misfits ━ harry potter

By harringtonsbloom

MISFITS || In which the characters from the killing curse series, werewolf girl, and dusk till dawn all emerg... More

𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗙𝗜𝗧𝗦. .
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶: meeting the misfits
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶: meeting the misfits II
𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗖 𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗢. .
I. FOOLS OF HOGWARTS
II. DILEMMAS OF DIVINATION
III. LUPIN'S LESSON
V. LONESOME LETTERS
VI. EMERSON THE EMPATHETIC
VII. FIGHTING LIKE A MUGGLE
VIII. MARAUDERS MAP
IX. LUPINS LEAD
X. DANGEROUS DIVULGING
XI. POTTER AND BLACK
XII. NEW BEGINNINGS
★- 𝘃𝗼𝗹. 𝗶𝗶: goblet of fire
XIII. SUMMER DAYS
XIV. RELATIONSHIPS

IV. HONEY SWEETS

1.8K 133 453
By harringtonsbloom

★- ★- ★-
CHAPTER FOUR:
HONEY SWEETS
★- ★- ★-

ATLAS HAD NOT BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD AND HE HOPED EVERYONE KNEW IT. EVER SINCE HIS FATHER HAD BEEN SPOTTED IN LONDON, EVERYONE WAS BACK TO STARING AT HIM AND WHISPERING WHEN HIS BACK WAS TURNED.

Which is exactly why when Saturday morning came around and most people had been sleeping in bed, he decided to go down to the Quidditch Pitch and practise for a couple hours. He was aware that the Slytherin captain Oliver Wood was leaving and he would make his best efforts to win the Quidditch Cup for the year, and ever since Potter joined their team Slytherin had been going down.

When Atlas got to the pitch, he was surprised to see a certain brown-eyed Gryffindor girl packing away her belongings.

She rolled her eyes when seeing him coming over.

"Kale, did you purposely plan to meet me here today?" Atlas questions. "Did you know I was coming to the pitch today? Merlin, this little crush of yours is getting out of hand-"

"You're awfully vain, do you know that?" she replied, zipping up her bag.

He shrugs. "I've been told it, I don't believe it though."

Atlas watched as the tips of the girls ears and cheeks went pink.

"You blush a lot for someone who says they don't have a crush on me, you know?"

"You're the last person I would ever have a crush on, Black. Do you hear me? You're arrogant, selfish and rude." Dawn told him, sending him a glare before walking past him.

"I presume you were out here training for the Slytherin and Gryffindor match coming up." he yells to her and the brunette stops and turns to him. "You'll need all the practise you can get, we'll wipe the floor with you all, or I will I should probably say."

Her eyes narrow. "I'm far better at Quidditch than you-"

"I think we both know that's not true."

"Are you saying I'm a bad Quidditch player?"

"Not a bad one, just average I'd say."

Dawn was looking at him like she wanted to kill him, and Atlas simply grinned back at her. Her nostrils flared in anger, and he raised his eyebrows seeing if she would do anything. He grins softly at her and her cheeks turned red. Instead of rising to it, Dawn turned on her heel and made her way back to the castle.

Up in the Gryffindor common room, Harry, Ron and Hermione had all been sitting down.

"What's happened?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione.

"First Hogsmeade weekend." Ron grins. "End of October. Halloween."

"Excellent," Fred Weasley replied, "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

"Harry, I'm sure you'll be able to go next time," Hermione told him. "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's been sighted once already."

"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade," Ron exclaimed. "Ask McGonagall if you can go this time, Harry. The next one might not be for ages-"

"Ron!" said Hermione. "Harry's supposed to stay in school -"

"He can't be the only third year left behind," said Ron. "Ask McGonagall, go on, Harry-"

"Yeah, I think I will."

Suddenly the doors open loudly and Dawn Kale came into the common room looking like she was going to kill someone. She looked around before spotting them three.

"Have any of you seen Colleen? She was here when I left."

"Yes, she's gone to her detention with Snape. Why?"

Without hesitation, the girl sits down with them and begins to tell them, "Black is an arrogant prat, do you know that? He's just rude and so self entitled. I'm sure I have never met anyone I dislike as much as him."

Harry, Hermione and Ron never really spoke with Dawn Kale before. The three of them spoke with everyone in their house and were good friends but Colleen and Dawn had always been slightly out from the close friend group of the third year Gryffindor's.

"He is a proper prat." Ron agreed.

"What he do?" Harry asks.

"He-he just gets under my skin." Dawn told them all rolling her eyes. "I just don't like him."

"I wonder what his sister is like." Hermione mentions, with a small shrug. "Wonder if she's the same as him. Presumably so."

Harry almost forgot he had a sister. "Probably. At least she's not here though. I don't think I could deal with two of them."

"Haven't they tried to get a photo of her, though?" Dawn asked the three, "I seen it in the Daily Prophet last week, they have no information on her. I have to admit, I wouldn't fancy being followed with people trying to take photos of me."

"Good point." Harry mentions. "Can't be nice."

"Probably not."

★- ★- ★-

The topic of Hogsmeade had been one that all the third years had been discussing during the weekend. When Monday morning came around, Atlas, Emerson and Calum were sitting at breakfast.

Emerson and Calum had both been discussing the trip, however Atlas' attention was elsewhere. He was looking down at the end of the Slytherin table. The Slytherin table which one girl was glaring harshly at him, and he was awkwardly trying to ignore the looks.

"I think we should also go to Honeydukes. Apparently, they have the best honey flavoured sweets there." Emerson tells her friends, with a growing smile. "I want to buy at least enough bags to last me till next year."

"Your honey addiction is going to get you killed." Calum laughs, "But I want to try the sweets there too. I also need to go to Scrivenshaft's Quill's shop."

"Perfect, we can all go there early together." Emerson didn't try to hide her excitement. "Atlas, is there anywhere you'd like to go?"

When his two friends turned to him, Atlas had stopped looking at the girl.

"Sorry. What were you two talking about?"

Emerson rolled her eyes. "What have you done? That girl has been staring at you for ages."

"Hm. Oh, nothing."

"Atlas."

"Nothing." he says quickly. When his two friends didn't buy his lie, he sighs and gestures for them to come closer. When they did he tells them quietly. "You see that girl over there?"

"Serena Grey?"

"Yeah, well Grey hates me." he mentions rolling his eyes slightly. "She asked me to Hogsmeade yesterday and I didn't really know what say. I told her I'd think about it....but then you see her friend? The one with the pretty blue eyes, yeah she asked me too."

Calum puts a hand in head. "Oh, please don't tell me you said yes to her friend-"

"I did...." Atlas groans. "Apparently, I've offended Grey. I mean she's nice and all but...."

"Wait, so you're taking someone to Hogsmeade? So you aren't coming with us?" Emerson asked.

Atlas turns to her. "No, no I'll still meet up with you guys, just after."

"Oh. Alright."

Atlas nods softly and it's silent for a few moments after this. Emerson stands up and grabs her bag, causing both boys to look at her. "I'm heading to Transfiguration, I need to ask McGonagall about the work. Oh, and by the way Atlas it's really a mean move to do that to a girl."

Calum snorts slightly, and the blonde girl sends them both a judgemental look before turning away and leaving.

"She's cute when she's mad." Atlas mentions, with a small sigh. "What do you think? Is it mean? Sometimes I lack judgment about my choices."

"It's your life, do what you want." Calum told him with a shrug.

"Good point."

Calum's mouth opens to speak but someone clearing their throat made him stop. The two of them turned around and Professor Snape looked towards Atlas.

"Mr Black, I have received your form for Hogsmeade today, but I should let you know that Professor McGonagall has made the valid point that it might be best you do not attend."

His eyebrows raise. "What do you mean?"

"Given the recent information about your...father being spotted close to Hogwarts, we believe it's in your best safety to not go to the village this year, just incase-"

Atlas felt anger when he used the word father. He hated that. He hated him. He shoved his anger aside and looked at Snape. "Well, if it's in my danger then it's in everyone's else's danger and we all shouldn't go."

"I have a lesson to teach. Take it up with Professor McGonagall." he says swiftly before leaving.

"Merlin that woman has it bloody out for me and I'm sick of it." Atlas says angrily as he and Calum leaves the Great Hall. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "It's not bloody fair, do you know that? First my father escaped Azkaban, making life extremely difficult for me and secondly now I can't even go to Hogsmeade."

"Even if she says no aren't you going to go anyway? When have you ever followed the rules?"

"Of course I'm going to go but that's beside the point. She purposely went to Snape and told him that. She's out to get me, Calum!"

"You're so dramatic."

"Dramatic or genius?"

"Dramatic, Atlas, you're dramatic."

The two of them walked into the classroom and took their seats by the window. Emerson had been crossing over several things from her essay that had due.

"I don't thing I've ever seen so many red marks on a page." Atlas comments, and him and Calum laugh but Emerson glares at him. It was clear the blonde was annoyed with him, he leaned over and rested his head on her shoulder. She gave a loud sigh out. "I'm sorry. Next time, I'll be nicer to girls."

Emerson almost wanted to laugh. "Next time, maybe don't be rude to girls. Her friend, Atlas, very low move."

Atlas noticed how she had a strong smelling perfume. "I'm sorry."

Emerson glances down at him, and his head on her shoulder. She narrows her eyes. "Don't use your puppy dog eyes on me."

His big brown eyes widened slightly. The two them looked at each other for a few seconds before she sighed, and shoved him off her.

"Fine. Promise me you'll say sorry to Serena."

"I'm already writing her an apology letter."

"That's not funny."

"I see you smiling."

"I'm not smiling, that's just how I look-"

Calum shushed them, "Shut up."

The three of them were quiet for the rest of the lesson and for once Atlas actually payed attention. However, once the end of the lesson came, Atlas decided to go up and speak with McGonagall.

"One moment, please!" she called as the class made to leave. "As some of you are in my House, you should hand Hogsmeade permission forms to me before Halloween. No form, no visiting the village, so don't forget!"

Neville put up his hand. "Please, Professor, I - I think I've lost -"

"Your grandmother sent yours to me directly, Longbottom," Professor McGonagall told him. "She seemed to think it was safer. Well, that's all, you may leave."

Atlas sighed and walked up towards McGonagall but someone had suddenly shoved into him almost causing him to fall. When he looked, Potter who was shoved by Weasley had also been going to McGonagall.

His eyes narrowed. "Watch where you're going, Potter."

"Watch where you're going Potter...." he heard Potter mock behind his back.

When McGonagall looked up, and seen Black and Potter standing at her desk, she sighed.

"Yes, Black, Potter what may I help you with today?"

"Professor, my aunt and uncle - er - forgot to sign my form." Potter says, before Atlas could speak. Atlas glared at him. "So er d'you think it would be all right mean, will It be okay if I-I if I go to Hogsmeade?"

Atlas let out a small snort and Potter glared at him.

"I'm afraid not, Potter," McGonagall mentions with a small frown to him. "You heard what I said. No form, no visiting the village. That's the rule."

"But Professor, my aunt and uncle, you know, they're Muggles-"

Even though Atlas was brought up in a household conditioned to looked down to anyone who isn't a full blood, Atlas had always found muggles interesting.

"They don't really understand about Hogwarts forms and stuff," Potter began. "If you said I could go -"

"But I don't say so, The form clearly states that the parent or guardian must give permission." she told him. "I'm sorry, Potter, but that's my final word. You had better hurry, or you'll be late for your next lesson."

Atlas turns to him. "Ah well. There's always next year. It's not like you have a date or anything, I would be very surprised if you did."

"Black. What seems to be the problem?" McGonagall asked when Potter went to speak back to the boy.

"Nice to see you too. Snape told me you don't think I should go to Hogsmeade this year because of-" he trailed off and sent a glare to Potter who decided to not leave. "my father."

He felt Potter staring at him, and Atlas was very tempted to turn and hit him-

"Yes, Black. I believe with the recent spotting of your father close to the grounds, you shouldn't attend the village this year, at least until Christmas. It really is not safe-"

"But that's not fair-"

"What isn't safe fair is that you believe I would let you attend Hogsmeade, Mr Black. Your father is one of the most wanted criminals at the minute, you can't be out of this castle without supervision."

"Oh, but everyone else can?"

"Maybe you're forgetting the fact that you are his son." she told him, and Atlas looked at her with crossed arms. "And you are going to be the one he is looking for. Until your father is caught, you are to stay in the castles perimeters."

"And if I refuse?"

McGonagall looked at him and he looked at her.

"Are you going to refuse?" she asked him.

Atlas rolled his eyes dramatically. "Well I don't know that yet-"

"Then this conversation is over, Mr Black. I hope you'll learn this is in your best interest."

"Like you care about that." Atlas replied, sending her a look before leaving the room.

Despite the fact Potter and Black claimed they were nothing alike, the two of them had the same thought in that moment: why couldn't he just have a normal life?

★- ★- ★-

When Hogsmeade came around everyone had been rather excited to go. Despite the fact McGonagall had told Atlas he couldn't go, that wasn't going to stop him. Emerson and Calum helped him sneak down through the tunnels by the Hufflepuff common room.

He spent a couple of fine hours with Jodie (after the entire situation with Serena and her friend, and advice from Emerson he didn't go with either of them) before leaving in search of his two friends.

Eventually he found them.

"Cal, Emerson!" he shouts and the two of them turn away from looking at the some notices on the board outside the three broom sticks. "I've looked for you everywhere."

"We were having an argument with the owner of Honeydukes."

Atlas looks at Emerson in shock, his eyebrows lift. "About what?"

"We went in to get my honey sweets and they weren't there!" Emerson explains throwing her hands up into the air. "And when we kindly asked the shop owner-"

"It wasn't kind. You were rude." Calum interrupted.

"Shut up, Calum." Emerson told him, "Anyway, when we were asking him to go find us more he said they were all sold out!"

Atlas smiled. "That's a pity."

"Why are you smiling?"

Emerson watched as Atlas reaches into his pocket and pulled out two packs of honey sweets. He had left his date early to go to Honeydukes, he planned on getting them for her anyway.

"You're my best friend." she grins. "And officially back in my good books."

"I'm always in your good books." Atlas grins, and the three of them walked down.

Eventually the three of them go back to Hogwarts, Emerson and Calum headed down to diner. Atlas however stayed up in his common room and choose to avoid Professor McGonagall who he heard had been looking for him. He sat on the couch in the common room.

Suddenly, it happens again and Atlas feels the same burning sensation he had all those weeks ago. This time, it was a lot worse and painful. He waited for it to past but this time it didn't. The emotion that he felt this time felt like....hurt.

But it wasn't him that was hurt.

He had absolutely no idea where the pain was coming from. Atlas at this stage was sure he had some sort of medical disease, he really needed to get it checked out. He held a hand to his chest, struggling to breathe as he stood up.

The doors opened and Atlas' mind switched to the two frantic figures running in. Both Calum and Emerson had their wands up, causing his eyes to widen.

Calum ran forward quickly, and hugged him. "You know I hate hugging but I'm so glad you aren't dead right now."

"Dead?" Atlas pulled away with furrowed eyebrows. He was surprised Calum hugged him, neither of them were the most affectionate. "Why would I be dead?"

It was only when he looked at Emerson did he know something was wrong.

"What is it? What's the matter?"

She looked at him, her blue eyes becoming full of pity. "He-he's in the castle. Y-Your. . . Sirius is in the castle."

★- ★- ★-

This chapter was mostly an Atlas based chapter!! Hopefully you liked that! I will be switching between characters in chapters and fully dedicating certain chapters to characters like this one!

Before anyone could say anything atlas is going to go under a lot of development, don't hate him yet!

Next chapter will have a lot of stuff!! This chapter was mostly trying to show atlas/ Calum/ Emerson's friendship since they're all new OC's

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 9.1K 26
Fred Weasley x reader Book 1 {UNDER EDITING} WARNINGS: ●CUSSING ●GRINGEY WRITING ●ENGLISH ISNT MY FIRST LANGUAGE ●NO SMUT
10K 299 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...
1.2M 55.2K 55
DUSK TILL DAWN || in which a girl figures out she is the daughter of famous James Potter and tries her best to adapt to the wizarding world in the mi...
160K 1.6K 41
These one-shots contain friendship one-shots and romantic ones. As specified in the title Y/N will be presented as a women throughout all included se...