Your Passion Sets My Heart Ab...

By BrambleDawn

Having lost passion, the world already seems completely different. . . Until others help to change it. A team... More

• Prologue •
• Chapter I •
• Chapter II •
• Chapter IV •
• Chapter V •
• Chapter VI •
• Chapter VII •
• Chapter VIII •
• Chapter IX •
• Chapter X •

• Chapter III •

2.9K 59 59
By BrambleDawn

(Y/N) - Your name
(A/S) - Animal species
(E/C) - Eye colour

The escape continued. The animals ran forward with the hope of getting out safe and sound. Turning in the right direction, they found themselves in a large room with columns up to the ceiling. The sound of a working machine reached their ears. The exit came into their view , and they ran towards it. But seeing it blocked, their eyes widened and they came to a stop, breathing deeply. "Oh no!" Alex exclaimed in hopelessness.

"What do we do?" Melman asked.

Suddenly, Gloria furrowed her brows, with determination on her face, and warned with confidence. "Alright, everybody, stand back. I got this." The others just looked at her with surprise, Melman even backed away slightly. And with this, she rushed to the barrier full force, with the purpose of breaking through it and creating an exit.

But unfortunately, all she could do was leave a deep dent on the barrier. She wobbly returned to the others, holding onto her forehead with one hand, and muttered in defeat, "Nevermind."

"Well, you only get one chance at a first impression." Skipper commented before he whistled.

At the same second, behind the barrier, there was the sound of tires banging against the road, and out of nowhere a van burst through, spinning on a smooth surface. The animals, not expecting this, cried out in surprise as they saw the truck heading towards them. The back doors flew open, and the van swept up shocked mammals. After that, it turned and crashed into one of the columns.

"What just happened?" Alex asked.

"Where are we?" Gloria said, dumbfounded.

"What is this?" (Y/N) demanded, looking around.

In front of them was a child seat in which a Skipper was strapped. It turned sharply, giving a view of the penguin. "We call it 'The Luxury Assault Recreational Vehicle'." he replied with a smirk.

Pulling a lever on the baby's steering wheel, he listened with a satisfied look to the words of the baby's device before turning to the front of the truck. "Step on it, boys!" he commanded.

Less than a moment later, the truck began to move again. Turning the steering wheel to the right caused the vehicle to crash into other columns, destroying the room in a second. Rico drove out of the casino building into the park, landing on a red car in the parking lot. Private turned on the turn signal, then fell down, where he pressed his back against the pedal, setting the van in motion again. They dashed away from the casino.

Melman stuck his head out of the car window and watched from the outside of the car. Inside, everyone found a place for themselves and followed the events.

Alex sat in the passenger seat, Marty behind him, Gloria behind the driver's seat, and (Y/N) between Gloria and Skipper.

The main penguin turned with the seat towards one of his crew members. "Kowalski," he called out, "Signal the chimps to meet us at the rendezvous point with the Super Plane. Hotel Ambassador." he clarified. "Let's move it!" he honked.

The animals cheered. But in the middle of his joy, Melman hit his head against the sign, which made him look back. "Huh?" he narrowed his eyes. Their van was followed by a redhead woman and 4 more officers on red mopeds. Seeing the woman smirk, his eyes widened and he tilted his neck forward. "Guys," he called, "We got a tail."

They all looked behind. "Paparazzi!" Julien exclaimed joyfully.

"Pedal to the medal, Private!" Skipper ordered, turning towards his teammate. Private nodded and obliged.

Julien pushed the other lemurs aside and threw open the doors. "Don't take any pictures, please!" he shouted.

The animals looked through the open doors to see the same officers chasing them.

"Hi!" Julien shouted at them, kicking Mort to the side. "Here I am!" he took a pose. A shot was taken, but not the one he expected. The redhead fired a sleeping dart from her pistol. Julien immediately went limp and couldn't speak clearly. With fear in her eyes from what she saw, (Y/N) shouted, "Close the doors!"

"No more pictures!" Mort yelled, as him and Maurice obeyed the (A/S) before more darts could hit them. The chase continued.

"ETA to rendezvous point?" Skipper asked.

"Two minutes, thirty seven seconds, sir." Kowalski responded.

"Man your battle stations." he ordered the other penguins. Rico jumped off the wheel, causing Alex to panic. "Hey wait!" he yelled, "Nobody's in the wheel!" He watched as Private placed a brick on the pedal and abandoned his posture. "Get back there!" he looked at the back of the van to see the same penguins doing different tasks. "Negative on the driver! There's no driver!" Alex continued yelling.

The others screamed in fright as the van began hitting the other cars. "Nobody's driving!" Gloria shouted.

"Somebody do something!" (Y/N) angrily yelled, seeing as Alex didn't take the wheel.

"Well, don't just sit there, fancy pants. Grab the wheel!" Skipper ordered.

"Are you kidding?" Alex asked rhetorically, "I don't drive! I'm a New Yorker!" he pointed out. Before their argument could continue, (Y/N) quickly got behind the wheel, pushing Alex aside. "That's it! Move over, Miss Daisy!" she said.

"What are you doing?! (A/S)s can't drive!" he complained, looking at her fearfully. "Only penguins and people can drive!"

"Do you have a better idea, Alex?!" (Y/N) fired back, clutching the wheel with her paws.

"What do all these buttons do?" Marty asked, his childish curiosity getting the better of him as he leaned forward. Ignoring his best friends, Marty pressed one of the buttons, which turned on loud music. And as soon as the first notes went, (Y/N) turned the wheel, making van accidentally hit one of the many cars and make a flip. "Help me!" Melman screamed. When the van rolled from its roof onto the wheels, the glass completely broke and fell out.

"Nice one, Kitten." Scipper praised, causing (Y/N) to look at him and smile proudly. She continued to drive the vehicle, knocking down everything that gets in the way. "Crazy woman gaining!" Maurice yelled, warning everyone.

"What do we do now?!" (Y/N) shouted in fright, looking at the lead penguin for a second, before turning her eyes back to the road.

"Fear not, my Spanish friend." he teased, "Our Omega-3 slick will take them down." Skipper reassured. "Private!" he turned his attention towards the said penguin, who looked over at his leader, waiting for Skipper's commands, "Activite!"

Private pressed the button with number 3. Stealing a glance through the mirror on the side of the door, (Y/N) saw how a slick, filled with living fish, was released behind the van. Her hope to break away from their pursuers was in vain, as the woman managed to lift her moped over her head and slide along the slick. "She's good." Skipper commented, impressed. "Kowalski, intel."

Kowalski nodded and did what he was instructed. He tiped something on his computer, after which there were photographs and information about the woman that was on their tail. "Sir, We have a serious problem. Captain Chantal DuBois." he informed as the van drove into the tunnel. "Monaco Animal Control. Perfect case record."

Before entering the tunnel, (Y/N) made a sharp turn, which caused them to crash into the curb at the entrance.

"You're going the wrong way, (Y/N)!" Alex pointed out.

"Just call her (Y/N)-O Andretti!" Marty shouted at him in delight, impressed with (A/S)'s skills at driving.

"No!" the lion fired back, looking from the road at his best friend, "She's Sucky-O Andretti!"

"Hey!" she shouted in protest, before sending him a glare, "Stop backseat driving!" she complained.

"I'm passenger seat driving!" Alex reasoned, his tone getting slightly angrier, "Give me the wheel!" he demanded.

"It's not a wheel, it's my baby!"

"Your paws aren't meant to be on a wheel!" Alex tried to reach the wheel, but was unsuccessful due to (Y/N) pushing him back. "Hey, hey, hey! Too late for you to drive!" (Y/N) said. Their argument continued and prevented them from seeing the same redhead woman riding right by their side.

Noticing that (Y/N) was looking at him instead of the road, Alex ordered, "Don't look at me! Don't look at me when we argue, (Y/N)!" He said, throwing a glance at the road ahead, "Look at the road!" he pointed at the road with his paw.

During Alex's outburst (Y/N) rolled her eyes, accidentally acknowledging DuBois's presence, (E/C) eyes widening at the officer. "Be cool," (Y/N) said to her friend, who looked at her in confusion. But upon seeing the woman through the broken window, his eyes also widened. "Be cool," (Y/N) said again, pushing Alex back and turning off the music. Then she looked towards the redhead. "Hi, Officer. Is there a problem?" she asked, smiling nervously.

Alex then leaned forward with slightly scared expression, before giving a nervous smile and raising his paw, "Hi."

The woman just glared at them, raising her tranquilliser gun. This instantly caused animals to panic. (Y/N)'s sudden swerve caused the redhead to fall behind. Quickly regaining speed, the lady was able to near the van and jump on it. She clung to the back of the vehicle, glaring at animals with a scowl through the back window. Phill, at the sight of determined woman, screamed in a high pitched voice.

"We need more power!" Skipper thought out loud, as he jumped out of his seat. He pressed a button that was placed on the floor. "Time to fire up Kowalski's nucular reactor." Out of nowhere a strange green machine rose from the floor. "That's a nuclear reactor?!" Gloria screamed.

"Nucular." Skipper corrected, raising a brow.

Before anything else could have been said, Melman shouted, "She's on the roof!"

"But, sir, it's not ready." Kowalski explained, while Skipper looked up just in time to see the officer open the hatch at the top of the van. "The control rods will have to be calibrated." The woman glared at them.

"And don't even ask me about the Uranium-238 blanket!" Kowalski finished in distress.

"Okay." Skipper agreed slightly carelessly, before pushing the botton to turn the reactor on, not breaking eye contact with Kowalski.

The machine suddenly lit up with a bright green light and the van sped off at an incredibly high speed.

Inside, the animals clung to what they got under their paws, yelling in fright on top of their lungs. Once they adjusted to the speed their screaming died down.

Eventually, DuBois lost her grip on the vehicle and slipped off.

"Okay, (Y/N)! We lost her!" Alex shouted over whistling wind that was blowing in his face, "Maybe you could slow down now?!"

"I wish I could! There's no breaks!" She yelled back, slamming her paw repeatedly at the pedal.

"No brakes?" Skipper shouted, turning his attention to Kowalski, who only gave a shrug with a smile. Skipper smiled knowingly before answering, "Well, way to commit, soldier."

The van continued forward at great speed. Everyone inside yet again screamed in fright, while only Mort laughed in delight in the front. Driving on an unrepaired road, they crashed into signs guard and continued forward at full speed. After flying off the roof on which the road went, the van began to fly over several smaller buildings. During the flight, all the animals screamed in fear for their lives, clinging to something to stay in place.

Their flight came to an end when the van crashed into a large sign that read 'Hotel Ambassador' on the roof of the last building. Having scrolled once, the vehicle stopped at the very edge, with its half hanging over the abyss.

The screaming stopped as everyone refused to move a muscle. They all were shivering in fear as their eyes scanned a view bellow. The animals were frozen, trying to keep the balance as much as they could. Alex and (Y/N) slowly turned to each other, thinking the same thing. "Let's get out of here!" Alex yelled. (Y/N) quickly grabbed Mort from the front before Alex could start hurriedly crawling out, and then proceeded to do the same with Maurice to help the little animals get out faster.

Once everyone was outside of the van and standing safely on the roof, they turned around and slightly paled.

As the van began to slowly slide off the edge of the roof, Julien came to his senses and asked in confusion, "Hey, where's everybody going?" A dry laugh escaped him, which soon turned into a scream. Before the lemur could get onto the safety of the green roof, the van fell off.

The animals rushed forward, only to stop, knowing they were too late. Expressions full of shock and sadness appeared on their muzzles (except for Maurice, who started grinning slightly). Tense silence filled the air.

Suddenly, the sound of a propeller filled the air, which made the animals' ears twitch. They looked towards the last place King Julien had been seen in, not understand what's happening. Suddenly, Julien's figure rose from the air, "I'm flying!" he shouted in delight, waving his arms rhythmically, "I'm flying! I'm the first flying monkey!" Then, a van came into sight of the animals, and then the plane itself. Animals cheered.

"Oh yay!" Mort said in happiness, while Maurice's smile dropped.

"That's our ticket outta here!" Marty exclaimed.

"Yeah, baby!" Melman voiced his agreement, hugging gloria with one hoof.

But then there was another sound that made everyone turn around. The sound was like a motor, and it got louder with each passing second. Suddenly, the door on the roof of another building was knocked out as the same red-haired woman on a moped rode onto the roof. Her eyes burned with determination as a deep scowl was plastered to her face. A small curb at the edge of the roof created a small springboard that allowed the woman to jump.

Everything seemed to go in a slow motion.

The animals silently watched what was happening as the woman flew in a jump. It was obvious that she would not reach. But the fact that she didn't do anything about it made (Y/N) worried about their safety, giving her no peace. Everyone looked at the officer with their mouths slightly open from misunderstanding, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, the woman stood on the seat of the moped and, waved her arms and jumped. At the same moment, it became clear that she would be able to land on the roof of the hotel, where the animals were. Everyone backed away. Panicking a little, Alex commanded, "Everybody! On the monkey chain!"

The woman, having made a somersault upon landing, got to her feet, taking out a choker leash from behind. She started running towards them.

"Deploy a banana gun!" Skipper ordered. At the sight of the 'weapon' aimed at her, the woman stopped. Bananas with the speed of bullets began to fly directly at her. But she was not taken aback and began to fight back with the leash.

"Grab the little guys! Toss' em up!" Alex shouted. (Y/N) grabbed the remaining lemurs and threw them up with as much strength as she could. At the same time the penguins grabbed Melman's snout as he tossed them towards the plane. Alex did the same with the disguised chimps. "Let's go! Go, go, go! Go!"

Without wasting a second, (Y/N) herself jumped up to help the little guys get to safety faster. The lemurs reached the plane faster than (Y/N), leaving her on a monkey chain. She looked below her, to see her friends getting up. But suddenly the banana gun broke. It immediately caught the (A/S)'s attention and forced (Y/N) to look towards the redhead, as nothing was stopping her right now. The only one left on the roof was Melman.

With a slight tremble in her voice, she shouted. "Guys, faster!" Concern was evident in her shout, as she watched the scene below her.

Hearing his friend's desperate scream, Alex encouraged the giraffe. "C'mon, Melman!" the lion outstretched his paw for Mepman to grasp on to.

Melman leapt, his hoof securely caught by Alex. "Woo! Yeah!" Melman said in victory. But, unfortunately, it was short lived as DuBois ensnared the giraffe with her leash.

"Melman!" Gloria screamed, frightened.

(Y/N) gasped, "Oh no!"

Thanks to Alex's quick reaction, he was able to dive down just in time to catch Melman by his hoof. The chimp, that caught Alex's foot, let out a monkey-like scream. The force of the plane dragged DuBois to the edge of the roof, where her high heels got stuck in the concrete, preventing the plane to fly away.

"Put your backs into it! Double banana overtime!" (Y/N) heard Skipper from above, before she saw him jump inside the plane, from where he watched what was happening.

The next thing she knew, was that the plane began to fly over the city. DuBois still had the leash around Melman's neck, refusing to let go. Wind whistled in her ears, as her (E/C) eyes watched her friends with worry. Suddenly, the plane started zigzagging. But the woman still had her grip.

One of the buildings caught Alex's eyes and an idea formed in his head. He was able to swing Melman, along with the redhead, towards the upcoming building.

From where (Y/N) was she couldn't see what was happening exactly, but seeing the woman crash into the building calmed her rapidly beating heart. But her eyes widened in surprise at the sight after a few seconds.

DuBois somehow managed to get through the building before catching the leash again.

"This lady's really starting to freak me out." Julien stated from inside the plane, where him and two other worried lemurs were. He then stepped behind the smallest lemur. "Fix it, Mort." And with that he kicked Mort off the plane. He started rolling down the chain, letting out sounds of pain as he did. Then he landed right on DuBois's face, which in turn made her slip down a bit. Mort started crawling through her clothes and slowed her down. (Y/N) saw Alex hand Melman's hoof to the chimp, before he slid down the giraffe's neck. "Alex! Be careful! She's crazy!" Marty yelled. Gloria and (Y/N) watched the scene unfold with widely opened eyes.

"Ya think, Marty?" Alex shouted back. Alex positioned himself near Melman's head, just as Mort jumped towards him. Unsheathing his claw, Alex placed it on the leash, ready to cut it off. DuBois widened her blue eyes at the lion.

After a moment, Alex cut the leash, sending the redhead falling towards the pool on the roof of one of the buildings, creating a big and loud splash.

"That's right!" Alex smiled, "Home free, baby!"

"I can breathe!" Melman pointed out happily, as they flew off.

"Au revoir, DuBois!" Alex shouted, happy that the woman was left behind.

(Y/N), who only now noticed that she's been holding her breath, sighed in relief. A smile formed on her face as she released a short chuckle, calming down from all the fears and worries. "Hope we never see you again, Señorita loca!" She shouted happily, as her and the zoosters got inside the plane. "¡Oh Dios mio! Do you guys always have that kind of things going on or am I just lucky?" she joked.

"Maybe both!" Marty said, bumping her arm with his shoulder. "Boy, are we glad you joined us!"

"Yeah!" Alex joined in, as he placed his large paw on her shoulder, "We're a family now. We stick together!"

(Y/N) just laughed joyfully, looking fondly on all her new friends. Her new family. . . They shared a group hug, holding each other close, as they enjoyed the calm moment.

Their adventure was far from over, but it didn't matter. They were together, and that was the main thing. They were all together. They were a family. . .

Vocabulary:

Spanish.

• Señorita loca - Crazy lady.
• ¡Oh Dios mio! - Oh my God!

French.

• Au revoir - Goodbye.

An important A/N:

I am very sorry for the late update. The Internet has been letting me down a lot lately, which is why I can't publish finished chapters on time. It's nice knowing that someone enjoys reading this book.

Nott to mention what's going on at school, and with this coronavirus. . .

In short, it burdens me morally. I hope that you take care of your health and don't get sick. All in all, have a nice day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 316 13
Join five zoo animals - Alex the lion, Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe, Gloria the hippo, and Ayana the Leopard - who have spent their whole live...
21.9K 288 9
This is a story where 5 animals Alex (the Lion) Marty (the Zebra) Gloria (the Hippo) Melman (the Giraffe) And a new character Lexis (the lioness) who...
8.4K 57 11
This is a story about five animal friends. Alex the lion, Marty the zebra, Gloria the hippo, Melman the giraffe and Samantha the human sized fox. The...
45.5K 843 13
With seasons changing and migration instincts kicking in, all the mammals are heading off towards the south. A young saber, Hazel, was no exception...