Hidden Desire // Nicholas Scr...

Od ladymonterosa

Nicholas and Amelia have been best friends all their lives but the arrival of a new student will bring out lo... Více

PROLOGUE
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
EPILOGUE

2

1.1K 12 0
Od ladymonterosa

Pov Amelia 

So do you confirm you're there tonight? ''

"Yes, Nick."

He walked over to me gave me a kiss on the cheek and said pointing with his eyes at Matthew '' I think now you have to go your new blond friend is waiting for you. ''

I gave Nicholas a dirty look that silenced him completely.

'' See you tonight in your room. ''

I took the bag and walked over to Matthew.

"So ready for the big tour?"

He replied in the affirmative with a smile.

'' Anyway I'm Amelia '' I stretched out my hand to him '' nice to meet you ''.

'' Believe me the pleasure is all mine. He took it promptly.

He loosened our handshake by asking me 'do you want me to carry your bag? Seeing it from this distance I could say that it is not so comfortable to wear. ''

'' You are really nice but it's not really necessary ... '' he didn't let me finish the sentence as he took charge of my things and invited me to start our tour.

***

After an hour and a half we conclude our little tour arriving at the dorms.

I told him pointing with my finger '' that corridor leads to the male dormitories while for the female ones you have to take the corridor to the right. ''

"I got it. ''

In this time in which I met Matthew I have perceived that he is an extremely kind and polite person.

'' Amelia can you take away my curiosity? ''

I wonder what she could possibly ask me, I replied '' sure ''.

'' Amelia how long have you been attending the Academy of Invisible Arts? ''

From the age of 8.

He made a surprised face.

I started laughing '' yeah! I've been here for a long time. ''

There was a moment of silence and then he asked me "would you like to have dinner with me tonight, you know I wouldn't want to be alone because I don't know anyone but you"

Mortified I replied '' I'm sorry but tonight I already have a commitment ''.

With a sad smile he said, "Don't apologize, I don't want to be the cause of trouble between you and your boyfriend. Let me tell you I saw you first and I think you make a really nice couple."

Which boyfriend are you talking about because I know for sure that I currently have no one and never had one.

Who knows why you think I have him?

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"

He with an embarrassed expression replied "I'm referring to that boy with hair you talked to before going to school together, I still remember the look he gave me when we left together."

When he realized that he had thought that Nick and I were a couple it makes me laugh.

Matthew even more embarrassed than before running a hand through his hair said "Since I see from your reaction to what I said I understand I was wrong."

"Nicholas is my best friend all my life, he's like a brother to me."

He smiles at me and says "I can say that I have never been happier in my life that I was wrong about something".

A smile forms on my lips.

"I think you were also wrong about Nick giving you a bad look it's not like him doing it especially with someone he barely knows."

"Well on this I have to disagree perhaps before I made an error of evaluation on your status as a couple but I'm 100% sure that he doesn't like me and the reason is you."

I cannot say that I am surprised by all the strange behaviors that Nicholas has had these days such as the fact that he does not participate in this year's Lupercals, he no longer goes out at night to go to Dorian, also the fact that in class he is always distracted as if he was always on the clouds and now he has become pure possessive I wonder what is happening to him.

I have now decided to get to the bottom of the matter and tonight will be the ideal time to do so.

"Don't blame yourself for that. Nicholas isn't bad he's just very protective of me, you see since we were little the two of us have always been very close so I think he feels he has to protect me somehow."

"Don't worry, I didn't take it."

As a sign of gratitude, I smile shyly. "Amelia, can I tell you something?"

"Sure tell me."

"From what little I have been able to see I think your friend Nicholas feels something more for you than you think I understand it in the way he looks at you."

What he's telling me is just ridiculous Nicholas doesn't feel that kind of affection for me he doesn't now and he never will. And with a sad look down he reiterated what I told him before that it is not true.

Even after answering him I still kept my gaze down, trying to hide the pain caused by those words spoken aloud to the best of my ability. Even though I had my gaze directed elsewhere, I could hear Matteo watching me.

"If what you say were true right now things would be very different, believe what I tell you."

With this simple statement I summarize my state of mind and I believe that Matthew also perceives it.

Am I really so bad that even a guy I've known for a few hours understands how I really feel?

"It must be terrible to love a person the way you do without that person repaying you even without him knowing your true feelings."

Still without looking at him, I replied "It's the worst thing that can ever happen to you. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but over time you get used to it."

He gave me a sad smile as he shifted my gaze to him. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful his blue eyes were. Now I understand why all the girls at the academy do nothing but talk about him is truly breathtaking.

"You know if you need to talk to anyone about this, I'm here."

I smiled at him and thank him.

"You know Amelia since I saw you in chorus I immediately thought that you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen then when I got to know you better I realized that besides having the most beautiful smile in the world you are also the smartest girl, sensitive and good that I've ever known. Nicholas doesn't really know what he's missing. "

No one had ever talked to me like that and I didn't help but blush.

"Amelia for me it would be great to become friends, what do you think?"

Why not? These hours spent with him are really very pleasant that the male can make me become friends.

"I'd love Matthew too."

He came even closer to me and wrapped me in a hug whispering in my ear "And if one day you decide to go on I'll be here waiting for you".

Having said these words I returned the hug when we untied him Matthew said to me "Amelia I tell you this at my expense I advise you to tell your friend what you really feel he assured you that afterwards you will feel better."

Does he really think he never tried to confess my feelings to Nick? Heck if I tried but there was always something as I told him that he always interrupted me or was misunderstood.

"Thanks for everything Matthew. See you tomorrow."

"Amy night."

When she called me by my shortened name my heart began to beat faster. Only those who were closest to me called me so the first to do it was Nicholas.

To avoid starting to think too much about how things were between me and Nicholas I started with a quick step towards his room.

Arrived in front of the bedroom door I open the door and see him lying on the bed reading a diary of Edward Spellman, nothing unusual.

After having noisily placed the bag on the table someone finally did me the great honor of his attention. Watching Nick study has always been something I've enjoyed doing.

"You finally arrived!" he heard me say.

I looked at the clock on the wall and in fact I was 20 minutes late but that's nothing compared to his delays.

"I guess it's your new friend's fault." In those words he felt a hint of bitterness from him.

"What are you jealous of?"

Nick closed the book and places it on the nightstand near the bed, meanwhile I approach his bed, he takes both my hands. Nick smiles at me and suddenly I feel my hands being pulled towards the bed.

Starting to tickle me he said "You must understand my dear that I am jealous of anyone who comes close to you."

"You are always the same!"

I try to dodge him but he pinches my arms above my head and says "My dear Miss Williams, we both have an unfinished business!"

I replied "Oh yeah? What about if I can ask?" doing so I provoked him.

"For example, the fool you made me do earlier in front of the whole class and the teacher making me pass in front of everyone like an idiot. Now that I have refreshed your memory, tell me are you going to make an apology."

In the meantime he had stopped tickling me and I replied "Why should I ever I should apologize I didn't say anything that everyone didn't already know."

Having said that I try to avoid him but he didn't want to move.

When Nick had finished tickling me he suggested "Amy how about watching that movie you wanted to see so much last week?".

He nodded in agreement.

***

After the film I suggested that Nick stop and sleep with him.

At first she was strangely reticent about letting me stay for the night but in the end she agreed as usual.

I remember once while we were laughing and joking Nick confessed to me that for him I am the only person he would risk everything for, it made me happy to hear those words and my heart warmed.

Even if I think about it now at that moment my heart starts beating faster but a wave of unhappiness went through me reminding me that he will always see me only as his best friend.

Trying to drown my sorrow, I fell asleep in his arms feeling protected from everything and everyone.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.2K 110 45
She's always been good. He's always gotten into trouble. Her parents wanted her to end up with a guy from the church. His parents aren't around. She...
651 29 33
Amelia Francois seems as your ordinary teenager. She gets good grades, she's always has her nose in a book and is considered a nerd. But she's really...
2M 53K 30
Sophia Frost is a cold, charming and secretly sweet woman. However she's a Rogue with no desire to be apart of any pack, not again. See, she used to...
166K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...