling away. Just before he could sit up, she bopped him on the nose with an ink-smudged hand.

When he sat up, he honestly looked like he might fall back over. However, he just closed his eyes for a moment, shaking his head to let the blood circulate to the rest of his body.

"Thanks love." He leaned forward and kissed the top of her head before sitting behind her up on his bed, "I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out."

Olive shook her head, the tiniest of smiles on her face as she went back to her writing. She half-listened to Fred and George go back to their conversation, focusing on writing the last few paragraphs of her story. It was one of the first longer ones she's finished in her new notebook, since her old one got confiscated by Professor Dumbledore.

While she missed her other stories, not to mention the Yule Ball memory, she figured it was probably for the best.

Then, just as she was about to finish up the concluding paragraphs, some noise from the floor below grabbed the three seventh year's attention. There were some loud footsteps, and then what appeared to be loud, frustrated conversation.

"Someone's here." Fred peered out of the door, his twin in tow, poking his head out of the doorframe. Finding no luck seeing anything, he opened the door wider and peeked down the side of the staircase.

"Remus must be back." Olive explained, "They went to get Harry a while ago."

"Harry's here?" George asked, "Well let's go say hello!"

Before the Ravenclaw could even comprehend it, he was grabbing her arm to apparate. Olive shouted in surprise, starting to say how she wanted to finish her writing, but it was too late. That uncomfortable squeezing feeling, followed by an indescribable dizziness took over all of her senses. Then, just as she was sitting in Fred and George's room, she was now sitting on the floor of Ron and Harry's bedroom.

"George Weasley I swear to Merlin." She stood up, having to grab onto the bedposts of Ron's bed to steady herself. Her features had gone momentarily pale, but soon faded.

"What?" He shrugged, "It's faster."

Olive didn't care that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were staring at the two of them in surprise. She didn't even care that Fred popped up beside his twin casually, hands in his pockets like he had been there the entire time. Once she was positive she wouldn't fall over from dizziness, she stomped over to her boyfriend and whacked him upside the head with her notebook.

"You're lucky your cute." Ollie grumbled.

George rubbed the back of his head, surprised at how hard she had hit him, "Ouch... well, now that we're all here-"

"Hi Harry!" Fred chimed him. He had tried to give Olive a high-five behind George's back for the expert hit, but she just glared at him, folding her arms across her chest with a huff.

"We thought we heard your dulcet tones down here." George added, inching himself closer to the Ravenclaw when he was certain she wasn't going to whack him again, "I'm pretty sure there might be a couple people fifty miles away who didn't hear you."

Harry didn't seem particularly thrilled at the joke the twins were trying to get at, but he was nevertheless happy to see them and Olive.

"Do they apparate all the time now?" Harry asked.

Olive nodded with an exasperated eyeroll, "Ever since they got here. Just be glad you're not of age yet or they'll take you with them."

"Lucky me."

"How are you?" She asked, sending Hermione a quick look upon seeing just how frustrated Harry was, "We heard what happened."

"Seems like everyone around here knows what's going on but me." He sat down on Ron's bed with an aggravated sigh, "I've been in the dark all summer."

Harry sent a sideways glance to his two best friends, who looked down at their shoes guiltily. Even though it was out of their control, they still felt bad that they haven't been able to write to Harry all summer.

"Dumbledore and the Order have been extremely strict on what we can and can't do." Olive explained, "No letters. No leaving the house. No-"

"Hallway loitering?" Fred suggested, sending a evil smirk in Ollie and George's direction.

Olive just groaned, hiding the blush that rose to her cheeks by burying her face in her boyfriend's shoulder. George sent a nasty look in Fred's direction, followed by a questionably gesture that made the eldest Weasley twin shut up.

"They're all meeting tonight after dinner." Harry explained, "How can we find out what's going on without being caught? I need to know something."

"It's pointless." Ginny picked a good time to join in on the conversation, perching herself in the doorway, "We've been trying all summer and somehow the adults always know."

"We aren't exactly quiet about it." Hermione noted, "Especially those two."

She pointed to the twins, who shared an incredulous look of fake surprise.

"Us?" George gasped dramatically.

"But we've just come up with the best idea ever." Fred added, "Involving George's very own girlfriend, Miss Olive Marbella Lark."

He used jazz hands to point in Olive's direction. The Ravenclaw just stared between Fred and George, as if she was choosing between morphing into a cat and scampering out of there or whacking them both with her notebook.

"I'm not doing it." She argued, "It's stupid."

"But Ollie, it's perfect." Fred exclaimed, "No one will know."

"They're gonna know." Olive persisted, "They knew the first time."

Ginny nodded, "Like I said, it's pointless. The only way you're ever going to know what goes on in those meetings is by actually being invited. Which means being of age and out of school."

"But what's the idea?" Harry sent a sideways look to Ollie, who just shook her head in resignation.

"They want me to try to turn into a bug." She sighed, "So I can listen in the actual room while the meetings are happening."

"You can do that?"

"No." Ollie shook her head, "Which is why I didn't want to do it the first time."

"She ended up getting stuck as a quaffle-sized beetle with cat ears and a tail." George added with a frown, "For an hour. Tonks had to help her try to morph back into herself."

"That's besides the point." Olive threw her hands in the air, "I'm not doing it. If the adults want to keep everything to themselves, then let them. If there's something important we need to know we'll eventually find out sooner than later. One of us always ends up knowing something we shouldn't anyways."

The Ravenclaw had a point. With the track record of all seven students, they were bound to stumble upon some information sooner or later.

Olive, who often found herself writing situations in which her characters just happened upon important information that later helped them out, liked to call it 'main character syndrome.'

Funny how that plays out.

"I'm sure we'll here something tonight at dinner." Ron reassured Harry, "Especially with your Hearing coming up. Dumbledore must have a plan."

Harry sighed, "With how this summer has been going, I doubt it."

The room grew silent, mixing the feelings of guilt from everyone who has been at 12 Grimmauld Place all summer and Harry's thick blanket of seemingly righteous teen angst.

"Maybe Olive can turn into a bug again. That'll make everyone feel better." Fred offered, though it didn't get the reaction he'd hoped for, "Too soon?"

"Yeah, mate." George noticed Ollie slip her wand out of her pocket, though didn't pay much mind to it.

However, when everyone was called down to dinner, it was revealed what the clever little Ravenclaw had done in silent, petty revenge to Fred.

She had hexed his feet to remain glued to the floor.

Luckily for everyone, (except for Ginny, unfortunately) they were allowed to sit in on the Order meeting after dinner that evening. Olive had offered to go up with Ginny, knowing that she would most likely be filled in later by Hermione, but was convinced by both the twins and her sister that now would be their only opportunity to here what was really going on.

"We've gathered that he's keeping a low profile." Sirius, who was the one to speak more boldly and openly than the other Order members about Voldemort's affairs, decided to lead the conversation despite Mrs. Weasley's wishes, "And is recruiting more followers as we speak."

"Then why isn't anyone doing anything about it?" Harry asked, "Why isn't the Ministry getting involved?"

"Even though you fought You-Know-Who and survived this past June, Harry, Fudge and the rest of the Ministry isn't willing to believe it." Remus explained, "Fudge thinks Dumbledore is after his job, and would rather believe that than anything else. He doesn't want to create a panic after the last fourteen years of quiet."

Missy, who obviously knew more about the topic, continued, "Not everyone thinks the Order is as credible as it used to be. It's been hard to gain allies in the Ministry who could help us. They look at us and all they see is an escaped fugitive, a werewolf, a-" She cleared her throat before she could finish, "well, I don't exactly have the cleanest track record from the last war."

Olive frowned as she listened to her sister continue talking. Now that she was actually hearing some of what the Order's been trying to do over the summer, she didn't blame any of the adults for being stressed or not wanting to talk about it. However, she couldn't seem to shake how annoyed and almost angry Missy seemed to be about everything.

She had that look last night when they were talking about the Benedicts.

An unnatural feeling of dread seemed to settle on the shoulders of everyone seated around the dinner table. Olive started to feel both too old and too young to be listening to the Order's plans and intel.

On one hand, she wanted to join her sister and the rest of the Order. She wanted to make the Wizarding World safe again, and this time for good. However, Olive also felt scared and overwhelmed. She just turned seventeen, but knew she was not younger than half the other adults at the table when they first dealing with Voldemort.

"One thing we know for sure is that Voldemort is after something." Sirius butted in, earning a stern warning look across the table from Mrs. Weasley, "Something he didn't have last time."

"Sirius." Mrs. Weasley shook her head, "That's enough."

"What is it?" Harry asked, looking eager to know and more than willing to help the Order right then and there to stop Voldemort.

"A weapon? We're not-"

"Sirius." Remus warned.

"It's getting late." Molly decided, clapping her hands as she turned to the teenagers at the other end of the table, "Why don't you all go upstairs to bed now?"

Fred and George reluctantly got to their feet, "But Mum-"

"You're all too young to be hearing of this." She insisted, "I don't care if you're of age or not."

"She's right." Missy pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't know why we thought to let you all sit in tonight..."

"They deserve to know what's going on." Sirius argued as the teens slowly filed out of the kitchen, "Imagine what good it might've done us when we were their age."

Olive peeked over her shoulder on her way out the door, sending a weary look to Sirius, and then to her sister.

"Imagine how many more people would be sitting here who were with us last time."

Before, to Ollie, what had been going on in the Wizarding World seemed to be unreal. Of course she believed that Voldemort was back and that Harry had fought him, but it all still seemed too much like a nightmare to be true. How could something so scary and so dangerous be looming over their heads when half the world didn't believe it was going on?

After the meeting with the Order, after seeing her sister's restraint and Sirius's anger... it was starting to dawn on Olive how real everything was.

"Olls, you okay?" George waited for her at the top of the stairs, his brows knit together when he noted the anxiousness in her otherwise intense gaze.

She looked up at him, saying nothing as she let her eyes wander over him in a completely different way than she had that morning.

They were entering their last year of school, and then taking their first official steps as adults into an increasingly scary world. In just under ten months they'd be able to join the Order and fight against Voldemort. They'd be stepping into something far more dangerous than they could comprehend.

And after what Sirius said, it terrified Olive that there was a chance that some of them might not make it to the other side of this brewing war alive.

Olive wrapped her arms around George in a tight hug, burying her head into his chest, holding her breath as she listened to the even beat of his heart. She felt his arms wrap around her, the hitch in his breath as he glanced down at her, wondering why she had suddenly acted this way.

"Olls?" He pulled away, a little more concern in his tone, "What's going on in that mind of yours?"

She tilted her chin up and rested it on his chest, still remaining in his arms. After regarding his expression for a moment, she let out a long sigh.

"I just realized how stupid I was for not caring whether or not we all knew what was going on with the Order, and how terrifying it is now that we do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
446K 8.5K 97
Lillith Greengrass wasn't liked by her Family. She had a hard life, a mom who hated her and a dad who would ignore her all the time. Lillith also had...
87.2K 1.9K 64
Fred was always known as a prankster alongside his brother George. He had everything; a loving family, a good home and the best friend he could ever...
13.1K 400 75
Sometimes it Needs time to find the path you Need to go- but when you found it, you shouldn't let go of it, no matter how hard it might get. Anne is...