Illicit Love | Charlie Conway

By RachaelBanks99

Illicit: Forbidden by law, rules, or custom. Love: An intense feeling of deep affection. Annabelle Banks and... More

Cast List
You forgot your shoe
That's an insult to girls
Sheep
Number 1
I didn't ask
The big 10
An unlikely Ally

I didn't do it!

705 29 253
By RachaelBanks99

A.N I backkkkk, sorry about the lack of Charlie in this, but I had to establish some things in this chapter. Please remember to vote and comment if you enjoy it.

"Get up, Annabelle, you're late. I'm leaving to take Adam now you can get the bus," Philip Banks spoke as he ripped the girl's blankets off of her harshly.

Belle was startled as she quickly opened her eyes, sitting up. "I can be ready in 10 minutes" she yawned. Her father simply shook his head at the girl. "I said get the bus", he spoke rudely, making the girl nod quickly.

Belle arrived in the Kitchen as Adam was frantically packing his bag "Morning Addy" she whispered, slowly walking to the toaster to make some toast for breakfast.

In Adams frantic rush to pack he clearly didn't hear her as he muttered a quick "crap". Philip looked up in confusion as Adam pulled a sheet out of his bag.

"I uh, I forgot to finish my homework last night, Hockey kept me busy. It's due after lunch" Adam spoke sheepishly.

"Here" Philip spoke, taking the sheet, "You've got an hour before the bus, do his homework and leave it on the bench, I'll take it to him later" he sneered, shoving the homework at his daughter.

"Daddy" Belle's voice spoke softly, she stopped as she saw his disgusted look "Sir" she rephrased "I'm not in 7th grade, I don't know if I know this yet" she whispered.

Phil shot the girl a dirty look making Belle anxiously grip the paper "I'll work it out" she spoke quickly.

Adam looked up at his dad "I can just take the late penalty, she doesn't have to do it for me" he spoke, sending his sister a small smile.

Phil ignored him "let's go Adam, cars running" he spoke. Adam sighed but nodded, following after the man "sorry belly" he whispered as he passed her.

The girl sighed defeated as she sat at the kitchen table, not even having time for breakfast as she rushed to complete her brother's homework "I don't know how to do this, Addy's going to get a bad score and Daddy's going to hit me" she whimpered to herself.

Quickly she took a deep breath "Don't cry Annabelle, you're smart, you can do it. It's only 20 questions" she spoke looking at the math worksheet.

By the time the girl finished the sheet she realised she only had 2 minutes until the bus came, frustratedly she threw her shoes on, not even having time to properly fix her hair or eat as she raced out the front door.

"Are you serious?" the girl spoke softly as she watched the bus drive off. The girl watched as her mom's car reversed out of the driveway, she was clearly on the way to work.

"Annabelle, why aren't you at school" the woman spoke angrily as she stopped the car beside her.

"I missed the bus mommy" Belle spoke softly, "Dad asked me to do Adams homework because he forgot and by the time I finished it was too late" the girl whispered.

Anne sighed, rubbing her temples "I'm sorry Mama" the girl apologised as she swallowed back tears.

"It's okay darling, your father should have taken you, I have some time, Come on" the woman smiled making Belle breathe a sigh of relief as she scrambled to sit in the passenger seat, quickly buckling up as she looked out the window.

Anne Banks drove to school in silence with her daughter, she wondered when it had gotten so bad between them, there was a time where the two were best friends, now they struggled even to have the slightest interaction.

"Bye, Thankyou" Belle spoke politely, grabbing her backpack and quickly exiting the car.

"Hey Belle" Anne called making her stop as she turned, looking at her mother "I love you, you know" the woman smiled.

The girl froze, it had been a long while since she had heard those words from either of her parents. She smiled softly "I love you too Mama" she whispered, voice cracking as she turned back around, walking towards the school.

"There she is Mr Warburton, she just hit me" Zoe sniffled holding her arm as she pointed to Belle who stood stunned, she'd only just got to school.

Zoe smirked as she covered her face, pretending to cry as Mr Warburton looked at Belle "I didn't I just got here" Belle stuttered pathetically.

The teacher looked between the girls, Zoe's fake sniffles selling her act "detention" he spoke simply to Belle making her groan.

"I didn't do it!" she spoke frustrated "just like I didn't take her bunny eraser" the girl argued crossing her arms.

"If you want to argue it'll be two detentions" the teacher spoke making Belle's jaw clench as she nodded, walking away before she made the situation worse, today was truly not in her favour.

The girl sat in detention after school, writing "I must not hit other students" on the board repeatedly for 30 minutes.

Mr Warburton watched the clock boredly, letting the girl go right on time as she placed the chalk away "You know, I really didn't punch her" the girl whispered as she grabbed her backpack.

"I know what your family is like Annabelle, Adam was the same" Mr Warburton scolded, Belle said nothing more as she quickly exited, she just wanted to get home.

"Oh my god finally" the voice of Adam called, snapping Belle out of her trance as she looked up. "Little Anna- Banana got detention" Alex teased jokingly as the girl walked closer, shoving the boy making him laugh.

"Hey, what did you do little miss rebel" Adam grinned, standing obnoxiously with his Hawks jacket on, half of the team behind him making Belle roll her eyes annoyed.

"Zoe said I hit her, I didn't but the teacher didn't believe me. He said he knows what my family is like" the girl sighed making the team laugh, Belle didn't find it the slightest bit funny though.

She hated that the hawks were here, usually, her brother would show her sympathy, maybe even comfort her. When he was with his friends he was different, she watched as he openly laughed at her clear frustration and sadness.

"Alright, we got Smelly Belly, let's go" Dave spoke as the team nodded in agreement. Belle raised a brow "where are we going?" she questioned.

Adam smirked, informing the girl they were going to find District 5, the players of the team all held the same smirk, she hated it.

"I'm not going with you" the girl shrugged "I have homework" she lied. Truthfully the girl didn't want to give district 5 trouble, the only players from the team she truly had an issue with were Charlie Conway, Jesse Hall, Connie and Peter.

Adam laughed as he tugged the girls back off her back, holding it for her securely "come on, let's go" he spoke grabbing her arm gently.

"I said I don't want to go with them" Belle spoke again "If I don't want to go then I don't have to go. I'm not a pet Adam" the girl repeated, shrugging her brothers arm off of her.

"You can't walk alone" Adam called as the girl began walking away, Belle let out a laugh as she turned back to look at him "Why? It's not like anyone cares" she shrugged boredly, walking off before the boy could say anything.

The girl walked in silence, her mind buzzing as she wallowed in self pity, childishly kicking rocks "I could have been a part of any other family, but no I get stuck with Phil the Dill, pretty sure there's laws against the way he treats me, no one cares though" she grumbled.

"Hey Annabelle" a voice called, making the girl stop her ranting as she turned around, she watched as the person approached her, sending her an apologetic smile.

"Hey, I just want to say I'm sorry, about punching you in the face. It was out of line. I jumped to conclusions and it wasn't fair" Connie spoke as she stood in front of the girl.

Belle sent her a small smile, she definitely wasn't one to hold. "It's okay uh" she spoke, trailing off awkwardly; she didn't know the girl's name.

"Connie", the older girl smiled. Belle nodded "It's okay Connie; my comment definitely was cause for a punch in the face, I apologise for it" her soft voice spoke.

Connie nodded, sending the girl a small smile "So uh, what are you doing here all alone?" the girl questioned the Hawks player, it was clear she was going through something and despite their history, Connie wanted to make sure she was okay.

Belle thought for a minute about how to answer the question, no one from her team was around so realistically she didn't have to be rude, or lie.

"I just like to come here to think, my thoughts sometimes get a little loud and I worry people will hear them, they can't hear them" the girl whispered.

Connie frowned softly "Why is that so bad?" she questioned, watching as Belles bottom lip began to tremble as she held back tears, the older girl knew by asking the question she'd hit a sore spot.

The younger girl shook her head slightly "It's okay, you don't need to ask, I know we aren't friends. I don't need to unload all my problems onto you" she whispered.

"Are you sure? I know it can be helpful to have someone to talk to" the district 5 girl prompted, Belle nodded "It's okay Connie, thankyou but really, I'm okay

Connie nodded understandingly, turning and heading in the opposite direction of the girl, she knew not to push the clearly emotional child.

"I'm just really unhappy" Belle admitted, a slight whimper leaving her mouth as she stopped Connie in her tracks "and I know what I've done to you in the past was wrong and you have every right to hate me but I don't really have any friends and I'd really like someone to talk to" she sniffled.

Connie smiled making eye contact with the girl as she patted the seat beside her.

Belle shuffled slowly towards her, joining her on the bench "I know you all think I'm mean, but I promise I'm not. I'm just trying to get through each day alive and sometimes I have to do and say things that I hate but I'm scared, I'm scared if I don't do the right thing I'll get hurt" the girl sniffled, her tone allowing Connie to see just how young and vulnerable she was.

"My dad, he hates me. I don't know why, I dont know what I did. But no matter how hard I try I'll never be as perfect as my older brother, he tortures me mentally and emotionally , I don't even remember the last time he said he loves me, I'm not even allowed to call him dad. My Mom cares but she works a lot, I don't see her much. Adam, he tries, really he does but he can only do so much before he turns into our father, I have my oldest brother Aiden, I love him but he's at college, Dad was nice to me before he left because Aiden protected me, he's gone now though so its free reign on Annabelle"the girl laughed sarcastically.

Connie nodded sadly, allowing the girl to continue her rant, she clearly needed it. Belle wiped her eyes as tears fell "Woah, sorry just kinda threw all that at you" she laughed.

The older girl smiled assuringly, maybe she did judge Belle too quickly, the girl was clearly just overwhelmed and pressured by those closest to her. "Friends always listen" the girl smiled making Belle look at her.

"Friends?" she questioned softly making Connie grin "If you want" she confirmed.

Belle couldn't help the grin that spread on her face "I would love to be your friend, Connie"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 4.4K 55
CASSIDY CONWAY was an amazing skater and hockey player. She was the twin of Charlie Conway and everyone adored the twins. She was the star of the...
22.2K 498 25
❛ i've got a boyfriend, he's older than us, he's in the club doin' i-don't-know-what ❜ ━━ ADAM BANKS X OC ━━ STRANGERS TO FRIENDS TO LOVERS ━━...
14.1K 186 19
DISCONTINUED "You're a dick Adam Banks," Aged up 16-17 D3
38.7K 644 18
She misses them and they miss her. It's hard keeping in contact with someone who lives halfway across the world. They spent seven months apart, now r...