Dragons and Witches

By Ree_World

She was a beggar a mere child that wandered the streets. had no purpose, hungry and tired. One day she met hi... More

Prologue
CH.1
CH.2
CH. 3
CH.4
CH.5
CH.6
CH.7
CH.8
CH.9
CH. 10
CH. 11
CH. 12
CH.13
CH.14
CH.15
CH. 16
CH.17
CH.18
CH. 20
CH.21
CH.22
CH.23
CH.24
CH.25
CH.26
CH.27
CH.28
CH.29
CH.30
CH.31
CH. 32
CH. 33
CH34
CH 35
CH36
CH 37

CH.19

131 5 0
By Ree_World

Argentina woke up as she felt annoying sunrays falling over her eyes, she blinked several times before coming to a view that was unkown to her. She put her knees down to support her to get up to see herself on a field of violet daisies.

Daisies?

She looked left and right at the endless field of different flowers making her frown.

Where am I?

"Hello." Argentina was startled at the voice she heard right beside her making her wife her eyes as she looked at the boy close to her age, but had peculiar white hair, white eyes and even white eyebrows and lips, he looked so ethereal that she couldn't move her eyes away.

"Hello." The boy smiled showing glass white teeth. Making Argentina entranced and although she was caught up on how beautiful he looked she shook her head and frowned at him.

"Who are you?" She spat moving her body away, "where am I?" She kept looking back and forth, everywhere.

The boy bent down to her level offering his hands. "It's okay don't be afraid." He tried to sooth her, but she didn't budge.

She was supposed to be somewhere, with someone, but she couldn't remember.

"It's okay. We are in your mind." As the boy said that, she paused looking at him with utter disbelief.

"What mind?"

"Yours." The smile the boy had never faltered.

At her dumbfounded face, the boy held her from the armpits and helped her up." You will not understand, but right now. We are inside your mind. Unfortunately we can't get back unless you want to." He took her arm and entwined their arms together, the boy felt like a gentleman butler.

"Considering that I am in my mind as you say, I want to get out." Argentina didn't know why, but she felt comfortable around the boy, as if she knew him.

He smiled, "when you really want to get out. You will." He patted her hand affectionately as they walked through the field.

She closed her eyes and opened them to see herself crying inside a mirror. Argentina touched the mirror and stared, the boy was sitting on a chair and kept sipping on a cup of tea.

"Is that me?" Argentina asked as she looked at herself in the mirror. After a moment, the crying Argentina inside the mirror who hugged her knees were engulfed in a big hug from a faceless man.

"Who is that?" Before she could be able to catch a feature of the man, she was transitioned to a lake. This lake was surrounded by kids and adults, they were laughing and dancing together, some even were swimming, laughter and happiness were surrounding the place. Argentina looked at herself to see that she held hands with the boy as she leaned on a rock.

"Isn't it comforting?" The boy squeezed her hand in reassurance. He leans back looking at Argentina with a smiling face. Argentina leaned back and looked at him the same.

"Yes..." then she closed her eyes in comfort.

"Wake up." At the voice of the adult woman ordering her. Argentina's eyes opened up abruptly. When she perked up quickly, she saw Darkon sitting in front of her with a smiling face and a bloody face. "Darkon! Your nose." From the shock Argentina put her hands on her mouth in surprise at how his nose looked like. Darkon narrowed his eyes at her when he saw that she was the first one to wake up.

Argentina looked beside her to see all the friends she got to know were shivering and twitching their eyes closed. "W-what?" At the same time Argentina felt dizzy. She brought her gaze to look at Darkon again with a knowing look. She remembered the clapping, the smiling face before she passed out.

"What happened?" She asked in earnest. She didn't notice how Darkon looked at her with peculiarity her head tilted as he kept thinking, his nose kept spilling blood making him seem disoriented.

"How did you wake up on your own, without a nightmare?" His gaze was penetrating enough making Argentina shiver in fear.

"I don't know. what did you do?" Argentina felt her breath being caught In her throat as she looked at Darkon, the sounds of groaning and agonizing pain her friends went through made her mind feel light. She didn't like the atmosphere she was put in at all.

When she looked at the other side, she saw that the sun was close to shining, "what? How? Are we already in the next day?" She tried to stand up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..." but before Darkon could continue his words Argentina fell down face first as soon as she tied to stand up. She couldn't feel her body. After a moment or two she heard steps coming near her and she saw a pair of feet standing right in front of her. She sent her gaze up to see Darkon looking at her from above seeming majestic in his own way.

"I don't understand how you could wake up that fast, but..." his blue fearsome eyes turned into a gentle gaze as he smiled cheekly at her, "looks like you are a special one Argentina. You have a bright~ future~ ahead of you." As he sing songed the sentence to her, he bent down and flicked her nose in attempt to tease her, but suddenly he felt his ears being pulled from behind.

Argentina's eyes widened as she saw the fairy she always encountered in the palace pulling and biting Darkon's ears off. Darkon sighed closing his eyes in annoyance. "What is a working fairy doing here?" He tried to swat her away but she only flew away dodging his hand to return back pulling his ear. Darkon just let her there as he folded his arms to his chest and gazed at Argentina.

"You need help?" He asked in seriousness making how he looked too comical to be taken seriously with Cherie stuck to his ear biting it vigorously.

You bully...you are bullying the little girl! Cherie thought.

Argentina chuckled and laughed at how he looked, and soon she could feel her body regaining it's strength one by one. "You look weird, Darkon." She was laughing as she tried to sit up, she could ever slowly sit as she laughed at how Darkon looked.

When Cherie saw how the human she got to know is laughing, she gazed at how cute she looked and let go of Darkon's ear.

So he is not bullying her...

At that thought both Darkon and Cherie turned their heads towards each other making Cherie sweat in guilt at Darkon's scorching gaze. She yelped suddenly and quickly flies towards Argentina hiding behind her, every now and then she would glance at Darkon shyly.

Darkon couldn't believe what just happened so he only chuckled, "you already have a fairy as a friend, consider yourself one of the luckiest people out there." As he said these words he bent down and supported Argentina for her to be able to stand up, Cherie still hiding inside her long silvery hair.

Argentina tried to stand up with the help of Darkon's hand. "Okay, eat this. You need sugar in your system." He handed her a honey pimple, which was a popular sweets in their kingdom. Argentina took it from his hand, her other hand leaning on Darkon for support. As she chewed on the sweets she felt herself regaining her strength fully. She let go of Darkon's hand and tried to stand up on her own. She stumbled a bit and when she did Darkon had both his hands behind her ready to support her if she had fallen down.

When Argentina could stand up on her own she looked at Darkon who was glancing at her friends who were passed out on the sandy ground. His eyes were frowning as if he was so focused on their state. Once he helped Argentina he returned to focus on them as if Argentina wasn't even there. And that didn't sit will with her at all that she frowned at him. Cherie sitting on her shoulder as if she took residence right there.

"You didn't answer my question." She was still a bit dizzy so she could only speak weakly. Without even glancing at her Darkon spoke with utter authority his voice hard, not indicating his age of eighteen summers. "First of all I am your trainer, you call me Sir. Second of all, you don't question me on things. I will explain everything when your colleagues wake up." Argentina looked at him dumbfounded. What was wrong with him?

"Oh, really. Then tell me, sir. As a trainer you have the right to flick my nose and tease me. Right?" She glared at him, he was supposed to be her friend, but he always treated her like that, but then Argentina would remember that he always helped her the same. So, she couldn't put her hands on what he was to her.

At that Darkon smiled still not looking at her," don't be witty with me." Before he finished a trail of blood started at his nose, but his expression didn't change and he only wiped it as if it was a nuisances.

Argentina's heart fell at the scene that happened in front of her. "Darkon, y-your no-nose!" She exclaimed and tried to run towards him, but she already felt dizzy and couldn't step towards him.

"Yes, I know. It happens." He answered her stoically.

But Argentina was in her own mind." Doctor! Doctor. We need a doctor! Someone!" She screamed at the top of her lungs feeling helpless. Cherie sitting next to her flew up and moved from one side to the other in worry. And she suddenly had an idea making her fly towards the palace main hall. She thought she might be able to call for someone from there. At the intense crying of Argentina, Darkon was startled breaking from his calculative gaze to the kids. He turned his head quickly to see Argentina biting on her nails, her eyes watery as she called for a doctor with all her might. "Hey, hey...shh, I am okay. This is nothing, Argentina." He bent down her level to see her crying at how he looked. When she glanced at him again, she cried even more. "Argentina, look at me. There is nothing. I am okay. Please, don't cry."

"Please!"

She hicupped and wiped her face, still breaking into sobs, "you are bleeding. You are hurt." She looked too worried that his gaze warmed up. "Don't worry I am okay. Really." He brought his hand and wiped the stream of tears across her cheeks. "Why are you bleeding then?" She was relentless, not letting it go. Darkon tilted his head his expression unreadable.

"I told you, I will explain everything to you when your colleagues wake up, I promise. But, rest-assured I am really okay." He smiled again trying to calm her down. When suddenly they could hear the sudden take of breath and severe coughing behind them.

Darkon rolled his eyes and sighed"Next one is up.." he stood up again and did the same thing to Jacob who was crying bloody murder.

"Kera!" Darkon ordered with a strong shout.

"Yes, master." Kera suddenly appeared next to Darkon with a gentle smile. "Take both lady Argentina and prince Jacob to the booth. Then come back here." He ordered as he carried Jacob handing him to Kera who carried him with a warm gaze as she rubbed his back. And walked slowly towards Argentina, "let's go my lady. You were so brave today." Kera extended her hand in a warm, calm smile. Argentina wondering how a frail woman like Kera was able to carry a thirteen years old boy like it weighs nothing.

Regardless of that, Argentina took her hand and walked away with her taking a final glance at Darkon who was standing next the thrashing kids as they one by one woke up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 108 21
She was always alone.... she never had friends she barely knew what it was like to love someone.... she was perfect.... but so broken.... lost.... A̱...
52 80 34
She didn't though the things will going like this. The smiles and warm hugs just tricked her and fall into the lies, the tears on her eyes can't sho...
76.1K 3.9K 45
She had gotten used to being alone. . Being hidden from the world, but then he arrived, and nothing was the same anymore..... For he was the first...
95 15 16
A loyal friend willing to do anything to take care of and protect the people closest to her, A peaceful life disturbed by unfortunate events and plag...