The Suitors: A BTS fanfic

By yoongis_bucket_hat

They all wanted you--needed you. Your suitors. And they weren't afraid to make it known. The sons of the most... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
EPILOGUE

13

1.2K 80 6
By yoongis_bucket_hat

Yoongi POV

The hallways were bustling with people, even this late at night. Most likely in preparation for the winter festival the day after tomorrow. I dreaded the thought. Should I even go? Will I be seen as suspicious for not attending? My thoughts buzzed, but I was pulled out of them when I saw a passing man that I slightly recognized. I didn't know his name, but he was a knight. I had seen him around y/n a lot and wondered if he was her personal guard.

I told myself I wasn't going to say anything. I shouldn't say anything. But as if my entire body reacted without my mind's permission, I stopped the man. "Excuse me," I started.

The man slowed his set pace and looked at me in the eyes. "Yes, Sir Yoongi?"

He knew my name? He must be a personal guard for the princess to know of all her suitors. Good. "Are you a knight of the princess's?"

He nodded. "Yes, I am her personal guard."

"I heard rumors of an attempt on her life?" I questioned, not quite knowing what to say to learn more about her protection.

The knight paused for a moment. I had forgotten some of the other rumors I had heard: That the king and queen were denying anything had even happened. "The princess is safe under the knight's guard. We would never let anything happen to her." The guard responded evasively.

I shook my head, understanding that he wasn't allowed to say anymore. "So, she is well-watched over? Well protected?" I asked, feeling my pesky emotions rising up from the bottom of my stomach again.

The knight gave a soft smile. "Of course."

I cleared my throat, not wanting to give off the impression that I was so very concerned for her safety. "Very well then, thank you." I said with a more aloof tone than before. The knight nodded and began to walk away. "Wait," I stopped him once again, "What was your name?"

"Hoseok," he responded.

This time it was my turn to give him a nod, and we both continued walking in our opposite directions.

Hobi POV

What an odd interaction. Of course, being one of the suitors, he should be concerned for the princess's safety, but asked if she was being well protected and watched over as if something has yet to happen. Maybe he was just cautious. Maybe he just cared about her. I can relate.

Yoongi POV

I didn't really have a destination in mind for my stroll around the castle, but the hour had grown quite late, and the hallways were now vacant. Now that there were no curious eyes, I felt much more comfortable exploring the castle. I turned down a corridor that brought back many memories. Along the wall were the tall doors that lead into the ballroom where I had first met y/n.

I walked slowly, my hands folded behind my back until I reached the entry way, extending my hand and softly pushing the doors open. Because it was late, the ballroom was dark, but a few candles scattered around the room lit it dimly. It was eerie to walk in the now silent and still room that once held so many guests. I liked it, though. Then, I saw it. A grand piano sitting in the corner. I had not seen it the night of the ball due to the sheer amount of people in attendance, but now, there it sat in all its glory. Calling for me.

y/n POV

Your nights had been restless recently, so you frequently tossed and turned in hopes to get just a few hours of rest. But, that night, when you awoke ever so briefly to readjust yourself, you questioned your sanity. Was that... music? Your eyes flickered open and you rubbed them, your body telling you to lay back down, but your mind too curious too sleep. Now you were sure, you heard music coming from somewhere outside your door.

Your legs swung over the side of your bed before you could make up your mind. You pulled on a cloak but didn't have time for slippers. Your bare feet pattered on the cold floors as you walked silently down the empty corridor, following your ear to the sound of music. Your heart raced. Music was a rarity in the castle. The night of the ball you had barely gotten to enjoy it before the incident.

As you came closer to the source, you realized it was coming from inside the ballroom. It was dark inside, and a tinge of fear ran through your heart, but also excitement. Who was your mystery pianist who played so beautifully in the middle of the night while the rest of the castle slept? You stopped in the doorway, squinting your eyes to see who it was. All you could make out in the dim light was a man sitting in front of the piano, playing it with his entire being. His body swayed into each key and looked like one with the music that it created.

You walked farther into the large room, the sound cascading off of the walls in such a heavenly way it made you want to cry. You wanted the man to play forever, but the cold night air made your nose run. You sniffled, yanking him out of his daze. The music stopped as the man turned around.

You gasped quietly. It was Yoongi. His face illuminated by candlelight, he looked at you with an intense stare. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. I just heard the music and couldn't help my curiosity."

His head tilted slightly, considering your words. "I'm sorry if I woke you." He replied, his deep voice just as alluring as you remembered.

"No, please don't be." You walked towards him, coming to a halt next to the piano. He continued to sit, watching you with heavy eyes. "You play so beautifully. Will you play more for me?" You asked desperately. You wanted to feel his music up close.

He swallowed and turned his gaze back towards the black and white keys in front of him. He scooted over ever so slightly, silently inviting you to sit next to him. You smiled and took the place beside him, your bodies just barely touching at your sides. His hands reached up for the keys, and he began to play.

It was like you had been taken away from this reality. The song he played was so filled with emotion, so elegant as it traveled through the air, it made your ears buzz with delight. You looked down to his long, pale fingers as they traveled from key to key at an unbelievable speed. How could he remember all of this? You concluded that he in fact was one with the music. He breathed steadily, just below the sound of the piano, and it lulled you into a state of complete relaxation. Your eyes felt heavy. Your head bobbed up and down with sleep, you hardly noticed when the music ceased.

"You need sleep, princess."

Your eyes opened and again and you took a sharp breath. "I promise I'm not tired, please keep playing for me." You whined.

He chuckled breathily. "I'll play for you another time."

You looked to him with sad eyes. "Promise?"

He smiled with teeth; a gorgeous, big smile that showed him gums. "I promise, princess."

The two of you stood, and naturally, you snaked your arm around his, linking arms as the two of you exited the ballroom in the direction of your chambers. "I haven't seen you in so long, Yoongi." You glanced over at him for just a second. "I've missed you," you whispered so softly you debated if he even heard it.

"I'm sorry, princess. I've been busy. I'll try and see you more." He slowed his pace just a little. "I've missed you too." His voice so quiet that even though there was no one else in the hallway and not a sound in the entire castle, you almost didn't catch it. But you were sure he said it.

"Promise I'll see you more?" You yawned.

Another chuckle came from his lips, sounding just as musical as the sounds that once filled the ballroom. "I promise."

When you reached your doors, you turned to him, your faces close now due to the entanglement of your arms. "Thank you for the music." Your heart pounded.

The two of you drew closer, a small feeling of panic in the bottom part of your heart. You had never kissed anyone. Was this about to be your first? Your faces were so close that you could feel his soft breath on your lips. You closed your eyes, prepared to be kissed by the man that occupied your thoughts, but felt a sudden pull back, and a retraction of his arm.

"You're welcome," he stepped backward. "Goodnight, princess."

He began to walk away. You felt like you had whiplash. "Wait." You stammered. The man paused and looked back at you, his eyes guilty, knowing exactly what he had done. "Why do you do this to me, Yoongi? One second you're the most charming man ever, primed and ready for me to love, and the next it's as if your emotions have ceased altogether!"

He breathed heavily, his brows knitting together. "I told you once and I'll tell you again, you will not fall in love with me and I not with you."

You felt helpless. "But why?" You begged, taking a pleading step towards him. "I know I'm young and my heart knows so little, but you pull me in like the tide every time I see you, only to push me away a second later." You stopped your feet in front of him, looking up into his eyes. "You said once that I occupy your thoughts? Well you do the same to mine. Why do you seem to despise me still?"

He looked down at you, eyes swirling with emotion. He backed away once again. "I think it would be best if we didn't see each other again."

His words were like daggers. You felt tears rise in your eyes, threatening to spill over. "What?" you sniffled.

"This is goodbye for now, y/n."

You were angry and sad and confused, but even still when your name rolled off his tonged your heart skipped. He turned and resumed walking. You looked for words, but your mouth had become so dry. "Yoongi!" you called, wanting more than anything for him to turn around. "Yoongi!" You cried out again. Please, just please turn around.

But he didn't. And he left you to cry yourself back to restless sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 3.7K 23
Being locked up in a government facility wasn't exactly her idea of a good time. However, far from what she ever expected, a handsome man showed up...
Temporals By AURA

Fanfiction

207 17 13
* Part 1 of my Temporal series * BTS OT7 x Female MC * Not your regular omegaverse AU * Rae is a 36-year old single mom, heir to her father's busine...
Dreaming By 💜

Fanfiction

2.1K 236 83
"Is this actually real?" You ask your best friend. "Absolutely. And I'm glad it is." ----- Welcome to a time of change. A different air to breathe...
29.9K 1.3K 41
--- He's once a bully. You're once a poor girl. He keeps bullying you and you're clever enough to dodge his traps. Until something happened and mad...