Chasing More Than A Trophy (R...

By ourchaeyoung

Arsenal youngster Y/N finds himself being pushed out on an unexpected loan move. Next thing he knows he finds... More

Getting a loan
Lunchtime
Finally Debuting
The First of Many
First Day on The Job
Not an Update
First Date
9 - Trouble Brews at Home
10 - Sleepover
11 - Beach Day
12 - Days Before Gangnam
Update but not the story
13 - Flowers in Gangnam
Another Random Update
Seeing Twice
14 - Messes will be Messi
Twice in LA
15 - New Beginnings
0.5: Sana's Destiny

Welcome to Seoul

2.4K 83 16
By ourchaeyoung

Welcome back, a quick thank you to everyone who read the last chapter and with that, lets get to the next chapter.

Just a little tid bit of information, in this story Twice is separated into groups of 4 and 5 living in two apartments right next to each other. The groups are Mina, Jihyo, Sana, and Jeongyeon and Momo, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Dahyun and Nayeon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, isn't Chaeyoung supposed to be landing soon?" Mina suddenly asked, not even looking away from the TV

"Huh? What time is it?" Jihyo asked, looking at her watch. It was currently 9:00 AM. "When does she land?"

"Chaeyoung? Around 10 right?" Jeongyeon says as she steps out of the shower, still drying her hair.

"Oh... OH!" Jihyo exclaimed, immediately jumping up grabbing her phone, purse, and shoes as she runs out the door.

"She's gonna be late." Jeongyeon sighed while she took a seat on the couch. "Any transfer news?"

"It looks pretty certain that we're signing some kid from Arsenal." Mina replied, eyes still glued to the TV, hugging her plushie

"Anything else about this 'kid'?" Jeongyeon questioned, she was thinking that it could be a 17 year old that they could hopefully sign permanently

"Um, I'm pretty sure he plays in the midfield, it says that we're giving him the number 7, which is..." Mina just kinda shrugged, to her it could be good it could be bad. You relatively unknown outside of Arsenal fans so there wasn't too much to expect.

"Number 7 in the midfield? Well that's interesting, do you know what kind of a player he is, like is he more De Bruyne or Kante?" Jeongyeon asked, she was silently hoping that you would be more of an attacking player since that's the type of football she enjoys.

"Based off the, like three YouTube compilations I would say it's like Iniesta or Pogba?" Mina answered as best she could since she wasn't really an Arsenal fan so she never saw (Y/N) play.

Just before Jeongyeon could reply Sana bolted in through the front door and assaulted the two of them with hugs and kisses, she was spending some time with Momo and boo so Jihyo couldn't be too far behind.

"Sana! We have to go, we're gonna be late!" Jihyo yelled appearing in the doorway.

"I'm on my wa- oh who is he?" Sana stopped midsentence and her eyes were locked on the screen.

"That's (F/N) (L/N), he's rumored to be singing with FC Seoul on loan." Mina answered

"Oh I know somewhere else he could go on lo-"

"Sana lets go!" Jihyo cut Sana off  by physically pulling her away, leaving Jeongyeon and Mina to laugh at their friend.

"So you're telling me that you almost convinced Dahyun to get a tattoo with you?" You said in complete disbelief. 

"Yeah, but then Jihyo caught us and the whole plan was put to rest." Chaeyoung let out in a muffled laugh.

The two of you had gotten along surprisingly well, obviously after that initial awkwardness but that was to be expected given the weird circumstances you met under. You obviously had to explain that you weren't a creep or anything, it took some time but eventually the two of you warmed up to each other considering it would be a 11 hour flight.

Chaeyoung's agent just quietly sat, doing their work, occasionally glancing at the two of you getting along maybe too well. But they weren't too concerned considering the likelihood of you two being in contact was virtually zero.

"Hey, sooo (Y/N) what are you doing flying a private jet into Seoul with someone dressed like that?" Chaeyoung asked, pointing to your agent.

You knew this question would eventually spring up, but you didn't really plan on how to tackle it. You look towards your agent hoping they could help you out but you remembered that he doesn't speak Korean.

"Hey (A/N), can I tell them why I'm coming to Korea?" You said to your agent in English hoping nobody else could understand. Chaeyoung could only stare at you confused only being able to pick up certain words like 'Korea' and 'Why'.

"Nope, the transfer isn't confirmed yet and you still have your medical to do later on."
 Your agent replied without looking up from his laptop.

"Ah, so I'm just coming here for some... marketing business." You said, lying through your teeth.

Chaeyoung just kinda looked at you, obviously she doubted your answer. There was no way this jet and that man in the seat all boiled down to a 'marketing business'. She thought that you were probably some social media influencer and was too embarrassed to admit it, based on the way you spoke it seemed like you would be comfortable and confident around a crowd.

Chaeyoung was about to say something about it to you when there was a ping over the intercom.

"We are approaching the runway, please buckle up." The pilot repeated in Korean, and English.

Chaeyoung decided to drop the question, she assumed you wouldn't give her a straight answer and she could always look your name up later.

The landing was a bit bumpy but nothing too extreme, you and your agent start grabbing your bags and exiting your plane as you feel a hand on your shoulder. Turning around you see Chaeyoung's manager, he brings you closer and whispers something in your ear.

"Oh yeah we can do that, no problem." You gave them the 'OK' with your fingers before whispering it over to your manager who just shrugged at the idea.

Stepping into the airport from the runway you were welcomed with a swarm of flashing lights and Korean reporters in every direction. This happened for about no more than 30 seconds before they realized that you weren't who they were looking for, eventually all deciding to head to another gate thinking they had the wrong one.

"Okay, it's all clear." You say once the last of the reporters have left. 

Chaeyoung and her manager finally appear out of the doorway, looking much more relieved now that they could walk out of the airport without cameras everywhere.

"You don't understand how much this means to us, (Y/N)" The two of them bowed. "If there's anything we can do just please let us know." The manager adds.

"Ah I know! How about we invite him to hangout with us for a day?" Chaeyoung chimes up.

"Well I'm not too sure that would be possi-"

"Oh don't be like that, it'll be fine." Chaeyoung cut her manager off with a pat on the back. "Here's my number, just shoot me a text and we can set everything up." 

Chaeyoung handed you a card that had her name and number before picking her bags up and starting to walk away.

"Wait, do you just carry cards with your name on them all the time?" You questioned.

"Bye (Y/N)!" Chaeyoung turned back and waved.

You just turned back around and started walking away as your agent followed, you were scheduled to meet up with a representative from FC Seoul that would bring you to the training facility to complete your medical so the loan could finalize.

After clearing customs the two of you walk out to see someone dressed in a black suit holding a sign that read "(L/N) (F/N)" walking up to him you exchange pleasantries before he leads you towards his car.

"So tell me (Y/N), how is your Korean?" The rep asked you in broken English.

"Ah it's not bad." You in Korean, amused by their surprised face

"Oh wow! Where did you learn Korean like that?" He asked "You sound like a natural."

"Ah, thank you." You gave a slight bow back "My parents taught me, they're Korean and Chinese."

The club rep only nodded as he continued to lead you and your agent towards a sleek black Mercedes Benz. A little higher class than the 2014 Audi you have back in England.

As the three of you headed out of the airport you were once again bombarded with a flood of flashing camera lights, only this time they were actually there for you. You weren't sure if that made you feel better or worse but at least you had some media buzz.

You just smiled and nodded in every direction as you tried to push your way through the onslaught of reporters, you and your agent declined the option for security considering you were just some 21 year old noname coming in on loan, who would've thought you'd get so much attention.

"(Y/N) how does it feel to sign with FC Seoul?"

"Ah it's really a grea-" You tried to reply to a question before getting cut off by another reporter

"Why did you choose Seoul over the approach from New York?"

"It's not that, I just-"

"Will you want to stay here after your loan?"

Before you had the chance to even open your mouth you agent pushed you into the back of the car and locked the door. He gave you the 'Don't make any of our lives harder by answer a stupid question with a stupid answer' stare, to which you only gave a nod and didn't say anything.

"So did you get her number?" Your agent asks with a smirk on his face.

"It's not like that, they just wanted to show some appreciation for helping them out." You tried to explain but you knew your agent had ideas of his own

"Well just make sure you don't get too tied down, your endgame is still playing for Arsenal right?" 

"Of course! That's my dream and I'll do anything to get there." You snapped back, full of passion.

"Oh, one more thing." Your agent spoke up. "No kids, your far too young for that and she looked to be too young for them too."

"Oh, you really got jokes today don't you?" You gave your agent a good shove and tried to laugh it off. 

'Like that would ever happen' You thought to yourself.

Not too long after that you found yourself finishing up the medical examination, dressing yourself after the physical you meet with the head physician of the team who happily welcomes you to the team saying you've passed the medical with flying colors.

"Now lets go meet your new manager" Your agent says, pushing you out the door.

A short but nerve-wracking walk down the hall later, you're now sat in front of a door that read "Park Jin Sub". You raise your shaking hand and give the door three sturdy knocks. The door opens not long after to reveal a smiling man looking back at you.

"(Y/N) I presume?" The man who you assume to be your new manager is.

"Ah yes, nice to meet you Manager Park." You say, giving a bow.

"Ah no need to be so formal, you can call me coach or manager or whatever you prefer really." He says back offering you a hand. "But welcome to the team, we are very excited to have you with us."

"I'm glad to be here, I'm hoping to win some trophies too." you say back, taking his hand.

"That's what I like to hear, listen I have some work to get back to but our press conference is tomorrow morning, feel free to get into some light training today but focus on finishing all the promotional work." Jin Sub said before heading back into his office.

After that meeting you continued working with the social media team to finish taking more pictures from more angles than you could ever imagine. There was make up teams, wardrobe teams and even scripts that you had to read off. You were not expecting this level of production for a simple loan move but you were thoroughly caught off guard.

You plopped down onto your designated locker room spot letting out a deep breath, you had never been so exhausted by something other than football. 

"Listen, I'm going to go ahead and get your apartment ready. I'll give you a call when it's ready." Your agent says before heading out of the locker room.

"Hey (Y/N)" You hear a voice call out, looking up you notice it's one of the coaches motioning you over.

"Yes, nice to meet you." You said, as you walked up to him.

"Yes , nice to meet you too, but what are you doing here?" He asked after shaking your hand.

"Huh? Am I not allowed to be here?" You look around confused, maybe you entered the wrong area since it was your first time.

"No, I meant what are you doing in here. We're training right now, get your butt out there." He said before dragging you out onto the training pitch.

You found yourself doing mostly solo work for the coaches and manager to see where you stood in terms of skills and fitness. You spent a good bit of time figuring out how your manager wanted you to play, a lot of quick one touch football and always either making the run or spotting the run. It's not like this was a new style of playing for you but it was quite different from what you were playing at Arsenal.

Arsenal had a more possession based game with a lot of back passing and crossing (I swear idk why we play like this we clearly don't have the players for it). But now you were tasked with playing it through the middle more and finding the gaps in the defense.

Towards the end of the training session you were asked to join with the first team in their ending scrimmage, it was a great chance for you to meet not only your teammates but you would get the chance to see how you needed to play in the system.

At first you were taking it easy since you wanted to test our how they played. Currently your were being played as the box to box on the right of a 4-3-3, you received the ball taking a few extra touches before dishing it out to the RW. Just as you passed it out you see a player on the opposite team come sliding in, completely miss the ball and taking you out in the process.

You drop to the floor clutching your shin, while your teammate rushes to your side you hear a lot of arguing and some shoves were exchanged, all the while you slowly sit up and rub your shin. Some teammates help you to your feet before asking if you can carry on, you say you're all good and the game commences.

After resettling you find a pass out to the right back who drives into the box before attempting get a cross in for the strikers. You lie in wait on the edge of the box hoping to either stop the counter or recover the ball, surprisingly neither of those things happen as the cross gets block by a defender, deflecting perfectly and landing at your feet.

'Oh what's the worst that could happen.' You think to yourself before unleashing what can only be described as an absolute screamer.

Your teammates could only watch in disbelief as you just casually jogged back to your position, thinking that you should take more shots in games.

"Did this kid really do that to us?" The opposing center backs said to each other as their keeper picked the ball out of the back of his net.

"Hey, at least he's technically on out team." The goalkeeper chimed in.

After the goal the match continued without anything significant really happening, You developed a better idea of how the league would play, you got a sense of how capable your team was. As bad as it sounded you expected there to be some difference between the Premier league and the K-League.

You inevitably got more comfortable around the team and started to play riskier balls and make harder tackles, still being safe of course, you wanted to show everyone that you were not someone to push around. 

Right at the end of the game the opposing team got a fast counterattack, they broke down the left flank as your defenders struggled to run back in time. Pulling out your second wind you ran with all your might straight down the middle of the pitch.

The opposing player made it into the box and cut across to their right foot before unleashing a curved shot toward the far corner.  As a last ditch effort, you slide in to attempt the block it, only to feel it deflect off your shins.

You feel relieved that you were able to block the shot until you looked to the ball went and found it in the back of your net. The ball had perfectly bounced off your shin into the upper corner of the net. You flopped onto the floor in defeat the the coaches signaled the end of the game.

Your teammates came to help you up and to introduce themselves again, complementing you on your passes and the goal. You gave your thanks before walking into the training center where you had to begin your ice baths.

You always hated this part of training, no matter how many times you did it the bath always seemed like jumping into the arctic. Taking a deep breath you count down from three before jumping into a bath tub full of ice.

As you sat in the tub freezing your... well freezing everything off, you hear someone call your name from behind. Turning around you saw the defender who took you out earlier in the game, his name was Kim Wonsik if you remembered correctly.

"I just wanted to apologize for the tackle earlier, I hope you're feeling already." Wonsik said, holding out a hand.

"Ah, no problem. It's how the game is." You replied taking his hand, it felt so nice and warm.

You two make a quick reconcile before he moved on to his cooldown routine leaving you to suffer in silence. You try to distract yourself by thinking of the nice warm shower you can take after this or maybe even the new apartment you were getting. You stare idly at the door waiting for your chance to bolt out of here, that's when you see your manager appear. 

"Hey, (Y/N) come here real quick." Your manager called you over "Here are you kits for tomorrow's press conference and feel free to invite some people if you know anyone in town, maybe about 3-4?" 

(I think these are last years kits but you get the idea)

"Oh, yeah I'll let you know as soon as I find out." You answer wiping the water off your body.

"No need for that, just show up with them." Your manager left with a pat on your back, waving you goodbye.

You let out a sign before walking back to your locker, thinking of who you could fly in. Your agent was here but it's not like you could realistically fly anyone else out to Korea in time, besides, most of the friends you made were at Arsenal or other clubs so it would be unrealistic to get them here in the middle of the week.

If only you knew some Koreans and had their numbers who would be flexible enough to make a last minute event... well then again... you did have the number of one certain Korean that you got early today. It was worth a shot right? 

You start to pack your things before texting your agent asking them to pick you up, as you waited you pulled out Chaeyoung's 'calling card' and entered the number into your phone. 

"I'll give her a call later." You say to yourself before sitting by the entrance and waiting for your agent to arrive.

"Chaeyoung welcome back!" Dahyun cheered as the rest of Twice welcomed back their little rapper.

They were ending their week long break tomorrow and everyone else had already returned from their trips. Most of them went back to visit family while some just stayed in the dorm to enjoy the unusual silence.

But there was something about having all nine of them back together that made them feel special. They saw each other more than their actual families so the reliance on one another was immense, they told each other everything from what they had to eat to their new hobbies.

"So show us the tattoo." Tzuyu asked as soon as Chaeyoung walked through the door.

"Give me a second to at least take my shoes off Tzu." Chaeyoung laughed at how excited her friends were to see her new piece, not like they haven't seen one before.

"Here it is!" Chaeyoung said, rolling up her sleeve, to a mix of 'oohs' and 'ahhs'.

Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh, they always were this hyped whenever she got a new tattoo and she could never figure out why. Sure Chaeyoung would be excited for it but it didn't make sense why Jeongyeon should be bouncing off the walls over her 6th tattoo.

"Hey I got an idea." Nayeon chimed up. "How about we all go to dinner tonight to celebrate being together again, plus we can drink since we don't have any schedule tomorrow."

"Well it's only been a week but sure why not." Jihyo answered.

"If that's the plan then I'm going to go unpack and rest up." Chaeyoung said before returning to her room.

And that's exactly what she did, she unpacked, showered and then slept until dinner time. There was no way she wasn't Jetlagged from flying from Paris this morning. As time for dinner grew closer Chaeyoung was awoken by Sana running into the room and shaking her awake.

"Chaeyoung get up! It's time to get ready!" Sana yelled before quite literally dragging Chaeyoung out of bed.

"Okay, okay." Chaeyoung laughed as she walked over to the closet. "What to wear..." She thought to herself.

As the nine of them arrived to the restaurant they were welcomed by and completely private room with enough space for their managers to get their own table. It was a more upscale restaurant she had to admit but hey, they're Twice, who would tell them otherwise?

The dinner was nice and peaceful, no customers staring and taking picture, the staff weren't constantly walking by, and the food was just perfect, not too spicy, just how Chaeyoung liked it. The table was split into two a side that enjoyed spicy food and one that didn't just so everyone could get what they wanted.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung's phone rang. Looking at the caller id it was an unknown number, but it definitely didn't look Korean, picking it up she was welcomed with an oddly familiar voice.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung said.

"Hello? Is this Chaeyoung?" The man asked on the other line.

"Yes... who is this and how did you get my number?"

"You gave it to me? This is (Y/N)" You reply from the other line.

"Oh! (Y/N)!." Chaeyoung smiled, before instantly regretting it since she now had the attention of everyone in the room.

Realizing the situation she was in she quietly excused herself, walking outside to finish the conversation. It was no use though, they had already heard her say your name and now they were intrigued because that definitely wasn't a girl's name.

"Hey speaking of (Y/N), weren't we supposed to sign a player with that name?" Tzuyu asked turning to Jeongyeon and Mina.

"Hmm, now that you mention it we were. Do you think it's the same person?" Mina says looking towards Jeongyeon.

"It can't be right?" Jeongyeon says doubtfully.

"Ah sorry (Y/N) I was eating dinner with the members and I-" 

"Oh if you're busy now I can call you back later it's no big deal." You cut her off apologetically.

"It's no big deal, really." Chaeyoung said, subconsciously smiling at your voice. "What can I do for you? I didn't expect you to call so soon." 

"Ah yeah, I was just wondering if you were free tomorrow." You asked.

"Oh." Chaeyoung was taken aback by how straight forward you were. I mean sure you were cute but she didn't expect you to confess so suddenly and-

"Before you get any weird ideas, I have a press conference tomorrow and I was asked to bring four guest, and since I know literally nobody in Korea I thought I'd extent the invite." You quickly add to the sentence.

"Ah, of course." Chaeyoung said, bringing her hand to her cheek witch was unusually warm for not having ate any spicy food "Um, yeah sure I can make it and I'll bring some of my members. Just text me the details and we'll be there." 

"Perfect! See you tomorrow, sorry for disturbing your dinner again."

"See you tomorrow. Sleep tight okay?" Chaeyoung said, still holding her cheek

"You too Chae." You said before hanging up.

Chaeyoung stood there for a second after the call, hand on check and smile on her face. It was a pleasant surprise getting the call from you, she didn't expect to get a call from you actually, you seemed like a busy person.

As soon as she entered the private room again, almost all eyes immediately snapped to her.

"So who is (Y/N)?" Sana asked with a smirk.

"And is he cute?" Momo added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading the second chapter! Please bare with me and the possible grammar mistakes and slow updates.

Also why is it so hard to add gifs to wattpad? Could they really not add a bigger file size than 3 mbs? How am I supposed to fit everything into like 4 seconds?

Anyways I hope you guys understand football positions and formations if not let me know and I'll give a rundown next chapter on everything you would probably need to know for the series. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 876 28
"Ill come back for you, I promise" What happens when one of the best mercenaries in the world, meets a member of a girl group and falls inlove with h...
47.4K 1.8K 32
Y/N wasn't sure if she's straight or not after seeing her new classmate. How would she settle her way out while Y/N is attached to a guy?
6.2K 123 10
You are in a very wealthy family but your uncle from Korea asks you to come up to help him with his company and be his assistant. You meet some very...
177K 11.8K 61
*COMPLETED* Kang Y/N isn't the usual 21 year old university student that you would come across. She's quite the rebellious type and definitely likes...