Back to Basics

By KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio

3.6K 190 3
By KaylaWoods289

3 months later

"CASS!!!"

Cass shoots up from the bed gently lifting Keith's arm from her waist before getting out of the bed. The sun isn't even up yet. She grabs one of Keith's sweaters throwing it over flimsy tank top. She begins walking while yawning to where she hears her sister hollering. Her body waking up better now becoming accustomed to this. 

It has been three months since her live interview about the rumors surrounding her and Jackson. Tate has decided to let her work solely on her album leaving her an isolation practically receiving radio silence... And she loved it. She has felt happier than she has in years. It had a big deal to Nat and Keith but she also found that without everything in California as a distraction she could focus on her music. She has even made a few country songs much to Nat's pleasure. 

"CASS!- Oh didn't see you there." 

Cass rubs her eyes before pulling her hair up into a messing bun. She catches sight of her sister and finds her already in her normal get up. A pair of fitted jeans with her boots, then a classic black tank top with a flannel thrown over it. Cass pushes her hands into the pocket into Keith's hoodie giving her a tilt to the head.

"Give me 5 minutes Nat"

"I'll be outside."

Without waiting for a reply, Nat turns exiting the house. Cass yawns walking back upstairs to her room. She finds Keith with his arm moving around on her side of the bed. She smiles gently shaking her head as she heads to the closet. Their relationship has slowly progressed into something deeper. They still haven't done to many physical activities but she felt they had a deeper connection and wasn't in any rush to mess it up. 

"Princess?"

Hearing his groggy voice, she comes out of the closet as she throws on her own flannel. She props her body against the door frame as Keith slowly sits up trying to find her. She watches for a moment before pushing off and walking to sit on the side of the bed. She gives him a tender smile reaching to brush her fingers through his hair. 

"Morning sexy"

Keith smirks in return. She gave him that nickname months ago and it just stuck. He was a sight to see so it was not stretching the truth by any means. He leans forward as she leans down to kiss him gently.

"Mmm"

Keith tries to wrap his arm around Cass but she stops him pulling back. He groans as she begins to stand up. 

"Sorry, Nat's waiting and we both know she will barge in here if I don't go."

Keith just huffs flopping back into the bed. She giggles gently as she reaches for her boots. About a month ago, Nat has decided it was time to teach Cass how to ride. The morning after, Cass was asleep with Keith in his room. Nat woke her up but she fell back asleep. That was before Nat came in yanking her blanket off of her and yelling at her. Keith has since added a lock to his door however Cass still refuses to lock the door to her room. 

She leans over kissing his cheek before walking backdown stairs. The sky is beginning to turn hues of pink. A smile pulls at her face as she walks outside to the stables. Walking in, she is met with Nat talking with Shadow. She goes over to a stall nearby looking in at the beautiful brown mare. She opens the gate walking in earning a neigh from the beauty. 

"Morning Oakley, you ready girl"

She walks over to the wall gathering her saddle before putting it on her. She has become much better at this after the first few lessons. After making sure it was good, she goes to Oakley's side and grips as she throws a leg over her sitting on her securely. 

"You're getting better Cass"

"Thanks" 

Nat clicks her tongue and Shadow takes her out. Cass nudges her feet into Oakley and she follows the pair out of the stables. The sounds of the hooves being the only sound this early in the morning. They all make it over to the pasture before stopping. Oakley stops right beside Shadow giving Cass a perfect view of the peaking sunrise over the horizon. She turns her attention to Nat. 

"You excited?"

"Me, it's your gig." Nat gives her furrowed brows making Cass laugh shaking her head. 

"I mean about Jackson's return."

Nat's face morphs into an 'O' before a grin spreads over her face. Cass continues to laugh at her. Jackson had to return to LA about two months ago. He came down for the first few weekends but lately time has not been on his side. He is set to come back today for Cass' return to the stage. Nat wasn't upset when he had to leave, she understood it came with the job. Jackson was more upset than Nat. He calls Cass daily to check on her songs however somehow always ends up asking about Nat even though they talk daily. 

"I'm excited"

Nat says with a lovely blush surfacing. Cass grins for her. It seems they both may have found some keepers. Cass turns her attention back out to the beautiful view before hearing the sound of Nat clicking her tongue. Shadow takes off and Cass leans closer to Oakley's back. 

"Let's do this girl"

Nudging Oakley, she quickly takes off falling Shadow's trail. They continue riding for some time before making it back to the house. They arrive to find Keith sitting on the front porch. He gets up walking to them before reaching out to brush Oakley adoringly. He then reaches up to help Cass down. A mega watt smile on her lips as she falls securely into his arms. 

"Gag me"

Nat makes the gagging sound as she dismounts Shadow before leaving the love birds outside as she goes in. Cass turns her attention back to Keith. He smiles leaning down to kiss her gently. 

Ahem

They pull away to find Julio walking towards them. Cass just now notices his truck parked here. Was she really that indulged she didn't hear it? She gives Keith one more peck before skipping into the house. She hears Nat in the kitchen making her smile. She walks in to find Nat swaying her hips while making coffee. The radio is on and playing one of Nat's all time favorite artist. 

Well, you can hear me on the radio!
You wanna turn me on, turn on your stereo.
You can sing along, while they're playin' my song.
How you done me wrong,
Baby crank it up!
Until you blow the speakers out your Chevy truck.
So listen Romeo, when you're feelin' kinda lonely,
Let me tell you where to go.
Turn on the radio!

Cass joins in enjoying the song from Reba McEntire she reaches for a whisk singing her heart out along with Nat. 

Try to call, twitter me, text until your fingers bleed.
Oh! the D.J's the only way you're ever gonna hear from me.
If you're reminiscing, and you're missin' me this much,
And you really wanna stay in touch.

Both girls singing as if they are both professionals. Nat puts on her cowboy hat as she begins doing some dips to the song. The song continues and neither girl realizes they have an audience. 

"Holy shit"

Both girls snap their heads to the entrance to find Keith and Julio standing there. Julio with his cellphone up realizes he has been caught and quickly pockets the phone. Nat walks over turning down the radio before going to get her cup of coffee. 

"Julio, you can't post that."

"You know I won't do that Talia"

She nods her head turning back to make another cup before passing it to Cass. She smiles giving her a 'thank you' in return before sipping the warm liquid down. Keith walks before sitting beside her. Julio walks over to the other side giving puppy eyes to Nat. The dark haired beauty rolls her eyes but makes him a cup regardless. He grins like he won the lottery before pecking her cheek and leans against the counter. 

"Is it ready?"

Cass raises a brow to Nat who directs the question to Julio. The man clears his throat nodding before setting his cup of coffee down. Nat does the same before looking to Cass. 

"You ready to see your house?"

Cass smiles excitedly before standing up followed by Keith who takes her hand into his own. They all walk outside walking down the length of the ranch before they come to the new home. A gasp being released from Cass who wasn't allowed to see it until it was ready. 

It had a very southern charm to it. Clearly Nat put a lot of thought into the details. She squealed before taking off leaving Keith and the others laughing at her. She didn't care. This was the most thoughtful present she had ever received. She walked up the steps to her new home and turned back to find the others following. 

She went to the door opening before her eyes widen in astonishment again. She continued going through the home with her eyes taking everything in. It was already furnished with minimal finishes leaving her room to customize if she chose to. She made it upstairs and found three rooms but only one master suite. The room was exquisite and Cass couldn't help the screech that escaped finding the bathroom. She turned back around to find Nat and Keith standing in the room shoulder to shoulder. 

"This is.." Cass could feel the tears quickly working up as her throat closed up. Nat walked over giving her a hug. Cass crumbled in her best friend's arms. "Thank you Nat"

"Always Cass"

The blonde haired beauty lifted her gaze to find Keith giving her an amused smile. He has pointed out how emotional she gets and how he loves it. Nat released her before skipping out of the room. Cass walked over to sit down on the bed as her eyes took in all the features of the room. A dip in the bed made her turn to find Keith looking deeply in her eyes. 

"You like it?"

"Like?" She asks incredulous before shaking her head. "I love it Keith"

"Good. I guess we will have to cuddles here and there."

"Or.." Cass said biting her lip. 

"Or?" He reiterates with a raised brow. 

"You could stay here... with me."

She dips her head for a moment as her confidence escapes her. A moment of silence passes before she feels his fingers below her chin. He guides her head upwards before bringing his lips down onto hers. The sensation still bringing a rush of electricity through her body. She lets her mind fog as he continues his sensual assault on her. Only when she feels they both are in need of air does he pull back giving her one more peck. 

"I would love to princess."

She grins again before squealing and jumping on him making him fall back on the bed. 

"For the love of god you two! At least wait til I finish the tour."

They both laugh turning to find Nat at the door with her hand over her eyes. Cass climbs off of him before going over to Nat taking her hand away from her eyes making her narrowed eyes land on her. 

"And you wandered why we needed two houses."

Cass laughs as Nat tugs her hand taking her back down stairs. It isn't until they get to the corner of the house does Cass see a spiral staircase heading down. She continues letting Nat lead her but the sight she is met with practically makes her crumble. 

Keith is quick to keep her upright as Nat laughs at her friend's expense. This was more than Cass could ever want. It was a complete studio with even instruments already set up. After a moment, she finally gathers her strength and walks over running her fingers over the massive switch board. Then she gets an idea. Grinning like a joker, she walks into the room picking up her guitar holstering it correctly. She turns her attention to find Nat, Keith and now Julio standing there. She begins thrumming the strings and singing a familiar song. 

Well, you can hear me on the radio!
You wanna turn me on, turn on your stereo.
You can sing along, while they're playin' my song.
How you done me wrong,
Baby crank it up!
Until you blow the speakers out your Chevy truck.
So listen Romeo, when you're feelin' kinda lonely,
Let me tell you where to go.
Turn on the radio!

She continues singing as Nat hoots and hollers. She even finds Julio recording yet again. She decides to give it her all into the microphone finding it already on. The song continuing and she puts her heart into it. Her body swaying to the vocals she has memorized. The ending comes and she opens her eyes to find the group all cheering for her. 

"Damn Princess"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 65 34
Rayna has been physically, mentally, and verbally abused for years by the very people that should have kept her safe. What happened next sends Rayna...
657K 20.5K 54
Everything was going perfect for Bailey Grant. A life in Nashville, a hit music career, an upcoming international tour. She thought that nothing co...
86.4K 4.4K 48
Mare Pike. She sticks to the shadows of her prestigious private school. It's easier that way. Easier to hide a part of herself that no one can know a...
1.8K 190 51
Love isn't about how much you say I LOVE YOU, but how much you prove that's true. Lydia Martin thought that life was closing on her, everything...