Inglorious Bastards [Theodore...

By Y_Allen

This is the rewrite of my fanfic BLACK. It is a series and has a different ending! CARINA BLACK could not be... More

The Seven Prophecies
Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
PART II
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
PART IV
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
PART V
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
PART VI
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
PART VII
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Thank you!
SEQUEL

Chapter Eighty-Four

3.7K 145 120
By Y_Allen

Two days have passed since Theodore gave Carina's message to Roman, and giving him specific instructions to follow what was said in the parchment. And two days later, many of the members of the Ministry disappeared, most are those of the members of the Order. But casualties were not avoided, while trying to leave the Ministry, Edward Tonks was killed, but most of the members of the Order were able to leave before they were taken or killed. And for Theodore's second part of the plan, Roman was still trying to get Neville, Ginny, Seamus, and the rest to consider. But two days was already too long for Theodore, and he was getting inside the D.A. that night. Time was the enemy now, and he needed to get the message sent to his special correspondent as soon as he can.

"It's too risky, Roman." Neville said.

"He's a Death Eater! We can't trust him!" Another argued.

"I'm sorry, Rome, but we can't," Ginny said.

"I understand that you don't trust him," Roman said. "But he's my friend, and I trust him with my life – and I'm part of the D.A., and I thought the D.A. means doing something – look, I trust him – Morgan trusts him – and Carina trusts him!"

"Carina?! Roman, Carina is still not found since the wedding!" Ginny argued.

"He knows where Carina is, and Theodore has made a plan to get her out of Malfoy's Manor," Roman said.

"Malfoy's Manor?" Maisie spoke. "Carina is at Malfoy's Manor?!"

"Yes – but you have to listen to me – all that Theodore is doing is to help us, and to help Carina," Morgan said. "So, please, just –"

"We're sorry, but we can't trust him," Seamus said. "He's a Slytherin!"

"I'M A SLYTHERIN!" Roman roared. Angered that even after he has told them, after he has showed them that not all Slytherins are bad, they still thought so. 

"Rome, but you're different –" Dean said.

"HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?!"

"BUT HE'S A DEATH EATER!" Seamus argued.

"I have known Theodore long enough – seven years – to be exact – to trust him with my life. You may think that Slytherin is a bad House – a House of Death Eaters, Pureblood Fanatics, but i''s not... there are Slytherins that are good... I can't give you all the names, but all you should know is that I'm am one of those few – and so is Theodore."

"The House does not make Dark Witches and Wizards," Morgan spoke. "It's just Houses – Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin – they all have a fair share of dark witches and wizards."

"If he is, they why did he take the mark?" Zacharias Smith spoke.

Roman glared at him, "One more word from you, Smith, and I'm sticking my foot up your fucking –"

While they argued, Maisie saw a falcon fly down from where it was perched, and before it could touch the ground it transformed to Theodore Nott. He did not look pleased. Maisie grabbed Roman and made him turn to see. And it seems Theodore's presence as alerted everyone in the Room.

"Theodore!" Roman gasped.

"Nott!" Seamus was about to attack, but Theodore raised his hands in surrender.

"Theodore, I told you to wait outside," Roman said.

"The Carrows are roaming the halls, it's too risky," Theodore replied.

"But how did you get in here?!" Neville said.

"You really need to improve on your observations skills – I flew in the moment Roman entered the Room."

"Flew in?" Ginny asked, confused.

"Theodore's an Animagus," Roman said. "He joined me and Carina in the training."

"We're not here to discuss about Animagus training or Houses, we have more pressing matters to do," Theodore approached them, but before he could take a step closer, Dean and Seamus pointed their wands at him. Theodore sighed. "What is it that you need to trust me."

"I'm sorry, Rome," Seamus said. "But he's one of them, we can never trust him, not with that," he nodded at Theodore's arm.

Theodore's jaw clenched. He turned to his arm and saw his sleeve have rolled up. He pulled it down.

"I can't change the past, Finnigan," Theodore said. "It can't be removed – no magic can remove it – unless I cut off my arm."

"We know a spell how," Smith sneered.

Roman got out his wand and pointed it at Smith, "Too much, Smith."

"Capture him, and tie him up – we can't let him leave, now that he knows where we are," Seamus said.

"For your information, I've always known where you were," Theodore said.

Before any of them could attack Theodore, Maisie stood between them. She faced the D.A. with begging eyes as she protected Theodore behind her.

"Maisie," Ginny said.

"He knows where Carina is," Maisie said. "And I know that what Roman is saying is true... Carina trusts him... so I do as well..."

"But, Maisie," Dean said.

"HE HAS A PLAN – WHAT DO YOU HAVE?!" Maisie bellowed. "All we do here is hide – we wait and we hide! If Theodore says he can get carina out of Malfoy's Manor – if he says he can find a way to help us then shouldn't we take that chance?! Theodore is the best hope we have right now, and I'm willing to take the risk in trusting him." She turned to Theodore. "I just want to see my sister, please."

Theodore nodded, "And you will, I swear... To the River Styx... you will see her again."

Maisie tackled Theodore to an embrace, shocking everyone in the room – especially said boy. Hesitantly, Theodore placed his hand on Maisie's shoulder and patted her.

"I never got to thank you, personally, for saving me three years ago – at the World Cup," Maisie said.

"You don't have to thank me for anything, Maisie," Theodore said.

Silence came to the room. The sight of Maisie embracing Theodore somehow melted the coldness that they held towards Theodore. Neville turned to Roman, he saw Roman's gaze, asking if this was enough proof, and Neville nodded.

"I say we let him in," Neville said. "If Maisie trusts him, then I do as well."

"Neville," Smith said.

"Like Maisie said, we can't keep hiding forever – the fight would come soon, and we need all the help we can get."

After Maisie released Theodore, he turned to the D.A. to speak to them

"I know that you hate Slytherins because of people like Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, but like Roman said, not all Slytherins are like that," Theodore turned to Seamus and Dean. "And not all Death Eaters willingly took the Mark... some of us are just forced to... now, I'm not here to rat you out – I'm here to help – I see you have a radio here. You're trying to contact the Order."

"We already did," Seamus sneered.

"I know, because the message that Carina sent me got to the Order," Theodore pointed out. "Now, I have a message that I want you to send – and it's not for the Order."

He then took out a piece of parchment and handed it to Seamus. Seamus opened it. it was blank.

"Is this a joke!?" Seamus said.

"Ask Rome, he knows how to reveal the secrets... and I need you to send the exact thing to them – no shortcuts. I also placed how you're going to say it, and how many times."

"What line are we going to send it?" Nigel asked.

"I'll tune your radio for you – it's a bit complicated since I have to get you through the sound-wards," Theodore told the boy.

"Sound-wards?" Smith said, confused.

"What is this, anyway?" Dean asked.

"Best not to ask questions – if you know something, and they find out, we're all dead – since you're all here wait for anymore news from Argo, then only send the telegram in a random order. But not too consistent or someone will figure it out... Carina is not the only one who knows stars and moons... And Rome, have Morgan shift to you."

Roman's eyes widened, "Are you mad? If they find out, they'll kill us!"

"He'll keep you out of trouble," Theodore scolded him. "Any more detention and you'll be at the Janus Thickery Ward by the end of the year, you understand?"

Roman nodded, "And where do you want me to go? You can't expect me to stay here."

"The Forest. There's a reason why Dumbledore let Hagrid taught us about wargs last year. And there's a reason why he left you that message: trust begins when one takes the risk... and who do you think took the risk in trusting Dumbledore for their safety?"

"Wargs," Roman answered. He couldn't believe it. All this time, Dumbledore has given him something to help with the war and he didn't know, and Theodore managed to figure it out by... well... being Theodore. "So, Dumbledore wants me to –"

"Don't, we don't need to know, as long as you do. That's enough," Theodore stopped him from saying more. "Another thing. When passing messages, make it as vague as possible – gossip is still a thing, even here. If possible, don't even talk about what happens here."

"Then how would we know about what's happening?" Smith spoke.

"That's three, Smith," Theodore glared at him. "Three questions I appeared – use your bloody brain, it'll rot if you don't."

Smith glared at Theodore, but Seamus, Dean, Roman, and a few others snickered.

"Weasley, Longbottom, have someone waiting for more of Argo's news, I've already instructed her how she would give her message, and all you have to do is send it the way she says it," Theodore took out Roman's compass from his pocket and tossed it at Roman's way.

Roman did not look pleased that Theodore has it without him knowing.

"Next time, try to be vigilant, you have no idea how easy it was for me to get that from your pocket," Theodore told him.

"Bloody thief," Roman muttered and tossed the compass at Ginny's way.

"How do we get Carina out of Malfoy's Manor?" Maisie asked.

"I already have a plan, don't worry," Theodore told her.

"I want to help."

"You can by staying here – help Carina with giving the message to the Order," Theodore sighed. "It's too dangerous if I bring you in it, but I promise you that I will get her out, no matter what happens."

"And you too," Maisie said.

Theodore did not respond. He turned to the D.A..

"I suggest that the others would start coming back to classes before the Carrows would start a man-hunt, and unlike Potter, you guys don't have much place than here... just blend in the crowd, don't do anything stupid," Theodore told them.

"You make it sound like we do," Seamus said.

Theodore ignored Seamus and asked Nigel for the radio. The D.A. made a path for Theodore to pass. He was followed by Roman, Morgan, Maisie, Neville, Ginny, and Seamus. As Theodore found a station, he instructed Nigel how many times to turn the nobs and the direction of the antenna, and then he cast a spell. It was an incantation they have never heard of.

"There," Theodore said.

"What's at the other line?" Smith asked.

"Four," Theodore glared at Smith. "I already told you, I can't tell you, or you'll get us killed."

"But it's not illegal, right?" one of the D.A. members asked.

"That's coming a lot from a group of people who made a secret organization that is against the Ministry – beside, this is war – ethics and morality are thrown out of the bloody window," Theodore said. "I have to leave, Snape is keeping an eye on me."

"Why?" Smith asked.

"Five!" Theodore turned to Roman. "I'm counting on you to do that job."

"Don't worry about it," Roman took out his hand to Theodore. He and Theodore clasped each other's arm and shook firmly. "Don't die."

"I should be telling you that, you're the one going to the Forest," Theodore smirked.

"Aye, but you're the one trying to outsmart the Dark Lord."

"What's life without a little risk," Theodore quoted Sirius Black. "Now, I'm sure you can figure out how to get to the Forest?"

"I can – we'll figure something out."

"Good."

Theodore transformed to a falcon and then flew out of the room through the door. Once he was gone, Ginny spoke,

"I can't believe I'm taking orders from Theodore Nott."

"Well, there's the first in everything," Morgan said.

"He did more than give us orders – he treated us like his footmen – telling us what to do," Seamus muttered.

"Got a better plan, Finnigan?" Roman said. "Now, I need your help to get to the Forest."

"How? We can't just get you out of the castle," Dean said.

"I can run faster when I'm a wolf."

"Yes, because you have the element of surprise, now, Rome," Ginny said. "Don't think we don't know what you did at the Slytherin common room – how stupid can you be revealing your Animagus form."

"I was angry okay?!" Roman said. "Seamus – I come afternoon tomorrow – I need a big explosion on the path to the Forest."

"We'll get caught!" Someone said.

"Not unless we have an alibi," Roman said.

"I can transform into Seamus and have him go to class," Morgan said.

"What about you?" Ginny asked.

"Madam Pomfrey is willing to let me stay in the Hospital Wing at that time," Morgan shrugged. "I do believe Smith is just the same height as me."

"Don't ever compare yourself to Smith, you're ten times more gorgeous than him," Roman told Morgan.

Smith rolled his eyes then retreated to his hammock. Having enough of their mocking.

"When do you want to do it?" Seamus asked.

"How does Defense Against the Dark Arts time tomorrow sound?"

"Good."

~*~

Come the following day, during Defense Against the Dark Arts with the seventh-years, a loud explosion was heard outside the castle. The Carrows, and other Death Eaters went to see what it was, but the moment they got there, all that was left was smoke and the rubble, covering the pawprints of the wolf. Before they got back to their class, Seamus managed to get back, and Morgan transformed to Roman.

Neither of the Carrows noticed the change of students, nor did the other Professors. But Snape did as he saw a flash of auburn fur enter the forest.

~*~

Two weeks later, the plan that Theodore told the D.A. was kept going. The messages that Carina gives them were sent to the Potterwatch, saving many other members of the Order and other possible targets. Nigel would send the message that Theodore entrusted him to do every midnight, noon, and morning – just as it was said in the instructions. No news was heard from Roman since he went to the Forest, and all Theodore could do was hope that he was alright. And while everything was going according to plan, Theodore went to deal with his part in it.

Theodore stood waiting in the Potions classroom one evening. A week ago, he had Slughorn create the concoction that he will need to get Carina out of Malfoy's Manor. Slughorn was willing enough to help, but Theodore was sure the reason why the man did so was because the Potions Master was afraid of him. Who wouldn't be afraid of a young man trying to outsmart the most powerful and dangerous wizard there was.

"Is it done?" Theodore asked.

"Yes, Mr. Nott," Slughorn nodded. Slughorn placed the chest of Polyjuice Potion on the table before Theodore then held out a small vial of purple liquid inside.

Purple, Carina loved the color purple, Theodore thought.

"I don't quite understand why you need such thing."

"You don't have to," Theodore said. "The concoction, how does it work?"

"Ah... yes, this concoction could give the drinker five hours of temporary death – it's very essential that they only take one drop," Slughorn said.

"One drop," Theodore muttered as he took the vial.

"A tear drop to be precise."

"And if it's more than a drop?"

"Then there is a possibility of death," Slughorn said with shock. "The concoction is strong and very dangerous – temporary death! More than one drop then you will be dead! But, there is an antidote – I made sure to make one as well – just in case such mistakes are made."

"Thank you, Professor," Theodore said as he pocketed the vials. He then got out his wand and pointed it at Slughorn.

"Mr. Nott!" Slughorn panicked.

"I'm sorry, Professor, but you can't remember anything about this or they will kill you," Theodore said.

"I won't tell them..."

"I'm sorry, it's only for precaution...."

With a spell, Theodore replaced the memory of Slughorn of ever meeting with him, of ever brewing the potions, of their exchange – everything, leaving a false memory of him threatening the Professor about the man's loyalty to the Dark Lord. After the spell, Theodore took his potions and left the dungeons and proceeded to the dark corners of the castle where he was going to the D.A. room.

"Nott!"

Theodore froze. He turned to face the Headmaster. He tried to stay calm the whole time, not wanting to give out his plan.

"What are you doing here after curfew?" Snape asked.

"Couldn't sleep, thought I'd get a walk to tire myself," Theodore said. Casually. "Is it against the rules too?"

"Out of bed after curfew has always been an offence. Just because you have found a place in the Dark Lord's circle does not give you such privileges."

"I didn't expect to, Professor."

"Get back to your dorms, and make sure to take Alston with you."

"He's probably in detention," Theodore shrugged. His hands tucked in his trousers pockets.

Snape glared at Theodore. He knew that there was something going on, but just what was it? He could try forcing himself to Theodore's mind, but the boy was an excellent Occlumence, just like Malfoy.

"Have you forgotten what I told you, Nott?" Snape began. "The Dark Lord has taken a liking to you because of your talent and intellect, but that same talent and intellect will be your downfall."

"I never forget," Theodore said.

"Get back to your dorm.

"Of course, Professor."

~*~

It took Roman three days to track down the wargs in the Forest, and after three days of running, climbing mountains, he finally found them. The wargs were creatures that has the ability to shed their fur and be human, but nonetheless, they were still magical beasts. When he came to the warg's den, he was attacked by many of them – they were mostly wolves. And only stopped when Roman managed keep standing after many bites and scratches. He could understand their movements because of his Animagus form. They were deliberating on whether not to kill him.

But their argument was stopped when the warg Hati came and recognized him. Hati was the warg that Hagrid brought for the lesson back when they were in sixth year. He did not transform to his human form then, so when he did, Roman was at awe at how tall he was, and how his fur only hung on his shoulders.

"Stand, Animagus," Hati spoke.

Roman did what he was told and fell out of his Animagus form, and stood on his feet. He barely reached Hati's eye-level!

"I remember you," Hati said. "I guess that explains how you understood me then... you're an Animagus... so, what brings you here?"

"Dumbledore sent me," Roman answered. "He asked me to talk to you... he wants me to convince you to fight alongside the Order."

"Dumbledore's dead – we no longer have his protection – we have been hiding from those dark witches and wizards since they came – why should we fight with you when we no longer have what is promised to us?"

"If we defeat them then you will – a new Headmaster would keep Dumbledore's promise –"

"That is not reassurance," one spoke.

"But –"

"Say we fight with you – our enemy is powerful – there is a chance that we would lose – Hati, we have more chance of survival with the others –"

"Then why didn't you take their offer before?" Roman spoke. "I believe, Voldemort went to see the other warg tribes, others may have sided with him, then why didn't you?"

"Wargs are honorable beasts – we had a vow to follow Dumbledore's command – but, again, Dumbledore's dead."

"You swore to help Dumbledore when he is in need, in return he would give you protection – and according to Hagrid, you gave one of your ancestor's fur as a sign of trust, which I believe in your culture, is a vow of perpetuity," Roman argued.

Silence came to the wargs.

"Dumbledore sent me here to ask you on his behalf to help us win this war. I understand that you will be fighting your kin, but if Voldemort wins, who knows what he would do..."

"We will fight with you," Hati said. "Only, if you defeat one of our strongest wargs."

Roman's eyes widened. Hati stepped away, showing a rather large wolf that he was sure was a lot bigger than him. Merlin, this is not how he thought diplomacy would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 111K 73
- UNEDITED The Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, Harry James Potter. When Harry discovered that Sirius Black was his legal guardian, his life was flippe...
157K 4.7K 24
A sudden appearance of someone long fogotten, changes the wizarding world. She will come when the wizarding world needs her most and change every est...
33.9K 952 82
The Regency Era in the Muggle World is not much different from the Magical World when it came to the busy time of what is called "The Social Season."...
2.3M 79.3K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...