Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

19.

1.7K 83 77
By halcyonedaysx

{.19. Obey}

Alcyone Montague had never been without her brothers or her dad at Christmas. Christmas 1976 was the first time she would be without them. She had been woken up by James quite early to run downstairs because he was excited. She knew she'd have no presents, it would be a miracle if Toby's owl had even found her here. She was just thankful she had sent Remus his present last night. She honestly didn't even think Christmas could be any worse.

She watched with a cup of tea as Sirius and James opened their presents and she smiled. She had wanted to floo back to her house to see her brothers or at least see if they were safe, hearing nothing from them was driving her insane especially because Caspian had said he'd come get her. She couldn't help but keep an eye on the window or hope that the fireplace would light up green and one of her brothers would saunter out of it.

"Alcyone, it's something small but Fleamont and I have a gift for you," Euphemia Potter said with a soft smile

"Oh, you really shouldn't have," she said with a small smile "thank you Mrs Potter," she said sincerely

Opening the present Ally smiled when she saw a framed picture of her parents in it. She looked up at Euphemia with a teary smile.

"Is this her?" She asked placing her fingers over her mother's face

Alcyone Montague had never seen a photo of her mother. Arcturus Montague hadn't left any around the house so she always imagined what she had looked like, but she looked almost exactly like Ally. She wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled as she stared at the moving picture of her parents dancing and looking so incredibly in love.

Arcturus Montague looked happy, she couldn't even think of a stronger word than happy because she felt so overwhelmed. She wrapped her arms tightly around Euphemia and cried softly into her shoulders. The past twenty-four hours had really caught up on her and the kindness she was met with after she had randomly turned up at the Potter's door was unmatched.

"Thank you so much Mr and Mrs Potter," ally sniffed

"That's alright Ally, that photograph was taken at a ball in Hogwarts during our last year. Everyone knew then that your parents would be married," Fleamont explained

Ally just smiled and she knew that she would cherish the picture deeply. James and Sirius cleared their throats after a few moments pulling Ally to sit with them. She was squeezed in between the two while Fleamont and Euphemia went to sort out the Christmas dinner.

Sirius moved to the side of the sofa and grabbed a box with a smile. She looked up at him and pulled a face, he chuckled and sat down next to her passing her the box. He looked at James and moved his head and James done the same back. Ally was very confused at what they were doing but she was guessing that they were communicating? She had no idea.

"Ok so, we know that last night was difficult for you but we haven't got you this present to just you know make you feel better. We had bought it before," Sirius said

"Over the past few months we've really valued your friendship Ally so just open the present and we hope you like it," James said holding her hand

Ally opened the box with the hand that she had free to reveal a beautiful locket. She opened it and saw a picture of the four marauders spread across it. She laughed but she loved the design on the front which was in the shape of a constellation that she couldn't quite work out and she thought that the sentiment behind it was really bloody lovely.

She smiled at the boys and tied it round her neck. She didn't even want to think about what their reactions would be when they realised she hadn't got any of them anything except Remus.

Oh gosh Remus, what if he had sent a letter and his owl couldn't find her? What if her brothers found the letter? She couldn't believe it and the thought was making her feel so incredibly anxious. James and Sirius noticed that and wrapped their arms around her.

"Want to tell Uncle Prongs and Uncle Padfoot what's wrong?" James asked

"I did not get you guys anything," she said "well I got Remus a prese—"

"You got Moony, our Moony, Remus John Lupin a Christmas present?" Sirius asked almost sounding a mixture between appalled and excited

"Well I didn't buy it as such but I made him a present, he doesn't like the moon! Sirius you know how beautiful the moon is I vividly remember you telling me when you were younger how much you and Reggie loved it!" She exclaimed "anyway I thought if I gave him reasons to love the moon maybe he'd start to view it in a different light,"

Both James and Sirius' expressions softened. Sirius thought it was an extremely kind thing for her to do even though he knew that Remus would more than likely never tell Ally that he was a werewolf if he didn't need to but Sirius had a feeling deep down that Ally and Remus did like each other. He wanted Remus to allow Ally the chance to just prove to him that he was worthy of being in a relationship but he knew that Remus and his self-deprecating persona would never allow it.

He understood, Sirius did but he also wished that Remus just gave Ally the chance. She had a heart of gold and Sirius knew that, she would do anything for anyone but he knew that neither Ally nor Remus would ever make a first move or acknowledge their feelings if they wouldn't be pushed in the right direction.

James on the other hand took a very different opinion and thought that it was nice that Ally was becoming friendly with Remus. He knew that ally had been incredibly shy before and for her to make friends with Remus by herself was something he felt incredibly proud of. He also knew that Ally and Remus had found refuge in each other without knowing, they were both different and both had the same fears so they could relate to each other more than most. Obviously Ally didn't know about Remus but he had always known that they'd both understand each other more than they had probably thought.

"That was really nice of you but if we don't get hand made presents next year then I don't even want to be your friend anymore," Sirius  teased

"James, Sirius, Ally, the Christmas dinner is ready loves," 

Sirius ran into the kitchen and James stayed behind with ally. He gave her a small smile as he gestured for her to walk in front before stopping her and smiling.

"Ally I'm really glad that you're here. Your brothers will be here soon and I just want to let you know that you're always welcome here I promise," he said "until the very end," he added

"Thanks Jamie," she smiled "until the very end, always and forever," she whispered

Ally Montague was grateful that she had such a good friend.

***

Over in Montague Mansion, the brothers and Arcturus Montague were in a panic after last night. They hadn't even sat down for Christmas presents or their annual Christmas breakfast. It was now three in the afternoon and the prospect of having dinner at this moment in time was non-existent. The mood in the air was tense, Arcturus Montague had a glass of apple juice in a whiskey tumbler as he desperately needed a drink. Perseus had sent a howler, furious, at the thought of Ally and Caspian being put into a dangerous situation. Oberon wasn't any better, he had been part of the auror team to arrive and seeing that four muggles had died and numerous others were injured had shaken him completely.

Wolf wasn't feeling much better with himself, he was furious that Caspian hadn't stayed with Ally. That was their one order and their one order only, yet he hadn't listened to it.

"Caspian why did you not stay with Cece, she is the youngest and she was your responsibility!" Wolf snarled

"And leave you all there to get in trouble by yourselves? You're my brothers, I would never leave you there!" Caspian shouted back

"And what about Cece? Did you not once stop to think that she would be terrified with you leaving and not picking her up last night?" Wolf asked

"Let's not fall out, I think Oberon should go and get AllyCat and I'll stay here with dad and you two can sort out your differences," Atlas interjected

The air was tense. Arcturus truly had no idea how to truly have authority over the brothers, he hadn't had authority over any of them for so long, Perseus had. Perseus Montague may have been the oldest child but he truly acted like he was in charge of the siblings and he had always known exactly how to calm situations and knew how to mediate between the siblings. Arcturus felt out of his bloody depth.

There was a scratching on the window and Oberon opened it as he was closest. He grabbed the parcel and smiled before turning to his brothers.

"For Cece," he said placing the parcel and letter under the tree "Where is she?" He asked

"Potter cottage," Caspian mumbled causing Oberon to nod and leave the room without another word.

***

Over at Potter Cottage they were playing Muggle games. Ally had no idea what she was doing if she was being honest but Fleamont was helping her when he could and she was absolutely loving it. James had been teasing her saying that Fleamont was wrapped around her finger because she was literally the only girl to ever set foot in the Potter Cottage and they already saw her like a daughter.

Christmas dinner had been lovely, the turkey was cooked marvellously and the option of having Welsh lamb on the side had truly captured Ally's heart. Dessert was brilliant too, chocolate cake with the most chocolatey runny icing possible, covered in strawberries. Ally felt like she was in love.

The fireplace lit up green and out walked Oberon Montague. Ally squealed and ran to her brother wrapping her arms tightly around him — she didn't give him a chance to recover from exiting the fireplace. He grinned and picked her up from the floor smoothing her hair down.

"I was so worried about you," she whispered

"Me too sweetie, I'm ok though and so are you. You're safe. You've been so good little flower," he reassured her placing her back down on the floor, with a kiss to the forehead

The reason Ally loved having so many brothers was because she always had different ones to turn to and while Oberon was serious and constantly teasing her, he knew how best to treat her in a crisis and he knew that she needed to be reassured right now.

Who bloody wouldn't? She was dumped on a doorstep of people she was only recently close with while four of her five brothers were fighting against Merlin knows what? She was nearly of age and just because she was a baby in comparison to someone like Sirius doesn't mean she should have been left on her own to overthink all the possible scenarios that could have happened last night.

Oberon was furious at Caspian for just leaving her but he'd never make Caspian feel bad. He would have done the same if he knew that three of his siblings were in trouble, he'd always protect them. They'd made a vow to each other years ago that they would look out for each other always and forever.

Ally turned and smiled at James and Sirius. She had known they'd met him before but she felt awfully protective in case they hadn't liked him.

"Boys, Mr and Mrs Potter this is my second oldest brother Oberon, he's an Auror in the ministry," she explained

Oberon shook Fleamont's hand and kissed Euphemia's, he was ever the charmer. He kept his arm tightly around Ally as if something would happen to her if he let go of her.

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Potter for looking after Cece last night, I can imagine seeing her on the door step was quite the shock so thank you," he said sincerely

"Oh don't be silly, Ally is a darling. She's been an absolute delight," euphemia said "it was quite nice having another girl here if I'm honest," she smiled

"Would you like a turkey sandwich son? There's plenty here," Fleamont asked

Oberon looked at Ally slightly unsure but she nodded indicating that he was alright and they were fine. Oberon smiled and nodded taking a seat next to Sirius on the sofa.

He gave a smile to sirius and ruffled his hair. Sirius gave the loudest gasp and scowled at Oberon.

"How dare you?" He gasped

Oberon laughed at Sirius, the two boys had always gotten on. Without knowing Oberon was someone that Sirius has previously looked up to, he was everything that Sirius wanted to become. He wanted to be an auror, to be cool, to radiate badass vibes. Oberon Montague was an idol to Sirius and Oberon Montague would never know it.

"Hope Cece hasn't been too much trouble for you both boys, I know she's most unpleasant," Oberon teased

"Oberon! I'll have you know that I'm a delight!" She hissed

"Yeah course you are sweets, you don't need to lie to me. A parcel came for you as well when we get home," he added

"Busy night last night Oberon?" Fleamont Potter asked

Oberon nodded and ran a hand over his face, he couldn't describe the fear he had felt when he had a tip off about something happening at the pureblood ball. The thought that his family had been there unprotected sent him into a frenzy.

Let alone when he realised that Ally literally never took her wand anywhere and she couldn't have even apparated to get somewhere else. It terrified him. Last night Oberon Montague felt like his Boggart had come true. Nobody had known what Oberon Montague's boggart was he had always been too embarrassed to say but he had realised not being to protect his siblings was his worst fear and he never wanted that fear again.

Euphemia passed Oberon his sandwich and he engaged in conversation with Fleamont about potions and auror training — finding out more information for both James and Sirius — while Ally ran upstairs to get her dress. She grabbed her dress and shoes and managed to levitate her things downstairs. Now technically she wasn't meant to be doing magic outside of school but because Oberon and Wolf worked in the ministry and Perseus being at Hogwarts, the family had a certain amount of sway in the ministry which allowed them privileges for Ally practicing wandless magic outside of Hogwarts.

She never abused it but it came in handy when she knew that she needed to like shooting a jelly legs Jinx at the dickheads who tried to throw a curse at Caspian and herself. She walked down the stairs her items in tow and grinned seeing James look at her completely puzzled.

"How can you do magic outside Hogwarts? You're not seventeen?" He asked

"It's wandless, my brothers pulled some strings at the ministry," she explained grabbing her things from the air into her arms

"Brilliant that makes sense," James mumbled

Ally passed Oberon her dress and he frowned as he saw the state of it.

"Is this damage from last night? They said that you weren't hurt Cece," he scowled

"Obey I wasn't hurt just a few scratches, I promise. Casp tackled me to the ground that's all, I promise. Are you ready to go?" She asked

Oberon nodded and shook Fleamont and Euphemia's hands once more. Before getting into the fireplace, ally hugged Euphemia and Fleamont thanking them for allowing her to stay the night and they made her promise she'd come back to visit soon. She liked the thought of that, she liked the idea of having a motherly figure in her life.

She hugged James and Sirius tightly. She had never appreciated the two more than ever, especially James. She kissed both their cheeks before she stepped into the fireplace with her brother as he called out Montague Mansion. They arrived out of the fireplace to Wolf and Caspian screaming at each other.

Ally looked up to see her dad with his head in his hands shaking his head.

"He is not your priority Caspian, Cece was!"

"I love him!" Caspian roared causing Arcturus to look up and Ally to drop the clothes she was holding in fright "I went back for Regulus because I love him," Caspian said now slightly quieter

Ally walked up to Caspian and wrapped her arms around him so her head was on his back. Caspian just held her hands and cried as Wolf walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.

"It's ok Casp, you're ok," she whispered

Caspian didn't think anything would ever be ok again. However, it didn't matter because Ally knew she'd be there for her brothers more than the moon always and forever.

***

Unedited

Updates might be more staggered as I have to finish my dissertation and my uni stuff because that is more important.

Please comment and vote on this so I know your thoughts!

See you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 567 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
464K 16.2K 29
. ❝ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. ❞ ❝ I'M AFRAID I ...
720K 21.9K 50
𝚂𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 "𝚞𝚜" '𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:...
15.9K 754 12
I didn't expect to be Rita Skeeter, let alone to make friends and fall in love. I didn't want to be part of this plot or part of this amazing family...