Harry Potter and The Shadowed...

By itshannieee

After the final battle Harry learns some unsettling truths about himself and those who he trusts the most. Fo... More

The bonds that hold us
Unlocked Potential
A look beneath a mask
The master of Three
Hello Old world, I'm back
Honey I'm home
Snake in the nest
Revenge served cold
Magical Maze's
Allies and Enemies
Friends, old and new
A web is cast
Then there were three
Let the disillusionment begin
Black family values
new experiences and namely friends
Fate really does like certain events
Unravelling a web
Far fetched reality
Four out of five
Second year
A peacock and two weasels
Traditions
Building bridges
Secret chambers and sacred maps
How to get rid of a peacock
foolish plans of a peacock
Theft and compulsions all around
A diary
yuletide
An inner circle
Mortem Magicae
Call me Marvolo
Relocation
A baby Dark Lord in the making
Part two
It begins
It's not all sunshine and daisies
Bug Hunting
The First Steps
Will there be dragons?
Magical interventions
I see fire
How to catch a goat
End of a Legend
A monster of our own making

A complete soul, more or less..

17.8K 802 173
By itshannieee

Previously

"Just who are you, my Harrison?"

"He's my master," Death said causing Marvolo to turn his head sharply and on reflex reach for a wand that wasn't there, Harry however jumped before rolling his eyes.

"Death," he said chiding himself slightly for forgetting about the being's presence. How he had done so he didn't know as the aura Death gave off was stifling.

"who are you?" Marvolo hissed, being taken by surprise as he didn't think there was anybody else in the room.

"I am what you fear most, Tom Marvolo Riddle. I am the last thing people see, the silent shadow-"

Harry rolled his eyes at this and cut off Deaths poetic speech, "this is Death, the embodiment, guardian, being, whatever you want to believe."

Marvolo had gone shock still and white as he stared at Death in horror before his panicked gaze found Harry.

"I think you have some talking to do my little mate." He said, although with his red eyes locked onto him, Harry thought it sounded more like a threat.

~

Making sure to keep the glare he wanted to send hidden, as master or not you didn't want to piss off Death, Harry turned to the being in the corner of the room.

"Thank you for coming Death and for allowing Marvolos return. I am truly grateful but I think it would be best if you vanished for now. If I need you or you wish to talk further on the ritual then come to me again but now is not that time."

"As you wish master," Death said before turning to Marvolo, "until we meet again." With that the being slowly seemed to melt into the shadows, taking with it some for the heaviness in the air.

"Talk Harrison." Marvolo said, his voice coming out slightly strangled as his eyes darted around the room, lingering on the shadows with suspicion.

"I suppose I should, but first I think it best if you recover yourself a bit more, I swear to you I will tell you everything when you're well enough." Harry said slowly, he could tell Marvolo's mind wasn't yet clear and he didn't wat to add to that burden.

"I am fine," Marvolo insisted, he didn't care about the pain or the confusion, no what he cared about was how his mate had conquered death itself, something he couldn't do. He wanted, no, needed to know how. Feeling his mind going off on a tangent he tried to focus, how easily his mind slipped into madness was disturbing him... he could tell something wasn't right.

"If you're in half as much pain as me then I know that's a lie."

The words caused Marvolo to still and finally break through the haze that had started to build up, he didn't want Harrison in pain. The idea of it made him uneasy, which itself perturbed him as he wasn't used to caring about other people's needs or wants. Yet he wanted Harrison to be well, he needed it.

Looking now he could see the strain in those expressive green eyes and the slight sheen of sweat on Harrison's brow, that he hadn't previously noted them made Marvolo frown.

"You are in pain." Was said as a statement, rather than a question.

"I've had worse," Harrison said, the pain was fading now, his muscles aching but in a dull way.

The words cause the frown to deepen and Marvolo wondered on them, he would find out exactly what or who had caused his little mate pain and he would make them regret it. Briefly his eyes tracked the faded scars he could see on his mate and he vowed to himself that for each one the people who caused them would suffer a year in his care.

Seeing the gleam in Marvolo's eyes Harry felt a fleeting moment of pity before it disappeared, he recognised that look from his life before but instead of it filling him with fear and dread, Harry felt a tingling of anticipation.

"Harry?" Sirius's voice called out before the door opened slightly breaking the tension in the room.

Turning Harry sent Sirius and Remus tired smiles, Marvolo however narrowed his eyes and watched the two men approaching him like a hawk, before his eyes found Harrison again. He wanted to corner his mate and get answers, not deal with other people... Also, who was 'Harry?' such a common name was not acceptable, no his little mate was Harrison, a much more fitting name.

"My Lord," the revered tone drew his attention from Harrison's interaction and he noticed that the two who had followed in behind now lay before him with their heads bowed. Seeing the servitude sent a fleeting pulse of pleasure through him before it was drowned out by repulse. He didn't want weak snivelling sycophants, but strong followers who would and could, support and spread his ideals. He needed soldiers not servants.

Not bothered about keeping his displeasure hidden, he sent a fleeting glance to Harrison who was now drinking what looked like a pain reliever and a was holding an empty bottle of a muscle relaxer. Seeing his mate was being taken care of sent a wave of relief through him and he turned his attention to the two men in front of him who seemed both awed and terrified of him.

"Stand, you're the Lords of your houses. You shouldn't kneel and scrape on the floor like common street rats."

The tone of words jolted the men and it took them a few moments to process what their Lord had said, Severus being the first stood warily, not willing to risk looking his Lord in the eyes. He didn't want to draw any negative attention to himself and suffer the consequences.

"Severus, Harrison said you would be here."

"Yes, my Lord."

"And you Lucius, though I am not surprised as your family has continuously been faithful."

"Always my Lord,"

"Can you give him pain and muscle potions Severus?" Harrison's voice rose over the room.

Severus seemed to be knocked from his stupor hearing this and quickly reached into his robes pulling out various vial before approaching Marvolo hesitantly, as if moving quickly would break the almost calm and respectful atmosphere.

Taking the vials Marvolo allowed his magic to reach out and test the potions within them, follower or not, he was the dark Lord and he trusted no one, especially as he couldn't quite recall everything that had happened. Feeling that the potions where pure and of the highest quality Marvolo took them in quick succession, the relief he felt not showing on his face even as he basked in being pain free.

A flash of green light and so much pain

Darkness, pain, longing

"My Lord?" Severus asked hesitantly.

He couldn't believe this man was the Lord he had followed in his youth, if it wasn't for the aura of darkness and his pure presence, he would have thought the ritual had failed. The only thing his man shared with his Lord physically were the blood red eyes that Severus still sometimes had nightmares about.

"Leave me."

Harry hearing this stood with the help of Remus. He knew that Marvolo was in pain and didn't want to be seen as weak, but he didn't want to leave him on his own just yet.

"I've had rooms prepared for you, perhaps it would be best if you were to recover there?"

Sending his mate a nod, Marvolo braced himself to stand. Even with the potions now dulling the pain, he didn't know if he would be able to make even a short walk.

Knowing how he felt, Harry summoned Kreacher, "Kreacher, could you please take Marvolo and I into the rooms I had prepared earlier."

Kreacher nodded, sending Sirius a fleeting glare before taking Harrys arm and turning to the man his human indicated to. Feeling the magical aura around the man Kreacher warily approached, it was so vast and so dark yet oddly familiar. It took a moment for him to recall it before he recognized it.

"Master Dark Lord, sir," the house elf said bowing.

Standing Marvolo placed a hand on the elf's free arm and allowed himself to be transported, glaring one final time at the other occupants of the room.

~

With the Dark Lord and Harry leaving it felt like a weight had been lifted from the room.

"So, is it just me or does anybody else think that having a Dark Lord who looks younger than we are is weird?" Sirius eventually said, breaking the tension in the air that their departure had caused and gaining incredulous looks from the two Slytherins. Remus however couldn't stop and fell into helpless laughter after seeing the looks on the others faces.

"It is disconcerting having our Lord appear so human, however I don't believe anybody will be mistaking him for an average light wizard any time soon."

"Pppft, as if they could, I thought he was going to AK me for breathing. I swear he was less scary last time, now that he has a pretty face its disturbing, pretty people shouldn't be that scary."

Silence descended as the Slytherin's froze in horror and looked around, as if they expected their Lord to appear and punish the Black lord for saying such things.

"...Did you just call the Dark Lord pretty?" Severus finally asked after a few moments, the others were still too socked to speak.

Seeing the incredulous looks Sirius huffed with a pout before petulantly saying, "well, he is pretty."

~

Arriving with a near silent pop, Harry immediately started walking towards the arm chairs placed near the fire, seeing this, Marvolo followed at a comparatively slower pace, proving to Harry the man must be in some pain.

"Kreacher, could you please ensure we are not bothered unless it is an emergency?"

"Yes, little master, Kreacher shall do so," the house elf promised, eyeing Harry with the adoration he had come to expect from the creature.

With their privacy settled, Harry sat and watched Marvolo join him with easy grace, the only indication he was in pain being a slight flashing of his eyes.

"Perhaps talking should wait until your feel better," he said, it wasn't that he necessarily wanted to postpone the chat- which he did, but he was concerned for Marvolo's health.

"No. You will speak now," the word was said firmly and with a touch of coldness that hard Harry heckles raising slightly.

"You do not get to make demands from me," Harry said, steeling himself for a fight but not willing to bend his neck on this, he wouldn't not be a push over or allow his mate to walk all over him.

Seeing the steely determination in the emerald eyes that he found so strangely mesmerising Marvolo fought to push down his urge to punish his mate for his impertinence and tried again, "I apologise..." The words tasted foreign and wrong in his mouth, "my mind and emotions are fighting, nothing makes sense. I know I can trust you and yet parts of me fight it, I have urges that I am finding... difficult to control."

Some words where said oddly, some off them stressed and dragged out and eventually Harry realised something that shocked him, the Dark Lord looked uncomfortable. After a moment, Harry realised the inner turmoil Marvolo must be going through, having emotions, memories and urges that didn't make sense, His mind must be in chaos. For a man who had always strived for perfection, such mental lapses were probably infuriating.

With this in mind, Harry conceded- he could always tell Marvolo the details again in the future if he had to.

"Well then let me start from the beginning. However, if you can please don't interrupt me. I know you will have questions however I will answer them at the end..."

Taking a breath Harry thought for a moment about how to start his tale.

"I suppose the best place to start would be with the prophecy. Can you remember the prophecy? Severus told you it, he partially overheard it being told during an interview between Dumbledore and Sybill Trelawney, at The Hog's Head pub in Hogsmead."

Marvolo thought about this, the words sounded familiar, yet he couldn't quite grasp the memories associated with them. A flash of green... No, not Harry! Pain...

Harry continued when he noticed the slight frown increasing on Marvolo's face.

"It went something like this, 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ...'"

Hearing this Marvolo stiffened, the urge to kill the beautiful child in front of him was almost overwhelming and he felt his hand itching to move to where he usually kept his wand. The fact he was currently wandless didn't immediately penetrate his mind, nor did the fact that the boy was his soul mate. However, after a few breaths his thoughts cleared and he realised he was now gripping the chairs arms harshly, fingers digging painfully into the lush material.

Seeing some sanity return to Marvolo's gaze Harry continued, having paused when he noticed Marvolos lack of awareness.

"...After my birth, my parents realised that I alongside their close friends the Longbottom's son Neville, fit the prophecy. Because of this my parents went into hiding, using the 'Fidelius Charm' and entrusting Peter Pettigrew to be their secret keeper after deciding Sirius was to obvious a choice..."

"For months you continued your attacks on both the muggle and magical worlds. You gained many followers and the lights support slowly dwindled, either, killed, frightened off or converted. It's safe to say you were winning and because of this Pettigrew came to you and took your mark, selling my parent out..."

Marvolo listened to his little mate speak and allowed his mind to focus on the words. Falling into a trance like state as he meditated and sorted through the memories the story was recalling. He withheld an internal grimace as he remembered how out of touch with his original goals and ideals he had become, how insane and blood hungry. Although he would loath to admit it, he almost didn't regret his defeat as before he had before a monster set on only destruction.

"...You came to our safe house in Godric's Hollow, on the night of October 31st, 1981. My father stood against you first and fought you, knowing he would die but trying to buy my mother and me time. After you killed him you came after my mother and me who were in the nursery. Severus had asked you to spare her life so you asked her to move aside but she refused, three times she begged you not to kill me. You killed her. Then you turned your wand on me..."

Harry said this without inflection but inside he was in turmoil, ever since he had view the memories of his parents he felt like he knew them, he understood more than ever what he really lost. How different his life should have been, filled with love and parent who cherished him and their friends.

"...Because of our bond and the sacrifice my mother made, when you cast the 'Avada Kedavra' it turned on you, making you lose your body and forcing you to wander as a wraith. However, that is not all that happened that night, a part of your soul, already weakened by your previous horcrux's broke away and attached itself to me, or more specifically my scar. It's my belief that it recognised me as something similar, so when your body was destroyed it went to the next closest thing and because of this I became your horcrux..."

Hearing this Marvolo opened his eyes and focused his magic on his mate, it was slow to react and weak but eventually he was able to brush his magic against Harrisons and feel for himself that what his little soul mate was saying was true. He was a living horcrux, his horcrux.

"...After you were destroyed, Sirius was set up by Pettigrew and sent to Azkaban without trial. I believe Dumbledore played a role in this, but I haven't any proof yet. I however was sent by Dumbledore to my remaining relatives. After he had placed magical blocks and charms on me to make me look like my father. I grew up not knowing my name, I thought it was 'boy' or 'freak'. My relatives thought they could starve or beat the magic out of me. I was malnourished, defeated and utterly unprepared when I received my Hogwarts letter..."

Harry felt his eyes harden as he remembered his childhood, he may be an adult now mentally but he wasn't over his relative's treatment of him. He was angry,

"...I had been taught that magic wasn't real, Beaten and abused whenever my accidental magic caused something 'freakish' to happen. Therefore, when I received my letter, I thought it was a joke, but then I saw how my relatives reacted... They tried to stop me from going to Hogwarts, they ran from the letters however eventually one of Dumbledore's loyal dogs caught up to us and I received my letter properly. It was Hagrid who took me around Diagon Alley the first time, he who introduced me to the magic world..."

Marvolo grimaced at the memories he had of the half giant oaf. Hagrid had always been sickeningly loyal to Dumbledore, it had been one of the reason he had targeted him to take the fall after the chamber of secrets incident. The boy had been a spineless coward who reported everything he saw and heard to Dumbledore and hung of his every word like gospel. He was a mindless drone who believed all Slytherins were dark and that Albus Dumbledore was the second coming of Merlin. It also helped that the fool genuinely did go around sprouting on about how much he loved magical creatures, even dangerous ones... realising what he had thought Marvolo grinned slightly, his memories were returning.

"...It was this biased introduction paired with the numerous potions and charms on me that shaped my view of or world. I hated anything dark, Slytherin or different. I was the perfect little pawn for Dumbledore's manipulations. I was just a scared little orphan, beaten and abused who had suddenly been rescued and shown to a quite literally, magical world. I believed my heir vault was my only vault, and I had no idea that I was heir to the houses of Potter and Black. I knew nothing of our world and my place in it.... I knew not our customs or laws. I was a clueless child thrust into the world for Dumbledore to manipulate..."

Hearing this Marvolo fought back his urge to snarl. He hated that Harry had been forced to grow up like he had, but what he hated more was the role he had played in everything.

"...Eventually the summer ended, I was ill-prepared for school, my books and wand had been locked up by the loving relatives as soon as I returned so I had nothing to base my expectations on, no knowledge about the subjects or magic. I didn't even know how to get onto the platform. Fortunately for me Dumbledore had already set into motion on of his schemes and I met the Weasley family outside platform 9 ¾, they showed me the way onto the platform and eventually I ended up sitting with their youngest son Ronald on the train. He became my first friend..."

For a moment Marvolo wanted to scowl, befriending a Weasley? However, a memory hit him, it was weak at first but the more he focused on it the clearer it became. He had observed his little mate while he was possessing Quirrell, he had been drawn to him, fascinated by the calm and intelligent child. He knew that Harrison Potter-Black was not friends with Ronald Weasley, nor was he under Dumbledore's thumb for that matter. Realising this Marvolo opened his mouth to question Harrison. Seeing this the black-haired boy sent his mate a quelling look, silencing Marvolo before he even had chance to voice his observation, before continuing his speech.

"...It was after that train ride I met my future adversary Draco Malfoy. Eventually we reached the castle ad the sorting began. All I had heard about the four houses came for either Hagrid or Ronald. Slytherins were evil, Voldemort had killed my parents, only dark and evil wizards go into that house. Whereas Gryffindor was full of brave, noble wizards, my parents had been in Gryffindor and didn't I want to be just like them, good loyal little light followers. So, when the hat wanted to put me into Slytherin I argued, I couldn't possibly go into such an evil house, so eventually I was placed into Gryffindor..."

Marvolo at this point could only describe his mind as muddled, he was sure Harrison was in Ravenclaw yet his mate was saying different and he knew the boy had no reason to lie. Yet had memories showing Harrison in blue and bronze robes, admittedly they were fuzzy memories, but still he remembered his little rave. Also, he couldn't picture his little mate as a Gryffindor.

Ravenclaw... he always sat with the Longbottom heir- Neil? No, Neville and those two Hufflepuff girls...

"...My first year passed quickly. I befriended the mudblood Granger after Ron and I rescued her from the troll Quirrell released on Halloween. Together the three of us discovered Dumbledore's plan for protecting the stone and realised somebody was after it, we assumed it was Severus as he fit what we believed was the evil stereotype- slithering and dark. However, we were wrong, after confronting Quirrell and by default you, the stone was destroyed and you were banished once more. Proving to Dumbledore that I was a good noble little light wizard, who he could manipulate..."

At this point Tom was not just confused but slightly concerned as his memories were not matching what he was being told. He did not like the feeling of confusion, it was disconcerting.

The ritual had failed... The stone was a fake... Clever little Ravenclaw...

"...The summer after my first year was one of the worst I had. My family not only feared me for my freakishness but they loathed me because of what Hagrid had done to Dudley. That was one of the few times I genuinely feared my uncle would kill me. After he was done, I was locked into my new room, bars were placed on the windows and a cat-flap was installed to feed me, admittedly very little. I took me weeks to recover fully, yet eventually I did, only to have a demented house elf turn up and warn me away from Hogwarts. I didn't listen and returned for my second year, only for The Chamber of Secrets to be opened..."

Tom was raging inside and for once he didn't mind his insanity as it showed him numerous creative ways he could and would torture this uncle of Harrison's... however his mind stilled as he finally digested everything his little mate had said, The Chamber of Secrets!?!

Harry however was hit with a pang of regret when he thought of dobby he was sure the little house elf was loyal, yet he hadn't met him in this life so far. The thought made him pause, hopefully dobby would be somewhere in Malfoy manor? He had seen how their elves were treated and although not great it was a far-sight better than it had been. Something which Harry was proud of as he was almost positive that it was his influence that caused the subtle change.

"...Your diary managed to find its way into the cauldron of one Ginevra Weasley. It possessed her and Aithusia was released resulting in several students including Hermione and even a ghost being petrified its surprising really that nobody died. During this fiasco I was blamed, people believing I was Slytherins heir as I am a parclemouth. Me and Ron discovered the location of the chamber after Ginny was taken down to it by your horcrux. I fought and killed Aithusia, before stabbing your horcrux, not knowing what it was. Ginny was saved and once again I was a hero, Dumbledore's little puppet who had stopped you returning..."

Marvolo felt ice grip his heart at the thought of one of his precious horcruxes being destroyed. His hand twitched to lash out and kill, to defend himself until he realised that this wasn't true, his diary had been safe...

...I'm sorry Tom, but you have to trust me... I promise, you will be fine. You're going to join back with your main soul and eventually you'll be whole. I promise... I'm your soul mate...

"...My third year was my least dramatic. During the summer, Sirius escaped from Azkaban, putting the world on high alert and resulting in dementors being posted to Hogwarts. I took divination and had my death regularly predicted by the fraud Trelawney. Eventually Sirius captured Pettigrew who had been hiding for the past 12 years in his Animagus form as the Weasley family pet rat. Remus unfortunately transformed and Pettigrew escaped resulting in Sirius being on the run as nobody believed he was innocent..."

Harrison hadn't yet had his third year... he was only a second year... and Sirius wasn't a convict, he was innocent...

"...Fourth year was the most challenging. You returned with the help of Pettigrew and Barty Crouch Jr. Pettigrew found you and together you worked out a plan to get the Triwizard tournament reinstated and entered me against my will with Bartys help. Barty kidnapped Alastor Moody, who was that years DADA teacher and Polyjuiced as him. The whole school turned against me, believing I had cheated my way into the tournament. For the first task I had to fight a dragon, the second I had to rescue Ron for The Black Lake and for the third, I had to navigate my way through a maze and find the Triwizard cup. In the end Cedric Diggory, Hogwarts true champion and I both touched the cup at the same time. You had had Barty turn it into a portkey, which took up to the cemetery in Little Hangleton. Peter killed Cedric and you used my blood to resurrect yourself using a ritual I believe you created yourself. We duelled and I managed to escape taking Cedrics body with me..."

At this point Tom didn't know what to say. He wanted to deny what his mate was saying but he could see that Harrison was telling no lies. His eyes held a level of truth and had enough jaded shadows that he recognised as somebody who had survived untold horrors.

"... That summer Dumbledore's Order of The Phoenix was restarted, with loyal little sycophants following the Oldman. Meanwhile, the ministry stated a smear complain against Dumbledore and myself, they didn't want to believe you were back. They called me crazy and everybody but a rare few turned by me. The ministry, fearing Dumbledore's influence over the students and wanting a spy in Hogwarts, decided to send Dolores Umbridge to be the defence teacher. She spent the year refusing to teach anything and torturing students with a blood quill..."

I must not tell lies

With that memory Harry clenched the hand that formerly held the cursed scars from that quill. He no longer bore those scars, and he never would, but he could still remember the pain as they were carved into his body. How his hand ached and burned as each letter was engraved deeper and deeper. The fact he not only allowed himself to be manipulated but maimed by his own hand disgusted him slightly, he loathed how naive he had been. He would not let such a thing happen again.

"... I eventually set up a defence club and started tutoring students as we were learning nothing in class, the DA, it stood for defence association but many called it Dumbledore's army. The year continued and eventually Dumbledore was driven from the school. Being the good little light sheep that I was I thought this was the worst thing in the world. Through the connection created by being your horcrux I experience a series of visions. You used this connection to lead me into a trap, resulting in Sirius falling through the veil inside the chamber of death. He died to protect me. The prophecy orb about us was destroyed, so neither of us got to hear the origional. The minister walked in on you battling Dumbledore and finally realized their mistake, thus the 2nd wizarding ward really started..."

Marvolo stared at his mate. He didn't quite understand and that frustrated him, but he knew better than to interrupt- He could feel the power coming of his mate subtly as he spoke, it was intoxicating, dark and oddly alluring. He had only just started to pick up on it, his senses magical and otherwise slowly starting to come back online. He could now feel his mates' magical aura, notice how it teased against his and how when combined they seemed to pulse with even more power.

"...Dumbledore revealed your horcruxes to me and we started to hunt them down. The curse on your ring however got him and he was dying. Eventually he and Severus who was a double agent came up with a plan and he was killed how he wanted to be, making it so you didn't doubt Severus's loyalties and I was manipulated into to avenging him. Like last time the order of the phoenix tried to fight you, but you eventually took over the ministry and even managed to infiltrate Hogwarts. I was forced to go on the run as 'Undesirable Number 1' alongside Weasley and Granger. Together we hunted down and destroyed all of your horcruxes, bar the one inside me which I didn't realise I had..."

Harry touched his scar then, a delicate caress of the soul shard he contained. Watching this, Marvolo's eyes narrowed on the scar, subtly feeling the piece of him it contained. He was still too weak to do much more than focus his magic but concentrating, he could make out the magical caress, to him it felt like peace, home and love... feelings utterly alien to him.

"... The final battle arrived, The Battle of Hogwarts. Weasley, Granger and I snuck back into the school, and together with the 'light' students and staff we got rid of your followers. The battle started and it was chaos. Children were fighting, some just 13 years old. We tried to keep them locked in their common rooms but some snuck out. So many people died, on both sides. You killed Severus, thinking he had won the allegiance of the elder wand, but before he passed I found me, even though I thought me was a traitor I still didn't want him to die. It was then that he let me know I was your final horcrux..."

Harry once again subconsciously caressed the scar on his forehead, before he continued.

"... Both sides fought hard. You announced that you would stop fighting and give us a chance to see to our dead, you also said you would spare everybody If they would surrender me to you so that I could to die. You didn't know about you horcrux inside of me. Knowing this I set it up so that your horcruxes would be destroyed and I walked willingly into the forest. I had the resurrection stone on me, and I called my parents and Sirius to me. Siri, he told me not to be afraid, that dying was quicker and easier than falling to sleep..."

Marvolo couldn't believe what he was hearing, but the emotion in Harrison's voice as he spoke told him wonders. He might not be able to replicate such emotions, but he was a master at recognising them, he had to be in order to manipulate people.

"...You sent the killing curse at me. I didn't try to dodge it or fight you, I accepted my death, hoping that my friends would be able to use what I had told them to defeat the remain horcruxes and win the war. To be honest, a small part of me was relieved; I was so tired, tired of the war, the loss and the pain, I think a part of me also wanted to be with my family again. I died. But I didn't remain dead, I woke up in Kings Cross Station, but it was different, I saw Dumbledore there. He told me he was proud of me, and that I had done what was right, he then showed me the horcrux inside of my mind. I killed it, or rather you Avada Kedavra killed it. I woke up then in the same spot you had killed me, you Crucioed my body, after having Narcissa Malfoy check if I was dead. She lied to you. Eventually your horcruxes were destroyed and we ended up duelling. I defeated you..."

As Harry spoke he felt himself fall into a monotonous pattern, loosing himself to the memories of pain and suffering. He could practically feel the adrenaline, taste the stale air, feel the cuts and curses.

"...The war was over, the light triumphing. But I didn't feel victorious, I felt lost. At first, I thought it was because of how much was lost, but slowly this longing grew. After a few weeks I ended up at Gringotts, where I did a blood inheritance test. The results showing our bond, as well as a multitude of behavioural and magical blocks and charms. It also revealed the titles I had gained, through inheritance and conquest. Dumbledore had manipulated me from the started, stole from me, bound my personality and magic and turned me into the perfect little light sheep. I was riddled with charms and glamor's... after having them removed I started to realise things about myself and my past- How I thought, how I felt even my memories changed. I developed a good relationship with the goblins. They even named me goblin friend, which worked to my advantage after I realised that being deaths master gave me powers that were beyond what I had ever dreamed..."

Tom felt a part of him shiver at that, it wanted to grab his little mate and force the power from him. He needed it. Him. He was the dark lord, the greatest- shaking his head he allowed his rational mind to take over once again.

"I take it there is more?" he said

Harry nodded, "...I was angry, no furious, yet also strangely calm. I knew I wanted revenge but a part of me was almost accepting of this fate. I believe our broken bond caused my slight apathy. Still I plotted until I learned I could come back with Deaths help. I decided to return to when I gained my letter and set about changing our future. I refuse to be manipulated or used." He aimed that at his mate, making eye contact to show how serious he was.

"...I had Siri released, Peter imprisoned and have set about ruining Dumbledore's reputation. I don't just want that man dead, I want to watch as everything he has built crumbles to dust around him, his precious reputation destroyed before his eyes. I will have my revenge on the people who have wronged me, and we will make the wizarding world into something great..."

Marvolo blinked before letting out an almost maniacal laugh. He could hardly comprehend what he had heard yet he knew that his little mate was perfect for him.

"I do believe Harrison that you still have a lot left to tell me, but for now I fear I must rest and regain what I have lost." He knew his mind was repairing itself, but he was self-aware enough to realise he needed time to restore order.

Harry nodded and stood, "nobody but I can enter these rooms, you can of course call Kreacher to you if you need anything." Walking past him mate Harry stilled before giving into whim and leaned forward to press a chaste kiss to the man's cheek, "for now rest, and if you need me send Kreacher," straightening quickly Harry left the room, before Marvolo could react.

Marvolo stilled at the soft press of lips and the ensuing sensation they brought, not just the physical but the magical. His whole soul sang out at the press to his cheek and it left him reeling, enough that he didn't even notice his mate leave. Standing he made his was slowly towards the bed, deciding he would punish his mate for his escape when he was able to actually move without pain and think without lapses into madness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
103K 2.5K 8
"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...Born to those who have thrice defied him,born as the seventh month dies...And the Dark...