Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

15.

1.8K 69 34
By halcyonedaysx

{.15. Ally's Boyfriend}

Ally had known saying to Joshua that she had a boyfriend would bring numerous repercussions for herself. The first one being Sirius demanding who he was so that he could make sure that Ally wouldn't be hurt and he could make sure that he was good enough for her. Ally didn't care about all that stuff if she was being honest, the only thing she needed to make sure was that she had a bloody fake boyfriend for Hogsmeade in the first place which was now one night away!

Toby thought it was hilarious. The mere thought of Ally having a boyfriend made him laugh as the thought of her being romantic was something unfathomable to him. It wasn't that she wasn't pretty, Toby acknowledged that she was beautiful it was just that she never really seemed interested in dating. She was a little ray of sunshine but she always seemed more interested in just befriending lots of people, maybe it was because of all the brothers she has. He had no idea but the thought of Ally having a boyfriend was just crazy to him.

She was sat with the marauders and Toby who were teasing her about the new mysterious boyfriend she had. She just rolled her eyes and listened to the teasing thinking about who could go to Hogsmeade with her. She couldn't help but blush at the fact Remus Lupin said it wasn't a surprise she had a boyfriend because she was pretty. She thought he was an incredibly nice boy and she'd begun to enjoy his company.

"Oh look I don't want to talk about my boyfriend, I came to spend time with my friends but you're all being such wind ups!" She fumed after a little while of their teasing

She was definitely due on her period, which is what caused the sudden outburst in front of all the boys. Remus knew he could smell the heightened hormones, especially because he was feeling the after-effects of the full moon.

"Want to come to the kitchens with me Cece? There's chocolate there?" Remus asked

Ally nodded and followed him away from the courtyard,  the walk to the Kitchens was quiet but neither of them minded. Ally just liked being in Remus' company and Remus quite liked spending time with the smaller girl too. They arrived at the kitchens and asked Lala the house elf for a cup of tea and some chocolate before they both sat down in silence.

"so Remus Lupin, want to tell me why you weren't at the slug club? I searched for you all night," Ally asked as she waited for the cup of tea

"I wasn't feeling very well, weak immune system," he said and Ally nodded

"Remus, I really think you should visit a healer, you seem to get ill very often," she stated as Lala passed the cup of tea and the chocolate

"I just get a bit ill, I'm fine. It's not too much of a bother, I'm used to it now," he commented as he snapped the chocolate and handed some to her she smiled and moaned at how good the chocolate was

"Is this Belgian?" She asked, Remus checked the wrapper and nodded

"I'm so glad that you like chocolate as much as I do, it's a very good thing to have in our friendship," he grinned

For some reason Ally felt slightly weird when Remus said they were just friends. She didn't know why but maybe it was because she thought they were a lot closer than that. She didn't know but she didn't want to dwell on it anyway, Remus Lupin was lovely and she was lucky to have a friendship with him in the first place. She had noticed that Remus was very closed off to anyone that wasn't Sirius, Peter or James so she was incredibly surprised when he was so willing to talk to her. Maybe it's because she was kind and warm but she used to be the same, incredibly scared to talk to people outside of her usual friends. It was when she became friends with Luke Hector that her confidence began to grow but only slightly.

"Chocolate is literally the key to my heart," she admitted "one time when I was at Muggle school, Wolf found out that I used to sell chocolate bars for twenty pence to make money and I'd buy bigger bars for myself at the end of the week," she giggled

"Alcyone you did not?" Remus asked with an amused grin

"Yeah I did, Atlas and Wolf thought it was hilarious and Oberon thought it was a sign I was meant to be a business woman. Perseus however, he gave me the biggest telling off ever saying," she paused so that she could clear her throat "Alcyone my dear, you shouldn't be selling chocolate to other kids because their mums and dads might not like them having sugar" she said in her best impression of Perseus  "and all that rubbish and then he gave me two galleons for being so smart," she laughed

"You truly are brilliant," he grinned

"What can I say? I'm a Montague after all," she teased with a wink

The two sipped their cups of tea in silence after that. Ally didn't know why she felt so awkward in front of him now. Maybe it's because when she looked at him she realised he was actually very handsome, the scars that lay across his face, while Ally wondered how he got them, she thought that they made him look beautiful — like he had a story to tell.

She didn't know why she was making a lot of random observations about Remus Lupin. She had never thought about him in any way other than a friend before but maybe there was something more, maybe she did fancy him? Not in a relationship way of course but more in the sense that she thought he was handsome and if she was ever asked by Sirius in a game of truth or dare which marauder she fancied, she'd say Remus for sure.

"Hows your wand magic coming along? Do you still meet with Professor McGonagall?" Remus asked

He had learned about Ally's difficulty a while ago and he had offered to help her with any subjects she needed, he often liked helping her with Defence as Sirius wasn't always available to help her. They hadn't properly started their lessons yet but he knew that she wasn't the best at it and he was ready to get a few knocks incase spells went wrong. He didn't mind though, he was used to a few knocks after a full moon as it is.

Ally was making good progress with some of her wand charms. Professor McGonagall actually told her that she would expect an Exceeds in her charms at the moment if she carried on the way she was at the moment. It was only an exceeds as she couldn't do non-verbal charms with a wand yet. That was fine, she didn't mind, as she was elated at the progress she was making in the first place.

She still wanted Atlas to teach her though, she knew that under Atlas she would be the best witch in all of Britain but for some reason her oldest brothers didn't want that and she didn't know why. She hated Hogwarts, of course she loved Toby and Luke but she always felt like a bit of a bother to them sometimes. Especially with parties, she had proven that when she was mad at them the first time for leaving her then her fears had come true and she had been drugged.

She loved them both with her entire heart though, they were her best friends and she was always going to be grateful for them and the part they played in her Hogwarts journey. She was incredibly lucky to have the two boys in her life.

"They're going well. Shall we go back to their endless taunting?" She asked as they finished their tea

Remus nodded and grabbed some of the chocolate before saying goodbye to Lala. They walked side by side talking all about her progress in wand charms and wandless charms. Remus was incredibly impressed, especially because he truly didn't know many people able to perform wandless magic yet she was in a family where two members were that could perform it? It seemed unfathomable to Remus Lupin.

They walked back and she decided to show Remus how truly good she was at wandless magic so she performed a wandless jelly-legs jinx to Luke Hector who was now standing talking to the group of boys and Remus let out a howl of laughter causing him to place a hand on her shoulder squeezing it tightly to support himself.

"Remus Lupin! You're not her boyfriend are you?" James asked in an ever-so motherly tone

"Sorry about the jinx Luke, I was showcasing my talents," she grinned as she wrapped her arms tightly around the tall boy

"That's ok love," he murmured

"To answer your question James, I am not the mysterious boyfriend. We're just friends," Remus affirmed

Ally smiled over at the boys and Luke leant his chin on her head. They continued their conversation for a little while as Ally thought about Hogsmeade. Realistically, she didn't even need to go? She could hide in the Room of Requirement all day, or just not leave her dormitory and have a day in bed. That actually sounded perfect to her the more she thought about it. She didn't know why she was going to the lengths she was to make sure that Joshua left her alone, she thinks it's because she's just scared of him. The thought of even being in a room alone with him terrified her.

"Oh my Merlin!" Toby gasped suddenly throwing his hands over his mouth

Everybody turned to look at the boy, he was ever-so dramatic, almost like Sirius was. Maybe that's slightly dramatic, Sirius was the most dramatic person in all of Hogwarts but Ally couldn't even think of what would cause Toby to react like that.

"Don't you guys see?" He asked "Luke is Ally's boyfriend!" He commented

Ally choked on air, she quickly removed herself from Luke's grasp and looked at the group she was standing with. Sirius clapped and held his hand out to James expectantly. Alcyone couldn't believe her ears or even her eyes? Why was Sirius holding his hand out like that, ally had so many questions running through her head and she was ready to absolutely hex the pants off Toby.

Remus Lupin looked at the two and noticed that they did look incredibly like a couple, he frowned at that. He noticed that Ally looked Incredibly content and happy in his arms and the only people he had ever seen her smile around like that was Regulus Black. She was happy around them, he could tell she felt safe. Remus Lupin was shy when it came to Alcyone Montague because he had a thought that she was beautiful.  He'd always acknowledged that she was beautiful but he didn't ever want to do anything about it, she was his friend and that's all that mattered to him, he would never fancy her because Why would a beautiful girl like Ally go for a monster like him?

She wouldn't.

Alcyone Montague deserved someone who could offer her money, stability, a long life full of love. Remus didn't think he would ever be able to take her on dates just to let her down further down the line, he didn't want to. He liked her and it was just as a friend but the suggestive looks that Sirius gave him made him scowl.

"Siri, what are you doing?" Ally asked as she saw him putting a hand in his pocket

"Prongs and I put a bet on, how long it would take you two to admit you were together," Sirius admitted

"They're together? Congrats Ally!" Peter said

Ally buried her head in her hands and flushed. Of course she and Luke were not together, they were friends. She went to protest when Luke put his arms around her shoulders and smiled at the group of boys.

"It's about time you all found out!" He teased

Ally Montague frowned as she saw Remus' smile drop but she replaced it with a wide grin, thankful that Luke Hector was her saving grace; thankful that he was able to help her get out of the trouble she had gotten herself into.

***

"So we need rules," Luke said as the two had excused themselves from their friends to have 'alone time'

This was just a cover up so they could discuss what the bloody hell was happening and why he was willing to lie so quickly.

"Yes, no kissing, no hugging more than necessary, no hand holding, no flirting with others in public places. Not that I flirt, but you're incredibly handsome so I can understand girls would flirt with you," she rambled

Luke grabbed her hands and laughed. She looked up at him and he had a soft smile on his face.

"Ally, I know you've never had a boyfriend before but in relationships you sometimes hand hold and how are we meant to sell it if we don't kiss?" He asked

"Look forehead and cheek kisses are fine but you're my best friend and I've never kissed anyone before so excuse me if I don't want my first one to be you know in a fake relationship," she explained "also why were you so quick to say that you were my boyfriend?" She asked

"Let's just say I have a certain bet placed and ulterior motives, love," he said placing a small kiss on her cheek as he walked away

She frowned and burrowed her eyebrows before turning to him.

"What does that mean?" She shouted "Luke? What does that mean?" She asked

He turned round and shrugged before blowing her a kiss. She scowled but laughed anyway. She was lucky that she had such a good friend.

***

Unedited

Not too happy with this one but I love Ally being friends with everyone so I had to include a group and some Remus fluff.

I'm really struggling writing updates on this I'm not going to lie, sometimes inspiration just doesn't come to me and it hasn't for weeks. Updates my be slow until I get some more pre-written chapters out there.

Please comment and vote x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.2K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
57.7K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗌 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠, 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔...
184K 3.9K 35
꧁In which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother꧂ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...
28.2K 567 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...