Covid Can't stop us: A Jay Ha...

By tvshowgirl4

BooK THREEEE!!: Emma, Jay, Nick, and Masie, face on the world, this pandemic, and the social and political ch... More

Season Eight Episode One "Fighting Ghosts"
New chapters coming soon
Season 8 Episode 3 "Tender Age"
Season 8 episode 4 'Unforgiven'
Season 8 Episode 5 'In Your Care'
Season 8 Episode 6 'Equal Justice'
Season 8 Episode 7 'Instinct'
Season 8 Episode 8 'Protect and Serve'
UPDATE ON THIS BOOK
Season 8 Episode 16 'The other side' SEASON FINALE

Season 8 Episode 2 "White Knuckles"

569 8 2
By tvshowgirl4

Kev Get's jumped, radio and stuff get's blocked, dude is found high at a crime scene holding his friends dead body, Jay and Haliey (who is replaced by Emma) are not seen until minutes later into the episode that's why I'm doing my own quick recap. 

Girl Is Isla Shermen, 18, drug priors, other than that a ghost, was an addict, 

Boy found holding her is Bill, he's an alderman son, drug issues too. 

Adlerman meets Voight at the district, they have a conversation, I actually like her but hate her at the same time! I think she's a great addition to the cast! She wanted to charge him with murder right away, voight doesn't agree, so naturally does things his own way.

'''''''''''''''''''''

"Billy!" Voight said tapping on the table, "Billy!"

"Billy? Remember me? We were just downstairs." Kevin said, Billy, who looked stoned out of his mind, was sitting behind the interrogation room table. 

'''''''''''''''

Adam, Emma, Rocky, and Jay watched from the viewing room.

"kid has no short term memory what so ever." Adam said.

"I don't think he knows where he is." Jay said.

"Remind me of my girlfriend and I back in college." Emma sighed.

"What?" Jay exclaimed, Adam snickered.

"Remind me of me a few days ago." Rocky said, Emma laughed and nodded.

"Your girlfriend?" Jay said.

"Shhhh, Listen." Emma said.

''''''''''''

"Billy, do you know why your here?" Voight asked.

"Isla?"

"Yep."

"Where is she?"

"She's dead." Voight said with no remorse or feeling whatsoever.  "Can you tell us what happened to her?" Billy started to drift and look around the room. "Billy!" Voight called, clearly losing any ounce of patents he had. "The way we found you, with the knife, this is a bad situation."

"Do you think I killed her?"

"I do." Voight said.

"Alright." Kevin cut in. "This death looks like what we call a crime of passion Billy. Like a fight broke out, or something went wrong. A knife was grabbed from the kitchen."

"I didn't' kill her-I didn't- the man killed her." 

"Okay the man, what man?" Voight asked.

"The man in the apartment. He killed her."

"Who was he?"

"I don't know."

'''''''''''

"Voight needs to chill!" Rocky said.

"This is the most entertaining thing I've ever watched!" Emma laughed.

"You had a girlfriend in college?" Jay asked.

''''''''''''''

"Can you describe what the man looks like?" Kevin asked.

"White, in his forties, he had green eyes, he was wearing a suit, white shirt, blue tie with red stripes on it. He had this voice that was really light, like he was telling a story. Like... he knew what he wanted to say." Billy said.

"Have you ever seen this man before?" Voight asked, Billy shook his head.

"Can I see Isla?" He asked.

"She's dead Billy." Kevin said.

"Please, I just wanna see her. Just tell me where you put her." billy said.

'''''''''''

"Ohhhh." Rocky and Emma sighed and shook their heads.

"This is so depressing." Rocky said, all of the sudden he started chewing. Adam, Jay, and Emma, looked over and saw him holding a bowl of popcorn.

"Rocky?!" Emma exclaimed.

"Oh! How rude of me! Would you like some?" He offered the bowl, the door opened as Voiht and Kevin came into the viewing room.

"Ever hear a suspect description that detailed?" Voight asked.

"Piano man, but that was more things than person." (only my criminal minds fan will get this call back.)  Emma said.

"Maybe it's the high talking." Jay said.

"That detailed?" Kevin said.

"Maybe he's telling his own story." Adam suggested.

"I just feel like you gotta be some amount of 'here' to even come up with that. I mean, even if it's not true, I feel like he believes it. For all we know it could be true." Kevin said. "And he asked to see her body, that's not normal offender behavior."

"Yeah, but addicts behavior doesn't always match their truth though." Emma said.

"He could be feeding us a fake suspect." Jay said.

"I don't know." Voight said. "And until he's sober we are not going to know anymore." Voight sighed. "He gave us anther suspect, in an... interesting way, so run it down." Everyone nodded.

"Wanna wait to charge?" Emma asked.

"Until we are sure he's guilty, don't even think about charging." Voight said.

"Got it."

'''''''''''

"There is honestly nothing to indicate a third person was in the apartment." Jay said as he and Emma checked out the apartment.  "two sets of take out, two beers, two chairs."

"Two sets of the works." Emma said pointing to the drug filled coffee table.

"Not much here." Jay said.

"This place is tiny." Emma said before heading into Isla's bedroom.

"I know, I don't see how anybody could be hiding out. And, the blood splatter indicates just one offender." Jay said standing in the door way.

"TV was on the time of death." Emma said.

"Yeah, forensics hasn't dusted this room yet." Jay said, Emma nodded.

''''''''''''''

"We just wanted to circle back." Adam and Kevin said to a women outside the apartment. "Make sure we didn't miss anything. So did you see anything unusual, any visitors?"

"The car was unusual." The women said.

"Alright, a car. What kind?"

"I don't know, it was blue. it was two AM and that car was sitting out here, wasting gas, it's head lights blaring through my window." The women said.

"Did you see anyone in the car? Maybe someone go into or come out of the apartment?" Adam asked.

"No, just the car. I took my dog out, by the time I came back it sped away, but it had been sitting out there for a good twenty minutes." 

"Why didn't you tell this to patrol?" Kevin asked.

"I've been home all day nobody's come by. If they have no one's talked to me. She died didn't she, that young girl?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Seemed like a good person, like she tried real hard to be happy." The women said.

'''''''''''''''''

"I don't understand, where is my son?" A man shouted in the main entrée of intelligence, Voight and Emma came down the stairs.

"Sir, your son's upstairs." Voight said.

"Upstairs? You put him in a box even though you found him high?"

"Yes sir, he was high." Emma said, the man narrowed his eyes.

"Your questioning him, without a lawyer, while he's high? Are you kidding me?" He started charging towards Emma just as Kevin and Adam came up behind her.

"HEY!" Everyone shouted at the man, before his lawyer held him back, Emma back up and bumped into Kevin who put his hand on her shoulder.

"Why the hell is my son upstairs without a lawyer."

"Listen sir, I am happy to talk to you-" Voight started.

"I am going to have your badge, and her badge, and their badge." 

"I'm just doing my job." voight said.

"Not for much longer." The man said.

"Excuse me!" Emma said crossing her arms.

"Little bean, not the time." Kevin said to her.

"I will tear you apart in front of the media! I know who you are!" 

"Alderman Braddem." The Deputy Super Intent Miller came up the stairs. 

"I need to see my son I need to be up there."Braddem said.

"And I will help you do that, just not in the hallway and not while raising our voices. Please, this way." She said gesturing to the office, she turned to Voight. "I'll speak to you upstairs." Voight nodded and headed back upstairs. 

"Mackenzie, you just come here to watch?" Kevin called out to one of the cops who was watching him.

"Come on Kev." Emma said pushing I'm back upstairs.

'''''''''''

"Well, it was clearly leaked to the alderman." Kevin sighed.

"Doesn't matter how, we are here now. Someone please tell me we have something." Voight said.

"I confirmed a blue sedan outside Isla's apartment, saw it coming, and going. Matched with the time frame we got from the witness. But Isla has no POD outside, so I caught it Turing onto her block, lost it, and than caught again leaving twenty minuets later." Kim said,

"So we can't confirm the plates, or that it was Evan outside of Isla's. It's possible someone exited the car, but we have zero way to prove that." Jay said.

"I got something!" Rocky shouted coming from around the back, he jumped into Emma's desk chair and started typing on her computer. "So Emma told me the TV was on during the time of death and I followed a feeling, we both had, this was playing." Rocky said Turing on a news report from the night before. The man matched Billy's description.

"Blue tie, green eyes, suit-" Emma said.

"And a voice like he's telling a story." Voight said.

"This happens sometimes during trauma." Emma said. "His wires got crossed, latched onto the wrong thing." Emma said. 

"Too be honest, I don't think Billy has any idea what's real." Rocky said.

''''''''''''''

Billy tells them a bunch of stuff in interrogation. They had a year of sobrityey they threw away together, he had been in and out of programs as had she.

'''''''''

"So it's hard to confirm sobriety." Jay said to Voight and Emma down in the tech room. "But it does look like Isla's life changed." He pulled up her social media. "This is her before, small friend circle, most posts about drugs and partying." He pulled up a new page. "Right around the time Billy said they met, a new set of friends, lot's of photos, looks happy." 

"Also around that time she opens a bank account, gets a job, the apartment." Emma said.

"I think they really did change each other." Jay said.

''''''''''''

She had already had the drugs, Billy passes out in her room, wakes up to her arguing with a man, passes out, wakes up again she's dead.

''''''''''

"Once he's high we can't confirm any of it, there's no black duffle at the scene." Jay said.

"No reports of neighbors hearing arguing, no signs of forced entry." Emma said.

"What about the knife?" Kevin asked.

"Dead there. Forensics ruled the knife inconclusive, blood and prints where contaminated." Kim said.

"What else do we have, if anything?" Voight asked.

"Nothing much." Rocky sighed. "I have run everything under the sun I can think of, I have internet stalked more people than I've ever wished, I- I'm out."

"And we can't confirm anyone was inside the apartment besides Billy." Jay said.

"I ran Isla's cell phone." Adam said.

"You know how to do that?" Rocky asked.

"Yes. Anyway, everything matches with Billy's story except for when she texted him, telling him she felt bad she way all the way out in Lake Forrest."

"Lake Forrest? She has connections out there?" Emma asked.

"Billy never said anything but her phone says she was there." Adam said.

"Alright, go roll on it." Voight said.

'''''''''''

"I'm sorry but nobody was even here, I don't even know an Isla." A Karen looking women said to Kevin and Emma as Adam looked around the outside of her house.

"Well have you seen anything unusual in the area? Any cars or?" Kevin asked.

"No, this place is the definition of ordinary." The women said, Adam leaned down on her lawn.

"What's with this hidden camera here?" He asked.

"Probaly a kids toy-" The women started (THIS MADE ME LOSE IT! LIE BETTER! A KIDS TOY WTF!)  Adam Ripped it up from the ground and wires spit out of the bottom.

"Nope, not a kids toy." He said tracing the wires. 

"I just rent the property." The women said trying to go inside.

"Hadley, your going to stay down here with me." Emma said, the women reluctantly sat on he front step as Adam and Kevin followed the wire to a basement window.

"You smell that? Adam asked.

"Acetone." Kevin said, Adam shined his flash light through the window and smirked. "What is it?" Kevin asked.

''''''''''

Kevin and Adam do a cool door break open move, find a drug lab in Karens basement. Kevin's alarm goes off, he finds out his house had been bugged. Looks over sucitry footage from his house with Adam. Adam says he should try to take a deal, Kevin says no. The Herion from the apartment had tags on them and she had a bag full of it, like a stash.

'''''''''

"I made a connection." Jay said as everyone gathered around the bullion bored. "This is Tim Rollins, 36, history of violence and two priors for drug possession in Indiana. Hadley has calls, Venmo requests, social media hits with this guy. So does Isla. Her social media is loaded with pictures of the two of them right up until she met Billy." Jay said.

"Ahhh, an Ex boyfriend." Emma said.

"He had the drugs, Isla knew it, she was itching, goes back, steals the drugs." Kim said.

"Bring him in."

'''''''''''''

No patrol arrives because everyone hates Kevin for filling a law suit against the city and because a racist cop was killed "because of Kevin". Adam gets shot, doesn't go through the vest, he get's brushed really bad, Kevin finds out no patrol showed up because of him, he gets angry. Mackizne, who we hate, was around the corner, Kevin and him get into a fight in the garage. Mackizne and the whole force are being told to do all this mean stuff to Kevin by Nolan, we don't like him either.

''''''''''''

"We've got Rollins entering the Wilson CTA stop two minutes after your 10-1 Call Ruz, than exiting again at Belmont." Jay said.

"He's got a cousin in Belmont, assumed he's hiding out there." Emma said.

"Adam, you okay?" Hank asked.

"Yep." Adam said.

"Alright, we are not relying on patrol this time.We control the perimeter, we lock it down." Voight said.

'''''''''''

They get the guy.

Kevin goes for Nolan who tells him he's till coming for him.

Voight has talk with Super Intendant and Kevin

Kevin waits in Nolans house they have such a badass Conversation and stare down please watch it if you can.

'''''''''''

"So you had a girlfriend in college?" Jay asked Emma, they where sitting in Mollys.

"I had like seven girlfriends, a few boyfriends too. I get around." Emma said.

"So like...would you still wanna have girlfriends or?" Jay asked, Emma shrugged.

"I love you, I'm happy with you. But if Kate Moneing from the L word or Margot Robbie asked me to I would throw it all away." Emma said. 

"Good to know." Jay laughed.

''''''''''''''''

See y'all Next Week! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 29 9
so I decided to write another fan fiction but this time it's gonna be about upstead my fav one Chicago friendship? maybe couple who knows ❤ #haileyup...
166K 3.2K 20
"You Were There When I Needed Someone."
275K 3.1K 82
Some Halstead fanfictions. Will Halstead. Jay Halstead and Ashley Halstead. A bunch of stories, with Police and Med
24.4K 384 38
story about a normal girl (lyla) who works as a firefighter/EMT and a boy(jay) who is a detective. Both have a scared past and hardly believe in love...