The Inevitable

By GenieThomas21

After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expe... More

Authors Note
CONGRATULATIONS!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10!
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's note 🗣

Chapter 7

28 1 0
By GenieThomas21

Stacy and I stopped by the bathroom to adjust our make up. I simply reapplied some gloss to my lips and fixed my hair while Stacy started to add foundation and contour like a full-on makeup class. 

"C'mon Stacy we'll be late for lunch," I whined. You can't blame me because I was so occupied with getting myself ready I didn't eat breakfast.

"Okay Okay," She replied with a huff of annoyance and applied one last touch of mascara on her face. 

By the time we got to the cafeteria, it was packed with people. Our cafeteria was not only separated by rank but interests as well. We have the drug dealers, nerds, weirdos, athletes on steroids, cheerleaders...the list goes on trust me. 

We stood in the line and waited till it was our turn to pick what we wanted to eat. Since I didn't eat breakfast I decided on a turkey sandwich with bacon, extra lettuce, large fry, and medium sprite. For dessert, I just took two slices of vanilla cheesecake and cherry toppings. On the other hand, Stacy just went for a salad with bacon bits and a bottle of water, taking a slice of carrot cake as her dessert. I eyed her funny when she collected her food but she rolled her eyes and took one of my fries. 

I felt a pair of eyes on me the entire time, watching my every move. When I looked up, it was like the person wasn't there anymore. I gave up trying to locate this mysterious person and finished my food just in time for the bell to ring signaling lunch is over. Stacy kissed me on the cheek before she left for her Social Studies class and I had French. I feel a little sad having a class without Stacy, but at least I won't have to see Dale's face either. I get one class...drama free...Dale free.

I reached class just in time and greeted my teacher in which she returned. I took my seat, popped my headphones in my ear, and waited for the class to begin. Five minutes later my teacher started to speak, so I removed my earbuds only feel a pair of eyes on me again. I tried to ignore but when the person wouldn't stop I let out a low growl of frustration which caused the entire class to become quiet. 

"Ms. White, can we continue with the class now?" My teacher asked nervously and I replied with a slight nod. 

"This is our new transfer student ladies and gentlemen. Can you please stand up and introduce yourself?" My head raised a little when my teacher said that and I was listening intensively, waiting to hear who's this mighty person everyone is speaking about. 

"I'm from a few packs away, I transferred here to get a new start and...meet new people. I'm 19 years old. That's all." He mentioned. The air felt different around him, who is this kid?

"Um...You forgot to say your name." My teacher pointed out. 

"Oh that's right," He said with a slight laugh that made a small smile appear on my glossy lips. "My name is Xavier Miller," He said proudly.

A small gasp left my lips and I finally turned to look at him, but a pair of baby blue eyes was already looking back at me. I thought Xavier would break eye contact first considering my rank in the pack but he didn't. Instead, he raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. We gained the attention of the whole class and I felt a light blush making its way to my face. I turned my face before he could even get the chance to feel even more confident about himself. For once I was glad for having long hair because it covered my face...away from him. But at the same time, I wanted him to see what effect he has on me. 

I still felt his piercing stare at the side of my face and my palms started to get sweaty. I couldn't take his stare anymore, so I abruptly stood up, gathered my necessities, and left the class without looking back. I was so close to making it to my locker before I'm pulled around aggressively to face an angry pair of emerald eyes. Is it bad that I wanted it to be a different color of eyes?...

"What the fuck Samantha! Why would you flirt with that guy!" Dale shouted in my face while holding my bad arm. A whimper was about to escape my mouth from the excruciating pain I was feeling but I bit my tongue.

"ANSWER ME GODDAMIT OR I SWEAR TO THE MOON GODDESS I'LL-"

"You'll what Dale? What are you going to do?" I questioned and stared directly into his eyes. I saw his wolf fighting for dominance and I was not backing down. If I have to fight him for his title so be it. I watched the war happen in his eyes, clearly, his wolf wanted full control but he was trying his best to restrain him. 

"Don't play games with me, White." He snarled 

"You rejected me Rivers. You.Fucking.Rejected.ME!" I screamed angrily. I'm sure smoke was coming out of my ears and nose because I was so pissed at him. The rejection isn't fully completed until I accept it. When that happens our wolves would be in so much pain that we could die. The only way of survival is if we mate with other people before we die of pain and our body completely shuts down. Few people have survived this process but at what cost? Their sanity? or worse...their wolf? I can't lose Daisy, she's all I have. After my eldest sister died everything in my life changed for the worse. I was suddenly pressured into being the next Beta Female and I missed out on a lot of teenage experiences. My parents always tried to buy me gifts to make up for it and I will always accept it but it'll never bring her back.

Dale squeezed my semi healed arm even more and bruising was beginning to form. I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood because I wanted to scream so bad. He could clearly see the pain in my eyes and smiled at me.

"I own you, Samantha. Whether I want to finger fuck you in a hospital bed or have you locked up in my basement making my next heirs. I.Own.You. The moon goddess did the stupidest thing ever by making you, my mate." He warned me.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I whispered. My tears started to cloud my vision of his hateful gaze towards me. 

"It should've been you that died." He said. Confusion was written all over my face. What is he talking about?? The bell rang for the next period to begin and Dale dropped me to the ground like I was nothing to him. I instantly nurtured my bruised arm, while the person that was put on this earth just for me, walked away like I wasn't. 

~*************~

I couldn't stay in school after everything that happened. I ran to my car in the parking lot, ignoring the curious stares I was getting. I was so close to opening my car door but a muscular hand pushed the door shut. I started to wonder if Dale was coming back to hurt me again, so I prepared myself for the fight of a lifetime. I turned around swinging my only good arm to slap Dale but was met with...baby blue eyes? He caught my hand just in time and gave me an amusing look.

"Oh...Xavier...what are you doing here?" I stumbled all over my words hoping he wouldn't notice that I'm trying to hide my bruised arm. Lucky for me, he found me amusing.

"Well I remembered you left class right after I said my name, I thought I did something wrong." He confessed with sincere eyes. My heart fluttered a bit but I ignored it. I can't let him see me like this.

"You did nothing wrong, Mr. Miller." I straightened my posture and slowly took my hand away from his grasp. I could swear I saw him frown a little but he masked it with a smile. Maybe I'm seeing things. 

"No need for the formalities, please call me Xavier or Xavi" 

"Oh okay...Xavier. Well I should be on my way now"

"Wait!" He said panicked. A look of confusion took over my face when I turned back around. "Maybe we should go for...ice cream? sometime?" He said nervously. Something was drawing me to figure out what's his secret but I was in so much pain to even care.

"I'm a very busy woman Xavier Miller. I don't date boys who waste my time, and I don't appreciate being toyed with if that's how you plan on becoming popular at this high school. I am the future Beta female of this pack and I will not stand for foolery." I snapped. I felt slightly bad after my speech but I needed to care for my arm right now.

"I haven't said anything about dating you, Miss Samantha White." He chuckled and took a step towards me.

"I-I-I... Goodbye Miller." I grumbled and opened my car door with no interruptions this time. 

"Goodbye White." He smiled and watched as I drove away in my car. 

Word count: 1555

06/01/21

A/N

I wanna built Xavier's character more but make him mysterious at the same time. He'll be appearing a lot in this story. I already have an idea of the role I want him to play and you'll just have to wait in the next few chapters to find out! This story is honestly flowing through me naturally because I'm like 'Put yourself in Samantha's position, what would she feel?' 

If you're ever wondering...Is she ever gonna make a different POV. The answer is.................YUP! Most definitely just have patience people I have so many ideas and it'll come into effect.

How am I gonna end the book/novel? Ion know yet but prepare yourselves. It could be a happy ending or a sad gruesome ending where you cry and feel so many emotions for the character to the point you wanna message me ( the author) to rewrite the ending and I might consider Lol!

Till next time babies!

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND ADD this book to your library! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 7.8K 18
When a male werewolf turns eighteen he can choose a mate. Mostly they choose she-wolves, but sometimes they choose a human. Six years later Brooklyn...
1.2M 33.5K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
35.9K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...
636K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...