Harry Potter and The Shadowed...

itshannieee tarafından

After the final battle Harry learns some unsettling truths about himself and those who he trusts the most. Fo... Daha Fazla

The bonds that hold us
Unlocked Potential
A look beneath a mask
The master of Three
Hello Old world, I'm back
Honey I'm home
Snake in the nest
Revenge served cold
Magical Maze's
Allies and Enemies
Friends, old and new
A web is cast
Then there were three
Let the disillusionment begin
new experiences and namely friends
Fate really does like certain events
Unravelling a web
Far fetched reality
Four out of five
Second year
A peacock and two weasels
Traditions
Building bridges
Secret chambers and sacred maps
How to get rid of a peacock
foolish plans of a peacock
Theft and compulsions all around
A diary
yuletide
An inner circle
Mortem Magicae
Call me Marvolo
A complete soul, more or less..
Relocation
A baby Dark Lord in the making
Part two
It begins
It's not all sunshine and daisies
Bug Hunting
The First Steps
Will there be dragons?
Magical interventions
I see fire
How to catch a goat
End of a Legend
A monster of our own making

Black family values

25K 901 597
itshannieee tarafından

Previously

"Did you know it's a five year prison sentence for not registering as an animagus after you finish school?" Harry asked, smirk widening as he saw Sirius make the connection.

"So, she's...?" he trailed off.

"Yes. People always did say they thought she bugged them to get her information," Harry said, hinting widely.

"Bugged?" Sirius asked.

Harry laughed. "It's a muggle thing," he explained. "But either way, she's an unregistered beetle animagus. I just pointed out the consequences if the wrong people found out and the benefits of our ongoing professional relationship."

Sirius was silent for a moment before he barked out a dog like laugh. Eventually, he calmed down. "You're scary sometimes, but I have never been so proud," he said, making Harry smile.

~

Later that evening, Harry waited with Remus while Sirius went to collect his wand and sign the custody papers. He had taken out a blank book and was planning his days before the trial:

He needed to go out a get Neville a birthday present, and would be busy on the 30th seeing his friends.His own birthday was the 31st, so he should probably expect Sirius and Remus to do something, and the Malfoy's had also mentioned dinner, so that would most likely occur then.On the 1st of August he needed to be in the alley to meet his friends, but more importantly he needed the diary. He hoped Lucius planned on sabotaging Arthur again, he had heard about the raids so he knew the Weasley patriarch was acting as he had in his last life.The custody trial was on the 3rd, so they had to be prepared for that.

Thinking about all of this made Harry want to groan and he bemoaned his fate; he half-heartedly considered if it was worth maintaining his friendships, but he knew that he would regret breaking them off. Not only would they be useful in the future, but all the kids he had befriended were genuinely nice - and Neville, well, Harry couldn't do that to the blond boy. He enjoyed their company, so he knew he wouldn't deliberately end any of his friendships.

"What are you writing now?" Remus asked, not surprised anymore to find Harry with a book; he was always either reading or writing. He couldn't believe anybody who spent more than five minutes with Harry would doubt the small boy belonged in Ravenclaw.

"Just a plan for my next few days. I need to go shopping for Nev's birthday present," he said.

"This is Neville Longbottom?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, Neville's my best friend," Harry told the wolf.

"What's he like? I knew his parents. They were great people," Remus said, his voice sad as he thought about the couple's fate.

Harry spared him a sad smile. "Neville is great. He's in Gryffindor - when we first met he didn't think he was brave enough for the lion house, but almost immediately he stood up for me against some busybody muggleborn girl. He's not a loud boy, more brave when it counts. He also loves Herbology and cannot even look at a potion without it failing somehow," Harry said.

Remus smiled, "He sounds like a nice boy."

"He really is. I don't think he had many friends growing up, he seemed kind of lonely. He also doesn't care that I'm Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived. To him, I'm just Harry. He doesn't expect me to be anything or anybody I'm not," Harry said.

Remus frowned as he remembered how the clerk at the ministry had acted. "Does that happen a lot - people acting weird around you?" he asked. He hadn't realised Harry would dislike the fame, but thinking about it, he thought it obvious.

Harry shrugged. "Sometimes there's this awful boy, Ron - Ronald Weasley, who I think is actually stalking me. He insists I'm a traitor because I'm in Ravenclaw and not Gryffindor. He says I'm supposed to be a hero and a Light wizard who hates everything Dark and Slytherin," Harry said with a sneer.

Remus frowned. He knew the Weasleys, he had gotten along very well with Arthur during the last war. He hadn't seen Molly as much as she had been home with her young children, but he didn't like the idea of their son making Harry's life miserable.

"Well, you know to ignore him right? You are exactly who you are supposed to be, Harry," Remus said.

Harry smiled. "Thanks, Remy."

Sirius returned then and smiled when he took in the relaxed atmosphere.

"Tomorrow I want to visit Grimmauld Place; I want to see how the goblins have been getting on. Not that I haven't enjoyed the Leaky Cauldron, but I think it's time I started proving I can look after you," he said.

Harry internally cheered when he thought about the Black library - finally, he would be able to get back to looking. He had been scouring his books, but he just had a feeling about the library; he knew the answer was in there. There was also the added bonus of getting hold of the locket as well - he would just have to persuade Kreacher.

"It would be good to actually have a house," Harry said.

Sirius smiled. "I wouldn't get your hopes up yet, pup. The house I grew up in wasn't the best and it might be a few days before we can move in."

"I don't mind. I need to go shopping for birthday presents anyway," Harry said.

"Speaking of birthdays, what do you want to do for yours?" Remus asked.

Harry smirked. "Well, I guess cursing Dumbledore bald doesn't count," he said. "Honestly, I don't know; I've never celebrated it before. Can't we just have cake and stuff?"

The two men exchanged dark looks, realising all Harry had missed out on. "We'll think of something," they promised.

~

Entering Grimmauld Place the next day, Harry saw the goblins had done great work; they could probably move in that day. The walls were spotless, with fresh plaster and paint. The floors had been fixed and the wards Harry felt actually intimidated him - they truly were forces to be reckoned with.

Sirius looked just as shocked. "Wow...," the dog animagus said.

Even the portrait of Walburga was silent, the curtains closed.

"Your goblin friends sure do work fast," Remus said, walking around the house.

Entering the kitchen, Harry was shocked to see the improvement; it had been modernized slightly and actually sparkled in places. The drawing room, which held the family tree, had been almost remade. The family tree itself was remastered: Harry saw that Sirius was no longer blasted off and a branch now came from him with Harrison James Potter-Black engraved into the weave.

"So, I think we can move in," Sirius said slowly. The furniture had obviously either been transfigured or replaced as everything was new. There were still a lot of the original items (coffee tables, ornaments, book shelves, etc.), but there were new elements mixed in, making the home unrecognizable. Even Harry, who hadn't been gone that long in comparison as he had lived in the remains of the home in his last life before returning, couldn't recognize the house they now stood in.

Re-entering the kitchen, Remus and Sirius startled when Kreacher appeared with a pop.

Harry felt a tug on his magic when he saw the elf, startling him. The elf looked between Harry and Sirius in confusion.

"Which one is Master? Both boy and stain on family have bond - oh, what to do - Mistress would have known," the elf muttered, distress clear.

Sirius looked shocked and took a step towards the elf. Harry, seeing this, ran and put himself between the two. He knew their relationship was terrible but he had truly bonded with the elf in his last life.

Sirius, startled by Harry's sudden movement, stopped. "Kreacher, how are you still alive?" he asked

The elf, who was staring at Harry with shocked eyes, turned back to Sirius. "Kreacher lives - oh, how he lives. Great Master Regulus is gone, even Mistress is gone, but still Kreacher lives," the elf wailed. "Kreacher felt it when the stain became Lord Black. Kreacher never thought he would serve such a man. Sending nasty goblins in to clean and bringing with him a wolf and a boy is also Master."

Sirius looked angry again, but before he could lash out, Harry intervened.

"Hello, Kreacher, my name is Harry. I suspect you feel the bond because I'm the Black family Heir," he explained.

Kreacher looked startled and pulled his ear. "Halfblood Heirs, wolves, what is next for poor Kreacher?" he muttered.

"You're right, I am a halfblood and I was even raised by awful muggles. Muggles who hurt me," Harry said.

Kreacher stilled then. "Muggles hurt little Heir?" he asked.

"Yes, that's why Sirius became your new Lord. We are going to live here from now on and he is going to help me to get better," Harry said, looking at Sirius when he went to interrupt Harry's lies.

Kreacher looked indecisive before he nodded. He could feel the boy's power as it called to him; he was strong and Dark. The power was intoxicating. If this boy was the Heir to the Black family, Kreacher would be happy to help him and their magic was already bonded, anyway. Kreacher was confused - his boy was his Lord but not his Lord.

"Kreacher is happy to serve new Lord Black if he is helping Little Master," Kreacher said. "Little Master should have never been with nasty muggles. Bad things. No, Little Master should be here with Kreacher. Kreacher will look after him, help him. Yes, Kreacher will serve," the elf muttered.

Harry smiled and sent Sirius a smug look. Sirius was floored - the elf never listened to anybody other than his mother and Regulus, who he adored. He had always hated Sirius, even when he was a child.

"How?" he asked Harry when the elf popped away. Harry had used their shock to ask for the locket, promising to destroy it when he could.

Harry shrugged. "I'm just that good," he deadpanned.

"No, seriously. Kreacher hates me," Sirius said, still bewildered, "and here he is, willing to serve me just because of you. He's just met you."

"Maybe he liked the feel of me through the bond?" Harry suggested.

Sirius shrugged and Remus took the moment to intervene. "This is a good thing, anyway. It means Kreacher will help us and he obviously likes Harry so he will look out for him."

Sirius nodded, shocked silent.

"Maybe I'll even work on your mother," Harry mused. "You said her portrait was behind the curtains." He had never really tried to win over Walburga last time and wondered if he could.

Sirius seemed to freeze before he grabbed Harry and physically lifted him. "No, I don't care. You are not meeting that woman for as long as I can manage it."

"She can't be that bad," Harry said, knowing she was but still wanting to try.

"She's worse!" Sirius cried dramatically, Remus nodding his head.

Harry laughed. "So are we moving in today?" he asked.

Sirius looked around. "There's no reason not to. Let's check upstairs first, but if it's like down here we should be good," Sirius agreed reluctantly.

Checking out the remaining three floors, they found them all cleaned and refurbished. Even the library, much to Harry's pleasure, had been refreshed. Seeing the look of glee on Harry's face, Sirius sighed.

"Am I going to have to put a ban on the door, locking you out, if you start spending all your time in here?" he asked.

Harry stilled and looked at him in betrayal. "You wouldn't?!" he gasped.

Sirius and Remus laughed. "Pup, you look like I just told you Santa wasn't real."

Pausing, Harry turned. "Wait, he isn't?" Harry asked in a shocked voice, making sure to look sad.

The men froze but seeing Harry smirk after a few seconds, they breathed out a sigh of relief before laughing. "You had us," Remus admitted.

"I think I just had a heart attack," Sirius said. "I mean, this parenting thing will be harder than I thought."

A look passed over his face and he froze suddenly, horror filled eyes going to Harry. "Merlin! I'm going to have to give you the Talk," he cried. Remus paused and shared a horror filled look with Sirius.

Harry stilled also. No - just no. "Sirius, I've already had the Talk; they do that in muggle primary schools. Also, I go to Hogwarts - I share a dorm with boys. Trust me, I know all I will ever want or need to know. You will never, and I mean ever, have to give me the Talk," Harry said.

Sirius looked so relieved it was almost comical. Remus, however, always practical, took a deep breath. "I know you think that, Harry, but the practicals are different in real life—"

Harry was panicking. He really didn't need this! He was 18, almost 19, for Merlin's sake! "Remus, I promise, I swear on my wand, if I ever have any question I will come to you or Siri, but please, no talk," Harry begged.

Remus looked conflicted but nodded, relieved.

~

After their traumatic discussion about the Talk, Harry managed to ditch the men by asking to go exploring and pick out his room. In reality, he wanted to find a private spot to summon Kreacher.

Calling out, Kreacher appeared with a pop.

"Little Master," Kreacher said.

"You can call me Harrison or Harry if you like, Kreacher," Harry offered. He doubted the elf would, but he had to try.

The elf just shook his head, mumbling about proper rules and propriety.

"Can I have the locket now, Kreacher?" Harry asked.

Kreacher stilled and reached into his dirty pillow case. Pulling out the locket, Harry reached for it and felt a fluttering in his scar. Putting it on, he felt his magic surge slightly before it settled and he felt inexplicably more peaceful - like he had been incomplete without knowing it.

Once he had calmed, Harry looked at Kreacher, who was staring wide eyed, and smiled. "Thank you, Kreacher," he said honestly. "If I can, I promise to destroy this locket."

The elf nodded. He had felt the Little Master's magic just then and it felt like home.

Harry, seeing the dirty pillowcase, held in his wince. "Kreacher, I would like for you go and rest. Have something warm to eat and bathe. When you are rested and full, please find something clean to wear," Harry instructed.

The elf was shocked by the orders and popped away after bowing. Such a great new Master.

Rejoining the men, Harry told them he had picked a room; he was planning on using Regulus' old room. It was light and airy and had its own bathroom.

They returned to the Leaky Cauldron to collect their things and, after a few hours, they had officially moved in. Kreacher had taken to following Harry around and would answer Sirius' call, but begrudgingly.

"Really, did you bribe him or something?" Sirius asked after the elf had finished cleaning their dinner plates up. He had cooked Harry's favourites.

Harry just laughed. "No. I think the fact I was nice to him straight away and that he doesn't like muggles helped," Harry lied. He didn't want to explain about the horcrux or Tom yet, he wanted to build a relationship first.

Sirius just shook his head. "Maybe you would be able to talk to my mother," he mumbled to himself.

~

Going into Diagon Alley the next day with Sirius in order to get Neville's birthday present was manic. The papers had circulated the news, meaning Sirius was able to go out, but the crowds were horrendous. It reminded Harry of his first time in Diagon Alley with Hagrid all those years ago. Strangers were coming up to them, shaking Sirius' hand and saying how they had never believed it.

"Such a shame!"

"Outrageous!"

Some people though, Harry noticed, turned the other way. He could hear whispering about cover-ups and guilt. Harry turned dark eyes on them, and barely stopped himself from hexing the crowd. Sirius took it all in stride though, making sure to smile and ask for privacy while he shopped. Hearing the negative whispers didn't haze him, he just shrugged them off. Eventually, the crowds seemed to thin out; the sycophants got used to their presence and left them alone.

"So, do you have any idea what you want to buy for your friend?" Sirius asked.

Harry frowned. He had been thinking about it all night but he wasn't sure. He knew Neville loved plants, but everybody knew that - he wanted to get the boy something special. "No," he admitted. "I don't want to get him something obvious. I want Neville to see that I really do care."

Sirius nodded and looked at Harry with thought. "He's just a friend? This Neville?" he asked.

Harry actually blanched at the thought of having romantic inclinations towards Neville. "Ew," he said with a shudder, making Sirius laugh. The man was probably thinking Harry was still too young, when in reality Harry saw his classmates as children.

As his body was physically eleven, almost twelve, Harry wasn't yet suffering from hormones thankfully. He was not looking forward to going through puberty again; at least this time he knew what to expect and wouldn't have to stumble blindly.

"You know I wouldn't care if you like boys or girls or both, right?" Sirius said in a moment of parental brilliance.

Harry smiled. He had suspected Sirius was bisexual in his last life - surely his animosity towards Snape couldn't be anything but pent up sexual tension.

"I'm gay," Harry said plainly, shocking Sirius with his easy exclamation. Harry had never actually kissed a man, but as his soulmate was male he was pretty sure he was gay. It only added to the fact the two kisses he had shared with girls, Cho and Ginny, had been rather... lacking.

Sirius coughed slightly. He wasn't bothered about Harry preferences; homosexuality was accepted in the wizarding world. Nobody cared as the use of potions made it so family lines could continue. However, he was shocked at how easily Harry admitted his sexuality. Most young boys wouldn't openly say it - especially a boy who was raised by muggles.

"That's good - fine, I mean, it's good that you know," Sirius stuttered out. "Being gay in the wizarding world doesn't matter, well not really - there's are always some idiot who won't accept it, but there are people like that everywhere, people who look down on family and blood status. I just wanted you to know, that nobody will judge you for being gay - if you were worried."

Harry smiled. He had never had a problem with people's sexuality, but the issue had never come up.

"Thanks, Siri," Harry said, spotting a small obscure knick-knack shop that looked promising.

Entering the shop, Harry noticed that the wards must have been keeping the magical signature blocked as the shop practically hummed with latent magic.

Sirius followed Harry. "So when did you notice that you liked boys?" he asked, interested in getting to know more about Harry.

Harry shrugged. He didn't want to bring up Tom, so instead he turned and arched an eyebrow. "How did you know you liked both?" he asked instead, getting a roguish grin from Sirius.

"A bottle of firewhiskey and lack of propriety. However, that's a story for when you're older," he said with a wink.

Harry chuckled under his breath at the answer. "I've never liked girls - not like that, at least. I just didn't realise that wasn't 'normal'," Harry said, his fingers curling into air quotes when he spoke.

Sirius frowned. "It's perfectly normal," he insisted, understanding what Harry meant but wanting to reassure the boy.

Harry smiled and noted something in the corner of his eye that caught his attention. There were two glass orbs and Harry could feel the impressive magic coming from them. Picking one up, he examined it.

"Are you interested in the message orbs?" asked a bored assistant, who materialized as soon as Harry picked up the orb.

Hearing that, something in his mind clicked and Harry realised what the ball was. "I think so. How do they work?" he asked.

The shop assistant looked at Harry properly then and did an almost comical double take when he realised exactly who he was talking to.

"They work a bit like muggle telephones. They're connected, you simply speak a message into your orb and the message can be played back in the other," the assistant said, staring reverently at Harry's forehead, where his scar was hidden by his fringe.

Harry hummed. "How much are they?" he asked. They would be the perfect present.

"Twelve galleons."

Harry considered them again. They were a bit expensive, not that he couldn't afford them, however he knew that he wanted them.

"I'll take them, please," Harry said.

Sirius nodded. "Can you gift wrap one of them?" he addressed the shopkeeper. Turning to Harry, he asked, "I'm assuming that you're planning on giving one to Neville?"

The shopkeeper let out an actual squeak when he spotted Sirius and, with shaking hands, took the orbs and ran to the back room after frantically nodding his head.

~

Once they were done with the gift shopping, Sirius and Harry wandered around the stores with their cloaks up, their faces partially hidden. Sirius had insisted on paying, claiming it was his job to take care of Harry.

There was a large crowd of children outside of Quality Quidditch Supplies, making Harry remember that Nimbus had just released the 2001.

Seeing the direction of Harry's gaze, Sirius grinned and asked, "Do you like quidditch, Harry?"

Harry frowned. He had loved it, but he honestly hadn't played in so long and never in this life. He settled with an, "It's okay."

"Just okay? Blasphemy!" Sirius said dramatically.

Harry rolled his eyes at his antics. "I was considering trying out for the team," he told the dog animagus.

Sirius's eye lit up with glee. "That's great, Harry! I loved quidditch when I was at school; me and your father were on the team. I was a beater and your dad was a chaser. He was captain as well in our 6th year," Sirius said, excitedly taking Harry's hand and pulling him through the crowd and into the shop.

The shop was not that busy inside, however there was a familiar family standing by the counter. The door had opened with a bell, meaning that when Harry had observed the shop's occupants, he had met the eyes of Lucius Malfoy, who had looked up at the sound.

Harry remembered how Draco had bought the entire Slytherin team new brooms and wondered if the boy would do so again. The boy didn't really need to; he was a fantastic seeker, he didn't need to resort to bribery.

Sirius saw the Malfoys and frowned, probably conflicted by his lack of compulsions warring with his own memories and possible regrets.

Harry gave his hand a tight squeeze before he pulled free.

Lucius, with Narcissa on his arm, approached the pair, Draco trailing behind them.

"Harrison," the blond said to Harry, giving the boy a nod, before he turned to Sirius. "Might I offer my congratulations on claiming your title, Lord Black," he said, offering his hand. The gesture was not lost on either Harry or Sirius: Lucius was offering his friendship, or more likely, a political alliance. Harry wasn't sure if Sirius would take it; he knew Sirius had probably fought the man during the last war and he wouldn't hold it against him if he held onto his resentment.

Sirius sent Harry a look that said he would be explaining things later before he took Lucius hand and gave it one firm shake. "I welcome them, Lord Malfoy, but please call me Sirius. We are family, after all," he said, giving Narcissa a smile.

Narcissa was looking at her cousin with calculating eyes, taking in every detail. Eventually she smiled lightly and Harry saw her eyes soften. "Cousin Sirius," she greeted.

Sirius stepped forward and pulled the aristocratic woman into a light hug, shocking Harry. He had never even heard his old Sirius mention the blonde woman's name in his last life.

"It's good to see you, Cissy," Sirius whispered. He had clearly decided to ignore his resentment at the former Death Eaters.

The woman smiled and pulled out of the hug, before she lightly swatted Sirius' arm. "None of that, you're making a scene," she lightly scolded.

Sirius just grinned and reached over to peck her cheek.

Narcissa smiled again before she turned to look at Harry. Her expression didn't change as she looked at the boy. She remembered reading Draco's letter and had spoken about him with Lucius after their meeting at the trial. She understood now what her husband had meant. This child felt... alive. He seemed to vibrate magic, but she felt no overwhelming power from him, and his eyes - they looked like they held all the knowledge in the world. They were both old and young, full of secrets and radiating life.

Holding out a hand, Narcissa smiled lightly when Harry bent and kissed the air.

"Lady Malfoy," Harry greeted.

"You may call me Narcissa, Heir Potter. After all, like my cousin has said, we are practically family," Narcissa told the small boy.

Harry smiled. "Then you must call me Harrison or Harry."

Narcissa turned to Sirius then and the two lost themselves talking about family and memories. Narcissa told Sirius of plans for having them over to Malfoy manor for dinner.

Draco was watching with interest Harry noted, so he turned to him with a smile. "Hello, Draco," he said, making sure his voice was friendly.

Draco smiled slightly. "Hello, Harry," Draco replied.

"Are you getting a broom for school?" Harry asked.

"Yes. I'm trying to persuade father to buy the entire team new brooms. Have you seen the school ones? They're just terrible!" Draco said.

Harry smiled lightly. "They are, but still, it's best to have terrible brooms for the beginners. Imagine the muggleborns having to ride the latest Nimbus model the first time they got on a broom," Harry said.

Draco had stilled when Harry had said muggleborn, but smirked as he obviously pictured it. "It would be a disaster," he said with slight glee.

"Or, heaven forgive, Neville. He's my best friend, but give him a broom and he is likely to cause permanent damage."

Draco laughed. "Or a potion," he added before suddenly looking unsure as he had insulted Harry's friend, though not maliciously.

Harry nodded. "True, but watch him in Herbology and you'll see how amazing he can be. He's also surprisingly adept at pranks, as Ron Weasley can attest to." Harry did want to try with Draco, but he wouldn't allow him to think Neville was a fool.

Draco's eyes widened. "Longbottom was the one to turned the weasel green?" he asked. It had been a running bet in the Slytherin common room.

Harry nodded. "He didn't take kindly to Ron's Gryffindor Light warrior speeches, which usually feature me and how I'm evil incarnate for being in Ravenclaw."

"I swear that entire family is mental. Their dad is currently having our manor raided hoping to find Dark artefacts, like we would keep them lying around," Draco scoffed then stilled when he realised what he had said.

Harry didn't hold any resentment towards Arthur Weasley. It wasn't his fault his wife and children were morally corrupt twats. However, the man was a true believer in Dumbledore and his Light regime - not in on his plans, but a supporter. Harry didn't doubt he targeted the Darker families purposely and with Dumbledore's support, honestly thinking he was doing the right thing.

"What do you expect? I bet they're all Gryffindors," Harry said.

Draco smirked. "All the weasels are Gryffindors."

"To be fair, I do rather enjoy the twins. They have rather Slytherin cunning at times," Harry said, making Draco frown.

"They're menaces," he said, offended at the thought of Weasleys in Slytherin.

Harry just smirked. "But I can see their potential."

Draco frowned when he saw the calculating look in Harry's eye. He had observed the raven haired boy this year. He had wanted to offer his hand in friendship, but had been unsure how to approach him. Harry Potter was nothing like he had expected him to be: he had grown up with the stories, hearing the rumours. Yet, the boy who turned up to Hogwarts was not the boy he had spent his life picturing, and he found he rather liked that.

Harry noticed Lucius was observing them and turned to include him in their discussion. "Did you ever play quidditch at school?" he asked.

Lucius had observed the boy as he spoke and had to admit Harry was skilful in how he spoke and manipulated people. He didn't get the sense the boy was being malicious, he was just very calculating. "I did. I was a chaser during my school years."

Sirius jumped into the conversation then, almost relieved to be escaping Narcissa's talks of family and available women. "He was quite good, too. Couldn't beat us lions, though."

Lucius frowned at that. "Do you wish to play when you return back to school, Harrison?" he asked instead of responding to Sirius' claim.

"I think I will try out for the Ravenclaw team. I want to be a seeker," Harry said.

"You have the build for it," Draco said, though he wasn't sure he wanted Harry to try out. He didn't like losing and Harry really did the perfect build for the position, and if the rumours were true, he was a natural on a broom.

Harry smiled. "I still haven't decided. What position do you want, Draco?" he asked.

"I want to be a seeker, but I wouldn't mind being a chaser," he said.

"I'm sure you would do well at either," Harry said.

"Well, if you're considering trying out, you will need a broom," Sirius said, "and everything else that a broom requires."

"I don't need you to get me a broom, Siri," Harry said. He didn't like having money spent on him. Even now knowing he could afford it, Harry still always got a twinge when he had people buy him things.

"Nonsense! It's your birthday in a few days anyway," Sirius answered, brushing off Harry's concern.

"It's your birthday?" Draco asked, forgetting that fact from the books and stories.

"Yes, on the 31st," Harry replied. "If you would like, I'm meeting some friends on the 1st in Diagon Alley to celebrate and get our school supplies. You're welcome to join us - you can bring a friend as well if you're wary of the company."

Draco had a considering look on his face. "No, it's fine. I shall have to check, but I think that it would be okay."

"It is fine, dear," Narcissa said, having overheard. "I shall have to send you an owl, but I will have you, Remus, and Sirius over for dinner in a week and we can celebrate your birthday properly."

"Would you mind if I joined you? I have business in the alley and was planning going on that day," Lucius said, making the hairs on Harry's arm stand on end. It seemed fate really was trying to recreate certain things.

"Not at all, Lucius. In fact, I'm sure that Sirius and Remus would welcome your company as being responsible for five children is a daunting task."

Sirius had returned at this point, his arms laden with supplies ranging from goalie gloves to wood treatment kits.

Seeing him struggle, Harry rolled his eyes and regretted having to pretend to be magicless. 'Stupid ministry trace rules,' Harry thought. Instead, he asked, exasperated, "You do know you're a wizard, right?"

Sirius looked over his pile. "What has that got to do with anything?" he asked.

"Magic, Siri. You could have shrunk those things and put them in a charmed bag - or any other countless option instead of struggling," Harry explained.

Sirius grinned and dropped his pile on the counter. "It's more fun this way," he told Harry.

Harry shook his head and smiled when he heard Draco muttering about Gryffindors.

~

After getting their supplies and brooms - a Nimbus 2001, a broom Harry had neither owned or ridden in his last life - the group split up. Harry promised to write to Draco about the meeting on the 1st and Narcissa promised a family meal for Harry's birthday in return.

Seeing the time, the two decide to return home. Harry spent his time grumbling when he had to apparate side-along. Leaving the drawing room, Harry allowed Sirius to follow him into the library.

"I didn't know that you had a cousin," Harry lied, taking a seat in his favourite chair. He had been pleased to find the goblins hadn't changed the chair in the refurbishment.

Sirius winced. "I have three cousins: Cissy, Andromeda, and Bellatrix. When we were kids, we were quite close; well, I was close with Andy and Cissa. Bella was always a bit...," Sirius cut off. "When I went off to Hogwarts, I stopped caring about them. Bella was a 5th year, Andy was a 3rd year, and Cissy was a year younger. I was sorted into Gryffindor, which Blacks just don't do, and, with the compulsions, I became the person I was. I see now that my behaviour probably caused them some pain; I was always a strong headed kid, standing up for what I believed in. There's a strong chance I would have gone Gryffindor anyway, but well...."

"You can't change the past, Siri," Harry said, the irony not lost on him.

"I know and I would love to get to know Cissa again, even Lucius. I didn't like him in school, he was always too Slytherin for me. Then, when the war was starting up, he was already a tattooed member of the other side," Sirius admitted before he turned to look at Harry. "How do you know Lucius and why do you call him Lucius?"

Harry sighed and explained, "I met him the day of your trial, we spoke before it started. He asked for me to call him his given name and I consented for him to do the same."

Sirius nodded. "You do know he was a real Death Eater, right? He was never under the Imperius."

Harry nodded. "I know, but the war is over and now he's just a man. Granted, an influential man who holds a lot of power, but he only ever had loyalty to the Dark cause anyway, not Voldemort." Harry added that information, remembering how Lucius had abandoned Voldemort. He was a true believer in the Dark cause and had joined hoping to build a better world.

Sirius looked startled. "How could you possibly know that?" he asked.

Harry shrugged. "Trust me," he answered without answering.

Sirius shook his head and looked around the room. "You know, you spend too much time in here," he said. He wanted to question the boy further but he didn't want to risk pushing for too much too fast.

Harry snorted. "Most people would like the fact that their child enjoys spending time in the library," he commented.

Sirius grinned. "Have you seen the duelling room?" he asked, twitching in his seat.

Harry stilled. "No," he said truthfully and barely resisted hitting himself - he was a fool.

He had been using and stretching his magic as much as he could a lot more since the house's wards prevented the ministry trace from working. He had noticed his magical stamina increasing and using the duelling room would be massively beneficial. He had totally forgotten about it as, in his last life, the room had been warded off and closed for their safety - because practicing duelling during a war where people kept cursing at him was so dangerous.

Sirius grinned and looked triumphant. He had started to randomly pop up whenever Harry had been spending, by Sirius' own words, too much time in the library, and tried to drag him out.

"Come on, then," he said.

Harry trailed after the man. The duelling room looked like it had been upgraded. The practice dummies looked new and the wards around the area where much more complex.

"You've got your wand on you, right?" Sirius asked.

Harry rolled his eyes. As if he would leave his wand behind; true, he was proficient with wandless magic, but Sirius didn't know that.

Entering the room after Sirius, Harry looked around and saw how much the room had been upgraded; he had only entered it once in his last life. Now, the room had a row of practice dummies and a power gauge, meaning they could have the difficulty altered depending on who was using them. There was also a raised platform and a small selection of daggers and other physical weapons.

Sirius darted into the room and spun around. "It's brilliant in here, isn't it?" he asked Harry.

Harry smiled at his excitement and nodded. "Was it like this when you were younger?" he asked.

"Back then it was more basic. Your goblin friends really did a great job."

Harry nodded and went to inspect the power gauge. Seeing Harry's attention waver, Sirius came over. "You can use them but I would prefer it if you waited for either me or Remus to be around," he told the small looking boy.

Harry nodded. He didn't plan on doing that as it would be difficult to explain his prowess, but what they didn't know wouldn't harm them.

Sirius grinned and set up a single dummy for Harry to use, putting it on the lowest setting. Harry resigned himself to fighting a child dummy and flicked his wrist so his wand was out. Racking his brain, Harry thought of a simple spell chain a child should be able to do: a simple blasting and stunning combination.

Sirius took a step back when he felt Harry's magic. His small godson was deceptive. He had such control over his magical core that he could go undetected unless he unleashed his power. The control and speed in which he could wield his magic was advanced; his finesse was like somebody already of age, not a nearly twelve-year-old.

"Well, you make me look like a novice," he joked.

Harry sent him a bland look. "Hardly, I just find that magic comes much more easily to me, especially since I had my blocks removed last summer. I can sense magic, feel it, and with my memory I don't really need to practice a spell more than once before I've got it for good."

Sirius hummed. The explanation was true, but it felt like there was something missing. "Well, I'm probably at the same stage as you right now. My healer recommended me coming in and practicing for half an hour a day, but my stamina is shot," he admitted.

Harry made sure not to look sympathetic. "Give yourself some time - you know you'll get there," he said with conviction.

Sirius smiled. "Well, maybe you could join me. You can show me what else you know - don't think I was fooled by those firstie spells."

Harry nodded. "I suppose I could practice with you." Harry would just have to stick to 4th year and below.

~

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

573K 35K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
43.2K 1.5K 57
This is going to be set in the summer before fifth year at Hogwart's. Harry had always believed in Dumbledore and never doubted him that is until he...
103K 2.5K 8
"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...Born to those who have thrice defied him,born as the seventh month dies...And the Dark...
40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...