GHOST OF YOU | BWS

By thevampsarecalling

When you lose someone you love, a part of yourself gets taken away. You are left with the ghost of who you on... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.

seventeen.

214 11 5
By thevampsarecalling

I have been sitting here, listening to my professor talk about whatever it is he is blathering about, my mind in a completely different space. I couldn't sleep last night as I recalled the events of the day. I had spent the entire night making up scenarios in my head, trying to come up with every single possibility now that Brad knows who I am and more importantly, why I am here. As well as a backup plan in case anything turned wrong. After what Brad said to me yesterday about his guilt and how much he cared about Charlie, I stupidly believed him, like the naive little girl he thinks I am. And he might be right to believe so. Because look at me now, sitting here wondering why he was not with Isaac and the rest of the gang this morning. How much of a coincidence can it be that the very next day he learns of my plan he's not where he is every single day of the week? I can't help but swear at myself for letting him figure out my plan, and letting him manipulate me into thinking he truly cares about my life when it's obvious that he ran to Reggie to tell him of my plan.

A text notification suddenly appears on my phone, making me almost jump out of my seat. The thought of what Reggie might do to me now that he probably knows has me on edge. I still have to figure a new plan out to get me out of this situation.

'Room 306. Don't make me wait'

I stiffen on my seat. Does Isaac know already? Has Brad told him everything about me? To be honest, I doubt it. His guys would have jumped me as soon as I stepped foot at uni this morning. But one can never be 100% certain. I gather my things and start making my way out of the room, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"Leaving so soon, miss Grant?", my professor says as he stops whatever he was saying and turns to me, almost at the door.

Talk about a discreet escape. I turn around to face him, knowing damn well the entire class is looking at me, whispering God knows what about me.

"I'm sorry Professor Clairmont, I have a-", I start to say before he finishes my sentence for me.

"Family emergency?", he says, his eyebrows furrowed.

Well I guess I won't be passing this class this semester. I don't try to find an excuse for myself, and simply apologize again before leaving the room. I walk towards room 306, trying the best I can to keep my breathing steady despite having no clue what fate awaits me in that room. When I enter the room, I am met with Isaac and three of his guys, only Brad is missing. I glance at Elly quickly and feel my blood turn to ice. Something in his eyes tells me I'd be dead right now if it wasn't for Brad, and he happens to not be here today. I quickly turn my attention back to Isaac. I am sure the four of them can hear my heartbeat at this point. Have they summoned me here to kill me? Beat me to death and leave my lifeless body here, in this very room? Or cut me into pieces and bury me in the woods? Is Elly going to finish what he started before they kill me? I swallow hard at the thought and force myself to not think about it.

"Are you gonna stand there all day or are you gonna start talking before I lose patience?", Isaac says blunty.

I guess my face betrayed my surprise and confusion as he adds:

"Where's my stash, Snow White?"

My body suddenly relaxes. Brad hasn't told him. Yet. Then I suddenly realize what he just asked me.

"I don't know", I answer as bluntly, his face distorting with anger. "I still have seven days to find out, don't I? I told you I'd get the location, and I will. You just have to trust me. Now if you'll excuse me, I was in the middle of a class", I add as I turn around and grab the door handle only to be pushed against the wall, a very angry Isaac in front of me, his hands against the wall on either side of my head. In fact his face is so close to mine that I can feel his jerky breath on my skin. I can't help but shiver at his closeness.

"Who exactly do you think pulls the chords here?", he said, bringing his face even closer to mine.

I turn my face to the side to avoid having to look at him so close to me, but just like Brad did a few weeks ago, he grabs my chin harshly with his hand.

"Do I need to remind you of your place here?", he spat at me. "You seem awfully confident for someone in your position. I know you're hiding something, Snow White", he adds and I feel like I'm about to faint.

Keep it together Joy, don't let them know they're right.

"I told you she's a rat", Elly says with a disgusted face.

My eyes move from Isaac to Elly behind him before turning back to Isaac. I can't let them think that. Not when I am that close to getting to Reggie.

"Are you?", Isaac tests me, his eyes clearly trying to read my mind.

I keep eye contact and don't lose composure. I will not let this explode before my eyes.

"Do you want your stash back or not?", I say, trying my hardest to not let my shakiness show.

Isaac stares at me for a long moment until his lips curl into a smile and he takes a step back from me. I feel like I can breathe again with him not so close to me anymore.

"You better not be playing us, Snow White", he says, his sly smile still on his lips. "You really don't want to find out what we'd do to you if you are"

By some miracle I managed to stand still while he threatened me. I want to run away and hide in my bed, the one place I feel safe. But I stay there, looking at him without moving an inch.

"We have an agreement, don't we? I'll get you your drugs, and you'll introduce me to your boss"

My reply only makes him smile more.

"Seven days. Time is ticking", he says before I leave the room.

It's only when I am out that I realize I have been holding my breath, and finally take a deep breath in. What am I doing? This is not how it was supposed to go. Pull it together, I repeat myself, trying not to have a nervous breakdown. I put my brave face on and decide to go back home. There's no way I can sit at a lecture after this. As I'm leaving the building, I hear someone call my name and I freeze at the thought that it's Isaac or one of his guys back to finish the job. It takes me too long to turn around, but when I finally do I see James jogging towards me and my body relaxes.

"I've been calling your name for five minutes", he says when he reaches me, almost out of breath after jogging all the way from the other side of the building.

"Sorry, I was lost in thoughts", I answer with an apologetic smile, which seems to make him laugh.

"What are you doing here? I didn't know you had classes in this building", he asks as we come to a stop and stand in the middle of the hallway.

"Oh, hm, yeah, I was supposed to meet a friend but apparently she forgot", I answer with an awkward laugh.

Apparently I'm not that bad of a liar as James doesn't question my lie.

"What kind of friends do you have?", he laughs. "Well maybe it's for the best, now I know you're free. Wanna do something?"

I can't help but smile at his eagerness. After what has just happened with Isaac, all I want is to be home. But not being alone right now also sounds pretty good.

"How about we have a movie night at my place?", I ask, surprising myself.

It's been long since I've done anything remotely normal. James smiles.

"Show me the way", he says and we walk out of the building.

We spend the entire walk to my apartment talking about the worst movies we could think of and agreeing to spend the night watching them and criticizing every dialogue. I was in the middle of telling him about that one scene in the first Twilight movie where Bella tells Edwards how much she despites rain when my eyes made contact with the group of tattooed guys in front of my apartment building. I froze immediately, bringing my arm to James's, making him stop and turn to me.

"Are you alright?", he asks, worry apparent on his face.

He follows my gaze and turns around before turning back to me.

"Joy-", he starts but I don't let him finish his sentence as I see Joaquin and a few of his guys walking towards us.

"I'm sorry James, we have to reschedule our movie night", I say, making him frown instantly.

"What's going-", he tries again, but I cut him off once more.

"You need to leave", I answer and he looks at me as if I've gone cuckoo.

He turns around again, noticing how close Joaquin and his guys are to us now, and turns back to me again.

"I'm not leaving you when there's a fucking gang in front of your door. Do you know those guys?", he asks and I don't answer; my brain is too focused on Joaquin's angry face. "Joy, are you in trou-", he asks just as Joaquin reaches us.

"Hi pretty face", he says, his eyes not moving from mine, as if testing me.

I force a smile and before I know it his lips are on mine. I have to fight the urge to push him away, and James' shocked glare on us doesn't make things any easier.

"Joy?", James asks when Joaquin finally lets go of my lips.

The look on his face is a mix of shock, disapproval and disappointment. How could it be otherwise, I have been lying to him for weeks.

"I don't think I've had the pleasure-", Joaquin says, nodding towards James and looking at him with killer eyes.

My heart is racing again in my chest. Can today turn any worse? What is it that they say, when it rains it pours?

"Oh sorry, this is my friend James", I say quickly, trying to bring the tension down. "James, this is Joa-", I continue but James cuts me off.

"What the fuck is going on Joy?", he says, bringing his eyes back to me after looking at Joaquin.

Joaquin grabs me by the waist and pulls me towards him in one swift move. The pressure of his fingers on my waist tells me he is not happy.

"Thank you for bringing my girl home safely, Jamie. The streets are not safe anymore, wouldn't you agree?", Joaquin says in a chilling tone.

He might not have directly threatened James, but his tone said as much.

"Joy, let's go", James says as he stretches his hand towards me.

I look at it for a second, suddenly feeling Joaquin's fingers dig even deeper into my waist, and I swallow the lump that has formed in my throat.

"You should go home", I say with reassuring eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow", I add hoping he will let it go and leave.

But something tells me he's not. Maybe it's the way he looks at Joaquin with pure hatred, or the way he looks at me, confused and protective.

"I'm not leaving until they're gone", he says and Joaquin laughs.

"Well, have a pleasant night then", Joaquin answers before turning us around and giving a look to his guys.

My heart stops when I realize what is about to happen. I try to turn around but Joaquin's grip on me is too strong.

"What are they gonna do to him?", I ask in a shaky voice, tears threatening to spill again.

When I hear James scream my name I can't hold them anymore.

"Please, he's my friend", I plead as Joaquin forces me onto the back seat of a car.

I barely have time to see James throwing a punch at one of the two guys with him before the car speeds off to God knows where.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1M 58.4K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 38.1K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...