Inglorious Bastards [Theodore...

By Y_Allen

This is the rewrite of my fanfic BLACK. It is a series and has a different ending! CARINA BLACK could not be... More

The Seven Prophecies
Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
PART II
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
PART IV
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
PART V
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
PART VI
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
PART VII
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Thank you!
SEQUEL

Chapter Eighty-Eight

7K 211 563
By Y_Allen

Before Harry left for the Forest, he and Morgan spoke to one another. He saw Morgan standing at the blasted doors that was leading to the Forest. His eyes were all red and puffy from crying. From the looks of it, Harry knew that Morgan have seen this end for some time now. He approached Morgan, and for the first time he found it hard to look at the young man in the eye.

"I'll walk with you," Morgan said.

Harry nodded. The two of them walked side by side through the rubble.

"There was a reason why Dumbledore had me along in your lessons," Morgan began. "But after you left, he would ask me to stay... and he would show me another memory... it shows the memory of someone seeing the night your parents died from outside the window... and he kept asking me why didn't you die, why did Voldemort fall... I didn't know it at the time... but then, after Dumbledore's death, everything became clear... I started to have visions about the horcruxes."

"So, you knew all this time," Harry said.

"Dumbledore made me take the Unbreakable Vow... he made me swear not to tell you the whole prophecy that I saw until you found the truth yourself... the prophecy of the war."

"Can I hear it?"

They were almost at the Forest.

"A dog shall hear the whispers; a wolf will seek those has taken the oath of perpetuity; a falcon will reach an island no Muggle can reach... And all the while, the Chosen One shall seek what remains of the eight fractured souls. One was stolen under our noses – the other hidden in gold and silver – the other forgotten in the castle – the other hides by its master's side – and the last one," Morgan turned to Harry. "Walks among us... unknowing of what he truly is. Neither one can live with the other. Only one shall survive."

They stopped atop the hill just before the Forest. Harry turned to Morgan and finally met the boy's eyes.

"I guess I never really knew Dumbledore," Harry said. "What about Snape. Did you know about him? About what he did?"

"No..." Morgan's brows furrowed.

Harry was not sure if it was because of their walk that his heart was now calm. It amazed him how Morgan knew exactly what to do. Like he was this guardian that he never knew.

"We were wrong about him," Harry said. "All this time, we thought he was the enemy, it turns out he was –"

"The unspoken hero," Morgan concluded. "Of course."

They turned to the Forest.

"I remember, back when we went to save Ginny at the Chamber... you said that if I had the Sword of Gryffindor, then I would live," Harry said. "Anything I should know before I..."

Morgan took Harry's hand. It was cold and trembling.

"I remember what Ron said back in fourth-year – Divination – about his star-reading for you... you're going to suffer, but you will be happy about it... what are you feeling right now?"

"I don't know," Harry said. "I'm not sure."

"The stone will give you clarity, Harry," Morgan said.

Harry nodded, "Thank you, Morgan."

As Harry walked into the Forest, Morgan went back to the castle. His heart beating faster than normal as the visions he is seeing kept changing into two possibilities, and the decision depends all on a mother's love for her son.

~*~

Carina watched in sadness as Theodore kept checking his father's pockets for something. After a while of trying to console him, Theodore suddenly had this idea that his father might have something to help them kill the Dark Lord, so he's been fishing in his father's pockets, and the coat that his father made him wear. Carina tried to make him stop but Sirius told her to let him be.

"Theodore, please," Carina said.

"No, my father would not just leave me something without a reason," Theodore said as he checked the lining of his father's coat. "Even when I was a boy, all his gifts had a meaning – and he gave me this coat, so it has to mean something – he must have something that could help us."

Seeing that the boy was not handling the grief too well, Sirius decided to stop him. He approached Theodore and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. Theodore stepped back, eyes filled with tears.

"He won't just give this to me without reason!" Theodore said.

"There are times when the act itself is just what it is," Sirius tried to reason. "Maybe your father wanted to give you something that you could remember him by."

"Aren't these enough?!" Theodore showed his fists. "That man would never give me something for no reason – there has to be a reason."

"Love doesn't have to have a reason – especially if it's a father's love," Sirius said.

"No – he can't – he – he –" Theodore broke down on the ground. Clutching his father's coat. He felt something crumple under his hold. He felt it again. The feel of a crumpled paper. It was hidden inside the lining. Theodore ripped open the lining. This alarmed Sirius and the others. Roman tried to stop Theodore from destroying his father's coat but before Roman could take him away, Theodore saw what was hidden in the lining. It was a photo. An old one. The photo of his parents in a nursery, with a baby. His mother carefully handed the baby to his father, and for the first time he saw his father smiling. The man was smiling as he lifted the baby in the air and then carried it in his arms. He was the baby in the picture.

"Theodore, there's something at the back," Carina spoke.

Theodore flipped the photo and saw the familiar penmanship of his father.

Theodore,

No words can explain the pain that I have brought you, but I hope with the last few moments we have, I would be able to ask for you forgiveness.

A father's love can never be equal to a mother's love to their child. I know that, and I hope that you would accept my love even if it is not equal to you mother's. I can never be equal to you mother because she was the most wonderful woman I have ever met.

Don't make the same mistake as I did. Blood and knowledge do not compare to love and family. And no matter who you choose, your mother and I would give you our blessing.

Father.

After reading the letter, at the far corner, Theodore noticed the beautiful handwriting that he has not seen in a long time. It was his mother's handwriting, and it says,

Theodore's 1st Birthday

Theodore turned to his father. A man he despised for so long. A man he antagonized for his whole life because he brought nothing but pain and anger all through his childhood. But all of a sudden, after reading his father's letter, he suddenly remembered that his childhood wasn't all pain and anger, there were times that he was happy. And not just because he was with his mother, but because he was with his father.

Theodore reached for his father's hand and held it tight. He tried his best not to cry, but the longer he looked at his father he couldn't stop his tears.

"I forgive you, Father," Theodore whispered.

Carina went to Theodore's side, she sat down before Nott's body to offer her respects. Theodore turned to her and then to her hand. She was still wearing his family's ring. Carina brought Theodore to her arms and lets him cry on her shoulder. She has never seen Theodore cry before, and she knew that he was the type of person who didn't want to cry before anyone, but there is only so much a person could take. Roman joined them and knelt beside Theodore, he reached for the white blanket and finally covered Nott's body.

"If I'm to be arrested," Theodore spoke. "I want you to bring my father's body with the others – call out of Minty. She would know what to do... he deserves to be with mother... so tell Minty after the pyre, collect his ashes and mingle it with mother's."

"We don't have to do it, Theodore, because you will do it yourself," Carina said.

Theodore shook his head, "They will round up all the Death Eaters – including me – we'll be given a proper trial – so, I am asking you to do this not just for me but for him... please."

"We promise," Carina said.

After what seemed like a long time, Morgan suddenly came back to the castle. He looked pale and was full of sorrow.

"Where have you been?" Cedric asked.

"They're here," Morgan said.

They all got up from the ground and went to the doors to see. Theodore and Carina held onto each other as they stood beside Roman, Sirius, Remus, and Tonks. Before them, the army of Death Eaters approached with the Dark Lord at the front with his snake, and behind him was Hagrid carrying someone. Carina let out a cry as she realized who it was that Hagrid was carrying. Sirius felt cold at the sight of Harry's familiar messy hair, he turned to Remus and Tonks and saw them near to tears as well.

"Who is that? Neville, who is that?" Ginny asked.

Maisie tried to hold her back, but Ginny shrugged her off.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" The Dark Lord said.

"NOO!" Ginny cried.

"SILENCE!"

Ginny was held back by her father.

"Stupid, girl!" The Dark Lord said. "Harry Potter is dead... from this day forth... you put your faith, in me... HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Laughter came from the Death Eaters. "And now is the time to declare yourself to me... come forward and join us... or die."

None move.

"Draco," Malfoy called.

They all turned to Draco.

"C-Come..." Malfoy commanded.

Draco looked hesitant.

"Draco..." Narcissa called sincerely. "Come..."

Draco went down the stairs then went to join his parents. He was greeted by the Dark Lord before he joined his parents. But it wasn't just Draco that they were asking to come...

"Theodore..." Narcissa called.

Theodore's jaw clenched when he was called by them.

"Theodore," Voldemort said. "All is forgiven..."

Theodore did not move; he stood his ground and he made sure to show them that he was holding Carina's hand, and had no intention of letting go. The Dark Lord's face fell at the sight of him holding onto Carina and his refusal to join him once more.

"Then you shall suffer the same fate as your father..."

Sirius and Remus stepped forward, shielding Theodore from the Dark Lord. Neville limped forward. Carina's eyes widened at the sight of Neville.

"Well, I must say, I hoped for better," Voldemort said. Laughter came from the Death Eaters. "And who you might be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom."

"Well, Neville, I'm sure I could find a place for you in our ranks."

"I like to say something..." Neville said.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'll all be fascinated on what you have to say..."

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone –"

"Stand down, Neville!" Seamus said.

"—people die every day! Friends, family... yeah, we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here... so is Fred... Vivian... Jason... Mister Alston... all of them... they didn't die in vain... but you will, because you're wrong! Harry's died for us... for all of us!" Neville pulled out the Sword of Godric Gryffindor out of the Hat.

From Hagrid's arms, Harry fell and the sound of his grunt caught their attention. He got up from the ground and got out his wand –

"Confringo!"

Many were in shock at the sight of Harry running, many cheered at the sight of him alive. All of a sudden, Draco ran from his parents' side, he ignored his mother's call, and threw a spell at the Dark Lord's way, that caught the attention of many of the Death Eaters that many tried to kill him, luckily, Theodore and Roman were quick and sent a spell to protect Draco, and Narcissa as she followed her son. Once Draco and Narcissa were safely in their crowd, Theodore pushed them further inside to hide. Narcissa and Sirius stopped just as they saw each other's eyes, and a mutual understanding was made. They would set aside their differences, for now.

They retreated back to the castle, with Kingsley, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, and Theodore protecting the retreating students by deflecting the spells.

"We have to get them inside! We have to kill the snake!" Harry told them.

"We only have one sword and two Basilisk fangs here!" Roman said.

"We're not idiots to only get two, you know!" Ron tossed Roman three fangs.

"Here!" Ron handed him a Basilisk fang. "You two!"

Roman caught the fangs and handed two to Theodore and Carina. While in retreat, Draco used a shielding charm to not only defend himself but also Roman. Roman turned to him, in shock.

"What's the world turn to? Malfoy is protecting me?!" Roman exclaimed.

"SAVE IT FOR LATER, ALSTON!" Carina sent a spell at a group of Death Eaters and an explosion happened. Malfoy turned behind him and saw the unconscious Death Eaters, he turned back to Carina. "Nope, I did not save you – I saved myself – you fucking twat."

Theodore rolled his eyes, "Seven years, and your pride is still the same."

"The fact that she snogged a Slytherin – and not only just a Slytherin but is are a huge change – duck!" Roman sent a spell at the Death Eater behind Theodore.

Just as they were to join Sirius and the others, Bellatrix Lestrange came and sent a spell at their way. Carina used a shielding charm to stop it. But Bellatrix was not alone, she was soon joined by Rabastan and Rodolphus Lestrange. Theodore glared at Rodolphus Lestrange; he was the one who killed his father.

"I've always known to never trust children," Rodolphus said.

"That's a lot coming from a man whose mental age is the age of a fucking three-year-old!" Theodore retorted. Reducto!

A duel commenced. Carina battling Bellatrix Lestrange, and Theodore and Roman battling the Lestrange brothers.

"Little bitch still can't use Unforgivable Curses?" Bellatrix mocked. "Pity – Avada Keda –"

A whip suddenly took hold of Bellatrix Lestrange's wrist, the one with the wand. Turning, the mad woman saw that the whip was coming from Sirius. And he did not look too happy to see her. Sirius pulled the whip and had Bellatrix on the ground, but before she could fall, she turned into smoke and flew around the hall. Sirius and Carina chased after her, leaving Theodore and Roman in their battles.

After Theodore got Rodolphus and Rabastan on the ground, Roman made sure to disarm them and had them tied up with the Incarcerous Spell. The brothers struggled in their binds, without their wands, they couldn't get out. Theodore pointed his wand at them.

"Without your bloody wands, you're nothing," Theodore said.

"Do it," Rabastan said. "You can't, can't you – you're nothing but a coward! All talk, but you don't have the balls to do it!"

"It's not that I can't, because I can, but I choose not to... I won't lower myself to the likes of you," Theodore whistled. "But I'm sure Alcander wouldn't mind having a little snack."

The sound of heavy running caught the men's attention. Bursting through the doors, Alcander came and circled the Lestrange brothers. He then grabbed them by their legs and dragged them away. And only the chimera and Theodore would know what happened to them.

Carina and Sirius chased after Bellatrix Lestrange through the castle. Carina managed to block and dodge many of the woman's curses, while Sirius sent offensive spells at her way. The mad woman was fast, but not fast enough. Carina summoned the whip with her wand with the spell Orbisogmio, and with the direction the woman was, she managed to capture the witch's leg and drag her down to the ground. Bellatrix landed on the hard concrete coughing at the sudden loss of air. Before the woman could do anything, Sirius placed a freezing charm at her, and the woman turned to stone. Frozen at place. Bellatrix Lestrange looked up and saw the father and daughter glaring down at her. She tried to say something – something – she won't let them have the last word in this –

"Alice and Frank Longbottom... Marlene McKinnon... Gideon and Fabian Prewett," Sirius said. "Tom Goldstein... Emmanuelle Black... those are the few whose family you left broken..."

"Funny – how fate works," Carina spoke, her eyes never leaving Bellatrix Lestrange. "You killed my mother and my uncle... you tried to kill me... in the end you will die in our hands... and no one will mourn you."

Carina turned to her father. Sirius had her step back as he cast the spell. Bellatrix Lestrange exploded into ashes. She was gone. And she will never haunt them ever again. Sirius turned to his daughter and brought her to an embrace.

"She won't ever touch you again," Sirius told her.

Their hug broke when they saw Harry dueling the Dark Lord. They watched from a far distance – along with the others – as their spells collided. Red and green. Theodore and Roman came to Carina's side and stood beside her to see the final battle to be won.

"Neville killed the snake!" Roman told her.

Carina and Sirius smiled.

Harry's spell overpowered the Dark Lord, and finally disarmed him. The Elder Wand flew in the air, and like the Seeker he was, Harry managed to catch it. And Tom Riddle fell on the floor, his body feeble and shrunken. Tom Riddle was dead. There was a shivering silence, a shock of a moment. Then, thunderous cheers and roar broke it as they celebrated Harry's victory.

The war was finally won.

~*~

The sun rose over Hogwarts. The Great Hall full with life and light. They laid Tom Riddle's body in a hall, away from the bodies of Fred, Vivian, Alric, Jason, Nott, and twenty others who have fallen in the battle. While the others celebrated the victory with butterbeer and food. Peeves sang his song of celebration. Filch has gotten started with his cleaning, with Roman giving him a hand. Filch simply nodded at his way, but was thankful.

Theodore was almost arrested with the Malfoy for being Death Eaters, but with Kingsley being the temporary Minister of Magic, he stopped the arrest, saying that Theodore and Narcissa Malfoy fought with them in the battle. But many demanded that they be given a trial, Kingsley was forced to agree, but he told them, "For now, let us rest."

After letting Carina join her family, Theodore sat with the Malfoys, alone, at one of the tables, they were not noticed by the others. He watched as Carina joked and laughed with the Weasleys, Maisie, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, and the others, he smiled when he saw her glance his way and gestured him to come there, but he shook his head. Narcissa saw the exchange and turned to Theodore.

"Why don't you join them?" Narcissa asked.

"Because if I come close, I'm pretty sure Sirius Black would kick my arse," Theodore said.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of Sirius Black," Draco teased.

"I'm afraid of hurting him," Theodore smirked, "And I don't think jinxing my girlfriend's father would be a good first impression."

"How is it that you're alive?" Draco asked.

"Turned the antidote to solid mass and made sure to fit it between my teeth," Theodore said. "Originally, that concoction was for Carina – one tear drop and it would give her temporary death – that way I could smuggle her out of the Manor – but I didn't get to use it, so off to Plan C: use it on myself to get the Dark Lord off of my back, and give one last "fuck you" to you and Bellatrix Lestrange."

Draco chuckled, "Only you, would think of something so risky and actually do it."

"Well, as a wise man said..." Theodore glanced at Sirius's way. He had his arm around Harry as the godfather and godson clinked each other's glasses as cheers. "What's life without a little risk."

"A little?" Draco raised a brow.

While they talked, Nigel approached Theodore. He was carrying two glasses of butterbeer, and handed one to him.

"Did it work? My transmission?" Nigel asked.

Theodore smiled, "Well, I did get here with the chimera, so it did."

Nigel smiled.

"Ever though of learning how to speak Greek?" Theodore said. "You do know that the message I had you send was in that language, right?"

"I'm pretty sure that I messed it up."

"You didn't – trust me," Theodore said.

"Maybe, see you around... Theodore."

"You too, Nigel."

After Nigel left, Theodore saw Carina walking towards him with her own glass of butterbeer. She smiled at the Malfoys' way. Narcissa nodded at her way, Lucious had his eyes on the ground, while Draco was hesitant to meet Carina's eyes.

"Narcissa," Carina began. "Thank you... for everything."

Narcissa smiled.

"And Malfoy," Carina turned to her cousin. Draco turned to her, finally meeting her gaze. "You did good."

"What's this?" Roman appeared after sweeping the rubble at the entrance. "Carina giving Malfoy a compliment?"

"Shut it, Fleebag!" Carina turned to Roman.

"Don't tell me you've grown soft," Roman teased.

"I did not! Besides, didn't Malfoy save your arse earlier?!"

"I – I – you saved his!"

While Carina and Roman argued, Theodore, Narcissa, and Draco smiled as they watched them starting to call each other names. Draco turned to Theodore.

"You're lucky to have them," Draco said. "And I'll have to admit, I was jealous with the friends that you have."

Theodore smiled, "It's not too late for you to find yourself your own, Draco."

Theodore got up. He swung his arm over Carina and Roman's shoulders and led them away from the Hall. Following their little group were the wargs, whose numbers grew because of those who rejoined their pack after deserting the Dark Lord. They led the wargs back to the Forest. Hati transformed to his human form, Theodore and Carina said nothing and made sure to look anywhere but anywhere near the ground as the man before them was naked.

Roman stood before Hati and held out his hand for the warg. Hati took Roman's hand and shook it. But then, the warg placed a wolf's pelt in Roman's arms.

"A new vow," Hati said. "If Hogwarts ever needs help, we will be there to help you."

Roman smiled, "I'll make sure to tell the new Headmistress... and I'm sure she would be happy about it."

"We shall take our leave now," Hati said. "It was an honor to fight with you, Roman Alston."

"And you, Hati – and as well as Eska," Roman glanced at the warg who he fought to get their alliance. The warg, Eska, grinned at Roman, showing her sharp teeth. Roman slightly shrunk at the sight of it. He was no sure if it was the wolf smiling or threatening her.

After goodbye, Hati and the wargs left for the Forest, and they made sure to settle somewhere near Hogwarts to be able to answer to the call if needed. The three friends then started their hike back to the castle.

"So, what do you plan to do now?" Theodore asked.

Roman sighed, "I'll be going to New Zealand to get my mother and Maeve... tell them about what happened to Dad... and also, to meet Maeve's father."

Theodore and Carina turned to Roman in shock. Roman sighed as he faced them.

"Maeve isn't Dad's..." Roman said. "I found out when I went home for the holidays to meet her, after she was born... I couldn't bring myself to tell you."

"You had every right to keep it a secret, Rome, we don't have to share everything about ourselves to each other, you know," Theodore said.

"Aye, but... I feel guilty not telling you... especially when Maeve turns eleven and she won't get her Hogwarts letter... you're my family you know," Roman said.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Carina asked.

Roman shook his head, "Best if I do it alone... besides, I'm not sure if Theodore would ever get a passport."

"I have a passport," Theodore said.

"He means a Muggle-passport," Carina said.

Theodore blushed in embarrassment, "A passport's a passport!"

Carina and Roman burst out laughing. When they came to the courtyard, they saw Alcander laying on his back while being rubbed on the belly by Charlie Weasley, and with him was George and Lee Jordan.

"Who is that tickling my chimera?" Theodore said.

"Charlie Weasley," Carina answered, smiling.

"I think Cander likes it," Roman chuckled.

"Hey!" Theodore approached them. "That's not a house pet!"

Charlie, George, and Lee turned and saw Theodore approaching them with Carina and Roman at his tail. Charlie grinned when he saw them.

"So, his name is Cander?" Charlie said.

"It's Alcander," Theodore corrected. "Do you know how dangerous that is – a chimera isn't a house pet! It breathes fire!"

"I know," Charlie grinned.

Carina laughed, "Theodore, calm down, Charlie is a Dragonologist. He's stationed at Romania."

Charlie held out his hand to Theodore, "Charlie Weasley."

Theodore shook his hand, "Theodore Nott."

"Theodore. So, this big and fluffy one is yours, huh?"

"Yes, and I really don't want to be charged if he bites your head off, so, if you please just... move aside."

"But he likes it!" George tickled Alcander, and the chimera let out a purr. "Who's a good boy! Who's a good boy!"

"George, I think that's enough..." Carina said as she saw small flames coming out of the chimera's mouth.

"If you don't stop, he will –" Theodore began.

Alcander suddenly yawned and let out a breath of fire. It reached one of the stones of the castle and caused it to rubble and drop on the ground. Filch went out of the castle and saw the damage, he glared at their group. Roman made sure to point at George and Lee, who waved innocently at Filch's way. Filch shook his head and went inside, but then the Weasleys, came out with Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Maisie, Harry, Hermione, and the Diggory brothers.

"Charlie, what are you doing there! It's too dangerous!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

"It's alright, Mum!" Charlie said. "From the looks of it, he's trained."

"Yeah, trained to bite off the heads of my enemies," Theodore muttered as he shoved his hands in his pants pockets.

"It's a good thing I'm not your enemy, eh?" Charlie grinned. He then turned to Carina. "He's a good one, Carina. Make sure to bring him at the Burrow some time."

"How long are you staying?" Carina asked.

"Three months," Charlie shrugged. "Depends."

Carina turned to Theodore, she wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek, "See, they like you."

"Like him?" Tonks came to them and slung her arm around Theodore's shoulder. "He's invited to every family dinner! I heard you led the Vanguard and cast that Finite barrier! That's very impressive!"

Theodore blushed at the attention he was getting from Carina's family but hid it by looking down at his shoes.

"Look, Theodore's blushing!" Roman laughed.

Theodore waved his hand and silenced Roman's mocking laugh.

"And he knows wandless magic?!" Tonks grinned. "What can't you do?"

"Ride a taxi," Carina joked.

"What's the point in riding one when I can just Apparate to my destination?" Theodore told her.

"Clearly, our first date should be at Muggle-London," Carina said.

"First date? Wasn't our first date at the bookshop?" Theodore said.

"So, it was a date, then."

"Told you," Hermione grinned as she elbowed Harry and Ron.

"Fine," Harry muttered.

"Nope, no, no, no!" Sirius approached them. He took Carina by her arm and pulled her away from Theodore. "You're not going on any dates until you're of age!"

"Sirius, Carina is already of age!" Remus chuckled. "And so is Nott!"

"Fine, not until you... you..." Sirius couldn't find an excuse to prevent any dates for Carina and Theodore. "That is if Harry agrees that this relationship is okay!"

"Harry?" Carina said, with a deadpan look. "You won't let this happen until Harry says so? Are you hearing yourself right now, Dad?"

"He's the Chosen One! So, what he says goes!" Sirius said.

Remus and Tonks massaged the bridge of their nose.

Carina turned to Harry, and all Harry wanted was to shrink or hide behind the chimera.

"So, Chosen One, will you give Theodore your blessing – or else..." Carina glared at Harry.

Theodore and Roman were snickering.

"I – I –" Harry turned to Sirius and saw the man's begging gaze, and then to Carina who's look says, I dare you, Potter. "I'm fine – I mean Nott's alright – what makes you happy, Carina."

Sirius turned to Harry with a flabbergasted look.

"Give it up, Sirius," Tonks rolled her eyes. "Besides, it's going to happen – especially with the ring!"

"What ring?" Carina asked. She then raised her hand with the ring. "You mean this?"

Hermione, Ginny, Morgan, and Maisie grinned at the sight of it.

"It's just a shielding charm that Theodore gave me," Carina said. "Right?"

Theodore kept quiet, while the others had a deadpan look. Even Harry looked at her with a face that says, 'it's so obvious!' Sirius on the other hand looked like he was going to explode, Remus was only holding him down from attacking Theodore.

"Didn't I tell you to look into pureblood customs?" Theodore said.

"I did, but then I got really bored at the part of marriage – oh..." Carina turned to him, blushing. "Really?"

Theodore smirked, "I said it before, but I'll say it again... I love you, Carina... but I won't force you if you don't, it was just the spur of the moment and –"

Out of joy, Carina grabbed Theodore by his collar and brought him down for a kiss. Tonks and Remus took each of Sirius' arm and held him down. Harry was awkwardly rocking on his feet while glancing at Ginny. Maisie, George, Roman, and Morgan got out their wands to create small fireworks, and Ron, well, he was being reprimanded by Hermione to not give Theodore the stink-eye.

"I love you too, Theodore," Carina said.

Theodore grinned, "As much as I want to kiss you again, but I have to run because Professor Lupin can only hold your father for so long while in his Animagus form."

Turning, Carina saw her father in his Animagus form, growling at Theodore. And before Sirius could bite his leg off, Theodore transformed into a falcon and flew away, but made sure to stay close to the ground to tease Sirius. Maisie went to Carina's side and watched as Theodore give Sirius the chase the man wanted.

"I like Theodore," Maisie suddenly said.

"I'm glad," Carina said.

Theodore then nested on Carina's shoulder for safety. After Remus forced Sirius back to his human form, he took his friend by the arm and dragged him back inside.

"We'll leave you two for a moment," Remus said.

"No – no, we won't! Moony! Don't give them any ideas! Moony! Let go of me!" Sirius struggled.

While Remus and Tonks took Sirius away, the others also left the three Bastards. Charlie made sure to tell Theodore, "I hope to see you again, we have lots to talk about", before leaving with Maisie on his back, as the girl enjoyed being taller than everyone else. The only ones left at the court yard were Theodore, Carina, and Roman. Theodore transformed back to his human self and standing beside Carina.

"I want to sleep," Theodore said.

"You think the dorms are still alright?" Roman wondered.

"I heard that the dungeons got blown up," Carina added.

They ended up by the Black Lake, Theodore sat under the tree, his back resting against the trunk, he had Carina settle between his legs and lay down on his chest, while Roman went by the Lake to tickle Larry the Squid. Theodore reached out to take Carina's hand and filled the gaps between her fingers.

"I love you, Carina," he whispered.

"I love you, Theodore," Carina closed her eyes and rests on Theodore's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Just as they were to let sleep succumb them, Roman started to sing. And it wasn't the type that would be suited for a lullaby. Annoyed, Theodore waved his wand and pushed Roman into the water. Roman only resurfaced when Larry had him on a tentacle.

"I thought we were having a moment?!" Roman exclaimed.

"We were, until you started singing!" Carina said.

"Roman, how many times do we have to tell you, you can't sing!"

The Inglorious Bastards argued the whole time and only stopped when they settled in an agreement that Zacharias Smith had the most horrible voice. And in the end, Theodore and Carina finally got the sleep they have been wanting, and Roman was enjoying his time playing with Larry the Giant Squid. And like any other day by the Black Lake, the Inglorious Bastards did not care about what was happening around them. What only mattered was that moment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 364 199
Every family has its black sheep...even the Black family. Althea Black. When she was young, she never understood why her mother refused to speak of...
4.8K 68 31
Athena Lestrange tried everything to change before hogwarts. Changed her last name, her hair, her eyes. Yet no matter what she did all she saw was he...
182 30 22
We all perfectly know the magic story about the "boy who lived". We all love this magical world and its unique characters. We all rejoiced at their v...
380K 13K 87
~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was another prophecy made? It talked about...