Trap Queen of Tottenham

By jaymunni21

Chardonnay already had enough problems in her life, courtesy of her bullies in sixth form. Things take a turn... More

Author's Note I
00 - Hey
01 - Uninvited
02 - All white
03 - An AM 100ft in the air?
04 - The box
05 - "Ghettorella"
06 - Glassfell Park Estate (GPK)
07 - Bonnets
08 - Sunday surprise
09 - Come thru
10 - Five AM
11 - By your side
12 - "A Psychology babes"
Author's Note II
13 - Little Miss Secretary
14 - KFC and Chill
15 - Fairy Hoodmother
16 - Beauty is pain
17 - Angel by Mugler
18 - False pretences
19 - It's you, not me
20 - High for this
21 - Whine and kotch
22 - Welcome to the party
23 - On the floor
24 - Essex yute
25 - Going somewhere?
26 - Queen of Drunkards
27 - Sweet dreams
28 - Throw in the towel
29 - Take me to church
30 - There's rice at home
31 - Hello aunty
32 - Dogs and PUSSYcats
33 - All the stars
34 - "Wagwarn, my drillers"
35 - Love on the brain
36 - Death by Tesco trolley
37- Sinful Sunday
38 - Nitty whisperer
39 - Bedazzled nyash
41 - Trap Queen of Tottenham
42 - Modus Operandi
43 - Die Another Day
44 - Useless like yam
45 - Read all about it
46 - The Last Supper
47 - Hungry hippo gyal
48 - No snitching

40 - Hit the Block

1.1K 62 31
By jaymunni21

Friday 29th July, 13:12
Chardonnay's POV

Since I left Jasiah's house, I managed to sell a benz to an old man who was chilling outside the cornershop. I'm pretty sure he could smell the weed on me. Then again crackheads have built in illegal substance detectors.

Zooming around on my scooter, I noticed a lot more people were gathering on the road and around the blocks. The scent of fried food and other Afro-Carribean delicacies beckoned me closer towards Jasiah's house. Obviously, he wasn't stupid enough to cook in front of his yard and bait out his address but the heavenly smell was coming from his road. Regardless, I didn't want to bump into Jasiah again until I had finished my job. I only had to sell six more grams of weed. Shaking my head, I stopped in front a wall and leaned against it to catch my breath.

"Who's man is making their girl shot weed at a block party?"

On the other side of the road, a group of four boys were in a circle talking about me. They had to be at least my age or in the first year of uni.

"I dunno blud but she looks like the yat that did Jsplash dirty," added the second boy. "I'd have never expected him to be robbed, let alone by her."

"Shall we jump her?" asked the first boy.

Glancing at me, the third boy replied, "I heard that Jsplash took her in and she's working for him. I don't think she's from another gang, just leave her."

"Yeah, apparently they're dealing so I'm guessing the snap of her stealing his watch was just domestics."

"Ight, say no more. She's kinda leng though."

"Jsplash is lucky. She's got a fat back still."

Unserious. Candidates. How can you go from planning to crack my skull open to wishing you could crack my back? Rolling my eyes, I started up my electric scooter again, accelerating down the row of houses. It's crazy how everyone recognises me as the watch thief but now people are starting to think it was a misunderstanding. Or that Jasiah and I are even romantically involved. Initially, I thought Jasiah forced me to be his secretary because he liked me or because he was being asshole. I didn't really take his claims of protecting me from getting rushed by his boys seriously. However, it still doesn't make up for his past behaviour.

"Hey Chardonnay! Is that you?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I glanced around to see who the voice belonged to. A few feet away, a blonde girl was waving at me.

"Oh my gosh, Tilly?"

Tilly looked so different in an ash blonde wig. In a good way. Stunned, I continued to grin at her.

"I'm looking forward to this block party your man is hosting."

I choked on my saliva. "My man? No, Jasiah isn't- in fact, where's your man? Where's Tion?"

"He isn't allowed to come because his brother said there are rats on this side of Tottenham."

I remembered Tion telling me about his brother. I wonder just who his brother is.

"Erm, that's weird. Rats are everywhere in London."

"Yeah it is very strange but anyways, I'm tryna get high this evening when the block party is in full swing," squealed Tilly, shaking her ass a little.

The way Tilly's mind switched so rapidly from Tion's suspicious brother to bunning weed was almost laughable.

"I have some on me, I'll sell it to you cheap if you want."

"You got loud? Man like Chardonnay!"

I exchanged two, small plastic bags that were full of weed with Tilly, receiving a twenty pound note in return. Now I only had to sell five more grams.

Taking out rolling paper from her bag, Tilly regarded me with uncertainty. "Hmm, I'd never thought I'd see you become someone's runner."

"I'm not a runner! I just have to sell seven grams by tonight."

"Why? Is Jasiah making you sell?"

"No, it's not Jasiah. I asked to do this myself."

I'm sure either Kehlani or Yasmin must have told Tilly about Jasiah and how I used to like him.

Tilly's eyebrows furrowed. "Okay sis, just make sure you don't get robbed. I'm gonna go look for Kehlani."

Waving, I watched Tilly's head full of 3c curls bounce down the road as she jogged towards Jasiah's house.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Friday 29th July, 14:53
Jasiah's POV

Flipping one of the burgers on the grill, I scanned the street in my peripheral vision. Most of the GPK members and a few of their close friends had already gathered and were milling about. Right now, it was just a time for us to eat, catch up and thank God for keeping us. The real party would start around 4pm. That's when non-GPK members would start rolling onto our block.

"Yo, buss me some."

"Who the fuck are you talking-"

I turned around to see Jordan chuckling with a paper plate full of food in his hand.

"It's okay to show your nice side sometimes you know, it's not all the time start beef," smirked Jordan as held up his plate to me. "Here take it, I'll cook the food."

Gratefully, I took Jordan's plate and began to shovel the warm food into my mouth as I passed the barbecue tongs to him. We stood for a few minutes in silence, revelling in the moment of temporary peace.

"So what's on your mind?"

"I'm not gonna lie, I think Chardonnay is selling weed and I haven't seen her since."

Jordan dropped one of the burgers on the floor. "S-swear down... I'm sure she's around."

"You good?"

"I'm good... it's just crazy to hear Chardonnay and weed in the same sentence."

"Yeah, I haven't seen her or Katana around now that I think about it."

"I'm sure they're on the estate but the real question is do you think they'll come this evening?"

I stopped chewing my food. By 'they', Jordan was referring to the 19th gang, our opps. Every year, they would try to shoot us during the block party after midnight. And we would return the favour at their block parties too. The only difference was that we would always drop bodies and they've only been able to shoot one person.

"I'd find it a bit strange if they didn't attempt to ride out and as always, we'll be waiting for them," I grinned as I lifted my leg, showing the outline of a knife inside my shorts.

Shaking his head, Jordan continued cooking the food on the barbecue.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Friday 29th July, 15:30
Chardonnay's POV

Exhausted, I leaned against my scooter in front the corner shop. I wiped the perspiration away from my forehead. The summer heat was beginning to take its toll on me. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to wear a black jumpsuit but it would definitely come in handy in the evening.

Also, Tilly had been kind enough to tell one of cousins to look for me and buy a draw off me. All I had to sell was the remaining three grams and I could meet up with Katana. I'd just have to wait when the barbecue finishes and the block party starts in order to reach out to new 'clientele'.

I stood up straight and waltzed into the cornershop. The cooling breeze of the air conditioning kissed my burning body as I made a beeline to the drinks aisle. Koppaberg... Evian Water... Supermalt...KA but my eyes settled back on the Supermalt can. Picking up the can, I threw a pound coin at the shopkeeper and exited the cornershop. Using my bottle opener on my keys, I pried open the cap off the bottle as I skipped over to where my scooter was. Correction, to where my scooter should have been. What happened to my scooter?

Confused, I frantically looked around. It had only been two minutes since I was last with it. Staring at the spot I last left the scooter, I saw tire marks leading around the corner of the shop. I glanced around as I slowly began to follow the tire pattern around the corner. The minute I turned around the corner, I felt myself being yanked into someone's chest. I noticed a familiar looking tattoo on his hand but I couldn't remember who it belonged to. My back was pressed against his chest with his right arm wrapped around my waist and my left arm in his left hand. I tried to look back and I caught the sight of a few cornrows but he nudged me to face forwards.

"Yo miss, calm down, calm down. I'm not here to hurt you," whispered the man as he tightened his grip on me.

"Then what do you want?" I hissed, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

"The p you've made so far init."

"What?"

"Buss me the notes in your bag and I'll let you go."

"I'm broke, I don't understand what-"

The guy locked my wrists in his large left hand whilst his other hand rummaged into the depths of my pouch. Leaning forward, I attempted to swing the pouch out of his reach but he was one step ahead of me. He kicked the back of my knee in, causing me to lose my balance. Chuckling to himself, he pulled out all the money I had made - forty British sterling pounds. Forty of the seventy pounds I was supposed to give Katana in a few hours.

I shook my head. "No please! You don't understand, I need that."

"I thought you were broke darling? I'm impressed though. You've sold two draws already."

"Nah I didn't," I sighed defeatedly. "I gave a gram to a man, a gram to my friend and like you said, a draw to my friend's cousin."

"Regardless it's impressive but I'll be looking after this money for you."

"Please, I'm begging you. I really need my money back," I moaned as I tried to snatch the money out of his hand.

He waved notes above my head. "Trapping isn't meant for you b... or this lifestyle. However, I think you have bigger problems right now."

Before I could ask what he meant, he pushed me onto the floor and dashed around the corner. Getting onto my feet, I turned around to grab my scooter when I stared into the eyes of a police community officer.

"Excuse me madam, can I talk to you for a minute?" asked the officer.

Her light blue eyes stared at me intently, piercing my soul to check whether I was engaging in illegal activities. It was almost as if she knew what was in the Gucci pouch.

"We've had reports of young people brandishing knives in Glassfell Park Estate," continued the police officer. "Do you mind if you search you?"

Do I mind if I search you? Yes, yes I fucking do.

And that's when I decide to make my escape. Jogging away, I started up my scooter and zipped away down the pavement.

- It's never too late to chase your dreams

Well, it was going really well for Chardonnay until she got grabbed. Who do you think took Chardonnay's money? Do you think Chardonnay will get arrested? Who do you think Tion's brother is? Don't forget to vote - Jaymunni

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.6K 69
Must Read
193K 6.1K 39
Just read PLEASE DONT BE GHOST READERS VOTE COMMENT THANK U
19.8K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
28.2K 1.2K 16
Based in South London x Wura was not the average girl, in fact she was far from it, for her, success was not a goal but a standard. Focused on her bu...