TACENDA // Technoblade X Read...

By Lillianna1125

PHANTASM SERIES BOOK 1 --- Tacenda; pl (plural only): Things that are not to be spoken about or made public... More

Beginning Notes
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Ending Notes

6

74.7K 3.5K 8.5K
By Lillianna1125

The throne room looked different when the court was in session. It was no longer just your father's workspace when it was crowded full of nobles and palace guards, all vying for a good view of the embassy when they arrived. For them, this was all entertainment.

For you, it was the beginning of a long and stressful process.

You were dressed in the traditional colors of the kingdom - swaths of royal blue and cyan - and draped with diamond jewels. Your brother was outfitted in his military garb, and your father was wearing his crown - something he almost never did, as the extra weight made his neck hurt after a long period of time. The twins - tucked in the shadows behind your father's throne - were dressed in the traditional robes all endermen wore - sheer black silk, inlaid with silver to make up a scene of the night sky. It brought out the purple of their skin and made their eyes shine even brighter.

It was all a show of strength, of course, but getting all dressed up was a little fun, you had to admit.

You were more focused on the arriving embassy though. You had never seen Pigmen in real life before, as you had never been to the Nether. You were curious if they were as brutish as your brother described.

You shot a glance at Colin, but he was looking straight ahead, obviously wanting this all to be over with.

Your thoughts were interrupted when the trumpets blared, announcing the embassy's arrival. Two guards pulled the heavy oak doors open, and saluted as two figures draped in red traveling cloaks entered the room.

The hoods were pulled back, and two bone masks were revealed, obscuring their faces partly. That didn't stop you from drinking in every detail though.

They stooped into a low bow for a moment, before one of them spoke.

"Thank you for your kind welcome, King Etienne."

Your father nodded slowly. "And you for the journey you've made, Lord Technoblade."

Technoblade stood from his bow. He was unlike anyone else you had seen before. There was a certain confidence about him that drew everyone's eye. His hair was tied back into a messy plait, but it was the color that was the most striking, a bright pink that contrasted the dark red and black of his robes. His face was mostly obscured by the mask of his people, but you could just make out the shape of his jaw and a flash of sharp teeth when he smiled. He was dangerous - but he was magnetic.

"And you, Lord Ilbertus." Your father continued.

The second man rose from his bow as well. Ilbertus looked more like what you had been taught Pigmen looked like - sagging pink skin, underbite with tusk-like fangs, beady eyes peeking out from behind the bone mask. He was still intimidating, but not in the elegant way Technoblade was. This was the sort of man that made Malcolinus sneer and rant about how those dirty half breeds were a plague on the earth.

"How was your journey?" Your father asked.

"Long." Ilbertus said. He had a raspier voice than Technoblade, and every word sounded like a sneer. "Your country is quite... different... than ours."

"It's a beautiful place though." Technoblade said. "The air is so cold and fresh here."

"I'd imagine it's quite a shock when you come through the portal." Your father said.

From the corner of your eye, your could see Colin fiddling with the straps of his armor, not paying attention to the embassy in the slightest. Ilbertus' eyes were locked on your brother as well - it was clear that he knew exactly who Colin was and what he had done.

He wouldn't say anything now though, when the whole court was gathered and pleasantries were still being exchanged.

"I'm sure you're tired from such an arduous journey." Your father said, gesturing for the twins to step forward. "My most loyal servants, Deirdre and Tarquin, will show you to your rooms, so that you may rest before the festivities tonight and get acquainted for you stay."

"You are most kind, Etienne." Technoblade said, nodding respectfully. "Thank you for your hospitality."

"You are most welcome." Your father said. Deirdre and Tarquin stepped down from the dias where you sat and made their way over to Ilbertus and Technoblade, leading them out of the throne room and away into the palace, towards the west wing, where the guest rooms were. You were sure your father had had suites prepared from them a while ago.

As soon as they were gone, the court broke out into excited whispers - no doubt discussing every inch of their appearances, from the long pink hair, to the red and black robes, to the strange masks that covered their faces.

Your father slid the crown from his head and held it out for you to take. You did, settling the jewel onto your lap as he sighed.

"They made it so dense..." He said, a small smile coming to play on his lips.

"Well," You said. "A crown is a heavy weight to bear."

Your father laughed, patting your knee. "What did you think of them?"

"They're strange." You said. "But I'm sure I will get to know them both better as the negotiations progress."

Your father nodded. "And Malcolinus?"

Your brother shrugged. "They're just like the rest of the pigmen I've seen. Ugly."

You frowned, glancing at your father.

He only sighed. "You should never say such things about a diplomatic embassy, no matter the race. If the court gossips, it could damage negotiations-"

"I don't care." Your brother said. "I think it's clear what I think of them anyway. What with all the blood on my hands."

You rose from your seat, still holding your father's crown. "I'll take this back to your quarters?"

Your father spared you a glance. "Thank you my dear, I-"

You didn't stay for the rest of the sentence, stepping off the dias and carrying your fathers crown away and silently cursing your brother in your head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60 2 8
The boy sat, eyes wide and ears attentive. "Life is short," the man began, sitting down in the rickety old chair. "If it were a book, it would be ev...
519 31 14
-----PAUSED AT THE MOMENT. READ CHAPTER "Sorry!!!" FOR MORE INFORMATION.----- **ALL STORIES DISCONTINUED FOR THE TIME BEING** Also being revised a li...
1M 61.3K 32
PHANTASM SERIES BOOK 2 --- Versailles (proper noun). The argument over the etymology of Versailles tends to privilege the Latin word 'versare', meani...
110K 3.3K 22
• BOOK ONE OF THE KAIIDTH SERIES! ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ - Though you weren't one for uncommon pleasantries, this seemed to be the best time for such. If you...