An Unlikely Connection (Jirou...

Da pearlshipper332

What happens when Jirou is up late one night, and ends up catching Midoriya sneaking out. how does the relati... Altro

An Odd Night
Another Sleepless Night
A New Day
A Trip into Town
Going to Get some Advice
Figuring it out as we go
Training Day
Revelation

Starlit Night

2.8K 71 18
Da pearlshipper332

Midoriya's POV-

The days that followed my realization were awkward ones. Whenever I'd see Jirou, I'd start blushing like crazy, and would have a difficult time talking to her without stuttering. It didn't help that I had been trying to avoid her during the week too.

On one hand, I wanted to talk to her, spend time with her and get to know her better, but on the other hand I felt like I wouldn't be good enough for her, and that I couldn't make her happy if I did tell her how I felt about her.

It was a dilemma that was tearing me apart from the inside, and I wasn't sure how to resolve it.

It was Wednesday evening, and classes and training were finally over for the day, meaning I could head back to my room and relax for the rest of the day.

Though on my way back to my room, I came across the person I wanted to see the most, and the least. Jirou was heading down the hallway in the direction I was coming from, which gave me no chance to avoid her.

I could already feel my face heating up as her eye's locked onto mine, and a small smile made its way onto her face.

"Hey there Midoriya." She said to me, as she stopped infront of me.

Just those simple words set my nerves on end, and any attempt to respond to her without stuttering was lost. "H-Hey J-J-Jirou, h-how's it g-going?" I stuttered out to her.

Jirou looked a little taken aback by how bad I was stuttering. "I'm doing good, thanks for asking Midoriya. Are you doing alright man?" She asked me, as she squinted her eyes slightly, as she studied me.

I quickly nodded to her. "Y-Yeah I-I'm f-fine. I-I just got a big assignment I n-need to f-finish for tomorrow. I-I'll talk to you l-later J-Jirou." I stuttered out to her, as I quickly walked past her and around the corner, before quickly making my way to my room.

I closed and locked the door once I was inside my room, before sliding down to the ground infront of my door. "Why the hell do I have to act like that around her...god she probably hates me now." I said with an annoyed groan.

"Though it's not like that would be out of the ordinary, god knows I hate myself with a burning passion." I muttered to myself, as I could feel a pit slowly growing in my stomach.

I sat there infront of the door for a few minutes, before getting up and heading over to my desk. "Might as well start doing my homework." I muttered to myself, as I laid my notebooks on the desk, and got my assignments out.

By the time I had finished my homework, a few hours had gone by, and it was now dark outside. I slowly closed the notebook that was sitting infront of me, before stretching and looking around my room for a few moments. It only took me those few moments to come to a decision.

"I'm gonna get out of here and play my guitar a bit." I muttered to myself, hoping that it would help me feel better.

I waited a couple hours to make sure that everyone in the dorm was asleep, before digging out my guitar case from under my bed and strapping it to my back. I slowly and carefully made my way down to the first floor of the dorm.

I was quietly creeping across the main lobby to the front doors of the dorm, when I heard a little cough from behind. I quickly turned around to see who it was, and found Jirou leaning over the kitchen counter and looking at me, a cup in hand as she stared at me.

"So Midoriya, where are you off to this late at night?" She asked me, with a bit of mirth in her voice as she spoke.

'Ah crap' I thought to myself as I stood there like a deer in the headlights.

"U-um, n-no where in p-particular." I stammered out to her.

Jirou slowly nodded as she took a sip from her cup. "I see, so that's why you have your guitar with you." She responded to me.

"Oh um, hahaha. Yeah I was bringing it along with me.." I nervously chuckled.

Jirou sighed and dumped out whatever was left in her cup, before walking around the kitchen counter to me. "Midoriya, why have you been avoiding me lately?" She asked me.

I froze for a moment and sighed as I looked at her, and then to the door. "I.." I let out a soft sigh. "Do you wanna come with me? I'll let you know what's been going on." I told her.

Jirou quickly nodded as she turned back towards the hallway that led to the elevator. "Give me like ten minutes okay?" She told me, before running off.

I walked over to one of the tables in the dining hall and took a seat while I waited for Jirou to come back into the room.

As she said, she was back in ten minutes, changed into a pair of dark jeans, with a black graphic t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and her own guitar case. "Sorry for the wait Midoriya, let's get going." She told me.

I nodded and led the way out of the dorm and onto the brick path infront of the dorm.

Without another word, I took the lead and started heading down the same path that I always took when I went to play my guitar. The same spot that I talked to Jirou on that night.

It didn't take long to reach that very same clearing with the rock in the middle of it.

My eye's slowly drifted around the clearing, making sure it was empty, before continuing forward into the clearing. I slowly made my way to the rock that sat in the center of it all, before sitting down on top of it.

I swung my guitar case around from my back and opened it up, before pulling my guitar out and setting my case down beside the rock.

When I looked to my right, I found that Jirou had taken up the spot beside me. I could practically feel the heat from her with how close she was, it didn't help that I could feel my face slowly heating up too.

I took a moment to calm my mind as I tuned my guitar and made sure it sounded right, before starting off with the song that first came into my mind.

My fingers slowly strummed the chords of the guitars as I took a deep breath and started playing.

She's watching the taxi driver
He pulls away
She's been
Locked up inside her apartment
A hundred days

She says
Yeah, he's still coming
Just a little bit late
He got stuck at the laundromat
Washin' his cape

She's just
Watchin' the clouds roll by
And they spell her name
Like Lois Lane
And she smiles
Oh the way she smiles

I sang aloud, as my eye's drifted over to Jirou. I found her staring back at me, a small smile on her face, as the moon lit up her face.

I smiled back at her as a blush slowly made its way onto my face.

As I continued to sing, Jirou's voice joined in. Her voice was soft and soothing, yet full of spirit at the same time.

She's talking to angels
Counting the stars
Making a wish on a passing car
She's dancing with strangers
Falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up
In his arms
Yeah
In his arms
Yeah
And waiting for Superman

I stared at her for a few moments as I stopped strumming my guitar as I listened to her. Her voice was beautiful, and it made my heart beat a little faster than before. I snapped myself out of my reverie after a few seconds and continued with the next verse.

She's out on the corner
Trying to catch a glimpse
Nothing's making sense
She's been
Chasing an answer
A sign lost in the abyss
This Metropolis

I sang as I started strumming my guitar a little faster as the song began to pick up. While Jirou picked up the next verse.

She says
Yeah, he's still coming
Just a little bit late
He got stuck at the Five and Dime
Saving the day

I could feel my face heating up as I slowly blushed, while I listened to her sing. I've heard people sing before, but none of them had sent my heart a flutter like hers did.

The pattern of trading verses back and forth with each other continued until the last two verses of the song. When our voices meshed together to create a harmony that sent a chill down the back of my spine.

And she smiles
She's talking to angels
She's counting the stars
Making a wish on a passing car
She's dancing with strangers
She's falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up
In his arms
Yeah
In his arms
Yeah

She's waiting for Superman
To lift her up
And take her anywhere
Show her love
And climbing through the air
Save her now
Before it's too late tonight
She's waiting for Superman

When I finally finished strumming my guitar, I glanced over to Jirou and smiled softly at her. I sat there silently, just watching her, capitivated by how the moonlight lit up her eyes and her dark purple hair.

I was snapped out of my daze when I heard her giggle a little bit as she stared back at me.

"Do I have something on my face Midoriya?" She asked as she let out another laugh.

A heavy blush spread across my face as I quickly turned away. "N-No, I-I just thought your hair l-looked pretty in the m-moonlight." I said with a heavy stutter.

"O-Oh t-thanks Midoriya." She softly spoke.

There was a momentary silence between the two of us, before Jirou finally broke the silence.

"Midoriya, why have you been avoiding me all week?" She asked me.

'Well, I guess nows as good a time as any.' I thought to myself, as I turned my gaze back to her.

I took a deep breath and steeled myself for what I was going to say, before I began. "I really hope you won't get mad at me for this, and I completely understand if you don't want to talk or hang out after this, but. I like you Jirou." I said to her, as my face exploded in redness.

"Aww, I like you too Midoriya." She responded with a smile on her face.

"No, Jirou, not just as a friend, but more than that, I actually really like you." I elaborated as I looked at her.

Jirou stared at me for a few seconds, as her face started to take on a deep red hue. "O-Oh." Was all that she said as she sat there.

"Yeah..The reason I've been avoiding you, was because I didn't know how to deal with these feelings, and I didn't want to drag you down or hinder you as you tried to become a hero. I mean, who would want to be with the kid who couldn't even control his quirk until just a few months ago." I explained as my gaze started slowly drifting towards the ground.

"I don't want to hold you back, because I'm still training and trying to get to the point that everyone else is at already. I can understand if you don't want to hangout or talk to me at all after this, and I won't hold it against you at all if you did." I rambled as I felt the pit in my stomach growing more and more with every word I spoke.

A heavy silence settled over us for a few moments, before she finally spoke up. "Midoriya, you're an idiot." She replied.

I looked up at her in surprise and mild disbelief. "Wait what?" I asked her.

"Midoriya, you out of all people would never hinder me becoming a hero, Mineta or maybe Denki, but you would never hinder me from becoming a hero. If anything you'd help me become a better hero than I would on my own." She responded.

"Midoriya, You've made by far the most progress out of anyone since we started, you're an upstanding hero, and you've honestly inspired me and others to work harder and train more. You've done an amazing job with gaining control over your quirk in such a short amount of time." She continued.

"Midoriya, I don't want to stop hanging out with you and spending time with you, and if I'm being honest, I do actually have feelings for you too. These past few weeks have been really fun, and I honestly wanna spend more time with you too." She told me, as the blush on her face got a little bit heavier than before.

"S-So i-if you would want to, I-I'd want to see where things g-go with you." She told me with a stutter of her own.

I sat there and stared at her for a few moments as my mind tried to catch up with everything that she had said to me.

"I-I would honestly r-really like that, So Jirou, w-would you like t-to go o-out with m-me." I said in a shaky voice, as I reached my hand out to her.

Jirou looked up at me and smiled softly as she nodded. "I-I would be h-happy to Midoriya." She said as she reached out and gently took my hand.

'This night has been better than I thought it would be.' I thought to myself, as I smiled softly at her.

Hey everyone, I'm back, and actually alive, I apologize for such a long delay with updates, I've been dealing with classes and finals, and it made it really hard to find the time and motivation to sit down and write something.

I hope all of you have been doing well lately, and that things have been going well in your lives so far too. I'm going to be updating my other books as well too over the course of the next week, so look forward to that too.

As always, if you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to post them or ask them, I'll be happy to answer any questions that come my way, within reason that is.

And as always, I'll see all of you in the next chapter.

-Pearlshipper332

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

126K 4.5K 37
Midoriya can't believe it. Dead from a stupid accident. Dead. They say that if you travel through Musutafu at night, you'll hear piano music and sing...
142K 2.3K 34
After the Overhaul mission Izuku Midoriya becomes the best of friends with the big 3. They do everything together, that is until a certain set of eve...
139K 2.3K 39
It's a normal day for Izuku as he completes his normal routine and goes to school, along the way he runs into Yui Kodai, a quiet and Mysterious girl...
32.5K 414 7
This story will be seven chapters, one chapter will be uploaded a day with the story finishing in a week. It is a short story of IzuMomoJiro. Each ch...