Watching Bungou Stray Dogs

Door Blackrisha_1022

The title explains it. Disclaimer: I do NOT own BSD. Meer

Introduction
S1 Episode 1
S1 Episode 3
Interlude: Break
Interlude: Break pt.2

S1 Episode 2

7.4K 180 120
Door Blackrisha_1022

Episode 2: A certain bomb

___

Most of the people are conversing when Kana came back. The two unknown people who will join them, hiding in the back stage.

"Glad your enjoying yourselves." She said loudly for them to hear. "Two people will join us." 

A short girl with dark blue hair that is tied into two low twin-tails with flower pins and blue eyes appeared from the back stage. "Meet Kyouka Izumi." Kana said placing her hands on the girls shoulders. "You can sit beside Atsushi-kun." Kana said pointing at the boy.

Kyouka began to walk towards Atsushi, eyes dull. "I'll be also confiscating this." Kana said holding her phone with bunny keychain. Kyouka's eyes lit up slightly then nodded.

Akutagawa's eyes burning holes at Kyouka's back.

"Hi, I'm Nakajima Atsushi." Atsushi introduced.

"Kyouka Izumi." She said.

"What about the next person?" Gin Akutagawa asks.

"Before I introduce him I like you all to pin Dazai when he gets out of control." Kana said nervously.

'You never know what's his reaction when he sees him.' She thought.

"Why would I get out of control?" Dazai asks which she just looks away.

"Just do what I say." Kana said avoiding the question. "You can come out now." The unknown person appeared from the backstage.

He was a tall man with rust-red eyes and reddish-brown hair which was slightly parted so that a small area of his forehead was visible. Dazai's eyes widened when he sees him. 

Sakunosuke Oda

"What is this?!" He exclaimed. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" He stands up from his chair.

"Dazai, calm down." Kuninkida said pulling his sleeve to sit down but Dazai just pulled his arm away harshly. He started to walk towards the stage but the members of the agency pulled him down.

He struggled to get out of their grip. 

"Calm down, Dazai-san!" Atsushi said. "Let her explain first!" 

"As you can see, he's real." She said and pinched Oda's cheeks. Odasaku whack her at the head. 

"Glad to see you're doing okay, Dazai." He said walking towards him. The agency decided to loosen their grip on him and let him go.

"You're alive." Dazai said in disbelief.

"Not really." Oda said putting his hand in front of Dazai to pull him up. Dazai accepted it, when he got up he hugged him. Oda pat him on the back. "Glad you considered my advice." Oda whispered.

"Can you please sit down now?" Kana said, her patience running out. Oda sighs and sat down at the back of the chair of Dazai.

Dazai sat down.

'I haven't smelled tatami mats in a long time.' Atsushi's voice was heard.

The screen showed Atsushi sleeping peacefully then opened his eyes.

"Huh? Where am I?" He thought loudly. "What happened last night?"

"Do you remember nothing at all from when you were transformed?"  Dazai said from the flashback.

"What are you talking about?"

"But your right hand's still  there." Dazai said pointing at Atsushi's hand.

"Right hand?" Atsushi raises his right hand to reveal a paw. After examining it, he screams in surprise.

The present Atsushi's breath hitch and sat up from the futon. He looks at his hand to check, examining it and sighs.

He looks around the place. "It's been so long... since I slept under a roof." He said staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly a phone starts ringing that made Atsushi jump from his futon.

"What?! What?! What?!" Atsushi said looking around the room for the source of the sound. He notices the phone laying on some clothes. "Um, uhh... Okay, I'm taking the call. I'll do it right now!" He said frantically grabbing the phone. "Right this second! Which button am I supposed to push? This one? C'mon, hurry up. Gosh, which one is it?"

"You didn't teach him?" Chuuya asks.

"Besides it's already midnight that time." Dazai said pouting and crossing his arms.

"H-Hello?!"

"Good Morning!" A chibi Dazai said that appeared above Atsushi.

"Oh, Dazai-san."

"Today's another fine day. How's the new dorm?"

"Great, thank you."

'He definitely needs something.' Kunikida thought.

"Compared to sleeping outdoors, it's heavenly."

"That's good to hear." Dazai said still smiling. "The change of clothes at your pillow is a gift from everyone at the agency."

"I gave Atsushi the belt." Dazai exclaimed.

"I gave him the tie." Yosano said flipping her hair.

"I gave him the suspenders." Kenji said raising his hand.

"Me and nii-chan gave him the shoes." Naomi said hugging the side of her brother that made others uneasy.

'Are those two really siblings?' Odasaku thought.

"I gave him the gloves." Ranpo said.

"I gave him the dress shirt while the president gave him the pants." Kunikida said adjusting his glassess.

While the mafia's eyes narrowed at them.

"Thank you so much for everything." 

"It's not much." Kenji said.

"By the way, Atsushi-kun, I apologize for asking this out of the blue..."

'Yep, he needs something.' Kunikida thought closing his eyes and nodding his head. While the people around him looks at him weirdly.

"But there's an emergency."

"An emergency?"

"Yes, there can be no delay. Please come to the specified location immediately. It's a crisis! Only you can help."

"O-Okay, I understand." Atsushi said.

The opening began to play.

"Skip it." Akutagawa suddenly interrupted.

"But Kyouka and Odasaku haven't seen it yet." Kana complained.

"We'll listen to it." Oda said which Kyouka nodded.

Sono omoi ashi wo hiza wo mae e michibiku chikara wa nan datte?
Go ahead tou
kimi no naka ni shoujiru shoudou wa treasure honmono ka nisemono ka

"Not bad." Oda murmured while Kyouka is bobbing her head with the music.

tsureteike yo kuusou no kanata made
boku no naka no taiman yo
saratte mo ii yo yume demo
todokisou de todokanai make some noise
kuukyo na nichijou wa kagayakidasu no ka

hakidasu you ni shite mae ni mae ni kogeba
bokura no mirai wa kasoku shiteiku darou
ima kono toki ga tomaru to shitemo
kono kokyuu made tomerare wa shinai sa
kudaranai gohoubi mada? 

"Finally..."

The screen showed Atsushi tying his shoes.

"Are you ready, Atsushi-kun?" Dazai's voice was heard in the phone.

"Yes."

"First, when you leave the room, make sure you close the door." Atsushi followed carefully. "Look behind you!"

"Behind me?" Atsushi turned around. He began running down the stairs only to see Dazai stuck in a drum.

Most of them sweatdropped.

Kunikida has his eyes twitching from annoyance.

Odasaku looks at Dazai, who is whistling innocently and looking away from him.

"What's this about?" Atsushi asked annoyed.

"What do you think?" 

"Maybe I'm hallucinating this morning?"

"Your definitely not." Tachihara commented.

"Wrong!"

"Is it an enemy attack? Did you get caught in a trap?" Atsushi asks, concerned.

"You're really taking the job seriously." Yosano said. "Good job!" She said slapping Atsushi's back too hard.

The boy began coughing.

"I got in myself." Dazai said that made a question mark above Atsushi. "Well, you see... I heard that there's a way to commit suicide by getting stuck in an oil drum, so I decided to give it a shot." 

An image was seen on the screen showing a person stuck in an oil drum, A card appeared that says. "Securing the feet is the key."

"But now that I have, I'm just suffering without being able to actually die. No mention, now that I've wedged myself this deep, I can't get out on my own, I think I might die." Dazai said as he slowly sinks.

"Then congrats." Kenji said smiling at the brunette.

"But I'm suffering that time." Dazai whines.

"Good." Kunikida said that made the brunette pout.

"I see... But it's a way to commit suicide, so you should be able to kill yourself if you stay that way, I think?"

"I like suicide, but I don't like suffering or pain! Why would I?!" Dazai exclaimed as he sinks more.

"You'll still feel pain when your dying though." Yosano said. "You want to try it?" She asks with a sadistic smile that made Dazai cower in fear,

"No thanks."

"Also, I only learned this after the fact, but it wasn't a suicide method... It was a torture method!"

"I see." Atsushi said grabbing the drum and sighs. He pushed the drum. "There." He said putting his hands on his hips.

My name is Nakajima Atsushi.

A flashback of Atsushi turning into a tiger and the events that happened was seen.

Just the other day, turned into a tiger and went on a blind rampage and this man, Dazai-san, helped me.

The flashback ended and Dazai is seen stretching his body.

While Dazai-san is this kind of person, those people with supernatural powers all belonged to the Armed Detective Agency.

"Not all of them." Mori said, arms cross against his chest.

Atsushi began to tremble as the mafia looks at him.

"Nakajima Atsushi! You'll become one of us." Dazai said in the flashback. Yosano, Ranpo, Kenji and Kunikida looks at him. "From this day forth, you'll be a member of the Armed Detective Agency."

The screen showed Atsushi side glancing at the stretching Dazai. The two of them sitting on the drum.

"That was painful. I owe you one, Atsuhi-kun. Without you, I would've snapped in two at the waist." Dazai said leaning backwards.

"Didn't you ask your other coworkers for help?" Atsushi asked with his face blank.

"I called them, sure. I told them Is on death's door. But then everyone was all like, 'Congratulations.' How's that make you feel?"

"But you wanted to die, right?" Kenji asks.

"Like I said I hate pain." Dazai answered.

'I'm not surprised.' Atsushi thought while smiling awkwardly.

"Jeez. Anyone gifted with supernatural powers has something wrong with them inside..."

'Gifted, huh?' Atsushi thought.

"Dazai-san." Dazai diverts his attention to him and hummed "Everyone at the Armed Detective Agency... the private investigators, that is... They're gifted right?"

"Right, they're an armed force talking on antagonists the police don't stand a chance against."

"I don't stand a chance at joining the agency, then." Atsushi said looking down.

"You should stop doubting yourself." Junichiro said slinging his arm at Atsushi's shoulders.

"Yeah. Have some confidence, Atsushi-kun." Dazai said pointing finger guns at him.

"I-I'll try." Atsushi said.

"You're gifted just fine." 

"It's true that I have the supernatural ability to turn into a tiger, but I have absolutely no control over it. I just transform unaware. I can't will myself to transform into a tiger. So don't think I'll be any of any use, even if I join." He said standing up and facing Dazai. "I really appreciate the offer though. I'm sorry." He said then bowing.

'Jeez. This kid really has no self-confidence.' Chuuya thought grimacing.

"What's your plan, then?"

"I think I'll look for a job I can actually handle, though I don't think it'll be easy to find." Atsushi said smiling.

"I have an idea for a potential job. I can help you get it, if you'd like."

"Really?" Atsushi said, happy for the help. 

"You tricked me that day." Atsushi said pointing at the smiling brunette.

"Thank you so much!"

The screen turned black with the words 'A certain Bomb'.

The screen shows walking on a street.

"We're going to meet the guarantor who'll introduce you to the job." Dazai informed him. "I'm sure he'll like you."

"What's the job?"

"No point spoiling the fun. Well, there may be a test of sorts."

"Huh? A test?" Atsushi said surprised.

"Atsushi-kun, can you write?"

"I do know how to read and write."

"Then you'll be fine." Dazai said that made the boy sigh in relief. "You'll be just fine, I'm sure. I guarantee it."

"Thank you!"

"You'd better thank me!" Dazai said laughing. "Just leave it to me, and everything will be fine!" Bringing his hand up and placing it under his chin. "After all, I am Dazai... The one and only whom the agency trusts and the populace adores!"

"You're building his ego." Chuuya said.

While the agency is looking at the smiling Dazai.

"There you are, Dazai!" Kunikida said gritting his teeth, he began stomping towards Dazai. "You bandage-squandering machine!" He said that made Dazai stumble backwards, holding his face.

"N-Nice nickname there, Kunikida-kun." He said holding his face. A card appeared in the middle of the screen that says: Bandage-Squandering Machine?! That stung, just a little.

"A good nickname for the suicidal maniac." Chuuya said.

"Who's the one and only one the agency trusts, huh? You're the one and only one who get complaints, curses, and grievances about!" Kunikida said.

"Huh?"

The card changed into the words: Calls about complaints, curses... and grievances?

Chuuya stifled a laugh.

"What? Since when did I ever get a complaint?!" Dazai said putting his hands on his hips.

Kunikida opens his notebook and reads it. "Call in August: 'One of your employees has been caught in an offshore fishing net. Can you come retrieve him?' Call in September: 'Some weirdo's got himself buried in my farm. Could he be one of yours?' " Kunikida imitates that made Atsushi to deadpan.

Most of them earned laughs at Kunikida's imitation.

"Do you really have to imitate the person's voice?" Tachihara asks while laughing that made Kunikida mad.

"Th-Th-Th-Th-Th..." Dazai stutters.

"Call in the same month: 'Pay your tab, okay?! All six months' worth!' "

They laughed harder.

"I can't." Tachihara said while holding his stomach.

"That's impossible... Who knew you were so good at imitating other people, Kunikida-kun?!" Dazai said that made Kunikida's glasses break and choke him.

"You should try being an actor." Yosano suggested that made Kunikida scowl.

"You bastard!" Kunikida shouts holding Dazai's neck and moving it back and forth. "Stop ridiculing me!"

"I wonder if it's actually a good idea to have him help me find a job..." Atsushi said watching the two.

"Oh, right! I wasted a whole minute dealing with this idiot." Kunikida said. stopping from choking Dazai. "Let's hurry to the agency!"

"Why?"

"We have an emergency! A bomber's taken a hostage and holed himself up in our office." Kunikida said. 

"A bomber?"

"It's unusual for the agency to act that way." Hirotsu murmured.

The screen showed the agency's building.

"Um..."

"What? The agency's on the fourth floor." Kunikida said.

"That's not what I wanted to ask." Atsushi replied.

"Let's take the stairs, just in case."

"Excuse me..."

"Quiet!"

"Oh, sorry."

"Let's go, Atsushi-kun." Dazai said as the screen showed a door with the sign that says: Armed Detective Agency.

"What?"

The screen showed a hand holding a remote.

"I can't... I can't take it anymore..." Junichiro said sitting at a table. Below him was Naomi, tied up, a cloth wrapped around her mouth.

Employees watching nervously.

"It's all your fault." The door was opened unnoticed by the ginger head. "The Armed Detective Agency's fault." The three hides behind a table.

"It's that guy." Kouyo said pointing at Junichiro.

"Are they acting?"

"Maybe."

"Where's the president?" He asks, removing his hands from his face. "Bring the president!" Junichiro demanded grabbing Naomi's collar at the back. "I'll blow everyone to kingdom come." He said raising the remote and throws her harshly to the ground.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you that day, Naomi." Junichiro said.

"I forgive you, nii-chan." Naomi said rubbing her cheek against his.

The others just ignored them.

"A personal grudge? That's inconvenient." Dazai said.

"Yeah..." Kunikda agrees.

"Why am I here?" Atsushi asks but got ignored.

"The bomber seems pretty furious at the agency." Kunikida said.

"I don't think I'll be of any use. May I go now?"

"We do attract a lot of ill will."

"You're ignoring me?"

"Besides, that's a high explosive." Dazai said as the screen shows the bomb. "If the bomber acts on his threat and detonates it, the whole floor's as good as gone."

'It looks fake.' Kaiji thought observing the bomb carefully.

"Oh no..."

"We may be able to mitigate the force of the explosion somewhat if we can find something to cover the bomb," Dazai explained while the screen showed the bomb being covered. "but given the circumstances... I can't believe he took a woman as a hostage, the coward."

"Who's the girl?" Atsushi asks.

"She's Naomi-chan, a part-time office assistant." Dazai answered.

"A part-timer?! Then she's a completely innocent bystander!"

"What should we do?" Kunikida asks his partner.

"Why don't we let him see the president?" Dazai asked.

"He'll try to kill the president! We can't let the president walk into a situation like that!" Kunikida exclaimed, pushing his glasses up. "I'm glad he's out on a business trip."

"Then there's only one method..." Dazai said as they both raised their hands.

'Are they going to use their abilities?' Atsushi thought.

The two put their hands in front and began playing rock, paper, and scissors.

'Huh?'  

Most of them sweatdropped. The others just shook their heads, used to their antics.

Eventually, Dazai won.

"Go, go." Dazai said, wiggling his arms like a snake/worm? 

"Hey." Kunikida said walking towards the bomber. "Calm down, boy."

"Stay away!" Junichiro exclaimed, pointing the remote at him. "I only want to see the president! If you do anything funny, I'll blow this up!"

"Okay." Kunikida agreed, raising his hands in surrender.

"I know who you are. You're Kunikida! I bet you're trying to make me let my guard down and use that annoying ability of yours!" Junichiro exclaimed. "Well, fat chance. Get on the desk on all fours and keep both hands where I can see them!" He demanded. "I-If you don't do as I say, I'm taking you all down with me!" He threatened which Kunikida sighed and do what he says.

"This isn't good." Dazai said. "Because of his personal grudge against the agency, he's done his research on all the members' names and faces. If I go, it'll only provoke him. Hmm... What to do?" He then glances at Atsushi.

Atsushi then began sweating. 'I just got a really bad feeling...' He then looked at Dazai, who is already looking at him.

"A-tsu-shi-ku—"
"No"
"I haven't even said anything."
"I already know what you're going to say."

"Listen, Atsushi-kun. You're the only one here who's not a formal member and who the bomber won't know." Dazai said.

"So, you're testing him." Chuuya said.

"You didn't know from the start?" Koyou asks. "I thought you're smart."

"Hey!"

"But even if I were to go, I wouldn't be able to do anything." 

"It'll be fine. We just need you to distract him for a short while. We'll do the rest."  Dazai reassures him. "Let me think... Knowing you, how about you put on an off-putting act as a worthless human being?" He smiled then gave him a stack of newspapers. "Here are some props."

'Should I be offended by that?' Atsushi thought.

Atsushi began sweating as he grab the newspapers from Dazai's hold.

"Trust me. Scuffles on this scale are child's play to the Armed Detective Agency, Atsushi-kun."

The screen then showed the ADA's building.

"S-S-S-Stop!" Junichiro turns his attention to Atsushi, clenching his teeth. "Wh-Wh-Wh-What could you possibly accomplish? I... I bet this would make your parents sad!" He said as Dazai peaks behind him.

"Who the hell are you?!" Junichiro shouts that made the boy fall.

"Why is this so funny?" Naomi said followed by laughter.

Odasaku tried not to laugh, beside him was Dazai laughing his ass off.

A card appeared at the side of the screen that says: S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S...Scary

"Sorry!"

"You're not with the agency."

"A-A-As you can tell," He showed the newspapers as they watch him. "I'm just a newspaper delivery boy who happened to pass by!"

"And what's a delivery boy got to do with this?"

"No matter how much you might hate them, you shouldn't take hostages or blow up bombs. I'm sure there's something to live for." Atsushi reasons as he stood up.

"You sound like that blonde kid from an anime. What's his name again?" Naomi said as she put her finger under her chin.

"Naruto." Kenji answered.

"Pleading won't do anything tho. Sometimes you need force." Odasaku stated.

"Like what? What's something to live for?!"

Kunikida looks at him with a dumbfounded look.

A card appeared on the side of the screen that says: Wait a minute... Did you just thought without thinking it through?

"T..."

"What?"

"T... T... Tea on rice! You can eat a lot of Tea on rice!"

A card appeared at the side of the screen that says: S... S... Sure, that's true.

"Of all the things you could say, you chose Tea on rice?!" Chuuya exclaimed.

"Of all the accessories there, you chose a hat?!" Dazai retorts back and they began bickering.

"The cards are starting to annoy me." Ranpo said while sucking a lollipop.

"You can sleep somewhere with a roof over your head! When you go to sleep at night, you can wake up a new day! And everyday is a new day! But..." Tanizaki began to grow confused.

"Buahahahah. Look at Junichiro's face." Dazai pointed at the screen while being choked by his ex-partner.

"He's so confused af." Ranpo commented while shoving popcorn in his mouth.

"Where did you get that, Ranpo-san?" Naomi asks.

"You want some?" Naomi nodded in response. "Go get some yourself." 

'But you already ate them all.' Naomi thought, deadpanning. 

"Who wants popcorn?" Kana asks as she paused the video. Naomi immediately raises her hand along with Kenji, Ranpo, Atsushi, Higuchi, and Mori. She snapped her fingers and popcorn immediately appeared in front of them.

"Arigatou, Kana-san." Naomi said as she nibbled one. Kana smiled and played the video.

"If you blow up, neither you nor I will see another new day... because will be dead."

"I know that!" Junichiro shouts.

"What?!"

"You're really acting like a worthless human being." Akutagawa said, his head resting in his hand. 

Atsushi felt a shiver ran down his spine.

"Um..." Atsushi puts his hand behind his neck. "I think you should reconsider. I mean, if you die..." He puts his hand to cover his face.

"He's really trying hard." Fukuzawa murmured.

"You're really dead!" 

"You act like, Akutagawa-senpai." Higuchi suddenly said. "You know... the hands." She fiddled with her hands as everyone turn to listen to her.

"It really is." Hirotsu said.

Akutagawa glared at Higuchi.

"I'm sure you might wish you were dead sometimes, but there are people who keep living, even if the going's tough. Oh, people like me!" Atsushi pointed at himself. "I have no family and no friends. I even got chased out of an orphanage, and I have nowhere to go, and no hope for the future... Besides, I even turn into a tiger." He looks down at his hand with a slight blush on his face and tears coming out from his eyes. "Yeah, that's right! It's true that, like you say, I lack redeeming qualities, and everyone'd agree that I'm scum of society. But I still manage to keep on living without going all postal about it!"

"What an inspiring speech." Mori said.

"But it's also sad that he's telling his story too." Hirotsu said.

"Good job, Atsushi-kun." Dazai said watching the boy behind the plants. "You have acting like a worthless human being down to an art form."

'He's insulting me!' Atsushi thought as he narrowed his eyes at the brunette.

"So why don't you toss that bomb aside, and we can look for jobs together?" Atsushi walked towards him and brings his face close to Junichiro's. "Okay?"

"Your facade is wearing off, Junichiro." Kunikida said. Junichiro agreed, remembering the pain when they rehearsed it multiple times.

A card appeared at the side that says: You already forgot you're pretending to deliver newspapers? 

"N-No, I'm not exactly looking for one..." Junichiro said.

"Now, Kunikida-kun." Dazai ordered.

"I know!" Kunikida began writing in his notebook. "Ability: Doppo Poet... Wire gun!" He tears the page from the notebook. The paper began to glow as green glowing circles appeared around it and replaced by a wire gun.

"Crap..." Junichiro cursed as the blonde detective pointed the gun at him and shoots. The remote came flying from Junichiro's hand while Dazai came out from his hiding spot.

"Get him, Kunikida-kun!" Dazai shouts.

"Like I already said, I know!" Kunikida retorts back as he grabs Junichiro's collar and slams him at the floor and grabbed his wrist.

Most of them flinched at the action.

"That must hurt." Kyouka said while the ginger head smiled painfully.

"One down!" Dazai said as he walked towards them. "All right. Good job, everyone." Atsushi sighed in relief.

The employees clapped their hands simultaneously.

"Just like that?!" Chuuya asks.

"The episode's not done yet." Kana reassures him.

"'One down', you say?" Kunikida said furrowing his eyebrows. "'Now!'? 'Secure him!'? You're all talk and no action!" 

"What choice was there?" Dazai said smiling. "You lost at rock-paper-scissors, Kunikida-kun." 

"You bastard..."

"Well, all's well that ends well, isn't it? I've heard that if you're too neurotic, you'll get a lot of wrinkles and your aging becomes accelerated." Dazai teases him that caught the blonde's attention.

'Don't tell me he bought it.' Most of them thought.

"Is that true?"

"Go on, take notes." Dazai said.

'He literally bought it!' They thought sweatdropping.

Kunikida lowered his head in embarrassment.

Kunikida grabbed his notebook and began writing on it while sitting on Junichiro. "'If you're too neurotic... your aging becomes accelerated—' "

"I'm messing with you." Dazai immediately said after turning around which resulted in Kunikida breaking his pen.

Kunikida kicked him in the gut that sends him flying to the door. "Bastard! Stop ridiculing me!"

With the distraction, Junichiro grabbed Kunikida's hand, containing the remote, and stomp his foot at the blonde's lower back. "All of you..." He grabbed the remote and pushed Kunikida forward. "I swear, anyone gifted with supernatural powers has something wrong with them inside..." He made a crazy face and pushed the button on as the timer began to move.

"There's something wrong with Dazai's head." Chuuya commented.

Dazai clutched his shirt where his heart is located. "You wound me, Chuuya." 

"Thirty seconds left until detonation?!" Atsushi said as he eyes the bomb.

"Hey, brat!" Kunikida said as he runs towards him but was stopped by the ginger-headed boy.

"Kunikida-san!" Atsushi looks at the bomb. 'What should I do?'

"We may be able to mitigate the force of the explosion somewhat if we can find something to cover the bomb..."

"Something to cover the bomb... Something... Anything?!" He said while looking around the room.

"That's more like it!" Tachihara cheered getting fired up.

"Glad you remembered but not expecting what you did next." Dazai said murmuring the last part.

He hesitated while looking at the teary-eyed Naomi and suddenly pushed her towards Dazai.

"Atsushi-kun! What?" Dazai catches the girl looks at the boy with wide eyes. Atsushi was covering the bomb with his body.

The room was covered with an awkward silence, someone even coughed.

"Totally not expecting that." Koyou said her fan covering half of her face.

"You dumb fucker!" Tachihara exclaimed, his index finger pushing the said boy's head. "I thought your gonna do something awesome!"

"Pathetic." Akutagawa murmured.

'Let's see where this goes.' Mori thought watching in curiosity.

"Huh? What am I doing?" He murmured to himself.

"Idiot!"
"Brat!"

A few tears escaped Atsushi's eyes as the screen turned white.

It showed the agency's building then to Atsushi, still covering the bomb. Not feeling the bomb explode he slowly opened his eyes and looked up.

"Did you forgot that there's drawers in that area? It'll cover the bomb for sure." Elise said.

"You can't blame him, he's inexperienced, he's also panicking that time so he can't think straight." Q said.

"Jeez... I figured he was stupid, but I didn't know how stupid." Kunikida said, his coworkers standing both of his sides.

"He has the talent to become a suicide maniac." Dazai said smiling while his eyes closed. "Wouldn't you agree, Tanizaki-kun?"

"That's all you think." Chuuya said grimacing at the brunette.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" Tanizaki said peaking behind Kunikida. Atsushi blinks rapidly.

"Huh?" He looks at them in disbelief.

"Aw, onii-sama!" Naomi exclaimed, jumping in her brother's arms. Pink hearts were seen surrounding her with a pink background behind her. Her head hits Junichiro's chin as she hugs him. "Are you alright?!" She cooed.

"What?" Atsushi.

"You were wonderful as a villain! I had the time of my life being tied up and threatened!" Naomi said, her hands wandering in her brother's body. "Please continue where we left off, once we get home."

A card appeared at the side of the screen that says:

Tanizaki Junichirou
Ability: Light Snow

His younger sister
Tanizaki Naomi

"Are you a masochist or something?" Kaiji asks.

"Never thought about that." Naomi answers, not caring if he's an enemy. "But Dazai-san is."

"That makes sense."

'Is she always this carefree? He can kill her in a second.' Everyone thought as they watch the two interact.

"You did great there!" Kenji complimented the red-head.

"Thanks."

"I mean, you'll be a great actor, even Dazai-kun and Kunikida-kun." Yosano said.

"You flatter me too much, Yosano-san." Dazai said his eyes twinkling in delight.

"So the part-time person was in cahoots with everyone, too?" Atsushi asks, his eyebrows twitching.

"Brat, you should blame Dazai. Barring that, blame yourself for choosing the wrong person to help you find a job!" Kunikida said.

"Then is this the job..."

"I told you there was a test involved." Dazai said.

"As in, entrance exam?" 

"Why are you still holding the bomb?" Yosano asks.

"I... I don't know?"

"That's right."

(Insert badass music..)

"The exam has been completed without much ado, president." One of the employees informed him.

"I see."

"President?" Atsushi.

"They're finally introducing the president!" Naomi exclaimed.

"They even added a badass background music." Rampo said.

'I think they exaggerated my entrance.' Fukuzawa thought.

"Since Dazai said there was a capable young man, I had him test your mettle." The president said.

A card appeared at the side of the screen that says:

President of the Armed Detective Agency
Fukuzawa Yukichi
Ability: All Men are Created Equal

"Well, I recommended you for hire, but since you've been designated a major threat by the ward, there was a disagreement among us as to whether we should take you in." Dazai explained.

"But Dazai said..."

"President. Suppose the most gifted person in the world appeared before you, would you hire him?" Dazai asks in the flashback.

"Power doesn't make you a member of the agency." Fukuzawa said.

"That's why I recommend him."

"So, president... What is your decision?" Kunikida asks as all the workers looks at him waiting for an answer.

"I'll let Dazai decide." He said and begins to walk away.

"You came there just to walk away?" Kaiji asks particularly no one.

"You can trust me."

"W-Wait a minute, Dazai-san. So the job you meant to introduce me for was..." Atsushi slowly stands up.

"You apparently passed the test. Welcome to the Armed Detective Agency, Nakajima Atsushi-kun" Dazai said.

Naomi then dragged her brother, clinging to his arm. "Congratulations!"

"I'm glad I was able to help." Tanizaki.

"Oh, please, no. I can't possibly join a workplace as violent and reckless as this." Atsushi frantically said.

"Not just anyone would use their body to shield a bomb to save everyone." Dazai said as they look at him.

"Exactly." Kenji said smiling at the boy.

"That's right. I was really impressed!" Naomi compliments.

"You'll be fine." Dazai reassures him.

"But..."

A cup was seen being placed on the table then showed Fukuzawa and an employee.

"So, president, do you actually want him to join the agency, then?" The employee, Haruno, asks as Fukuzawa grabs the cup. She then leans to see what the president was seeing and saw a tea leaf.

"Oh, a tea leaf's standing straight up..." She then gave him a closed-eyed smile. "I think something good will happen, president." 

"Is it a prediction?" Atsushi asks.

"Something like that." The president answered.

Fukuzawa then proceeds to drink the tea as the screen turned black.

"Ouch."

The screen then shows Atsushi sitting in a chair.

"Still, well... If you still refuse, we can't force you." Dazai said that made Atsushi to look up. The brunette then places his chin in his finger. "But then, I can't help but worry for your future. We'll need you to vacate the company dorm... You don't really have any specialized skills, nor do you have any friends or know anyone..." 

"I see what you did there." Ranpo said.

"So that's how you convinced him." Yosano mumbles, his chin resting on her fingers.

"That'd make finding a job very difficult." The brunette continues to tease him that made Atsushi's eyebrow to twitch. "Besides, you are a wanted tiger." That made the boy look up in surprise. "Should anyone learn of that, at best you'd get fired from your job. At worst, you'd be captured and shot dead."

"Sh-Shot dead?"

"He has a point. If you didn't join the agency you'd be already captured by the mafia or dead." Ranpo leaning at Atsushi.

"Now, if you were with this agency... It'd be a different story." He said and smiled teasingly which made the boy look up in a sudden realization.

"Th-Then that means..." Atsushi said while leaning back against the chair.

"We look forward to working with you, Atsushi-san." Naomi said and suddenly tightens her arms around Junichiro. "Don't we, brother?"

"Follow the rules, brat." Kunikida said, closing his eyes.

"Well, now that's been settled..." Dazai said smiling at the boy.

"You've got to be kidding me." 

The ending song began to play.

Akutagawa was seen walking and moves towards to Higuchi, who is leaning against the wall.

"The weretiger has been found." She said as he walks past her. She follows. Akutagawa's coat flows dramatically as rashoumon moves towards the screen.

"So excited for the next episode." Naomi said, jumping at her seat.

"What do you think about this episode?" Kana asks the audience.

"I don't know."

"Boring as hell." Chuuya said, his chin resting at his hand, yawning.

"I agree with the shorty." Ranpo said which earned an irked mark on the ginger head.

"I was hoping for someone to die." Kaiji said.

"I was hoping for some action." Q said

Kana smiled at them and plays the third episode.

__ 

Yay! It's finally out. Hope it's worth the wait.

If you see any wrong grammars or mistakes or something it's either I'm sleep deprived or not in the mood that time.

I've been thinking If I should let Poe join. It's been so long since I watched BSD, so I forgot bits and pieces of the show.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1K 6 19
Our protagonist Ali finds herself in the world of BSD. DISCLAIMER NONE OF THESE CHARECTERS (Except Ali and her OC's) ARE MINE!!!They belong to Kafka...
220K 7K 9
A new threat to the humans has arrived to Yokohama and unfortunately (fortunately for us) makes a bond between Atsushi and Akutagawa. Akutagawa x Ats...
699K 12.6K 58
2nd book of one shots I have. I really love these dork a lot. Hope, you'll like my book!
1M 17.6K 74
This is my BSD one shot book! I love these cuties so much and they inspired me to start it. Hope, you'll like it ;)