Harry Potter and The Shadowed...

De itshannieee

After the final battle Harry learns some unsettling truths about himself and those who he trusts the most. Fo... Mai multe

The bonds that hold us
Unlocked Potential
A look beneath a mask
The master of Three
Hello Old world, I'm back
Honey I'm home
Snake in the nest
Revenge served cold
Magical Maze's
Allies and Enemies
Friends, old and new
A web is cast
Then there were three
Let the disillusionment begin
Black family values
Fate really does like certain events
Unravelling a web
Far fetched reality
Four out of five
Second year
A peacock and two weasels
Traditions
Building bridges
Secret chambers and sacred maps
How to get rid of a peacock
foolish plans of a peacock
Theft and compulsions all around
A diary
yuletide
An inner circle
Mortem Magicae
Call me Marvolo
A complete soul, more or less..
Relocation
A baby Dark Lord in the making
Part two
It begins
It's not all sunshine and daisies
Bug Hunting
The First Steps
Will there be dragons?
Magical interventions
I see fire
How to catch a goat
End of a Legend
A monster of our own making

new experiences and namely friends

24.7K 885 573
De itshannieee

Previously

"Well, you make me look like a novice," he joked.

Harry sent him a bland look. "Hardly, I just find that magic comes much more easily to me, especially since I had my blocks removed last summer. I can sense magic, feel it, and with my memory I don't really need to practice a spell more than once before I've got it for good."

Sirius hummed. The explanation was true, but it felt like there was something missing. "Well, I'm probably at the same stage as you right now. My healer recommended me coming in and practicing for half an hour a day, but my stamina is shot," he admitted.

Harry made sure not to look sympathetic. "Give yourself some time - you know you'll get there," he said with conviction.

Sirius smiled. "Well, maybe you could join me. You can show me what else you know - don't think I was fooled by those firstie spells."

Harry nodded. "I suppose I could practice with you." Harry would just have to stick to 4th year and below.

~

30th July 1992

By the time Neville's birthday came around, Harry had developed a minor routine with Sirius and Remus. In the few days they had been together, all three men had sorted out their own lives around each other. Harry would wake up and immediately head to the library (he was so close to finding an answer he could practically feel it; he hoped it wasn't just wishful thinking, but his magic seemed to be humming, making Harry believe he was getting close.) After that, Harry would have lunch when Sirius arrived and then go with him to practice his magic. He had slowly upped his skill level, nothing drastic, when he noted that Sirius wasn't going to say anything. He knew he needed to sit both men down and explain a few things to them soon, but he hoped he would be able to wait until after the custody trial had passed - and maybe after he had a way to return Tom to sanity. It would definitely make it easier to sell if his soulmate was sane.

For Sirius, he would go to his healer's appointments in the mornings, have lunch, and then spend half an hour with Harry in the duelling room. By that time he would disappear, usually to have a short nap. Sirius was also working through his family's journals, looking up Wizengamot rules and rulings. He had told Harry and Remus during dinner that he would use all the power he could to ensure he won his custody suit. The temporary grant of custody to Remus was a bonus they could and would use, but Sirius appearing interested in re-entering the world as a proper pureblood Lord would be beneficial.

Remus, as opposed to his more active family members, seemed to putter in and around all day. He would spend time with Harry while Sirius was at his healer's appointments, letting Harry read and research in the library, while he himself flicked through books. Then he would go out and run errands in the afternoons. There had been the first real argument the other day when Remus spoke about the full moon; it would occur on the 5th, meaning Remus would not have to worry the custody trial, but he was refusing to allow Harry or Sirius to get him the Wolfsbane potion. Remus had told them he was wanting to become less dependent on them anymore than he already was.

Harry had pointed out he knew a reliable Potions Master, which had led to an even greater argument as Sirius was reminded that Harry not only knew Severus, but also liked and respected the man greatly.

28th June 1992

"I don't understand why you're being so difficult about this, Moony. I have more money than I could ever spend. Even if I lived to be 1000 and penniless, I want to do this for you!" Sirius shouted, standing up from the table and pacing.

Remus remained sitting, but his face was tight. "I have survived many times without the potion and besides, I simply can't afford it for a few months. I will be fine without it like I was before," he said, his voice not raised but strained.

"But you don't have to!" Sirius said, turning to look at the wolf. "I can help you! Why won't you let me help you?!"

Remus sighed. "Sirius, you're already doing too much—"

"—No, I'm not!"

"I'm living here without paying rent—"

"—So? I'd be living here with Harry anyway! You're helping me! Let me help you!"

"If you're concerned, I can always ask Severus to brew the potion. He promised to help me over the summer and to contact him if I needed anything. I'm sure he would brew the potion for you," Harry said.

"See—" Sirius said before cutting himself off. "Wait. Severus? As in Snape? You know Snivellus?" he asked.

Harry and Remus both sighed simultaneously. "Sirius, you can't call him that," Remus said.

"But—!"

Harry interrupted him this time, "I know you didn't get on when you were in school, but Professor Snape really helped me this year. Not only did he brew my ointments and potions, but he looked out for me. He even followed up on his concerns about my family and made sure I would be okay this summer. He's changed from the boy you knew." Seeing Sirius' look, Harry continued, "And trust me, I know everything about his past and how he and Lucius have matching tattoos. However, I don't hold it against him; he's paid for his past mistakes. He's also not the bad guy in our lives. And Remus, remember how you felt when you found out about the Dursley's? When you held me and promised to be there for me? Well, you can't do that if you keep doing this. Take the potion, please."

Both men looked shocked, Sirius also looking slightly ashamed. Reminding them about Dumbledore worked exactly how Harry had wanted it to and, although he was emotionally blackmailing them, it was for the greater good - a phrase that, even thinking it, made Harry cringe.

"He really helped you?" Sirius asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yes, he really helped me," Harry confirmed.

Sirius and Remus seemed to share a look, before Remus spoke, "If you could contact him and ask him to brew it, I would be very grateful. Make sure to mention he will get paid market price." Remus had smelt Harry's emotions and he knew that the boy cared for him and was genuinely worried.

Harry nodded. "Thank you."

Sirius sat back down and Harry could hear him grumbling about Severus under his breath.

"I know you hated each other, but Siri, please, if you're willing to give Lucius a chance, why not Professor Snape?" Harry argued.

Sirius opened his mouth but didn't speak. Closing it, he ran his hand over his face. "I'm sorry," he said eventually. "It's hard for me - sorting out my feelings and emotions towards certain people."

Harry and Remus nodded. They too had found it difficult to control their emotions towards people after they had been magically cleansed.

30th July 1992

Like Narcissa had mentioned, an owl had arrived later in the week, inviting the three of them to dinner at Malfoy manor on Harry's birthday to celebrate. With that in mind, the two men were planning on going out and buying everything they needed to properly celebrate whilst Harry was at Neville's.

Flooing over with Sirius, as Remus was busy in planning mode, Harry was greeted by a stern faced Augusta Longbottom and a slightly embarrassed Neville.

Harry had rarely met the Longbottom matriarch, however he knew of her fearsome reputation in and out of the Wizengamot. The woman was surprisingly tall and her grey hair was up in an elaborate bun. Her robes when dark purple and expensive without being over the top. Looking around the room, Harry noted that was the general theme - it was clear the Longbottom family had money, but they didn't advertise the fact as sharply as other families, such as the Blacks (once upon a time) or the Malfoys.

Seeing as he was the adult with the greatest title in their party, Sirius stepped forward and bowed slightly, taking Augusta's hand and kissing the air above it.

"Thank you for having Harry today, Dowager Longbottom," he said formally.

Augusta's stern expression seemed to melt slightly as she released Sirius' hand. "None of that, now; you will call me Augusta. I've known you since you were a boy, for Merlin's sake! I never did believe you were guilty; I even wrote to the former minister about it, but got written off as a grieving mother - for shame! And as for this young lad, well, he's made my Neville very happy, really brought him out of his shell. I'm happy to have him."

Sirius looked shocked and pleased; knowing he had genuine support was heartening.

Seeing as Sirius looked slightly choked up, Harry took a step forward and took the dowager Lady's hand, "Thank you for having me, Dowager Longbottom. I'm very pleased to meet you - and happy birthday, Neville," Harry greeted, kissing the air above her hand before sending Neville a large smile.

"I'm very pleased to meet you too, young man, but you should call me Augusta or gran. I expect I'll be seeing a lot of you, so we shall forgo the formalities," the elderly lady said.

Harry nodded and sent the woman a smile. Neville shook his head lovingly and turned to his best friend. "Thanks, Harry. The girls aren't here yet, but we can go through and wait for them. My gran already knows Amelia, who's bringing them both."

~

After Sirius left and the girls arrived, Dowager Longbottom waved them off with Neville, saying she would send an elf when it was time for tea.

Neville lead them through the house and out into the garden. Seeing the manor for the first time from the outside, Harry saw it was a large Tudor manor. The gardens were extremely well maintained and Harry guessed that Neville had spent most of his time since returning from school out here.

Finding a quiet spot by a large pond, the four friends all sat down. As soon as they were settled, three sets of eyes turned to Harry and he gulped slightly.

"So...," he said, trailing off.

Susan huffed and reached over to lightly clip the back of his head. "You had better start talking or I will hex you. There's no aunt Amelia to watch me and I know Neville's wards will block the wand trace," she threatened.

Harry jokingly raised his arms. "Alright, alright, no need to resort to such violence," he said. He then explained what had happened, going into more detail than his letter had. Once he had finished his friends looked contemplative.

"My gran doesn't mention the war much. After what happened to my parents, I think she just wanted to forget - but she did say once that she didn't believe Sirius was guilty," Neville said. "If you're happy with him, then I don't mind that you kept it from us, and you know that I will support you anyway."

"It's the same with us," Hannah said, smiling at Harry.

"My aunt's been working night and day," Susan said, before whispering, "I don't think I'm supposed to know, but she didn't ward her office so I overheard her. Apparently, Dumbledore's been kicking up a fuss since your meeting, trying to get you back to your aunt and uncle. He's being sneaky about it but she knows it's him."

"He really needs to get over his obsession with me," Harry said, before adding in a sly voice, "I mean I know I'm fabulous, but I like my men a little less decrepit."

Neville choked and looked green while the girls giggled.

"Please don't talk about him like that! He's ancient, he even taught my gran," the blond boy wailed.

Susan, who was still giggling, calmed slightly. "So how do you like your men?"

"Tall, dark haired, and pale eyed," Harry said, remembering a sixteen-year-old Tom Riddle.

The three looked slightly shocked, but they didn't react negatively to Harry's confirmation about his sexuality. Hannah instead tilted her head and said, "Really, I prefer blonds myself." She dramatically looked over at Neville, who blushed and threw grass at her.

The group laughed again and Harry found himself relieved about their acceptance.

The next half an hour was spent talking about their summer plans. Neville was going away with his gran and his uncle Algie for the last week of the summer to visit distant family in the Netherlands, which he was excited about as they had a large botanical shop there which sold a variety of exotic plants and herbs. Susan was staying home as her aunt was too busy, but she had plans to visit the beach a few times for the day, and Hannah was leaving in a week to spend the remainder of the holiday until the last week in the USA visiting her cousins.

Eventually the house elf promised by Augusta popped up and they made their way into the informal dining room. Harry saw that Augusta was with an elderly man and Harry assumed that this was Neville's famous uncle Algie. Looking at the table, Harry saw that a large arrangement of party nibbles had been set up with plates and the children were told to help themselves buffet style. Harry was happy to see such a large selection and picked a few different sandwiches to try, as well as salad and cakes.

After the food was cleared, the presents were passed out. Neville opened Susan's present first and saw that she had bought him a book on medicinal uses of Herbology and a child's medi-wizard kit. Although slightly practical, Harry could see that Neville loved the book; he had remembered in his last life how the boy had at one point bemoaned how he didn't have any skills apart from Herbology, which is wrongly considered useless by many.

Harry's present came next. Opening in the gift-wrapped box, Neville looked confused before he read the card Harry had written and added, "Wow, Harry, these are great!" He looked at the ball with renewed wonder now that he knew what it was.

Harry smiled. "Well, this way we can talk all the time, even at Hogwarts," he said.

The girls looked at the note and ooh'd and ahh'd once they understood what the crystal orb was.

Neville moved on and opened Hannah's gift; she had bought the box a rare hybrid plant, a miniature pineapple-apple tree. Once grown, it would never be over four feet tall, and the fruits would be the size of golf ball at largest.

"Thank you," Neville said, looking slightly overwhelmed by the sheer fact he had not only friends, but friends who knew him and what he liked.

"It's okay Neville, that's what friends are for," Harry said, pulling Neville into a one-armed hug.

"Yeah Nev, I'm just happy you liked my present. I thought it was too practical," Susan said, smiling.

"Honestly, it's great," Neville said, stroking the cover of the book.

Augusta, who had been watching, smiled at the children. "Thank you all for making the day special," she said. "Now, I do believe it's time for birthday cake."

Singing happy birthday to Neville, Harry was surprised that the day had passed so quickly. He had an hour before Sirius or Remus would arrive to collect him. Spending the remainder of the time playing a few games of exploding snap, Harry was happy to have seen his friends. He had missed them, even though they were so young in comparison to him - at least mentally - Harry found he still liked them and enjoyed their company.

~

Meanwhile at Grimmauld Place

"Have you noticed anything off with Harry?" Remus asked, thinking about the boy's complex emotions.

Sirius hummed. He had forgiven Remus for his part in his incarceration and loved the man like a brother, but if it came down to it, he would always pick Harry. The boy was his son for all intents and purposes. When he blood-adopted him as part of an old magic godfather ritual James and Lily had chosen, he had developed a deep bond and love for the child. Even after being separated for so long, as soon as his magic was cleansed, that bond had flared back to life. Sure, they were still getting to know one another, but Sirius knew, no matter what, he would pick Harry.

"Like what?" he asked casually, trying to keep his emotions in check as he knew, especially since being cleansed, that Remus could smell emotions on a person if he tried or if they were strong enough.

Remus caught on to how wary Sirius was. "He's the most amazing child I have ever met," Remus said, making Sirius relax slightly, "but, I don't know, I sometimes think he knows more that he should, even with his memory."

Sirius considered this. "I think that with everything he has been through, that maybe he has secrets he's not yet willing to share."

Remus smiled at how well Sirius had taken over parenting - he was instinctual. "You think he will tell us?" he asked.

"I think he wants to tell us, but he's waiting until he's ready," Sirius said, thinking about the time he had caught Harry looking at him before he realised himself and pulled away.

"You're probably right," he said, before he smirked. "You know, I saw him do a sixth-year spell perfectly the other day. Wordlessly."

Sirius snorted. "Please, I caught him wandlessly floating a book to himself. I don't think he even realised he had done it. It just zoomed to his outstretched hand when he was reading. He checked it then sent it back with a flick of his wrist."

Remus felt his eyes go wide. "I'm guessing he didn't notice you?"

"No. I think he forgets sometimes or gets distracted by whatever he's searching for."

"Searching for?" Remus asked.

"All of his books are similar: they're all Dark, but they all relate to the same branches of magic. He must be searching for something - nobody reads that much or that obsessively without a reason," Sirius said. He didn't mention the branch of Dark magic, soul magic, as he didn't want to worry Remus. He was going to have a talk with the boy soon if it continued; he may have decided to be more open with Dark magic, but soul magic was dangerous.

"How advanced do you think he really is?" Remus asked in wonder - controlled wandless magic was extremely rare. It had been in the Potter family before, but to have it you had to have a large magical core as magical abilities like wandless magic take a lot of core magic to manifest, let alone master. If Harry had done so before the age of twelve, then Remus was more than impressed, he was flabbergasted.

"Honestly, I have no idea. And I know for a fact he's trying to hide it from us, so I can't even begin to guess."

"If we keep showing him we love him no matter what, I don't think it will take him long to come to us," Remus said. "I'm just glad it wasn't just me thinking he was hiding something."

Sirius smiled, glad he still had his friend. "He'll talk when he's ready."

~

31st July 1992

For the first time in his life, Harry didn't force himself to stay awake and wish himself a happy birthday. After he had been picked up yesterday, he had been surprisingly tired and had gone to bed early to make sure he would be awake and ready for today, his first proper birthday.

His friends had given him his gifts as they all left and instructed him to open them today, so Harry knew that he would definitely have presents, real presents, for the first time. In his last life, everything he had received, he realised now, probably came from his own money. He didn't doubt Remus and Sirius had gone over the top as well, so he was looking forward to a day of celebration without any strings or manipulations.

Waking up, Harry pulled on a pair of light grey denim jeans and a navy shirt. His hair was getting longer and now reached past his shoulders, so he pulled it up into a messy bun. As it was his birthday he wanted to be comfortable, not restricted by more formal clothes. It was half eight, so Harry walked down to the kitchen.

Entering, Harry felt more than saw something happening, so he quickly dodged the prank coming his way.

"I told you he wouldn't fall for it," Remus said, laughing. He had noticed Harry's ability to dodge and how he was usually always aware of his surroundings.

Harry smiled and looked behind him to see if the spell had done anything to the wall, which was now bright pink but looked to be turning yellow.

Sirius laughed and pulled Harry into a hug. "It was a Marauder's tradition when we were in Hogwarts. Birthday boys got pranked in the morning."

Harry smiled. "You'll have to do better than that then, I suppose," he said.

Sirius smiled and Remus groaned. "Don't give him such free reign," the wolf said.

Kreacher appeared then. The elf seemed to have perked up in the time he had been bonded to both Sirius and Harry. Although he was still old, he was much cleaner and seemed to have more energy. Having a stable bond with Harry and, arguably, Sirius was really beginning to show.

"Little Master, Kreacher has made all your favourites for your birthday, yes he has, not every day the Little Master turns twelve," the elf said.

Harry smiled and pulled the elf into a half hug, startling him. "Thank you, Kreacher," he said.

The old elf looked stunned and nodded before popping away quickly.

Sirius laughed. "I think you just broke him completely," he said. Sirius had stopped tormenting the elf and now mainly ignored him. He had seen how much the elf seemed to adore Harry and just left him to it. He was no longer doing any harm and did maintain the house for them and cooked without complaint.

Harry shrugged. He had never hugged the elf before but, as he was still rather small, it felt almost natural to do so.

"Let's go eat," Remus said, pulling Harry over to the table.

Looking at the breakfast prepared, Harry felt his mouth water. There was a pile of golden pancakes and every possible topping: from fruits, to yogurts, and even melted chocolate.

Piling his plate, Harry happily tucked in with Remus and Sirius helping themselves.

After they had finished, the two men lead Harry into the sitting room. They didn't often go in there as Harry preferred the library and Sirius had officially taken over his father's office. It was only really Remus who ever sat and relaxed in the room.

Harry saw the rather large pile of presents and rolled his eyes. He knew Sirius had gone overboard the other day buying broom equipment, but this looked rather ridiculous. "Really guys? I don't need you to buy me so much," he said fondly.

Remus chuckled. "Blame Sirius more than me," he said, sitting down in his self-proclaimed chair.

Sirius bounded over to the pile. "Hey! I'm making up for ten years of no presents!" he argued before picking up a present and giving it a slight shake.

Harry shared an amused look with Remus before moving to sit with Sirius. "Fine, but I want you to promise: next time, no extra presents. That includes Yule, Sirius."

Sirius pouted and opened his mouth to argue but Remus cleared his throat. "Fine," he said, slightly petulantly.

Harry rolled his eyes and picked up a present. Reading the tag, he saw it was from Remus.

Inside was a beautiful leather bound book, the cover engraved with a basilisk and a unicorn. Looking at the back, he saw a phoenix and a thestral.

"It's beautiful," he told the wolf, genuinely entranced.

"I know how you like to take notes, so I thought you would like something attractive to take them in. It's charmed to be never ending and, if you mark it with your magical signature, only you and those you allow will be able to read it," Remus explained.

Harry smiled and opened the blank book. "Thank you," he said honestly.

There was also a large box of chocolates from the wolf, which Harry noted was of the dark variety - his favourite.

Sirius smiled at their interaction before his excitement got the better of him. Picking up a random present, he practically threw it at Harry. "Open this one next!"

Harry smiled at his eagerness and opened the present after seeing it was from Neville. Inside was a black and silver bracelet with a small raven charm. Although maybe slightly effeminate, Harry was still very pleased with the gift. He was especially intrigued when he read the note explaining his friends had worked together to each buy combined presents. The raven was supposed to represent Harry.

With this in mind, Harry found Hannah's present next. Opening the small box, he found a potion charm and a badger charm. The note explained the vial was supposed to go extremely cold when in the presence of deadly potions and the badger was purely for decoration and to remind Harry of his friends in Hufflepuff.

Susan following the same theme and bought Harry two charms as well: a lion and an eye. The lion was to remind Harry of his own bravery and of Neville. The eye would apparently help him to hone his occlumency and other mind-magics. He didn't really need that charm as he had mastered the art in his year at Hogwarts; well, as much as he was able to without a legilimens. Even if he hadn't, his heir rings protected his mind - still, he appreciated the gift and the thought they had put into it.

Next, Harry started in on the pile of broom related things from Sirius. Harry amusedly asked the animagus if it really was necessary for him to buy Harry everything, even items like keeper gloves when the boy never played keeper.

"Yes," was Sirius' response, though he looked slightly abashed when both Harry and Remus laughed.

Harry laughed and noted he still had a few presents. Picking up a present wrapped in silver, Harry saw it was from the Malfoys and was surprised: he assumed they would wait and give it to him later if they brought him anything.

Inside the box was a written note. Considering the more effeminate writing, Harry thought the note was by Narcissa.

~

Happy birthday Harrison,

We're very happy that you accepted our invitation for dinner tonight and cannot wait to see you.

As I know how Draco usually loves to tear into his presents straight away, I thought it was best to send you yours now so you didn't have to wait.

I do hope you like them.

Best wishes,

The Malfoy family

~

Looking inside the box, Harry saw that they had gotten him two subscriptions to Quidditch Weekly and Young Minds, a monthly magazine that talks about politics and important discoveries in the world of academia. There was also a large crystal wizarding chess set, which Harry found to be beautiful, and a box of Honeydukes selections.

Harry also received a card from Dumbledore; he opened it and could feel the magic coming from the card. The magic was very slight but he had been developing his magic sensitivity ever since he had it unlocked in his last life; his ability to feel magic was now well honed. Scowling at the familiar scrawl, Harry opened the card.

~

Harry,

My dear boy, I do hope you have a wonderful birthday and do consider visiting and returning to your family.

If not them, then perhaps a familiar wizarding family. I'm sure I know the perfect family who would love to take you in.

It really would be for the best, don't you agree?

Kind regards and salutations,

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

~

Harry snorted as he read the note and passed it to Sirius, who read it with a scowl. The animagus barely resisted his urge to rip the letter up before Remus took it and read it himself.

"He really doesn't give up, does he?" Sirius said, standing and pacing slightly. He hadn't said anything but Harry could see he was worried; most likely about the trial and the influence Dumbledore had.

"Can you feel the magic on the paper?" Harry asked.

Sirius stilled and closed his eyes - Harry recognised it as him connecting to his own core. Unlike Harry, who could do it instinctively, Sirius had to concentrate - and even then such sensitivity didn't always work. Remus, he noted, didn't attempt to sense it at all; Harry assumed the wolf knew he wouldn't have a chance at detecting the very subtle compulsion. Although a strong wizard, Harry would acknowledge that Sirius did have more latent magic to draw from in his core compared to Remus. Remus did, however, have an advantage with his wolf senses and stamina.

Sirius took a few seconds before he let out a slight growl, sounding suspiciously like he did in his dog form. "It's got a compulsion on it. I can just about feel it when I'm concentrating my magic."

Harry nodded. "Yes, I felt it as soon as I noted the envelope. It's subtle, but rather strong."

Remus placed the note down hesitantly. "Do you have any idea what the compulsion was for and if I'll be affected? I don't have rings like you two and I didn't even note the charm."

Harry double check the envelope with his magic, feeling the charm. "It's okay, it was aimed at only me. It was to make me agree with him, most likely with the suggestion about visiting my family and trusting him again."

Remus let out a relieved breath. That was his new fear - the fact he was susceptible to Dumbledore's compulsions and could therefore be used against Harry and Sirius was more terrifying than any full moon. Even his occlumency training, although not advanced, didn't help and his wolf, which usually hated being manipulated, didn't seem to help at all.

"Why?" Sirius asked. "What's his plan, his goal? Why doesn't he just leave you alone?"

Harry sighed. "I can't be sure."

Sirius swore, making Remus glare. "Pads, not now. It's Harry's birthday and we are going to make it special."

Sirius nodded and let out a long breath. "I would just love to know what he's up to."

"We all wou—" Remus was cut off when Sirius suddenly jumped up and made a muffled noise, sounding distinctly like a curse word.

"What are you doing now?" the wolf asked in exasperation.

"I have an idea! I'm such an idiot - I had completely forgotten about him!" Sirius shouted, sounding like he was halfway up the stairs.

Harry and Remus shared a look and followed the sounds of Sirius' footsteps. They found him on the 3rd floor, outside an office, talking to a portrait Harry had never really noticed. The family portraits had been frozen by the goblins and left that way. However, Harry soon realised why Sirius was so excited. In front of them was a portrait Harry recognised well: it was Phineas Nigellus Black.

"It's about bloody time, boy!" Phineas berated Sirius. "I've been trying to get your attention all week!"

Sirius mumbled an apology while Harry wondered how he had never noticed the painting - in this life or the last. He suspected Dumbledore had the paintings removed as most of them were thrown out.

"Hello again, sir," Harry said, drawing the attention to himself.

Phineas' painting turned and let out a huff of air. "You! I don't know whether to be proud of you or worried. You've got that fool of a man Dumbledore acting rather erratically," he said.

Remus seemed to suddenly recognise the painting and took a step forward, placing a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"What's he doing?" Sirius asked.

"The coot is obsessed with the boy, always going on about him and his plans. He doesn't go into detail around us - I suspect he knows we hold no loyalty to him," Phineas said.

"You've heard nothing concrete?" Remus asked.

Phineas started at Remus with pursed lips before answering anyway, "No, not as such. He has mentioned a petition to have more Dark homes searched and getting Grimmauld on the list. Something about making sure something is found. And he has mumbled a few times about suitable Light families, such as the Weasleys."

Sirius and Harry both growled. The house, being as old as it was, did have a few Darker artefacts - and the books, well, Harry refused to be parted with them. He knew a lot of them were banned and even illegal, but magic shouldn't be sanctioned.

"I see, thank you," Sirius said.

"If you keep my portrait unblocked I will be happy to pass along anything I see or hear. Although he is paranoid, he does forget, and sometimes he seems to get caught up," Phineas said.

"Isn't your loyalty keyed to Hogwarts, though?" Remus asked, remembering something he had once read.

"Partly yes, that is true, but Dumbledore isn't Hogwarts. The school has my loyalty as well as my family. Sirius and young Harrison here are my family, my Heirs."

"Thank you, sir," Harry said.

The portrait stared at Harry for a moment. "Have we met before? Or have you ever been alone in Dumbledore's office?" he asked.

Harry shook his head; he had never spoken to the portrait in this life. "No, sir. I have been to his office a few times over this year, though. He is rather persistent in trying to get me up there."

Phineas hummed as observed the boy. "Strange, you seem very familiar."

Sirius sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Fortunately, it had regained a lot of its former glory with the help of his healers and the goblins who he had visited once again.

"If you would pass along anything, we would be grateful. However, as it's Harry's birthday, I think we should get going. We have the day planned before dinner tonight with the Malfoy's," he told the painting.

"Oh, finally living up to the family's standards, are we?" asked the painting snidely. Sirius had never gotten on well with the painting growing up and after he had entered Hogwarts it had been even worse. However, he knew that Phineas' loyalty was to the Blacks and he would help.

Sirius glared. "I'm finally free of Dumbledore's manipulations and giving people a second and last chance," he said.

Phineas hummed and looked pleased. "Good. You have to potential to bring our family back to it's former glory."

Sirius nodded and walked away from the painting, grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him along when the boy seemed to stop and stare at the painting. Harry wondered if Phineas was sensing things about him from his other life encounters.

~

The rest of the day passed quickly. The two men had planned it so that Harry could experience as many things as possible. They had apparated him to muggle London and taken him to a matinee performance of a west end show. They had had lunch in Italy - really, Sirius had paid for an international floo to take them all to Rome to have lunch in a private wizarding area of the Colosseum, and then they had explored the city for a few hours, seeing the main sights easily with the help of magic. Harry had also bought a load of souvenirs for his friends, even getting Draco something.

By the time they had returned home, Harry was beyond exhilarated; it had been one of the best days of his life.

"We have an hour before we're due at the Malfoy's," Remus said after casting a tempus charm.

"I'm going to take a quick bath," Harry said. Even with cooling charms, which he had been casting wandlessly to not gain attention, he still felt the need to shower before dinner.

"Good idea," Sirius said, dramatically sniffing Harry, making the boy hit him in the stomach.

~

Dressing slightly more formally than he would for dinner at home, Harry selected to wear black trousers and a silver shirt with an open emerald green robe, a few shades darker than his eyes. He also had on his new charm bracelet and his hair tied back with a silver ribbon he had bought in Rome.

Looking in the mirror, Harry noted the differences between this twelve-year-old boy and his last. Although still not tall, he was probably an inch taller than last time. His hair was now smoother and fell to his shoulders in more controlled waves. He no longer wore glasses and, although his face was softer, it wasn't as pronounced as it was when he had first had the glamour removed - perhaps as he was younger and still had baby fat. He was slightly androgynous as an adult he supposed, but at this age it wasn't as noticeable. His eyes still dominated his face, the green actually glowing slightly when Harry allowed his magic to flair.

Walking downstairs, he saw that Remus and Sirius had done the same as him and were dressed much more formally than normal.

Flooing into the Malfoy's entrance room, Harry noted the luxury and grace of the place. It was graceful and luxurious but lacked a certain home-like feeling.

"Welcome to our home," Lucius greeted after Harry had straightened himself out. He still stumbled slightly when exiting the floo and he doubted he would ever master the art.

"Thank you for having us," Sirius responded as the highest-ranking member of their party.

Narcissa entered then with Draco. "I thought I felt the wards let you in. Welcome," she greeted warmly, stepping up to Sirius and kissing his cheek.

"Happy birthday, Harry," Draco said, smiling hesitantly, making Harry realise that his pompousness and arrogance had yet to fully manifest.

"Thank you for having us and thank you for the birthday gifts," Harry said, sending Draco a smile before Narcissa leant down and kissed his cheek also.

Lucius shook hands with Sirius and even Remus, and offered his hand to Harry once he was free of Narcissa, who had started to flutter about him.

Harry took the hand and shook it, before he felt Lucius' magic suddenly prod at his. Raising an eyebrow in question, Harry felt it as Lucius' magic seemed to dance around his.

Seeing he had been noted, Lucius straightened. "I apologise, it seems my magic reacts strongly to yours," he said, making Harry wonder.

Sirius, who heard the exchange, turned and looked at Harry with concern. Seeing this, Harry waved him off before turning back to Lucius. "It's fine, Lucius. I keep my magic masked slightly, perhaps that is the reason," Harry said, knowing that Lucius was really trying to gauge his magical core with his prodding.

Lucius nodded, showing he understood Harry had caught him, but he wasn't bothered. "I see. Yes, that must have been it."

Draco took a hesitant step forward then and offered his own hand. Harry shook it without concern. They all moved into the family sitting room then and had drinks whilst waiting for dinner.

"So, did you get anything good for your birthday?" the blond asked, sitting with Harry near the large windows overlooking immaculate gardens. Harry had even caught sight of a white peacock roaming the grounds.

Harry nodded and explained his presents, once again thanking Draco for his gift.

"Your friends seem nice, like they really care," Draco said, looking at Harry's bracelet with a slight frown, making Harry think about Draco's own friends. He had his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle, but Harry wasn't sure if they were friends. In his later years he had hung around Zabini, Nott, and Parkinson a lot, but Harry couldn't be sure who his actual friends were.

Realising this, Harry felt bad for the boy and nodded. "Yes, they're actually pretty great. I never had real friends before I met them," he admitted.

"They won't mind me coming along tomorrow?" Draco asked.

"No. As long as you don't call them names or spout off rubbish about them like Ronald does, then I can't see them having any problems. I told them yesterday when I saw them that you would be joining us," Harry said.

Draco snorted. "Like I could ever act like the weasel," he said arrogantly.

Harry smiled. It seemed that without Harry there to be his rival, Draco had promoted Ron into that place. Soon enough an elf appeared - Harry was actually pleased to see it wasn't Dobby - and announced dinner was ready.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.6K 118 11
Harry Potter, is a bright kid lives with his parents Lily and James Potter and three younger siblings. when Harry was one years old their family was...
222K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1M 34.5K 89
When Harry got hit by the killing curse, he thought that would be the end of his life. He was happy that he could reunite with his loved ones in the...
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...