Symbol Of Hope

By werewolf7745

Stiles was kicked out of the pack because they thought he was weak but really he is the strongest thing on th... More

Characters
Stiles gets the boot
Traveling
First Flight
Mystic Falls
Salvatore School
Well That Ruined Spider-Man
Tree Talkin
Realization
Coming back
The Sun God
The Last Son of Krypton
Red Rocks and Evil Slugs
Kara
Miss Mystic Falls
Talk With The Blonde
Self Control
Malivore
Part 2
Mid-Air Emergency
The Daily Planet
Siphon
The Blur
Arena
Distractions
Soulmate
Farm Boy
Obsession
Exes
Doctor Fate
Part 3
New Earth
Kryptonian Vs Kryptonian

Insanity

5.5K 161 14
By werewolf7745

Stiles POV

I'm walking in a long hallway, I felt a cold breeze hit my neck and a sound of laughter behind me, I turned around expecting to see someone but there was no one.

I turned back around and I let out a gasp surprised, I backed away from it but I then realized it was just a mirror I took a closer look at it and I realized how different I looked, I had bags under my eyes, my skin was pale, I looked like void.

The reflection smirked and suddenly the hand went straight through the glass shattering it, and it grabbed me by the throat, and suddenly we were flying.  My surroundings blurred passed me as I clawed at the hand holding my neck.

Suddenly we were in water and I continued to struggle, he finally let go and I inhaled water making me feel like I was drowning, I saw a woman in the water she was in a black dress with a veil.

"You know what you must do," The lady said in a demonic voice,"Bring it home son of El."

I struggled to swim to the surface but something grabbed my ankle pulling me lower and I looked down to see void Stiles smirking and continuing to pull me lower.

I looked at my fingers and started counting as I was pulled deeper into the dark depths of the water.

1

2

3

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

Eleven I have eleven fingers, I remembered what I did to get out of the nightmares, I yelled kicked and screamed.

I shot up out of bed screaming, and no sooner than I did the door was kicked down by Malia, and she was followed by several other students, all in their sleeping clothes, but they remained at the door frame.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Malia asked worry in her voice.

I was sweating a lot, I tried to calm my racing heart, but I kept repeating what had been happening in my dream.

The feeling of drowning , I've never felt that way before, the feeling that my lungs would burst.

I suddenly started coughing bad until I started throwing up, I stumbled out of bed as I continued to throw up.

I was on all fours and I just puked for three minutes.

When I finally stopped, I realized I had been throwing up water, gallons of it.

"What's going on here?" I heard Alaric say as he came into my room.

Malia slowly rubbed my back as I took in deep shuddering breaths.

"What the hell happened?" Alaric said.

Time skip

"I don't know what else to tell you," I told Alaric as I retold the dream for the third time, except for the son of El part.

"So did this woman say anything else that you remember," Alaric asked standing in front of me.

"She just said to 'bring it home'," I said lying smoothly.

Alaric sat down at his chair,"It's obviously another monster."

"No shit Sherlock," Malia mumbled not loud enough for him to hear.

Time skip

So Ric evacuated the little kids, and the students that stayed were consuming large amounts of coffee.  Unfortunately caffeine doesn't work on me, like alcohol, so I've basically been hitting myself repeatedly in the head.

Alaric announced that we're being haunted by a night hag, which is an evil nightmare spirit, so like a very frightening ghost, which doesn't really make sense because how can a ghost be thrown into Malivore.

I felt my eyes start to droop and I felt cold water splash against the back of my neck, I had a sharp intake in breath, from the cold water.

I looked up to see Malia holding an empty cup.

"What the hell Malia," I said, my patience thinning from my lack of sleep.

"You were about to fall asleep," Malia said acting innocent.

I scowled but left her there, needing to clear my head.

I stumbled upon the library where Landon was sitting looking through books.

"What happened to you?" He asked taking in my wet appearance.

"Malia has interesting ways of keeping me awake," I said sitting down across from him.

"Malia? Oh Malia is the new girl right?" Landon asked.

I nodded,"And a general pain in my ass."

"What is she again?" 

"Werecoyote."

"How many were-creatures are there?" Landon asked confused.

"So, far only four that I know of.  Wolf, coyote, jaguar, and lizard also known as Kanima," I answered.

"Interesting," Landon said distracted by what he was reading,"Take a look at this," He said and he put the book he was reading in front of me.

"'Oneiroi, shape shifting demons that invade the dreams of their victims, capable of harming them in the physical world while in their minds.  The Oneiroi can also cause insanity to their victims, capable of breaking the strongest minds,'" I said reading the passage on the book he gave me,"What's this about?" I asked.

"I don't think it's a night hag.  How can an intangible spirit take the urn," Landon told me, making sense.

"That's a great point," I said taking a look at the book with a new perspective,"We should take this to Dr. Saltzman."

Landon grabbed the  book and we went to the headmasters office.

"I think we made a mistake," Landon said,"Let's pretend for a second that the research isn't wrong. Maybe the Night Hag can't hurt us in real life. Maybe the Night Hag can't leave the astral plane and get a hold of the urn, so maybe we are not dealing with a Night Hag."

"Well, if it walks like a Night Hag, and talks like a Night Hag, what else could it be?" Alaric asked us.

"That's exactly what I was wondering, so then I started going through all these books, and boom," Landon said dramatically, placing the book on his desk.

"What's an Oneiroi?" Alaric asked.

"Shape shifting dream demon, that can invade your dreams and effect you in the real world," I said supporting Landon's claim.

"How do we kill one?" Dr. Saltzman asked.

"Grab and yank pulling it out of our dreams and back into the physical plane, very similar to Freddy Kruger," I answered.

So we came up with a plan Rafael, MG, Kaleb, Landon, and I would go to sleep, grab the demon and bring it into the physical world, Hopefully not dying in the process.

"All right good night kids," I told everyone and laid back on my cot closing my eyes, and drifting into the dreamworld.

I was walking in the woods and I approached the nemeton.

I turned and looked at the night hag and behind it was all the monsters I had ever faced.  Alpha werewolf, the Kanima, Darach, Nogitsune, beserkers, Theo, the beast, and a ghost rider.

I tried to keep myself calm, but I was failing miserably.

"Why don't you show your true face," I said my voice shaking.

The Hag took off her veil revealing her blue zombie face and she shrieked.

"I'm talking about your real face, bat boy," I said and the hag grabbed at it's skin and tore it in half showing the bat demon it was.

"That's gross," I said grimacing.

"You are to strong against Malivore son of El, you cannot be allowed to be in his way.  I am not only here for the key I have also come for you," The demon said it's voice deep.

"Uhh thanks for the offer but I'm good."

"You do not get a choice in the matter."

I felt something hit me and I saw the beast roar in my face and all the other monsters held me down and I kicked and Struggled.

The Oneiroi approached me and placed a clawed nail against my brow, and I screamed feeling something in my mind break.

Third POV

"Is everyone okay?" Hope asked, after she stabbed the demon in the eyes effectively killing it.

"Yeah, so far," Landon said, looking around.

"Stiles, you good?" Kaleb said approaching the boy still in his cot.

Stiles was on his side facing away from everyone, and when Kaleb pulled his shoulder, turning him on his back.

Everyone let out a gasp in horror.

"Oh no," Landon whispered as they stared at Stiles' unblinking eyes.

"Stiles are you okay?" Hope asked worriedly, approaching the boy and shaking him lightly.

"He's not going to talk," Landon told her grimly.

"Why?" Hope said, her eyes wide with worry.

"The demon is known to cause insanity, I think that's what happened to Stiles," Landon said voice shaking.

Time skip

Stiles now sat in his room in a wheel chair staring blankly out the window, it's been three days and there has been no change he always got visitors from all his friends.

"Hey, man," Kaleb said walking into the room for his first visit, he walked forward and sat in the chair across from his.

"So I've been doing a bit of reading and there was something about how people in a vegetative state can possibly see and hear what happens around them," Kaleb told Stiles hoping for some sign of a reaction.

"Look, man I just want to apologize that I haven't been as welcoming as everybody else, it's just that I've always been the best at everything and you come along and your stronger, faster, and braver than anybody else I've ever seen.  And I get that you've been through hell back in your hometown, basically making you who you are.  But I did get a little jealous because everyone wants to be friends with you and you got the twins pining after you.  And you've been lucky man but I'm sorry that this happened to you," Kaleb told him, meaning every word.

Kaleb stood up and patted him on the shoulder,"Get better buddy," And he left.

A few hours later Pedro came in accompanied by Emma.  Pedro ran over to him and looked at him for a moment, before shrugging off his backpack and took out the stuffed alligator that he slept with most of the time, Pedro put the alligator on Stiles' lap before going back to Emma taking her hand and they left.

A day later Josie came in for her usual visit,"I see Pedro gave you his Allen the alligator," She said smiling to herself while righting the stuffed animal on his lap.

"Everybody misses you, you know.  Even the teachers miss your sarcastic comments.  Especially me," Josie said tears gathering in her eyes,"You know the truth is I think I fell for you.  I don't really know when it's just happened.  I need you to wake up, please.  We all do," Josie told him.

Josie got up to leave but she hesitated, and then she turned back to Stiles leaning down she kissed him on the lips, when she stood back up she back up she covered her face and walked out the of the room.

When Josie left she didn't notice Stiles' index finger slowly rise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1.5K 14
Stiles Stilinski was the happiest person in the world, had friends, a boyfriend who loved him, a golden fish called dobby and a dad who loved him too...
352K 7.9K 21
What if Hope left Mystic Falls, like she intended to when everyone remembered her? And she came to the town of Beacon Hills, where she meets a boy a...
29.4K 520 32
After the Nogitsune's defeat the pack started to avoid Stiles. 2 weeks of avoiding later Scott kicked him out of the pack. Later the day something aw...
42.2K 1.2K 32
What if Hope went to New Orleans after she saw Landon and Josie kiss? What if she never stayed? It sets 15 years after the Malivore jump. Hope left M...