โ˜ฌ๐™‘๐™ž๐™ค๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™šโ˜ฌ-๐‘ฒ. ๐‘ฉ๐’‚๐’Œ...

By A_Red_Fox

[๐˜ˆ ๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜Ÿ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ] ๊งOnce upon a time, there was a girl. And t... More

โ˜ฌ{๐š‚๐šƒ๐™พ๐š๐šˆ ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™พ}โ˜ฌ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š๐šŽเฆ”เงฃ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜เฆ”เงฃ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽเฆ”เงฃ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ต๐š˜๐šž๐š›เฆ”เงฃ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ต๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽเฆ”เงฃ
Sorry
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š‚๐š’๐šกเฆ”เงฃ
เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—เฆ”เงฃ

เฆ”เงฃ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽเฆ”เงฃ

3.4K 88 127
By A_Red_Fox

"Ha- Got you, Izuku!"

"Ow! Y/n, that hurt!"

"Oops, sorry!"

Izuku smiled brightly at me, his rosy red cheeks stretching wider and wider. "It's okay, Y/n, I know you would never hurt me."

I smiled back at him, before shouting triumphantly and tacked Izuku to the ground. He screamed and rolled on top of me, I giggled as we continued to roll in the grass. Just two dumb kids playing.

"I- I can't breathe, Izuku!" I laughed out of breath, pushing my s/c tiny hands on his chest.

The young boy laughed at me and fell down into the soft green grass. His fluffy green flopped over his forehead. His green eyes simmered and dazzled. He was my best friend. My only true friend. The only one I would ever need.

Birds fluttered above and leaves blew in the soft blowing wind. I looked away from the green-haired boy to stare up at the blue sky and white clouds. 

"Izuku, we have to stick together if we want to be in the royal army. Please never stop being my friend."

I didn't look at him when I said that. But I could feel his smile. It felt as warm as the sun. As bright as fire.

"You know I would never stop being your friend, Y/n! We have to achieve our dream together!"

I turned my head back to him, my h/c falling into my eyes as he stared back into mine. It felt like such a special moment. He looked at me like I was the only girl in the world. I felt like someone cared.

"Forever?" I asked, holding my hand out to him, my pinky finger pointed out to him

"Forever."

...༺...

My feet stumbled on the dirt path as I clutched my arm, leaves cracking under my weight. Blood seeped through my fingers and soaked my white blouse. I took in shallow deep breathes as the nearing footsteps of a very angry man got too close for comfort. 

I threw myself forward into thorned bushes. I closed my eyes feeling sharp thorns scrape my arms and legs. I hissed in pain and collapsed on the ground, leaning my head on the back of a dark oak tree- trying to chase my breath.

"Get out here you damn rodent!" The deep voice of a clearly angry man yelled as an arrow flew an inch away from my face. I darted my head away and gasped in surprise.

I've really gotten myself in trouble this time.

I used my good arm to reach inside my satchel, my fingers clumsily running over the several items I have collected and borrowed. I finally found the two items I was looking for and flung them into my lap.

"Show yourself, coward!" The man yelled out to me again, this time more aggressive.

"One moment, sir!" I yelled back sarcastically as I hastily applied the bandages to my arm.

I tore the white cloth of the bandages with my teeth, making a ripping sound, and making my teeth ache. I dropped the bandages and went to tie the bandages up.

"I know I scraped you pretty bad, why don't you come out so I can help you?" The man laughed, and I heard the sinister sound of him pulling back an arrow.

I rolled my eyes and reached my good arm over my shoulder to grab my bow. It stung to move my arm- but I had no other choice than to fight back. If I run, then he'll shoot me down.

It hurt like hell to pull the string back and hold the arrow steady. My arm shook as I bit my lower lip to distract myself with a different pain. Strands of my h/c hung over my eyes, making me blow it back into place.

"Yeah, I could use some help actually," I smirked, my voice shaking, but still proud as I stood up and leaned against the tree.

The rough bark dug into my skin and my heart raced. Adrenalin rushed through my body as I pulled a wooden arrow from behind my back.

"Oh good, I was worried I would have to kill you- Oof!"

I jumped out from behind the tree and managed to get a stable footing. I pull the arrow back and held my breath to try to make my shot as clean as possible. I released the arrow and rolled backward and started sprinting through the thick wood.

The man's cries could be heard from far out. His screams for help and scream of pain made my ears want to bleed as I jumped over logs and ducked under low hanging branches. I tried to look at my surrounding to piece together where I was, but it was just faint blurs of yellow and red leaves.

I ran until I could barely breathe, and fell back onto the soft leaves of the forest floor. The impact of my graceful fall caused the yellow and red leaves to fly around me. I closed my eyes and chucked. I felt safe enough now to rest. That weak man's yelps no longer infected my ears, and I couldn't hear the sound of horseshoes dashing through the forest towards me.

My arm was still injured. Lucky for me the bleedy seemed to stop, but my arm felt numb. It hurt to move it too much. I worried that it might get infected if I lay down for too long, so I sat up and sighed.

I always go through so much trouble for these damn rich people paying me to find useless garbage like this crystal.

My dirty gloved hands reached into my pocket to grab the glowy purple crystal that witches and wizards normally use. I have no clue why the great lord of the southern kingdom, Endeavor, would want such a thing. The pay is good though, so I didn't ask any questions when I was tasked with stealing this.

I know most people would be jealous if they knew what I did for a living. Kings, queens, lords- they all pay me to do illegal deads for them. Of course, the public would have an outrage if they knew what their rules did behind the closed doors of their castles. That's why every time a normal citizen asks me what I do, I say I'm a trader.

I live a dirty life- sure. Definitely not what younger me wanted. But I have no other choice. I can't return home after what happened. I don't want to risk being stoned in the streets again. I don't want to flee again.

I'm doing all I can for now. But I certainly had no plans of quitting anytime soon. 

I huffed as I stood up, shoving my filthy hands into my satchel, trading the crystal I had stolen for my trusty compass. I flipped the steel cover upwards and studied which way the needle was pointing. The thin red needle pointed south-west.

I smiled to myself. I ran in the exact direction the southern kingdom is. Well, look at little old me, knowing where I'm going. That's new.

I untied my hood from around my waist and wrapped the dark coat over myself. The hood was huge and shadowed most of my face. Which was exactly what I wanted. People find it to be "unlady-like" when women wear pants. I've been turned down from the city's when I show up in my normal attire. Like hell I'm going to wear a dress to rob and hurt people. That's too difficult.

I stared down at my compass and my feet follow the needle mindlessly. My boots made the leaves crunch and scare away any small creatures that happen to be strolling through the woods. The mid-day sun reflected off the dusty glass of my compass. The wind gently blew on my face and cooled me off.

Late fall had turned into my favorite time of the year. It is so calming. So peaceful. 

Lord Endeavor should be paying me enough to last me through two moons. I smiled the whole way to the kingdom thinking about that.

Soon I heard the sound of horses and bustling people yapping and gossiping as I neared a clearing. I peaked my head out of the dark bushes and saw lines of people standing in front of the gates. Everyone was pushed together, shoulders brushing up against each other. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. The southern kingdom was always busy, but never this busy.

Crowds don't slow me down though. Lord Endeavor gave me a fast pass into the kingdom to be escorted straight to his castle and given my reward. Whenever Lord Endeavor gives me a task I am treated well. One time I was even invited to a feast as a special guest.

I lowered my hood and ducked down so I could move through the crowd unnoticed. The only thing I enjoyed about that was the gossip that I was able to overhear. The only thing that piqued my interest was hearing that King All Might has taken on an apprentice. From the royal army, at that.

That could have been me.

King All Might has never called upon me to complete a task for him. I guess because he's king and all, but come on, not once as he asked me or anyone in my profession for help.

"You hold it," a tall guard instructed me, holding his hand out in my face.

I did as told. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a scroll. The other guards glared over at me surprised and I lowered my head.

The guard snatched the scroll from my hands, and I could hear the person behind sigh in annoyance.

"Why are all these people here, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked, keeping my head down.

The guard looked up from the scroll, obviously confused about how I have a special order from the Lord.

"Dragon's burnt down the far forest," the guard responded, handing the scroll back to me.

"Most of these people are refugees who are trying to find a place to stay," he told me, and I furrowed my brows.

The dragons have been awfully aggressive lately. I worry that a war might break out. That would make it extra hard to travel through human land, and work harder to find.

I nodded as the gate opened for me, the giant wood and metal bars rasing up into the stone walls that protected the inner city.

"Thank you very much, sir," I bowed to him before trotting through the gate, a skip in my step as I pictured that shiny gold that would soon be in my hands.

The citizens of the inner city looked nervous and worried. I could feel that the tensions were high. I kept my head low as two guards came to my side to personally escorted me to the castle.

The dragons have always been a pest for the southern people. While the dragons did have an alliance with humans- it had been slowly started to break in these past few years. No one who sees dragons come out unscathed. Some people have tried to walk into the dragon territory, but none have walked out alive.

Dragons are incredibly territorial. They like what they know belongs to them. I bet a dragon would even get mad if someone dared to look at their land. That's why I would never try to climb the dragon peaks. Only fools dream of reaching those cold peaks.

I have never personally seen a dragon- only stories of the nasty things. Most of them are fairytales. Like of the ones my mother would tell me about dragons locking princess away in towers- the princess's waiting for their prince to come to save them.

I shook my head. I don't like to think about my family.

They betrayed me.

"Holt!"

I looked up to see a white horse standing right in front of me, with several guards surrounding it.

Sat on top of the horse was no other than Endeavors son, Prince Shoto.

I sighed. I have met him several times before. We have never gotten along with each other. Prince Shoto does not approve of my career. He always looks down on me with his one blue eye and one brown eye. I find him to be a nag.

"Y/n L/n. We meet again," he blandly greeted me.

"Greetings, Prince Shoto," I bowed, the two heavily armored guards beside me doing the same.

The wind blew his red and white hair over his eyes, his gaze focused on me. "My father would like to apologize for not being able to deliver your reward personally. He has been busy since last night."

Prince Shoto was a serious kind of person. He got straight to the point and didn't like small talk. If I had to pick one thing about him that I like, it would have to be that. His father is very similar in that sense. Though Shoto is not as cold-hearted as his father is. Shoto will never hire me once he becomes king. He might even turn me in.

"No need for Lord Endeavor to apologize. I understand completely," I stood up again, "I have brought the crystal your father asked for."

I reached into my satchel and pulled out the glamorous jewel. I had to restrain myself from asking why his father wanted such a useless item. I never get to ask questions. 

Prince Shoto nodded to one of his guards, and that guard held out his hand to me. The guard held a small bag in his other hand. The two guards behind him held a decorative locked chest. Dazzling jewels sparkling in the sunlight and blinding anyone to looked directly at it.

This must have not been some average crystal. No wonder that man was so upset...

I handed the guard the crystal and watched as they secured it in the chest.

The handsome prince held out a brown cloth sack, which I greedily took to count my gold. Pulling the strings to open it, I noticed my full reward was not in the bag. This is only half of what I was told I would receive.

"Prince Shoto, I hope this isn't some kind of trick," I furrowed up at him, my tone low and serious.

Geeze, I almost sounded like him.

"My father can not give you the amount he spoke he would. After the attack, he isn't able to give away any funds. But instead, he would like to give some information that would be useful to you," the prince informed me, making me huff in annoyance at his usual dull voice.

That's so like the Todoroki family.

"Yes, I'm sure this information will be able to pay for my food and shelter. I was looking forward to that gold, you know!" My lips crinkled and I crossed my arms at the prince.

My angry response did not sit well with his guards. They pulled swords from their belts, ready to attack. I was not fazed by their threats though. Prince Shoto would not let them attack me. He knew not to let his father's precious criminal get killed.

"This information my father in providing you will keep you alive, L/n. I wouldn't be so hostile if I were in your situation. You can take the information or leave it. It's your choice," he sat up straighter as his horse stirred.

If this stuck-up prince knew what I wanted to do to him he wouldn't be talking down to me like that. He would never understand what it's like to fight for every meal. He sits up all pretty in his father's castle. Riches pilled up at both of his sides as he eats a prepared meal made by the highest of high-class chefs. Spoiled brat.

"Fine. What information is so valuable that it is worth eighty pieces of gold, your highness," I smirked with naiveness, rolling my eyes, thinking I was cleaver.

This is such a waste of time.

"Don't get smart with me. You are in danger, Y/n. The king's personal army has found out about your job. So far they only know about your deals with Lord Hawks. I suggest that you hide out of human land. Possibly with the elves, at least for a while."

I scuffed, "you ratted me out, didn't you?"

The prince shook his head and handed me a scroll- well- smacked me in my face with the scroll. "I do not want to argue with you, Y/n. This scroll is from my father. Just take my advice and hide."

He ordered the guards to escort me out of the city and out to the very edge of the southern kingdom. I know I looked pathetic pouting the whole way. But I was infuriated. I only get half of my reward and then told that the royal army is hunting me down.

I haven't even made any deals with Lord Hawks in moons! I hope they arrest him and lock him away to rot. The deals he made with me were never fair. The only reason I took them was that I was desperate the last time I did a task for him.

"Miss L/n, we will have to cross some dangerous land, I hope you are prepared if anything goes wrong," the white-haired guard riding his horse next to me stated, and then turned back to the empty lifeless land beyond the stream in front of us.

I lifted my hood to see the unexpected. Beyond the stream was devastation. Brightly colored trees were nowhere in sight. Everything was black with soot. The grass had turned to ash and the only remains of trees were black stumps and tall pointed branchless trees.

My e/c widened at the horrific sight. I remember their once being a lush forest around this stream. But now there is just... death.

But the Dragon Peaks still stood tall above it all. The white snow frosting the high tips of the rocks. I wondered for a moment if dragons are lurking up there right now. Watching their new land with careful slitted eyes.

Smoke still filled the air and it made it hard to see across the black plains. Small sparks still flickered throughout where the forest once was.

"This is... All from the dragons?" I questioned, ordering my horse to go forward a few steps.

"Yes. We will have to cross a part of it to get to elven land."

I hide the real face I wanted to make. Fear. 

Did these men know no better? Was this truly the safest route to eleven lands? It couldn't be. Riding through a swamp be better than this. Perhaps these men knew nothing about dragons. Maybe they were spared from the wives-tails of the fearsome scaled creatures.

But, instead of fighting back, I just nodded and made my horse follow at the back of the group. Even if I did protest- what could I really do? My chances were better with these guards than being on my own. I should be thankful these kind men have decided to help me.

The horses kicked the soot up behind us, and the blackened twigs cracked. I clutched the dark hood closed to me, caressing the silver pendant for comfort. I felt like something was wrong. Something wasn't right.

I kept looking off over the dark hills and up to the high mountains. This was all burned just last night. Noting still stood. The farther I looked, the more depressed I became. Ruined remains of homes still stood. But no one would ever live in them again. 

The guards' horses stopped suddenly. I pulled the reigns back on my horse to a holt and lowered my head to men in front of me.

"L/n, would you please get off your horse?" One of the guards asked, to which I replied, "why? We are in the middle of a dangerous land. I don't want to-" "Now, peasant!"

A guard pushed me down off my horse, falling into the warm soot. My horse neighed in panic and stood up on its hind legs. I tried to push myself off the ground, but the guard kicked me in the mouth with his sharp toed boot.

I felt blood roll down my chin, a definite bruise left on my cheek. I swiped my hand over the wound, thick red liquid smeared on my hand. 

I flinched hearing the sharp sound of a sword being pulled out of its iron holster. The guards laughed as I fell on my back, holding my forearms in front of my face to protect me.

I should have known it was a trick.

"Your highness sents his condolences, but you have become too large of a liability. You must be removed."

I closed my eyes. I knew this job would get me killed at some point. I just didn't think it would so soon. 

The sword must have been right over my neck. The blade ready to slice. I had never been so close to death. But that would not be the last time I would be that close to the edge.

Because that time the sword did not cut me. It did not even skim over my s/c skin. I did not scream. But the guards did. 

I opened my eyes to see the guards hop on their horses and ride back towards the city. I sat up, confused about why they spared the pathetic life that I didn't even deserve. 

Then I heard wings flapping and felt a warm rush of wind blow my h/w hair in front of my face. I felt my heart sink into my gut hearing a roar.

I stood up and stared at the huge creature flying above my head with disbelieve.

The creature was a dragon.

A red dragon.

I started to run, trying to remember the way back to the city. I tried to dodge fallen trees and piles of waste, but the biggest issue was my own fear making me trip over my feet. But I could not stop, I had to try to go.

I ended the day like I started the day. Running. Except for this time, I couldn't outrun the dragon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 226 14
๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ค.๐›๐š๐ค๐ฎ๐ ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ ๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ.. ...
161K 5.8K 14
โโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ค ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘ก?โž โ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘‘*๐‘š๐‘› ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘˜๐‘ข.โž ...
627K 18.8K 30
โ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘'๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘’.โž โ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Žโ„Ž, ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ก.โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๏ฟฝ...
2M 62.8K 69
๊—ƒ ๐ค. ๐›๐š๐ค๐ฎ๐ ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐: ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–/๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•/๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐: ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ/๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘/๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ !๐ค๐š๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ค๐ข ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ! ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ...