Not Just a Kid (DP Avengers C...

By Playedcrowd5610

The last thing Danny was expecting was having some government agents showing up in town wanting him to help t... More

Prologue -Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 2

9.3K 262 42
By Playedcrowd5610

Chapter Re-Edited: 3/21/2024

This was not a good day for Danny, and it was only nine o'clock in the morning! First, he has to fight some strange electric eel ghost that was scaring the civilians, and now Johnny has shown up, something to do with another fight with Kitty.

Danny chased him around town for a little while he was just about to catch him when Shadow grabbed him by his ankles suddenly. The dark ghost dragged him up into the sky away from Johnny and started flying down to the ground just outside the city at high speeds. Danny didn't understand what Shadow was doing until it was too late, they both crashed into the ground and Shadow fazed through, escaping quickly while Danny was distracted.

Danny sat up slightly using one arm to prop himself up off the ground. He rubbed the back of his head, Jonny couldn't do that much damage, right? Ugh, but he should still go after him. He stood himself up but was greeted by two agents standing on the outside of the crater he just made with his body.

Danny raised an eyebrow and backed away slowly, the man stood there looking at him with his arms held behind his back while the woman next to him had her hand on her holster ready to grab her gun at any second. Not that a normal gun would really do anything in this situation against a ghost like Danny.

The man spoke up, still studying him. "Phantom?"

Danny nodded slightly, backing up a bit more, not knowing what to expect. These people didn't look like the guys in white, but it could all be a trap or something.

"Director Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D we wish to speak to you."

Danny's stance softened a little, he was still very alert though. "You mean like talk to me, like a normal person. Without trying to shoot me into oblivion?" He questioned. Eyes flicking over to the female agent's gun again.

"Yes, we have come seeking your expertise in the substance known as ectoplasm, as well as some of your... unique abilities." He explained. "Someone has stolen a powerful weapon and wishes to take over this planet. We require your assistance in tracking to object, and maybe in your fighting skills."

Danny's face turned into more one of shock. "You want me to help?" He looked at Hill who was still all tensed up. "I wouldn't think you guys would trust me. I don't have the best track record."

"Right now we just want you to help us stop this man. We can worry about your past later."

"How do I know I can trust you, I mean you could walk me into a trap." Danny paused for a second thinking. "How do I know you are not working with the Guys in White?"

"We are not working with the GIW, and we know of their past with you. You may not trust us, as we you. But we need your help with this, you can fly outside of the jet if that will make you feel safer."

Danny raised an eyebrow and looked around him at the Jet with a pilot sitting in the front seat who was wearing an identical suit to the one the female agent was wearing. Danny leaned back a bit contemplating his options. He could just leave and not look back. But something was telling him to help them, he could tell that whatever it was that they needed help with was bad. He couldn't not help, his core ached with the thought of people being hurt, and if he just left them to battle this on their own what kind of person would he be?

He looked back up at Nick who showed no emotion. "I...-I will help."

Nick looked down on him for a second and raised his hand out to the young ghost. "Thank you for choosing to come with us." He stated, there was no emotion in his voice.

Danny reached out to shake his hand and the moment their hands touched Danny felt a light tingle in his arm, he played it off as nothing, but Fury pulled his hand back looking down at it, and then the boy. "You are... cold." He said questingly.

"Oh yeah, sorry I should have warned you." Danny once again raised his hand to the back of his neck, Jazz always said he would get a rash from rubbing it so much.

Nick turned towards the ship behind him and waved his hand to signal that Danny and Hill should follow. Danny looked around nervously, should he be doing this? No, they asked for his help, so he was going to help them. He just hoped that this doesn't end badly.

He floated off the ground just slightly before hovering slowly into the ship. Fury motioned Danny to a seat which Danny cautiously sat down in and buckled up. When he looked up he saw that there was another agent in the jet with them, he was already buckled up and was waiting for the director to return. He had a blaster in his hand, it didn't look anything fancy, but the guy looked like he was gripping it for dear life.

Hill looked at Danny and sat in her own seat next to the other agent, while Fury sat next to Danny. Once they were all buckled up Fury gave the all-clear and the ship took off.

Danny thought this was cool, it felt like he was in the ops center when it was in its alt transformation, just without his Dad's crazy driving. Could you get a ticket for speeding in a jet?

x

The Jet pulls up to a ship that is floating in the middle of the ocean riddled with planes and people, they had been traveling for about an hour now. Danny gazed out of the window, this was really cool.

They pulled up to a person holding two batons and were waving them signaling where the ship could land. The ship landed with a sudden jolt and the engine turned off. The moment Danny stepped out onto the ground he looked out into the ocean that was in front of him. It was beautiful.

As soon as Hill stepped off the jet she called out to Danny. "You better hang on." She warned.

Danny had a puzzled look on his face, what could she mean? Just then the water started to swirl around the ship and it started to rise out of the water. Danny hovered a little closer to the edge to get a better look at what was happening. The ship was starting to fly. IT WAS A FLYING SHIP! Danny's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head, this was so cool!

Danny swore he could see a smirk on Agent Hill's face at Danny's surprise. "You should meet up with Dr. Banner so you can help each other with locating the Tesseract," Nick mentioned as he started to walk away from the teen ghost. Danny followed close behind and he was trailed by the two other agents from the jet and Agent Hill. One of the two agents had his hand on his blaster while the other looked tense. Danny sighed slightly, these guys didn't trust him. And he doubted anyone else on this ship did either.

Danny had started walking on the ground instead of floating, because of how unconfinable it made the other agents. He followed Nick into a room within the ship. The moment he walked in multiple of the people in the room turned to look at him, they only looked for a second and seemed a bit uneasy as they turned back to their monitors. Danny tried to ignore them walking a bit more away from the people, as Nick walked over to what looked like the master control panel.

Danny noticed that there were another couple of people that were in the room that didn't seem like they belonged. Mainly because they were not wearing the same uniforms everyone else in the room was wearing. They seemed to be in a bit of awe and also glancing cautiously at him. Danny realized that sometimes if he was in a room with other humans his cold presence sort of put people off a bit.

Danny sighed trying to sort of hide in the corner of the room without being weird, the last thing he wanted was more people looking at him. Everyone had been calling out commands and info at each other, but Danny mostly ignored it. He did look up when Nick spoke up again turning around to face the people in street clothes. "Gentlemen."

The taller blond man nodded and passed Nick a ten-dollar bill. Danny chuckled, they must have had a bet or something. Nick motioned slightly for Danny to walk closer to the group before turning towards a man who looked like he was almost trying to hide. "Doctor, thank you for coming." He held his hand out to the man.

The doctor nodded and shook the director's hand. "Thanks for asking nicely." He paused. "So, um how long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on the tesseract, you're in the wind."

The man started to walk around the area a bit. "And where are you with that."

Nick gestured towards Colson who started talking in response. "We are sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops... If it's connected to a satellite it is eyes and ears for us."

Danny's eyes widened slightly. "You can actually do that?" He muttered partly in disbelief part betrayal. Cap turned and looked at him for a second only barely hearing him because of his slightly enhanced hearing.

The redhead spoke up turning to the group. "Still not going to find them in time."

The doctor turned around. "You need to narrow your field." He paused for a second. "How many spectrometers do you have access to?"

Nick smirked smugly. "How many are there?"

"Call up every lab you know." The doctor continued. Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition... at least we can rule out a few places." Nick nodded.

Coulson spoke up. "Kid, you can sense ectoplasmic entities right?" Danny's attention snapped to him, he then nodded with a slightly confused look on his face.

"Can you tell where the tesseract is?" He questioned.

Danny shook his head. "No, but I may be able to sense it when it is nearby."

Coulson nodded and turned back to his work, as the doctor and the redhead left the room.

X

The next hour was quite quiet, everyone tried to avoid Danny and no one had talked to him yet, so he just stood in the corner of the room waiting for something to happen. This was quite boring, and right now it seemed that they didn't need him after all. He sighed as he leaned his head against the wall. Suddenly someone called out.

"We got a hit. 67% match. Wait crossmatch 79%"

Coulson walked over to him. "Location?"

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konisgesse." He answered. "He is not exactly hiding."

Nick nodded. "Romanoff, Rodgers, I want you there." He paused for a second as they started walking away. "Phantom, you too. Stay behind in the ship for backup. And don't try anything." Fury warned and Danny started to walk down the hall after the two that just left.

---

Notes

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it is not as perfect as I wanted it to be but I like it. Please leave a comment to tell me what you think. Tnanks for reading. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 8.6K 31
This is just kept to see how badly i wrote when i was 12, thankfully i have had many english lessons since then. Peter accidentally messaged the wron...
17.8K 812 32
Your name is Nova Hemming and you've been a Stark Industries legal advisor since Tony Stark became Iron Man. You are in the heart of New York City w...
61.7K 1.9K 24
After fighting 2 wars, defeating multiple monsters and going blind in Tartarus, Percy Jackson just wants to live a normal life with his mortal family...
5.6K 257 9
"Would you believe me if I told you other universes exist." "What-," "Answer the question, Tony." ___ Portals seem to be opening up all over the pl...