The Rose's Shadow

By GramzonDragon

Beacon has fallen. Our heroes now must travel to Haven to get some answers. But everyone is scattered across... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Noncanon Halloween Special
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

322 9 5
By GramzonDragon

Y/N and Ruby held each other before someone cleared their throat. They looked and saw Vernde tapping his wrist.

Vernde: Now, I know you two are happy to see each other, but I'm pretty sure we're trying to get to Haven as fast as possible.

Y/N: Right... So, how is everyone?

Everyone was silent at the casual question.

Vernde: We had our asses handed to us by a psychopath... How do you think we're doing?

Y/N: Well, besides a few cuts and bruises, you seem pretty okay. So, how much did I miss.

Jaune: Not much to be honest.

Qrow: So how did you get here?

Y/N: A lot of Shadow Travel.

Ruby: So, how did you know we were here?

Y/N lifted Ruby's hand revealing her ring. Qrow nodded as he understood.

Nora: Her hand?

Ren: No, her ring. I've heard of an old technique that allows one to put a piece of their Aura in an object. If they are strong enough, they can locate that item no matter where in the world it is.

Jaune: So, what is it exactly?

Qrow: Y/N basically turned the ring into a tracking device for him.

Y/N: Right, now let's get out of this place.

Later that night everyone was gathered around a campfire as Qrow was telling the story of the Maidens. He took a swig of his drink as the silence settled in.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: *sigh* Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha... the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Y/N: You don't know that!

Jaune was surprised at Y/N's outburst.

Y/N: Do you really think that she would allow herself to be forced to do anything?

Qrow: Jaune, we didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from group. Qrow watches him go. Y/N exhaled as he walked the opposite direction. Y/N grumbled angrily as he punched a tree with his prosthetic arm destroying both of them. The arm reconstructed itself as Y/N took the chance to calm down.

Y/N: Damnit... I'm letting my emotions get the better of me.

???: I'll say.

Y/N took a stance and looked around for the voice.

???: Over here.

Y/N looked to his left and saw a man in a familiar outfit appear from the shadows.

Y/N: Who are you?

???: I feel like I should be insulted by that remark. But then again, how many have actually seen my face?

Y/N watched as the man took off his orange glasses and put them in his pocket.

Y/N: Are you... Alucard?

Alucard: Yes I am... And you are Y/N L/N, the successor and heir to the Hellsing Organization.

Y/N: ... Uh, didn't that fall apart years ago? During the great War?

Alucard: Right... Fuck! Well that aside, what are you doing out here?

Y/N: I'm going to Haven with my friends.

Alucard: I see. Now answer me this, how is Fang?

Y/N: Fang? You mean my shadow wolf?

Alucard: Well, technically he's a demon wolf.

Fang leaped from Y/N's body and ran over to Alucard growing bigger and more demonic.

Alucard: Fang! Who's a good boy? You are! Have a severed leg!

Y/N watched in disgust as Alucard tossed a bloodied leg at Fang, who happily ate it.

Y/N: Ugh... I'm not going to even ask where that came from.

Alucard: I found it.

Y/N: That doesn't mean I want to know!

Alucard: Back to the matter at hand, why are you going to Haven?

Y/N: Because there were people from Haven that helped cause the fall of Beacon.

Alucard: I see, and how is Anderson?

Y/N: Who?

Alucard: Oh right, I forgot he reincarnated. He goes by the nickname 'Oz'.

Y/N: I'm not sure. No one can find him.

Alucard: Well, the chance of him bonding with another host has been increased.

Y/N: What do you mean by reincarnated?

Alucard: How about asking him next time you see him. Give him the message, 'See you later you Catholic Sociopath.'

Y/N: Okay?

Alucard: Well, I have shit to do. Plug up a few holes.

Y/N: Can I ask you something?

Alucard: I guess.

Y/N: Are you really a vampire?

Alucard: No, I'm not a vampire. I'm a fuckmothering vampire.

Y/N: Don't you mean you're the fuckmothering vampire?

Alucard: Damn that's good. How did I not think of that?

Y/N: If that's the case, wouldn't that make me part vampire?

Alucard: In a sense, yes. Why do you think you have more power in darkness?

Y/N: I see.

Alucard: Well, I'm leaving now. I'll send you my number later. Fang, make sure Y/N doesn't cause too much trouble. 'Cause that's my job. Speaking of which, I think it's time to send out a few Fear Turkeys.

Alucard vanished into the shadows as Y/N sighed.

Y/N: What the hell am I even doing? I need to apologize for my behavior.

Fang walked up to Y/N and rubbed against his head. Y/N gently scratched the wolf's head as they returned to camp.

Y/N: Wait, what's a Fear Turkey?

Fang gagged as Y/N shuddered.

Y/N: You know what? Forget I asked. I don't even want to know the answer to that question.

Meanwhile

Rein looked out at the night sky as he listened to the faint music from his Scroll.

???: Trouble sleeping?

Rein didn't turn as he greeted his host.

Rein: Hey Mrs. Belladonna. Nah, just... Worried.

Kali: I understand. It's hard being away from your friends, not being there to help them.

Rein: It's not just that, it's just... I'm worried about Blake. She feels like all the things that happened to her friends is her fault.

Kali listened as she gave the green haired Faunus a cup of tea.

Rein: Thanks. She doesn't want help. She's trying to shut everyone out. I mean, Sun is trying to help her. But...

Kali: I know. She doesn't like seeing her friends hurt.

Rein sensed someone hiding in the trees. He took a sip of the tea before turning and leaning back on the railing.

Rein: So? I mean, there's this guy that has a Semblance that is literally 'Bad Luck'. He works alone so the ones he cares about doesn't get hurt. But he doesn't shut everyone out. He still visits and cares about his family. (By the way, how is the old man doing?)

Author: Damnit Rein! Focus! You do remember that you are being watched!

Rein: (Of course, I'm actually going to follow her after I'm done with my tea).

Author: Just... Don't do anything stupid. Because I'm pretty sure your teammates would like to kick yo ass.

Rein: (True... Anyways, do you think anyone guessed the mysterious person at the end of the last chapter?)

Author: Probably.

Kali: You okay Rein? You went quiet for a bit.

Rein: Sorry. Was lost in thought.

Kali: If you need anything, even just to talk...

Rein: You have an ear open.

Rein handed Kali his empty cup and went back to looking at the stars. When Kali closed the door, Rein jumped down the balcony without making a sound. He looked up at the roof as Blake and Sun started to chase someone.

Rein: Well readers, I think they're going to need a little help. Blake isn't completely focused, and Sun... Well, he's just an idiot. I mean he did a team kill during the festival.

Rein silently followed them and eventually got in front of the figure and tackled her to the ground.

???: Hey!

Rein: If you want to spy on someone, make sure they can't sense your presence.

Blake: Rein! What are you doing here?

Rein: Came to help you out, plus I sensed her presence back at the house. Now, I think you can answer a few questions we have... Ilia Amitola.

A/N

I know, I know. I haven't been posting lately. I have obtained the curse of writer's block for all my stories... That and I keep on getting distracted. Hope everyone has a good day/night.

So, leave a vote, comment, and your support for the story.

Also check out "The Ask Mansion". You can ask any questions there.

Ancestors Guide You

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 2.2K 28
Kidnapped by Atlas, and rescued by a dusty old Qrow. You are enrolled at Beacon and meet team rwby just after they initiated. Armed with new powers...
104K 1.8K 17
Ruby Rose was gone. Yang and Taiyang were left alone on the little island called Patch. But years later, she appeared at Beacon Academy as Team RWBY'...
41.4K 877 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...
4.3K 77 39
The story continues after the fall of Beacon as Ruby and the rest of team JNPR head to Haven Acadamy while Dan and Drago help Yang with recovery. But...