Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

Por Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... Mais

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 31 [In blood]

3K 168 54
Por Vanshika231

"M–My ring?" I stuttered while lowering my trembling hand down instantly and putting it behind my back. Where the fuck is the ring? I remember throwing it when he was gone.

"Yes, your wedding ring." He spat while leaving my jaw and bringing my hand in front of him. He looked at my hand blankly while gritting his teeth. I tried snatching my hand back but to no avail. This made me irritated. 

"I threw it because I don't consider you as my husband. Happy now?" I sneered while pulling my hand back with full force. Gladly, I could retrieve my hand this time. My eyes widened slightly when I recognized what I had spoken.

I looked up at him and covered my fear with braveness and fury. His gaze hardened even more while his eyes narrowed indefinitely. I took two steps back before my back touched the wall.

"I want it back on your hand by today evening." He muttered as his eyes lost all the anger. He raised his eyebrow at me, challenging me to deny him. He was just emotionless. I'm getting headaches by his mood swings. If he wanted to fight, why is he not fighting? He turned back and walked to his desk.

What does he want to prove by ordering me around? He cannot order me around like I'm his slave. I don't want to wear that meaningless ring by any means. I looked at his left hand to see his ring shining there. I would have to say that ring looked beautiful on his hand.

Fuck, what am I even thinking? He is playing with my mind and sanity. I breathed through my nose and pondered over how to shout at him that I will not wear that ring.

"I have lost it. Even if I find it, I'm not going to wear it." I spoke calmly while latching my hand on the door knob. I tried opening it but to no avail. It is getting humid here, I believe. I don't want to be in the same room with him.

He even burnt the marriage certificate. How am I supposed to get a new one with his signature?! He will never sign. But I can maybe somehow trick him, but it is too hard. He, in his conscious, would never think of doing that.

I may as well get new official papers for my father's house and get it signed by him. Obviously by tricking him. Why did I not think of this earlier? Dumbo!

"Very well, Mrs.Bradford. I have already got one new ring for you. Come here and take a look." He nodded his head and spoke while taking out something from his pocket. He sat on his sofa chair while staring at me intensely. 

I moved my legs and walked upto him, to give him a piece of mind. I looked at the ring in his palm, heart shaped diamond in centre with beads of ruby, emerald and sapphire around the it. Ring looked extremely beautiful but it was he who was giving this to me and therefore it was not beautiful. 

"What part of 'I'm not going to live with you anymore' did you not understand? We are done here, Mr. Bradford. You may do as you wish to." I spat while rubbing my forehead with my hand.

"You are such a bad girl. Do you know what your mother is doing right now? Sipping on her morning coffee. Do you want her to be thrown out of that house right away?" He mocked calmly while staring at my jeans clad legs. 

Was he blackmailing me again? He is just impossible. He does not have even one degree of humanity. I breathed heavily and slapped my palm on the table.

"How dare you blackmail me? You will do no such things. I warn you, Mr. Bradford, do not try to reach my level because I will not let you live peacefully ever again then." I yelled at him darkly while looking into his eyes. His reaction was, he smirked and chuckled. 

"Be a good girl and wear this ring. Even if you leave our house, I very well know how to drag you back there. I may as well use law against you. You must know that there is a law which states that after marriage, wife needs to live with her husband. The husband may claim his rights to live with his wife anytime. Your choice!" He spoke lowly in his gravelly voice while checking me out.

Disgusting person. For a moment I was tempted to claw his eyes out of their sockets but I held my temptation and swallowed hard.

"Stop checking me out like a creep, Mr. Bradford." I sneered while glaring at him in the eyes.

He looked up into my eyes and once again took a look over of my body. He smirked again. He stood up while removing the ring from its box and holding it inside his palm. He moved towards me and held my hand and made me sit on the chair just in front of him.

"I have all the rights to check you out but if you have a problem with that, I can grant you some relief and not check you out." He spoke gruffly while he sniggered.

He took hold of my hand and slid the ring in my finger of the left hand. I did not speak anything because I knew he would do anything just to get what he wants and unluckily, it is me this time.

"It looks good, now. We're holding a party today on the occasion of our one month anniversary.  You must start getting ready." 

"The what?" I asked balantly while furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Take this ring as a gift. When someone would ask you, what did I gift, you would show this ring. Understood?" He stated while comforting himself back on the swirling chair.

"I have got zero time for this bullshit. I'm not going anywhere. Go and find some other woman for your fantasies." I spat while pointing my middle finger at him and smiling sarcastically. I know, I'm going mad but I couldn't stop myself from arguing with him.

It's in my blood.

I flinched as he stood up and raised his hand. I thought he was going to slap me again like yesterday but he didn't this time. He put his hand on my face instead and caressed my cheek softly. This was the first time when I was feeling the texture of his hands. They were soft, unlike him.

 I stilled and gulped while looking at him with uncertainty. What was he trying to do? Threaten me? He caressed my lips with the pad of his thumb making me restless and somewhat uncomfortable. This was the first time when any other stranger man has touched me instead of Drake. 

"W‐What are you doing?" I stuttered as I swallowed hard. My eyes were wide open. I couldn't pin point what I was feeling. Was it fear or anger? Or was it something else? I held my breathe as he raised my chin with his forefinger and looked into my eyes as if reading my soul.

Once again, I was drowned into his eyes. There was something about them which drugged my mind. They were like a drug. They were keen gray, sharp and unreadable. They were not soft and warm. They only gave the wave of his domineering aura.

"Have you forgotten how you were punished yesterday?" He whispered calmly in a very low voice darkly. I had to strain my ears to listen him. I blinked two three times before pushing him away from me. I opened my mouth to shout but he cut me even before I started speaking.

"You don't know me well, Mrs.Bradford. Yesterday was a mistake but I did not regret it. You need to learn and obey some orders given to you. Everytime going against what I say would land you in more problems." He muttered dryly while looking at my lips. I shut my lips tightly and sucked them inwards so that he gets the idea and starts staring somewhere else.

I believe, I'm going essentric these days. Especially when he is around. For god's sake, he slapped me, humiliated me, blackmailed me, threatened to take me by force and here what I'm doing is commenting on his eyes. 

"What is your problem, Mr. Bradford? Are you alright in your mind or is a screw  loose there? You keep threatening me again and again and you believe, I will happily follow what you say. Who do you think you are? You are niether a god nor my father to order me around. Jesus, you are so irritating." I babbled as I looked at him frustratedly. 

His continuous threats and warnings were making me sick in mind and his presence was making me sick in stomach. I still couldn't wrap my mind around the thing that he slapped me and I let him. Mia, you owe me a big one for keeping my promise to you.

"I don't want any arguments, Caitlyn. I've had enough of your nonsense. If you would fight one more time, I will do something which you will surely not like. So, go and get ready for the evening." He mused as the edges of his eyes hardened. 

I knew 'his caress' was just a warning to tell me that he could do anything  because he is in the power. God help me, please.

"You can't monitor my moves, Mr. Bradford." I retorted while averting my gaze swiftly in annoyance. I could not take this anymore. What bad can he even do now? Hasn't he already done more than enough? My life's already changed by one eighty degree.

"Shhh. Stop talking for your own good. Come and sit." He mumbled while removing his blazer and setting it down on his chair arm. He narrowed his eyes at my fuming form and sat down while motioning me with his hand wave to sit down. I obliged silently to his command.

"Listen, I'm requesting you in a civilized manner. Please let me go. I'm tired of this cat and rat race between us. I had a perfect life before you came. I don't even know what revenge are you trying to seek but I cannot be a playmodel in your game. What do you even want from me? What wrong have I ever done to you?" I cried desperated to know the reason behind all this chaos in my life.

He kept looking at me blankly with his narrowed eyes and furrowed eyebrows. He seemed to be in his thoughts which I was unsure of, if they included me or not. His bland and grey shade of eyes evolved an emotion in my heart and I broke down in front of him.

I did not know what has happened to me since yesterday but I could not help myself from being drown into this black hole. I was being over emotional, I know but it was just not in my hands and power to stop these emotions from being erupted.

I shivered as cold air hit my sobbing form making me hicupp aloud in the silent cabin. I hid my face under my hand and let my head fall into my lap. After I don't know how much time, I felt something warm on my cold body.

I looked upto see a hand holding water glass in front of my face. I looked on my shoulders to see a black colored blazer. His cologne reached my olfactory receptors making me inhale deeply. I wiped my face roughly from the sleeves of my top and reached for the glass.

I drank half of the water in five-six gulps slowly as I continued to hiccup. I tried to calm my nerves down but they just went overboard. What would he be thinking of me? That I'm a coward! Stupid girl! Why did I cry like a child? And that too in front of him.

"Thank you." I spoke hoarsely after clearing my throat. My nose was clogged due to the unusual event. I exhaled heavily and looked straight at him after keeping the glass on table. 

My eyes squinted as I wailed all my frustrationsand complaints out before him "I don't want to be with you. Please, leave me and go away from my life."

Suddenly, his eyes hardened even more while he sniggered. He looked at me with a look full of distaste, disgust and immense hate. He tugged at my arm and pulled me up to stand before him. His deep grey eyes bored into mine intensely as he glared at me.

"Shouldn't you be knowing the amount of sins, you have done? Do you need me, even to remind you of those wrongdoings? Tell me, Caitlyn! Do you really don't recognize me?" He yelled silently as his hold kept on tightening on my arm.

"What sins?! Who the hell are you even? I really don't know you!" 

"You don't know me? Is that so? Have you forgotten those eyes which you adored the most in your teenage? Have you forgotten me so easily after destroying me? I don't think that's possible!" He shouted as he snaked his arm on my waist and dig his nails there unintentionally. 

What was he even talking?! I don't remember him. Fuck, I didn't even know him before opening my company!

"If I'm saying, I don't know you, is that too hard to understand? Why would I even lie?" I yelled in disbelief.

"Perfect. Now, the revenge would be more sweet. Keep trying to remember me for the rest of your life. Get out from my sight now." He whisper yelled while glaring daggers at me with his eyes.

"You know what?! Fuck you! You are nothing but an asshole who knows nothing but how to inflict pain on others. You are psycho. Get this in you mind that I'm not going with you to that party. Go and get some ot—" I was cut off with a loud knock on the door.

He cursed under his breathe as he released me while glaring at me. He yelled for the person to enter inside his cabin. I composed myself and distanced myself from him further away.

"Sir, your lunch is here." A woman in her mid thirties spoke after entering the doorstep with her head lowered down and eyes focused on the floor. Poor soul. 

Now, I know that he is same bossy and arrogant with everyone. I'm not the special case. 

This maybe gave me some kind of relief and assurance that I could bear him for some more minutes.

"Serve in two plates and leave." He muttered dryly as he went to the sofa in the corner of the room and settled sown. I sighed and breathed through my nose.

"Come, Caitlyn. Have lunch with me."

♤■■■♤

♧ What do you think about crying Caitlyn?

Vote and comment, please!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
65.9K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
175K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...