Soulmates (The Umbrella Acade...

By x_carolyn_x

(𝐟𝐒𝐯𝐞 𝐱 𝐨𝐜) "π’―π’½π‘’π“Ž'𝓇𝑒 π“ˆπ‘œπ“Šπ“π“‚π’Άπ“‰π‘’π“ˆ" I don't own any characters besides Eleanor :) *slow upd... More

π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
authors note
𝘧π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦
𝘴π˜ͺ𝘹
𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯
small note
-another note-
π–Šπ–Žπ–Œπ–π–™
π–“π–Žπ–“π–Š
authors note
π–™π–Šπ–“
quick note :)
π–Šπ–‘π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–“
π–™π–œπ–Šπ–‘π–›π–Š
π–™π–π–Žπ–—π–™π–Šπ–Šπ–“
π–‹π–”π–šπ–—π–™π–Šπ–Šπ–“
π–‹π–Žπ–‹π–™π–Šπ–Šπ–“
quick note :)
π–˜π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–“π–™π–Šπ–Šπ–“

π–˜π–Žπ–π–™π–Šπ–Šπ–“

2.2K 83 11
By x_carolyn_x

I left with an astonishing 84k reads and came back to nearly 125k.. there's actually no words to describe the shock and gratitude. I seriously love you all, the support is outstanding and forever something I'll be grateful for ♥️

I'm so, so sorry for the long wait, it was absolutely not supposed to take that long the break most definitely helped in some ways but I realized that writing is my escape from reality. So, moving on to the long awaited chapter ..

"Gonna come back and take you home, I could not stop that you now know"

Coldplay's song 'Clocks' blared from the radio placed in Eleanor's bedroom, joyous laughter and happiness soaking in the photo covered walls. Her once neatly made bed was completely wrecked, with her blanket shifted and pillows thrown about.

Klaus and herself had taken the opportunity to jam out to a bunch of songs they loved, having heard that Reginald was leaving the academy for a few hours. The two teenagers needed a distraction, so ironically enough they had ran to each other at the exact same time to request for it.

"Come out upon my seas, cursed missed opportunities! Am I--"

"--A part of the cure, or am I a part of the disease?"

Eleanor and Klaus stood upon her messy bed holding what they used as microphones, singing to each other with smiles breaking through their faces. Her hair had been sticking up slightly from all the jumping she's been doing, although she couldn't care less.

She allowed Klaus to twirl her around, continuing to sing the song with him until her foot caught the edging of the blanket. Being pulled backwards, her body fell back and to the ground with a loud thud.

It was silent for a few moments, before the both of them broke into fits of giggles. Klaus peered over the edge of the bed with a devious smirk, "Dumbass".

"But you love me!" Eleanor cried out dramatically, sprawling her arms outwards with a big grin.

"No.. no, I have to disagree El"

Within seconds Klaus had been tugged down to the ground with a single pulling from her finger, his body landing next to hers with a muffled "oomph".

Their laughter slowly died out as they stared up at her cream colored ceiling, settling in the comfortable silence before Klaus spoke, "I always feel at my best when we do this, it's too bad it can't be everyday".

Eleanor sighed softly, twisting the rings on her fingers around before answering, "I know.. but one day, we won't have to worry about all these stupid tests dad puts us through, or, missions.. we can be normal".

"Normal.." Klaus trailed off, folding his hands over his stomach.

"Well, maybe I'll be normal, not your oompa loompa ass"

"What?! how could you call me that Ellie?" Klaus mocked offense, sitting up with a bewildered expression.

"Say what?" Eleanor had sat up as well, a false look of confusion on her face.

"You called me an oompa loompa!"

"Klaus, hunny, I think you're high again" She whispered, placing her hand on his forehead and laughing when he swat it away with a scowl.

"No but, being real, I'm kind of scared for all of us to grow up" Klaus admit, dropping his head with a frown.

"I am too, but.. you'll always have me! ur my best friend Klaus, no way we're being split up"

Light knocks sounded from her bedroom door, Eleanor turning and seeing Five leaning against the door with a frown.

"Oh, hello love" She greeted with a smile, standing up and turning her music down so it wasn't blaring so loudly.

"Hey"

Eleanor tilt her head at the tone he used, a very unusual tone, one he most definitely didn't take with her.

"What's wrong, are you okay?"

Klaus stared at the two for a while until he grew bored, standing up and ruffling Eleanor's already messy hair.

"I'll see you at dinner Ellie" He bid her goodbye, before ducking under Five's arm and heading to his own room.

Five stared at the wooden floorboard below him, seeing the scuff marks from many memories they've made. His attention was drawn away from it by Eleanor grabbing his hand gently, "Five, talk to me".

He squeezed her hand before leading them over towards her bed, laying his hand atop her thigh before speaking, "I'm just so frustrated about everything".

"Everything? want to be specific about that?"

"I know I can do so much more with my strength and power! I want to time travel, El, I know I'm ready and I feel Reginald doesn't seem to take that into consideration" He finally exploded, his green eyes staring at hers with intensity.

Eleanor recoiled for a moment, looking at him with curiosity, "I wouldn't ever doubt you Fi, you're strong and hold a lot of potential that you can and will reach"

"But, maybe ignoring Reginald's disagreements with it isn't the right decision" She expressed her concerns, not missing the twitch of his mouth forming into a frown.

"So you agree with him?"

Five couldn't stop the annoyance lacing his words, face dropping at her worries. Part of him indeed agreed with her, but his eagerness to learn and grow stronger overpowered it easily.

"No, no I didn't mean it like that, I absolutely do not agree with him" She rushed out, feeling herself starting to frown as his grip on her fingers became looser.

"I just don't want you to do something you'll regret love, I mean.. time traveling is extreme stuff, what happens if you mess up or, or go too far?"

Five let a low scoff slip from his mouth, and had he known just how true her words were he would have stopped himself from making one of his deepest regrets.

"Nobody has concept of how time travel or space jumping works, who's to say if it works or not? I thought you out of everyone would agree and support me on this" His tone sent a small pang of hurt in her chest, already forming the words to respond back with.

Although before she could even speak, Allison interrupted by peaking her head inside Eleanor's room, "Hey, dinners ready".

Five stared at Eleanor with mixed emotions before standing and walking out without another word, leaving behind unspoken words that both himself and her will forever regret.

-

A very thick and heavy silence blanketed the atmosphere, the only sound you'd hear being the forks and knifes hitting the plates.

Eleanor and Five sat by each other at the dining table, the latter still in a sour mood from their previous talk.

Even though she was a bit saddened by his words, she still grabbed his hand like normal overlooking the tension that hung over their heads.

Five felt so overwhelmed by what was bothering him, he pulled his hand from hers and avoided any eye contact after. The action left her feeling hurt, not missing the curious glances the other teens sent them.

Suddenly, she wasn't hungry anymore. Pushing her plate away from her, she played with her fingers under the table while everyone ate silently without her.

The thick silence had been broken by Five, whom had slammed his knife into the table causing few to jump startled by the sudden noise.

"Number Five?"

"I have a question" Five stated, ignoring the warning stares Vanya and El gave him.

Eleanor toyed with the rings on her fingers, a pit beginning to form in her stomach. She knew nothing good would come out of this, and only hoped Five would listen to her words.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules, there's no talking during meal time you are interrupting Herr Carlson" Reginald waved his knife over towards the record player, the tension now rising further.

Five shoved his plate ahead of him roughly, it clanging against Eleanor's untouched food, I want to time travel".

"No."

"But I'm ready!" Five argued, pushing his chair back while he stood up, "I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said". To prove his point, he then disappeared from besides Eleanor and appeared on Reginald's left side, "see?".

The older man simply placed his silverware down and instead grabbed his glass of red wine, lifting it to his lips then speaking, "A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel, one is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of freezing water.. and reappearing as an acorn".

Eleanor cringed at the prolonged silence after that, looking up and locking eyes with a very confused Luther. He silently mouthed out, "What's that mean?" to her, Eleanor rolled her eyes and mouthed a "I'll tell you later".

"Well, I don't get it"

"Hence the reason you're not ready"

Five looked over at Eleanor, and in return she frowned and shook her head at him. He faltered for just a moment, before continuing to argue with Reginald, "I'm not afraid".

"Fear isn't the issue, the effects it might have on your body, even on your mind are far too unpredictable," Reginald slammed his knife and fork down before twisting around to face him, "Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore!".

Five glared down at the table before turning on his heels and exiting the dining room, running from the room and towards the door, Reginald shouting after the angry boy, "Number Five! you haven't been excused!".

Eleanor sprung up from her seat and began running after the boy, before her wrist had been caught by Reginald, "Number Zero! you are not dismissed sit back down!".

"No! I need to be there for him" She argued back, ignoring the bruised ache her wrist gave as she yanked it from his tight grip. Her pace quickened as she ran after Five, trying to catch him before he made it towards the door.

"Five!"

Five didn't stop nor respond to her calls, instead running even faster while pushing open the doors to the academy. He almost made it down the stairs before Eleanor caught his sleeve, the both of them tumbling back.

"Fi, please, listen to me" She pleaded, and the worry in her voice is what brought his eyes to look into her scared ones, "Don't leave, you don't know what you're doing I can't loose you".

"El, I need to leave I can't stay here" He didn't mean to be so harsh, and although he wanted to get his point across that was not the way he wanted to do it. "How am I supposed to gain strength and grow stronger if I'm held back on a leash? I need to do this".

With that, he tugged his arm from her gentle grip and threw open the gates, beginning to walk from the academy. Eleanor felt tears spring to her eyes, not believing that this was actually happening right now, "So you're just going to leave me?".

Even with her voice barley coming above a whisper, he heard it and felt it go right through him. Perhaps it was the anger that pushed him to space jump away from sight, or rather it was the pain that shot right into his chest at her words.

Being realistic, Five would have given in and melted right into her arms if he had turned around. Being even more realistic, he wasn't thinking clearly and made the biggest mistake leaving the love of his life behind.

Was he doing this all for power and strength? Or was he doing this because he felt belittled and wanted to prove to Reginald that he could do it.

Eleanor was left staring at the space where he previously stood, the shock numbing any tears or sadness for just a second. And then came the pain, not from the overwhelming hurt or anger but coming directly from her chest. More specifically, her heart.

The minute he space jumped away, something changed. A wave of unease and striking pain crushed her heart, her trembling fingers grasping the fabric covering her chest.

The connection between his and her heart simply vanished, leaving the trembling brunette to crumble towards the harsh pavement letting out shaky cries.

She couldn't feel him anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 130 52
{Five Hargreeves x Reader} You obviously are looking through the eyes of yourself, Y/n (and sometimes Five). I would go through all the tiny details...
9.4K 22 29
✨Imagines and story's of our favourite boys.✨ Disclamer: None of these characters belong to me
322K 5.4K 34
Basically the title [REQUESTS ARE CLOSED]
297K 7.3K 19
━ π’…π’Šπ’†π’ˆπ’ π’‰π’‚π’“π’ˆπ’“π’†π’†π’—π’†π’” π’‡π’‚π’π’‡π’Šπ’„π’•π’Šπ’π’