The Lost Time Lord (A Doctor...

By BreadstixandFanfix

Mary Perdita didn't know a thing about herself. That's not just seem deep metaphorical phrase, she really did... More

BOOK TRAILER
New Cover!!!!!
PART ONE
Chapter One: John Smith
Chapter Two: The Missus and The Ex
Chapter Three: K-9 Mark 3
Chapter Four: Time Lords
Chapter Five: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter Six: Are You Sure She's Human?
Chapter Seven: Join Us
Chapter Nine: You're Scared Of A Broken Clock?
Chapter Ten: Rather Unexpected
Chapter Eleven: We Are The Same
Chapter Twelve: A Door Once Opened
Chapter Thirteen: The Lonely Angel and The Beautiful Mystery
Chapter Fourteen: Someone You've Never Met
Chapter Fifteen: Cybus Industries
Chapter Sixteen: The Preachers
Chapter Seventeen: I Don't Remember
Chapter Eighteen: You Can Trust Me
Chapter Nineteen: Ordinary
Chapter Twenty: Something Else
Chapter Twenty-One: London-y New York, 1953
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Queen Does The Housework
Chapter Twenty-Three: Florizel Street
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Doctor's Mickey Smith
Chapter Twenty-Five: God Save The Queen
Chapter Twenty-Six: Right and Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Space Base
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Black Holes and Card Catalogs
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Die In Ignorance
Chapter Thirty: The Pit Is Open
Chapter Thirty-One: The Satan Pit
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Satan Pit (Mary's Version)
Chapter Thirty-Three: Still Me
Chapter Thirty-Four: Passing Fancy
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Doctor, Lewis, and Clark
Chapter Thirty-Six: Different But The Same
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Find You Again
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Thought It Was Over
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Night Like This
Chapter Forty: Ghost Shift
Chapter Forty-One: Torchwood
Chapter Forty-Two: Great Big Ball of Nothing
Chapter Forty-Three: Through the Void
Chapter Forty-Four: Talk About Impossible
Chapter Forty-Five: Jacqueline Andrea Suzette Tyler

Chapter Eight: That's All About To Change

2.6K 89 3
By BreadstixandFanfix

We ran out of the cafeteria and ended up locking ourselves in the chemistry classroom. Rose, Mickey, and the kid sat down to gain their bearings while the Doctor, Sarah Jane, and I stood at the front of the classroom. I ended up sitting on top of the front lab table while the Doctor leaned against it beside me.

"Its the oil," The Doctor said suddenly, "Krillitane life forms can't handle the oil! That's it! They've changed their physiology so much that even their own oil is toxic to them!" Rose got up, running over to us.

"How much was there in the kitchens?" I asked her, jumping off of the counter to stand beside the Doctor.

"Barrels of it." Our conversation was interrupted by more Krillitane screeches as their claws began to cut through the door.

"We need to get to the kitchens," The Doctor stated, "Mickey-"

"What now? Hold the coats?" Mickey asked.

"Get all the children unplugged and out of the school. Now then, bats, bats, bats, How do we fight bats?" Just as he said this, the boy walked over to the fire alarm and jammed his elbow into it, setting it off. The screeching suddenly stopped and the Doctor smiled, pushing the door open to find Finch and the other Krillitanes writhing in pain. We took this as our opportunity to run past them, but it wasn't long before the fire alarm stopped.

We ran down the hallway towards the kitchen, K-9 catching up as we did so.

"Master?" He stated.

"Come on, boy! Good boy."

We ran through the the kitchen and the Doctor began scanning the barrels with the screwdriver. 

"They've been deadlock sealed. Finch must have done it, I can't open them."

"The vats would not withstand a direct hit from my laser," K-9 told us, "But my batteries are failing."

"Right, everyone out the back door. K-9, stay with me." Everyone else did what they were asked without question. I didn't move, earning a look from the Doctor.

"Yeah, no, that's not happening and you're going to waste precious time if you try and argue with me." He sighed, crouching down beside K-9. He began scanning him and I immediately began wheeling the vats closer to K-9.

"Capacity for only one shot, master. For maximum impact, I must be stationed directly beside the vat."

"But you'll be trapped inside." The Doctor pointed out.

"That is correct."

"I can't let you do that."

"No alternative possible, master." We heard another Krillitane screech, signaling that they were on their way.

"Goodbye, old friend."

"Goodbye, Master. Goodbye, Mistress." I smiled.

"You good dog." The Doctor told him.

"Affirmative." He twitched his ears in a strangely adorable way, and the Doctor pet his face one last time before standing up and grabbing my hand, pulling me out the back door.  We busted out to find Sarah Jane waiting for us as the Doctor turned to lock it with the sonic.

"Where's K-9?" She instantly asked.

"Sarah, we need to run." I said, grabbing her arm. The Doctor ran past us.

"Where is he?! What have you done!?" I wrapped an arm around her, forcing her to run beside me before passing her off to the Doctor. We all took off running, coming around to the front of the school, where Mickey, Rose, and all the kids were waiting just as the building exploded. Rose and Mickey cheered along with the others, but for the Doctor and Sarah Jane, it wasn't that simple. They'd just lost an old friend. 

"I'm sorry." He told her.

"Its all right. He was just a daft metal dog. Fine, really." Despite this statement, her voice was breaking, so the Doctor wrapped an arm around her, pulling her against him. I wrapped my arms around hers, leaning my head on her shoulder.

~~~

Once that was over, it was time for Sarah Jane and I to go home, and we'd meet with the Doctor again in the morning.  Sarah Jane dropped me off, and somehow...I knew it was time for me to start packing.

Because as strange as the Doctor is, and as strong as my initial distaste for him was...I trust him. I trust that he will always save the day, and most of all...I trust that he'll keep his promise. Going with him is the only way of discovering who I truly am, and if everyday traveling with the Doctor is like this one...

That's hardly a price to pay for the truth.

I shoved some clothes into my messenger bag, along with anything else I thought I'd might need, and then I went to bed. Sarah Jane picked me up in the morning, and we headed to some random garden, where the TARDIS was parked, looking rather odd among the perfectly trimmed hedges. The door opened as we approached, and the Doctor stood before us, still dressed in the same suit, his hands tucked into his pockets.

"Cup of tea?" He inquired. He stepped back and allowed us to enter first. Rose and Mickey were also inside, wearing new clothes as well. Crammed inside the small box was a very large room. There were round things plastered all over the walls and large, curling pillars surrounding a large console type contraption in the very center. I could also see a door, indicating that there was even more. The Doctor came inside, stepping up beside me with an expectant look on his face.

"Yes, I know you're waiting for me to freak out and point out the fact that 'its bigger on the inside', but unfortunately for you, I already knew that." He sighed and I shrugged. "Sorry to disappoint you, Doctor."

"Its more...baffled than disappointed." He told me. I sighed, facing forward again.

"You and me both."

"You've redecorated." Sarah Jane pointed out.

"Do you like it?" The Doctor questioned.

"Oh, I do. I preferred it as it was, but it'll do."

"I love it." Rose told her.

"Hey, what's 47 Times 369?"

"No idea," She replied, "Its gone now, the oil's faded."

"But you're still clever." Sarah Jane told her. "More than a match for him."

"You and me both." Rose turned her head, looking at the Doctor. "Doctor?"

"Um, we're about to head off, but...you could come with us." He suggested.

"No." Sarah Jane stated. "I can't do this anymore. Besides, I've got a much bigger adventure ahead! Time I stopped waiting for you and found a life of my own." I smiled, walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"Can I come?" Mickey asked. Sarah Jane looked at him, confused. "No, not with you! I mean, with you," He pointed to the Doctor, " 'Cause I'm not the tin dog and I wanna see what's out there."

"Oh go on Doctor," Sarah prompted, "Sarah Jane Smith and Mickey Smith, you need a Smith on board."

"Ok then, I could do with a laugh." Mickey made a face in celebration whereas Rose could not look less excited by that idea.

"Rose is that ok?" Mickey asked.

"No, great. Why not?" She said, rather unconvincingly. 

"Well I better go." She stepped up, pulling Rose aside, and I walked over to the Doctor.

"What about you?" He asked, keeping his eyes trained on the console.

"What about me?" I questioned, looking up at him. He met my eyes.

"Well, I've got to keep an eye on you," He replied, "And I can't very well find out who or what you are if you're still here." I smiled, turning to face him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Are you saying you want me to travel with you, Doctor?"

"No, Of course not! I'm saying-" He stopped talking as I raised my eyebrows skeptically at him. He sighed, but eventually nodded. "Yes...I want you to travel with us. With me."

"There it is." I ruffled his hair and he batted my hand away.

"Oi...alright." I glanced over as Sarah Jane pulled back from hugging Rose before walking towards the door. the Doctor and I walked over, exiting the TARDIS first and waiting for her to follow. 

"Its daft," She started, "but I haven't ever thanked you for that time and like I said, I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

"Something to tell the grandkids."

"Oh, I think it'll be someone else's grandkids now."

"Right yes, sorry. I didn't get a chance to ask..." The Doctor trailed off. "There hasn't been anyone...you know."

"Well, there was this one guy. I travelled with him for a while, but he was a tough act to follow." He smiled. "Goodbye, Doctor-"

"Oh, its not goodbye-"

"You say it, please. This time. Say it."

"Goodbye. My Sarah Jane!" He shook his head wrapping his arms around her waist and picking her up. She hugged him back and I stepped a little ways away from them to give them some space. He eventually put her down, and they smiled at each other.

"Right...now, onto the next order of business," Sarah Jane looked at me, causing me to raise my eyebrows, "Oh, don't look at me like that. I knew from the moment we saw him in that hallway that I would be losing my Partner in crime."

"How could you have possibly known that?" The Doctor asked. "She hated me up until now."

"Yes, well, lets just say I know her a bit better than you do." I smiled, rolling my eyes. "But I also know...that you're her best chance at finding out the truth. And she would give anything for that."

"Sarah Jane-"

"Its alright." She stated, putting her hands on my shoulders. "We had a good run, you and I. Even though I missed the Doctor you...you helped me to feel alive again. It was almost just the same as travelling with him so...I expect he'll have his work cut out for him." I smiled.

"You know....you're the only family I've ever had." To my surprise, tears welled up in my eyes. She smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"That's all about to change, Mary. Trust me." I laughed tearfully, hugging her tightly before pulling away, wiping stray tears from my eyes. She turned to look at the Doctor. "You take care of her. If you drop her off, you bring her back to me, because if I find out that you just off and dumped her somewhere-"

"Oi, alright, give me a bit more credit than that." She raised her eyebrows at him. He nodded, stepping back into the TARDIS. She turned back to me. 

"Good luck on your next adventure...Mary Perdita." I smiled.

"You as well...Sarah Jane Smith." She laughed and we hugged one last time before I turned to face the TARDIS again.

What lied beyond those doors was utterly unknown to me...its was a complete mystery. But then again, with my life...

Why should I expect anything less?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 466 23
A touch can change everything in a blink of an eye. A word can change the whole life just by saying it. Imagine your thoughts and moves being able to...
8.9K 154 22
(ORIGINAL VERSION) Losing the person you love is hard enough but losing your whole family, that's enough for a person to want blood on their hands. *...
13.4K 546 24
When Nine regenerates into Ten, Rose feels like she needs to adjust to the change and get to know this new Doctor, like she did the old one. But even...
3.5K 66 49
Emily Evans finds herself in an unknown place, her memories covered by a form of amnesia, when she was ten years old. City...London Country...England...